Quantcast

» «
Photo

//Mister Los Santos 2017 - The Hole Of Glory\\

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
169 replies to this topic

Poll: Mister Los Santos 2017 (113 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the ultimate man, he who goes far beyond the tip, he who goes the extra inch, he who has class, he who deserves to win?

1. Steve Molloy - Presented by Big Molio (8 votes [7.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.08%

2. Jason Kick - Presented by EVOLUT7ON (37 votes [32.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.74%

3. Mark Crowne - Presented by IceDree (9 votes [7.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.96%

4. Lucas Lopez - Presented by LL Cool L (7 votes [6.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.19%

5. Matthew Flynn - Presented by Matrelith (4 votes [3.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.54%

6. Miro A. White - Presented by MiroAWhite (2 votes [1.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.77%

7. Sanches Net - Presented by Sanches (41 votes [36.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.28%

8. Thomas Whitehall - Presented by Testarossa (5 votes [4.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.42%

Vote
livejoker
  • livejoker

Memories of a Ghost

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:17 PM Edited by livejoker, 23 January 2018 - 07:19 PM.

We've contacted the winner about his charity choice as well as a staff member concerning the medals. Keep your eyes peeled for those!

Seeing we're kind of "waiting around" I would like to state that Mister LS will not happen next year. I know I've said that last year but I was persuaded heavily to host again this year. It's a fun but very demanding job. Pair that up with real life getting in the way (new 24/7 job), the aging GTA:O wardrobe that has made Miss LS call it quits and (specific) members raising concerns constantly just isn't worth it. I'm pleased to entertain those that let themselves be entertained and I couldn't have done it without the amazing team that I've had this year. I'm willing to hand over the Mister Los Santos account next year to someone who will host and who I believe to be fit and ready for the task...if Mister LS does happen as I fear it will either die off or RDR2 will be Mister Wild West.

Once the charity confirmation comes through (a day or two at most) we'll be requesting a lock and a ticket to a hot beach so we can sip on some Piña Coladas and ogle half-naked Brazilian men.

• EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger, Jason and 8 others like this

wingoose
  • wingoose

stamina battery mode

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:27 PM

There is always a clown trying to look cool by being condescending but only looks stupid when the comment is based on ignorance. lol My gripe isnt even about the final round. Get your facts str8 before you try and correct someone. smh

Oh yeah, dude, my bad, of course you didn't make the final round, did you?; ergo of course your gripe about the poll being an unfair popularity contest isn't to do with the final round, a final round that includes a poll which is structured in a way which could make it 100% a popularity contest. Your gripe is with the poll in the earlier round, a much fairer poll with judging scores included. Lmao. There's only one clown around here, Bumpy.

AlYEEenTwo
  • AlYEEenTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
  • Best Poster in General Chat 2017
    Coolest Member 2017
    Best Post 2017 [Paul Walker]
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:33 PM

Thank you for all the hard work, LJ & Team!  This is always done so professionally it's a wonder it's done by rank amateurs.  Here, I now promote you to Official Staff Amateurs.  And since I'm not staff:

There is always a clown trying to look cool by being condescending but only looks stupid when the comment is based on ignorance. lol My gripe isnt even about the final round. Get your facts str8 before you try and correct someone. smh

Oh yeah, dude, my bad, of course you didn't make the final round, did you?; ergo of course your gripe about the poll being an unfair popularity contest isn't to do with the final round, a final round that includes a poll which is structured in a way which could make it 100% a popularity contest. Your gripe is with the poll in the earlier round, a much fairer poll with judging scores included. Lmao. There's only one clown around here, Bumpy.

2ih8jyx.jpg

(this goes for all of you)

• Sanches likes this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Stroopwafel Deluxe

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:56 PM

We've contacted the winner about his charity choice as well as a staff member concerning the medals. Keep your eyes peeled for those!

Seeing we're kind of "waiting around" I would like to state that Mister LS will not happen next year. I know I've said that last year but I was persuaded heavily to host again this year. It's a fun but very demanding job. Pair that up with real life getting in the way (new 24/7 job), the aging GTA:O wardrobe that has made Miss LS call it quits and (specific) members raising concerns constantly just isn't worth it. I'm pleased to entertain those that let themselves be entertained and I couldn't have done it without the amazing team that I've had this year. I'm willing to hand over the Mister Los Santos account next year to someone who will host and who I believe to be fit and ready for the task...if Mister LS does happen as I fear it will either die off or RDR2 will be Mister Wild West.

