Quantcast

» «
Photo

//Mister Los Santos 2017 - The Hole Of Glory\\

79 replies to this topic

Poll: Mister Los Santos 2017 (40 member(s) have cast votes)

Who is the ultimate man, he who goes far beyond the tip, he who goes the extra inch, he who has class, he who deserves to win?

1. Steve Molloy - Presented by Big Molio (5 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Jason Kick - Presented by EVOLUT7ON (7 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

3. Mark Crowne - Presented by IceDree (7 votes [17.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.50%

4. Lucas Lopez - Presented by LL Cool L (2 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

5. Matthew Flynn - Presented by Matrelith (4 votes [10.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

6. Miro A. White - Presented by MiroAWhite (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

7. Sanches Net - Presented by Sanches (13 votes [32.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 32.50%

8. Thomas Whitehall - Presented by Testarossa (1 votes [2.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Mr. Los Santos
  • Mr. Los Santos

Making Men Hot Again

• Members
  • United-Nations
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mr. Los Santos, 2 days ago.

WGK3c0f.png

j6fF96G.png

Open them just a bit more...a bit more...yup, just like that....aaaaaand perfect!

Oh, hi there! As you can see we're changing up our drapes around the office. Sadly, they don't match the carpets. Anyway, welcome back to SACHANDLER - we're thrilled to see you back at our offices. Our team of expert judges were hard at work looking at who should make it to this stage. They've also had a helping hand from the public so you know that only the best of the best is on that list. Now there's nothing too difficult left to do for your final examination. All we ask of you is to strip down to your comfort level, head in that room, get to eye-level with the hole and say "banana".

We've also got a small list you should look over before heading in...

The final round will end on January 13th, Saturday @
8:59PM PST//9:59PM MST//10:59PM CST//11:59PM EST
4:59AM GMT (Tues.)//6:59AM EET (Tues.)
3:59PM AEDT (Tues.)//5:59PM NZDT (Tues.)

A public poll will open on January 14th and will close on January 20th.

Round 2 and its results can be found here

Alternatively, the results in form of a spreadsheet and graph are posted below for a short time in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

Before going further we'd like to give a sweaty but firm handshake to everyone who made this possible from all the judges/special judge (REXX, iLLYHiGHROLLER, R3CON, Mach1bud, Amy Vinewood, ARTHUR.) and to our GFX artist, Rejeckted, as well as the GTAForums staff both for helping us and letting us do this. Special thanks to R3CON for handling all the voting/graphs aspects of this competition. Quick thanks to any News magazine that gave us a shoutout.

Speaking of sweaty but firm our biggest thanks goes to all the contestants and supporters who've made this both possible and enjoyable by showing us their man.

Q2Gihln.png

This final round has no criteria to fill as there are no judges to please. The upside is that contestants are left to do as they please: rest easy and fall back on their Round 1 and Round 2 entries as support or make a final push with a Round 3 entry? The downside is that the final say comes from the public as this round will be a public poll only. Hard campaigning may aid you. False promises of old man nudes from last year is a known tactic.

Those that do want to take new pictures the limit is 10 pictures. Contestants may post fewer than 10 pictures as this is not mandatory.

Voters: We recommend every voter to check below at the entries. Making an informed decision is vital to crown the rightful Mister Los Santos 2017. We sincerely hope that members will take the time to inspect each man inside-out rather than pick the name they recognize. This is not a popularity contest, unless, you know, that dude is super hot or something.

O4onioh.png

You'll find the top 8 finalists below which includes information such as the character name, the member who's presenting them, both Round 1 and Round 2 entries and finishing it off with a picture. If any of the contestants below wish to swap out their picture for one of their choice please let us know! A Round 3 entry can be added if a contestant adds an entry this round.

Steve Molloy - Presented by Big Molio
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

DituZbO.jpg

Jason Kick - Presented by EVOLUT7ON
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

BXQ1XTK.jpg

Mark Crowne - Presented by IceDree
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

CqdznFl.png

Lucas Lopez - Presented by LL Cool L
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry

aJNbPe6.jpg

Matthew Flynn - Presented by Matrelith
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

5SKxN8x.png

Miro A. White - Presented by MiroAWhite
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

Mvppskz.png

Sanches Net - Presented by Sanches
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

4Wu2eEx.jpg

Thomas Whitehall - Presented by Testarossa
Round 1 Entry
Round 2 Entry
Round 3 Entry (Optional)

GHT3Ujg.jpg

rxvn5WA.png

The holidays may be over but the time of giving is not! Open your back door and let Santa in.

Support Mister Los Santos 2017 by sporting various signatures in the spoiler tag below!

Spoiler
  • EVOLUT7ON, RedDagger, AlienTwo and 11 others like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by IceDree, 2 weeks ago.

