Photo

Grand Theft Auto IV: 10th Anniversary

85 replies to this topic
Keano
  • Keano

Two Number Nines

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by GTAKid667, 2 weeks ago.

While it's still a few months off, April 29th 2018 will mark 10 years since the release of GTA IV. Is anyone here hoping they will do something to mark the anniversary?

I'm hoping for a remaster of the game but not sure if that will happen, especially with Rockstar hopefully nearing the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 at that point. I think they will definitely do some stuff in GTA Online with themed clothing, cars and maybe they will add Liberty City to the GTA Online map, but who knows. Crossing my fingers for a remaster though.

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Painful Memories

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm sorry but the graphics are part of the aesthetics. It's peak late 2000s comfy.
  • t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 2 weeks ago.

The only thing I demand if we ever get a remaster or 10th anniversary whatever of IV.

16iulns.jpg

TAXI DRIVER MISSIONS WHENEVER YOU ENTER ANY YELLOW CAR CMON R* IF YOU DONT PUT THIS IN I WILL FLIP! I WANT TO BE A TAXI DRIVER IN LIBERTY CITY AND AFTER MY PASSENGERS LEAVE THE CAR SNIFF THE NICE GOOD TAXI SMELL.

• Banana, DidSomebodySayYouga, eCola and 4 others like this

thalilmythos
  • thalilmythos

Vigilante.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

No, just no, this game doesn't need a remaster, it looks just fine as it is, the graphics still hold up, and the gameplay does too, is completely unnecesary and therefore a waste of money, ain't happening.

• Gunnalingus likes this

Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister
  • Ma-mothers-Ma-Sister

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

In 4 months we will know
Im with you #RemasterTheMaster

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Snitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

I want remstered version of the game with gta 5 graphics re-released for pc with less lag.

In b4 someone says ridiculous thing like "GTA4ForAndroid"

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nothing, Rockstar failed to acknowledge the 20th anniversary of the GTA series, so the only thing the game will get are some songs removed due to license expiring.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nothing, Rockstar failed to acknowledge the 20th anniversary of the GTA series, so the only thing the game will get are some songs removed due to license expiring.

It's most likely they'll probably put a lousy Liberty City T-shirt in GTA Online instead lol.

• t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m, R4gN0r0K, B Dawg and 11 others like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I want it re-released on PC, with a good optimisation so I can play without stuttering.

• George Costanza, MilezDawg, RetroMystic and 2 others like this

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's most likely they'll probably put a lousy Liberty City T-shirt in GTA Online instead lol.

This.
Sadly, but This.
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I suppose there's no chance of mobile remaster? I guess only very expensive phones could handle it and it'd weight like several gigs which is very inconvenient for mobile users. 

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Remaster is unnecessary. My pc can barely run the game at max settings as it is. And like I previously have stated remaster would ruin the feel of the game. I'd hate to play some cartoonish Saints Rowy version of GTAIV.

It's enough if they make a PS4 and Xbox One releases like they did SA,

But Rockstar Games is not what it used to be. Now it's all about micro transactions. I heard they're even gonna build RDR2 around micro transactions, thus making it something like old west gta online. So you already know that RDR2 is probably gonna suck and will not hold up to previous Red Dead games.

If they do give GTAIV updated graphics like LA Noire recently, I hope the changes will be very minor. I love GTAIV's original look.

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and Ivan1997GTA like this

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by Ronald Reagan, A week ago.

Grand Theft Auto IV Remaster?

It is not needed. Not at all!

This game is already beautiful.

gc5xOoZ.png

i3rMpxW.png

FSewxcO.png

• Algonquin Assassin, Gunnalingus, ROCKSTAR MANIC and 3 others like this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Gunnalingus, A week ago.

Nobody's gonna force me to play remastered GTAIV anyway. I will still continue to play older versions of the game.

HigorSM
  • HigorSM

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago

I hope they make a remastered version with some bugs fixed, better optimization, and some graphical improvements, at least some higher resolution textures would not ruin the game, just don't make it look like GTA V.

• Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and ROCKSTAR MANIC like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I really hope they do an enhanced version. If there are way older games that got this treatment by xbox why can't they do this for both current consoles.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Hmmm nice bike, A week ago.