Once the charity confirmation comes through (a day or two at most) we'll be requesting a lock and a ticket to a hot beach so we can sip on some Piña Coladas and ogle half-naked Brazilian men.

Reading this comment I was going to suggest we might have a Mr/Ms Blackwater competition next year  :lol:  but then I read you had a similar thought already.

• livejoker, EVOLUT7ON, AlYEEenTwo and 2 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:22 PM Edited by Sanches, 23 January 2018 - 08:23 PM.

The choice has been made. Due tribute to past year contest and thematics overall, we're donating to Men's Health yet one more time.

Stand by for report from livejoker.

• livejoker, AlYEEenTwo, Audi and 4 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Memories of a Ghost

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:46 PM Edited by livejoker, 23 January 2018 - 08:47 PM.

Medals are nice but the idea of making all of this for charity always brings a smile to my face. Well, I'm smiling once again as Sanches has gracefully (as he stated) decided to stick to Men's Health. This time we've donated to Orchid, a UK-based charity that focuses on Penile, Testicular and Prostate cancer. We've made a lot of dick jokes with Mister LS from last year and this year but cancer, in any form, is no laughing matter so it's so good to aid the battle against cancer affecting men. I took a quick look around the website and it looks fantastic. The only issue is that it's UK-based and deals in euro/euros. I've converted from Canadian dollar as the prize does say $50, though I should specify it being Canadian dollars that smell like maple syrup.

Lastly, a big thank you to the team of judges (iLL, Amy, Recon, Mach, REXX) - just amazing people. They've supported me through this last round even when this round didn't require their judging skills. Another thanks to ARTHUR. as special guest judge, all those involved in the Meet & Greet and shout out to Rejeckted for all the GFX work he's done. Big thanks to the staff, most specifically Raavi and RedDagger for helping me with the votes and thread management. Lastly, sloppy wet kiss to Sanches for picking this charity and all other contestants for being great sports as well as all voters and viewers.

We'll be asking for a lock tomorrow. Staff, feel free to unpin this if you wish. :)

SI9Yzf8.png?1

More pics here:

Spoiler

• EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger, AlYEEenTwo and 13 others like this

adrilp
  • adrilp

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:17 PM

Big congrats to Sanches for the win, it was a good one! Im glad to have participated here with you and also the rest of the participants, and I hope to see you all in the future, in a contest, game ot just anywhere :)
  • livejoker, AlYEEenTwo, Audi and 3 others like this

Audi
  • Audi

AИТRАХ

• The Yakuza
  • Mexico
  • Most Improved Member 2017
    Best Turbo Quattro 2017

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:19 PM

Adobe_20180123_205607.png
  • livejoker, Jason, Lilіth and 8 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Designer for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:23 PM Edited by REXX, 23 January 2018 - 10:24 PM.

Just want to say thank you to LJ who considered and selected me as a judge this year and for organizing the Mister LS 2017, all of my fellow judges and not last but least; every single person that took the time to participate!

Orchid shall be pleased with the donation, the fact this was all for charity makes me proud of everyone! One day scientists will grab that cancer by the balls (literally).

Rexx, out! 😎
  • livejoker, EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger and 6 others like this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

dhMeAzK.gif

Wonderful job, everyone! Congrats to Sanches for the win! Reading all of the entries was quite entertaining, and many of the pictures clever. Sad to hear this won't be returning, so it was fun while it lasted!
  • livejoker, AlYEEenTwo, REXX and 1 other like this

Lanesend
  • Lanesend

Brütal Crimelørd

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:08 AM

Conrats Sanches!

A well deserved winner. Be careful not to let that crown go over your helmet.

Also a special thanks to LJ and the judges for making this happen.

I've really enjoyed reading through all of the entries (and flame wars).

Cheers

• livejoker and Sanches like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:44 AM

KYyOk8v.jpg

Gmyjxkn.jpg

• Alvarez, ILL, Audi and 4 others like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:50 AM

Hey Sanches, congrats!
  • Sanches likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

I know I said it a couple of times before, but Thank You LiveJoker for your hard work & dedication towards the contest.

And thank you to the judges & everyone who participated this year, it was fun.

✌🏻
  • livejoker, EVOLUT7ON, AlYEEenTwo and 4 others like this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:15 PM Edited by R3CON, 25 January 2018 - 01:56 AM.