Woo! I made it to the final round!

giphy.gif

Congrats to everyone who made it! and for those who didn't make it: You were a tough competition, you should be proud of yourselves... Cheers 🥂

Spoiler
  • Happy Hunter likes this

Mr. Los Santos
  • Mr. Los Santos

Making Men Hot Again

• Members
  • United-Nations
  • Best Event 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mr. Los Santos, 2 weeks ago.

@Ice: No, it's not a problem at all. Despite being an unobtainable/non-repeatable glitch (as far as you can tell) it's a haircut color...I wouldn't worry about it. Our resident glitch expert, REXX, could weight in his opinion on this. REXX, if you're reading, drop in!

Reminder that we can change any of the finalists picture for a previous picture from past rounds or a new picture.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by IceDree, 2 weeks ago.

@Ice: No, it's not a problem at all. Despite being an unobtainable/non-repeatable glitch (as far as you can tell) it's a haircut color...I wouldn't worry about it. Our resident glitch expert, REXX, could weight in his opinion on this. REXX, if you're reading, drop in!

Reminder that we can change any of the finalists picture for a previous picture from past rounds or a new picture.

Phew, I was worried for a minute.

I think I should rephrase that, It's not glitched as in it requires jumping through hoops to get it. It's more like Broken & haven't been fixed yet.

We can do hair highlights for almost all haircuts ... Until Gunrunning came along & broke 2 haircuts. And now we can't apply highlights to them ... That haircut is one of them :(

Also, how many photos can we do for the final round? Asking for a friend so he doesn't go overboard lol :O

EDIT: I don't why I said glitched instead of broke.... Please pardon my brain fart.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by REXX, 2 weeks ago.

Regarding the hair highlights, I don't think it would be an issue. There was an glitch post-Smugglers Run that I found by mistake which allowed you to vaguely merge tints of one character on another (with a lot of disconnecting I may add) and wot not. It was potluck, sh*t or bust and I got it to work an amazing 2 times out of 15 attempts :lol: I never mentioned it anywhere how to do it but it seems it doesn't work anymore anyway.

So yeah, your hairstyle shouldn't be a problem :)
  • livejoker likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoiler

That's an odd glitch to stumble into .... I'm afraid to even ask about what where you doing lol

pen-pineapple-apple-pen.png?w=1500
Alexa-Pineapple-Rexx-Alexa?

Thanks!
  • REXX likes this

TheSadisticOwl
  • TheSadisticOwl

Chromakey dreamcoat.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Congratulations to the finalists! This event was indeed a very fun ride (no malicious thoughts please) for myself. Even though I didn't make it to the final round, being part of this was an honor!

• livejoker, R3CON and Happy Hunter like this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago

Spoiler

That's an odd glitch to stumble into .... I'm afraid to even ask about what where you doing lol

-pleasurable image-
Alexa-Pineapple-Rexx-Alexa?

Thanks!

I actually switched characters while getting a hairstyle, but lost Internet connection due to a storm. Logged in the next day to find Alexa with her usual red hair with black highlights from Rexx :lol:

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I actually switched characters while getting a hairstyle, but lost Internet connection due to a storm. Logged in the next day to find Alexa with her usual red hair with black highlights from Rexx :lol:

That actually makes sense. :lol:
  • REXX likes this

Killer Whale
  • Killer Whale

I used to have a negative article as my name.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 2 weeks ago

Congrats to everyone who got to the third round. Even if I hadn't moved to it, I'm glad to have participated along many good contestants.
  • livejoker likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's actually really suprising to see myself in 3rd round. I'd like to thank staff for making this contest, judges for judging, participants for making this more interesting and people who voted for me in previous poll!

Uhhh now i wanna ask something regarding that thumbnail picture. I'd like to change it, but got a question. Can i atleast photoshop eye direction?

• livejoker likes this

adrilp
  • adrilp

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by adrilp, 2 weeks ago.

Congratulations to everyone who made it into the final round. It was a good one with a lot of fine people to participate with, even if i didnt made it (last of the second round but hey, stay positive, i was the first starting form the end!!), i had fun taking the pictures and watching other participants.
So yea, congrats to all the participants and hope to see you all in the future, also good luck with the last round and a big thank you to the staff and judges for making this, it sure was a good one :)
  • livejoker and Sanches like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ayy, second place. Thank you everyone who voted for me. Also congratulations to everyone who made it to the third round. 

I'll be sure to add some new snaps the coming days to spice things up in this round.

By the way I sent a PM to the official Mr. Los Santos account to swap my picture. 

• livejoker likes this

Mr. Los Santos
  • Mr. Los Santos

Making Men Hot Again

• Members
  • United-Nations
  • Best Event 2017

Posted A week ago

@Sanches: Photoshopping the character itself is NOT allowed so I fear you'll have to be cross-eyed if that's the case. :p

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted A week ago

Who ya callin a cross eyed?