Another thread brought this up, I wonder if this screenshot that was accidentally leaked by an artist who worked for Rockstar is meant to be the enhanced version of IV?

5UoehXg.jpg

I had assumed that it was probably intended as an add-on to V or Online that ended up getting scrapped, but the thought of it being for a remaster of IV for the 10th anniversary never crossed my mind until now.

Here's the same spot in IV (albeit at a slightly different camera angle)

gta-v-leak-image-1-3.png

• DidSomebodySayYouga and Danie122 like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

I hope they make a remastered version with some bugs fixed, better optimization, and some graphical improvements, at least some higher resolution textures would not ruin the game, just don't make it look like GTA V.

I doubt they'd do that. GTA V looks good, but its artistic style wouldn't suit GTA IV.

• Zello, RaMMy, Ivan1997GTA and 2 others like this

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I think that a possibility of a GTA IV remaster is higher now due to Rockstar releasing a enhanced version of LA Noire for current gen consoles. LA Noire was the last thing I would expect to be re released due to the game not developed by an in-house Rockstar team. It's kinda likely we'll get one for GTA IV considering it is one of the most well recieved GTA's. However, I do not think it fits within their time frame due to prepping up Red Dead Redemption 2 and marketing the sh*t out of it. 

While I do think GTA IV in it's vanilla version is amazing in it's own right, but even minor improvements can make the game a much better experience. Imagine IV with the EFLC additions such as more detail to Liberty City, the additional vehicles and weapons, and the various side activities. I always wanted to see Roman and Niko play Air Hockey lol. If Rockstar does remaster IV, I think that it will be faithful to what the game was back in 2008. Rockstar ain't what they used to be, but they aren't stupid to ruin their own artistic vision for that particular game by making it more like GTA V. I might be an opportunistic bugger, but even though Rockstar might not release IV to the current gen consoles, I'm still fine by how the game is right now. 

• SchizNitz, Keano and Ivan1997GTA like this

Sonny F
  • Sonny F

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I thought latest patch 1.0.8.0 fixed the FPS problem for the PC version, did it?

Ronald Reagan
  • Ronald Reagan

• Members
  • Poland
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by Ronald Reagan, A week ago.

I have made some Grand Theft Auto IV 10th Anniversary Screenshots.

xnk9NvO.jpg

3AhXyL9.jpg

3NaKzLi.png

EvS2TXb.png

zu9zIL5.png

YA0Sk5X.png

• Tycek, anthony, Darealbandicoot and 3 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Very nice pictures, Mr. President.

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

I thought latest patch 1.0.8.0 fixed the FPS problem for the PC version, did it?

No, I have an extremely modern high-end system and I still have to turn down some of the settings to get a consistent frame rate.

• Danie122 likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by anthony, A week ago.

Who cares about a remaster ? Only the people who don't appreciate GTA 4 as it is. If it is not broken, don't fix it; GTA 4 doesn't need anything.

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

The game was a revolution in creating living, breathing cities in the computer games medium. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Classic Villain

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted A week ago

I believe they already did that with LCS release.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted A week ago

Who cares about a remaster ? Only the people who don't appreciate GTA 4 as it is. If it is not broken, don't fix it; GTA 4 doesn't need anything.

By all means though I would prefer GTA IV running on a more modern RAGE build like Max Payne 3/GTAV do, just so it can make use of hardware much more efficiently. Doesn't even have to change the look of things just providing the engine improvements with proper AA, etc, would already make GTA IV look a lot better and feel a lot better.
  • Hmmm nice bike, .Bach, anthony and 6 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

By all means though I would prefer GTA IV running on a more modern RAGE build like Max Payne 3/GTAV do, just so it can make use of hardware much more efficiently. Doesn't even have to change the look of things just providing the engine improvements with proper AA, etc, would already make GTA IV look a lot better and feel a lot better.

Yeah I completely agree.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Well maybe R* enabling the fingerless gloves due to fan demand like how the beat cop outfit was added to the outfits in LA Noires re release.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted A week ago

As much as I love GTA IV in its original form if they could treat it with care like the LA Noire remaster I wouldn't have any problems forking over my money for a PS4 and XB1 version. It's the Magnum Opus of the GTA series after all.:)

• Hmmm nice bike and MilezDawg like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users