I also want to say Congratulations to Sanches on his victory - a testament to the power of a great story/a unique character.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to make an entry, write a background, take all the pictures and graphics and really make this competition an event. Its always great to have artistic talent showcased and see that GTA can be more than just K/D ratios and headshots. Mr. LS was the platform but it's the contestants that make it real. There was initial concern over how many people would show out for such a contest considering we're well over four years since the game's release and I was legitimately pleased at the turnout.

Also want to give props to my fellow judges. Couldn't have wished for a better group of people to bounce ideas off of. All very respectful and kind people behind the scenes, but also pragmatic and not afraid to keep it real. Cheers y'all.

Finally though, this competition couldn't have happened without LiveJoker. He's put in so much time to make this happen as well as his own IRL cash. Despite all the drama and debates and issues along the way he's always kept it professional and kept the focus of the competition on fun and creativity. Sure anyone can make a thread and title it such, but LJ went the extra mile to make this competition legitimate and respected every step of the way. Very well-organized on his part and whoever takes the reins from here would do well to follow his example.

Personally very glad to have had this opportunity as a judge.

Inb4 lock

• livejoker, EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger and 9 others like this

ILL
  • ILL

ALL CAPS

• Daily Globe
  • Mexico
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:43 PM Edited by ILL, 25 January 2018 - 03:18 AM.

I'm not an individual of much words but I'd like to say congrats to Sanches,

thanks to livejoker for putting this contest together again and for allowing me to be included in the judging panel,

shot-outs to my fellow judges,

& a huge thanks to all the contestants that took the time to put together these entries.

sh*t was dope as f*ck.

• livejoker, AlYEEenTwo, REXX and 6 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

Memories of a Ghost

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted 25 January 2018 - 12:47 AM Edited by livejoker, 25 January 2018 - 12:48 AM.

Thanks guys, I'll give you your $5 later. ;)

Now we're just waiting for a special guest before requesting a lock. He should be showing up real soon.

• REXX, Mach1bud, R3CON and 3 others like this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:55 AM Edited by Mach1bud, 25 January 2018 - 03:57 AM.

Fallen

wV5V5Cc.jpg

Empires rise and empires fall. Great men of history, eventually all wither into the dirt. I woke up 

this morning with a sense of closure in my mind. I can feel it to my bones. Old weather beaten

skin tingling as the sun kisses it through my penthouse windows one last time. I look out

on my kingdom, a place of many shadows that I have taken advantage of to bend this town

to my will. For my own personal gain. 

27AS2ig.jpg?1

Fear is not something I am familiar with. I watched as many of my family have fallen. Many in

the ground now. Seen my fair share of this world. Some of the good, and most of the bad. Over the 

last year my business has slowly faded. Employees have slowly stopped returning. Top dogs

once under my cowl have turned away. There are only so many bullets this old gun has, 

only so many threats I can make. I'm an old timer now. My threats falls on deaf ears, 

even when the threats are acted on. I have more blood on my hands now than ever. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the sun falls behind the skyline I know my time has come. The time of shadows. When 

new kings strike, the opportune time. Wars are often won, empires conquered in what

just seems like a few moments. It's never really the case however. It was a long time

coming. He was always coming. Waiting for a weakness. A slow old dog is as good as a wounded one.

*footsteps approaching from rear*

I am no longer Mr. Los Santos. 

O5ky8FW.jpg

• livejoker, EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger and 12 others like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

It was a long battle for sure. But now it has come to the end.

Sun is setting down and we should all go to sleep now. Take a rest from a long fight.

lKUYpMt.jpg

• livejoker, EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger and 9 others like this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Sheriff
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Ledby 2017
    Best Poster in Gaming 2017
    Best Topic 2017 [Microtransactions]
    Most Helpful Member 2017
    Most Helpful GTA Member 2017
    Campaign Poster Winner 2017
    Best Certified Crew 2017 [The Daily Globe]
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Best Ledby 2016
    Most Helpful 2016
    Quotable Notable Post of the Year 2016 ["sup"]
    Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Draw Contest Grand Prize 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Thanks for playing everyone!

Thanks to livejoker and the judges for volunteering to do this!

On a final note, remember, this isn't organised in any "official" manner - if you want to see a specific competition happen, then anyone can start it :santa:
  • livejoker, Mach1bud, R3CON and 3 others like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users