GZtbRkf.jpg

• livejoker likes this

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Scenic Snap

Posted A week ago

Are you fukin serious!  lol  How I go from top 3 in the 1st round to not even top 10 in the 2nd? What kinda sense that make?  Same judges right?  If so how ya'll gonna flip on me like that? lol 

and the forum poll had waaay too much weight on the average.  Im basically out because of the lack of "forum popularity" smh  This isn't about characters with good stories and pics.  Its just judges and forumers supporting their friends.  :/

• livejoker likes this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by R3CON, A week ago.

Are you fukin serious!  lol  How I go from top 3 in the 1st round to not even top 10 in the 2nd? What kinda sense that make?  Same judges right?  If so how ya'll gonna flip on me like that? lol 

and the forum poll had waaay too much weight on the average.  Im basically out because of the lack of "forum popularity" smh  This isn't about characters with good stories and pics.  Its just judges and forumers supporting their friends.   :/

First off, there's no collusion or smoking gun here of favoritism or anything like that. If that was such a concern, why wasn't it voiced when the judges were first announced during the suggestion thread? Or the beginning of the first round, duration of the first round, end of the first round, launch of the second round, duration of that round and the three-four weeks between then and now? Where was this energy at any point during the past two months including the point where you ended up in the Top 3? This concern seems highly convenient and ill-timed. Would you have even brought this up if you made the top 8?

Secondly, this is a photo/backstory competition of video-game characters on a webforum. No one can take any of this fictional shine to the bank, post it on their real life Facebook account to farm likes or put it on their LinkedIn as a life achievement. So the idea of people doing all of this just for forum popularity, making wacky judgment calls just for the sake of likes and inconsequential praise is hollow to begin with. This is just meant to be fun and light and a good way to share content. It's not meant to be malicious or confrontational or some GTA version of Mean Girls. I'm not sure why you're taking this so personally. 

How I go from top 3 in the 1st round to not even top 10 in the 2nd?

The second round is not the same as the first round. Otherwise we would have skipped from the first round to now. The second round had different criteria than the first round. Including the usage of three different categories with multiple themes the contestant themselves could choose from. Only two pics were necessary per category and the criteria for the creative wing of judgment was different since any bios or backstories were no longer necessary. The parameters of the competition changed and thus the judgments from one round to the next changed too. 

What kinda sense that make?

These differences were spelled out in the original post of the second round and mirror the exact same developments from the first Mr. Los Santos last year. There was a time to address any concerns or questions about how much sense these changes made and I'm not sure why waiting til now to voice them seems logical. 

Same judges right?  If so how ya'll gonna flip on me like that? lol

No one, "flipped on" you personally as if there's some clandestine agenda to secretly sabotage you in a grand conspiracy. There was not just one or two judges, but five. Five people from completely different backgrounds, with different perspectives who didn't form some type of secret club just to come up with the scores.   That's not how any of this works. 

We evaluated everyone equally. There were many people who saw their results from the first round and used that as motivation to take things up a notch in the second round. There were others who didn't submit entries or didn't have the time to put in as much effort as they desired. The story was different for everyone on an individual level. Therefore, the shifting scores was a reflection of the individual contestant's work in that specific round based on their specific entry. The first round's results and judgments did not carry over to the second round in the interest of fairness.

In my personal opinion, I think you had very high quality entries in both rounds and an excellent portrayal of character and picture skills. I wouldn't take the results above as a personal slight or anything that detracts from your merits. 

and the forum poll had waaay too much weight on the average.  Im basically out because of the lack of "forum popularity" smh

The forum poll had the same exact weight as the cumulative of all five judges. One couldn't progress just because five people said they should, they needed the backing of the GTAForums community at large. By the same token, a contestant could not progress just off of mass votes - "forum popularity" alone. There needed to be a mix of both and the sword cuts both ways. No one was immune to the benefit or negative of the judges scores and popular vote totals. While individuals had different results, everyone felt the impact all the same.

Going as far back as the the launch of round 1, the two weeks for the suggestion thread, and the multiple discussions over the course of the three rounds in the original Mr Los Santos in 2016, it was decided that an equal mix of popular votes and judge scores would be the most fair way for a contestant to proceed. We followed that model and have been as transparent as possible to rule out any form of bias or miscalculations. The results above are fully detailed and the numbers/text is plainly visible for all to see how we reached these conclusions.

It pains me to have to write this message, but I sincerely hope you understand there's no smoke here. 

• livejoker, LL Cool L, Audi and 5 others like this

livejoker
  • livejoker

a sense of pride and accomplishment

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by livejoker, A week ago.

^
giphy.gif

Hey Bumpy, I totally understand your concerns - trust me that I too would be questioning the authority and legitimacy of this contest if I were to go from top to bottom in terms of score. As R3CON mentioned Round 2 was different from Round 1. Whereas Round 1 had pictures for Appearance and biography or video for Creativity it also had the distinction of being judged by a panel of selected members. Having low attendance this year meant that everyone except one member made it to Round 2. Call it a freebie for those going through and a bad number draw for the one who didn't. You've most likely ranked high due to your character's uniqueness and his amazing story - one I've very much enjoyed, honestly. Your hard work really showed off. Round 2, though, was focused solely on a character's ability to pull off various outfits. Members were tasked with creating 3 outfits to which you've made more than 3. If I had to pinpoint a reason for your lower score it could probably be attributed to that. I've included the snaps below to refresh your memory (as well as the wording from Round 2 about the outfits).

The whole team has put their blood, sweat and tears into their keyboards to make this happen and to dismiss their work so quickly and easily does get to me. I think it's worth noting that you were one to voice concern last year on the forum not getting "their say" by Mister LS avoiding a Suggestion Thread for the judge picking. This year we've done what your concerns were about and now your concern is about the value of what the forum has in their votes. Here's a reminder that this final round is public poll only which will appear after the deadline. To avoid the whole "popularity contest" would be to put in place constraints that would ruin the ideology of this being a forum game by barring the public from having their say. It's something we cannot control and that's something everyone has to accept when they enter.

For the sake of argument, though, I'll temporary agree that there is a popularity contest (in reality I don't believe there is - to some extend which I'll expand on in a second). So yeah, let's say there's people voting for their friends: does that mean their character aren't worth being in the finals? Are judges the only thing between a "legit" winner and a popular member? The thing with Mister LS is that everyone who ever took part in it, apart from the joke characters from last year (a helicopter and a cone comes to mind) the rest worked hard on their entry. Every entry was done well and those who typically move on can be popular, yes, but in part due to their character. Evo and LL Cool L dominated the polls of Round 2 and they've got iconic characters. Popularity? Yes. For the right reasons, though.

I sincerely hope that you've enjoyed your time and that you keep supporting those in the race as playing for a forum medal or an imaginary status isn't what should fuel you. It should be to pick a charity to which we donate to at the end or to simply entertain the public. Thank you for your hard work, Bumpy.

Spoiler

• LL Cool L, Audi, Khaisz and 4 others like this

Khaisz
  • Khaisz

Flight of Valkyria (°¬°)7

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago

ohey, I didn't end up dead last, I guess that is thanks to that 1 judge who gave me 15 points in round 1.

BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Scenic Snap

Posted A week ago Edited by BumpyJohnson, A week ago.

First off, there's no collusion or smoking gun here of favoritism or anything like that. If that was such a concern, why wasn't it voiced when the judges were first announced during the suggestion thread? Or the beginning of the first round, duration of the first round, end of the first round, launch of the second round, duration of that round and the three-four weeks between then and now? Where was this energy at any point during the past two months including the point where you ended up in the Top 3? This concern seems highly convenient and ill-timed. Would you have even brought this up if you made the top 8?

Secondly, this is a photo/backstory competition of video-game characters on a webforum. No one can take any of this fictional shine to the bank, post it on their real life Facebook account to farm likes or put it on their LinkedIn as a life achievement. So the idea of people doing all of this just for forum popularity, making wacky judgment calls just for the sake of likes and inconsequential praise is hollow to begin with. This is just meant to be fun and light and a good way to share content. It's not meant to be malicious or confrontational or some GTA version of Mean Girls. I'm not sure why you're taking this so personally.

1st,  not sure why ppl keep running to "why didnt you address your concerns before the contest" when every time someone does you guys tell them they are jumping the gun and assuming.  Then when we wait until the flaw that was brought up shows you say we shouldve spoke up before. smh  As for "where was my energy" in the 1st round?  The poll had no effect on the 1st round and I had no idea the judges would like my pics the 1st round and think less of my work the next.   

Also,  if I placed 8th no I wouldnt complain.  Why?  Whatever flaw I had a concern with didnt hurt me. I still wouldve thought funny about the poll and how the judges liked my pics 1st round but not as much 2nd round when 2nd round picks were better.

I know what this is about.  Im not taking this personal.  Just dont like losing to unfairness.

These differences were spelled out in the original post of the second round and mirror the exact same developments from the first Mr. Los Santos last year. There was a time to address any concerns or questions about how much sense these changes made and I'm not sure why waiting til now to voice them seems logical.

As I said above,  when ppl address concerns before the contest they are always hushed and deemed jumping the gun and nothing gets changed and Im not "questioning" if the changes are fair.  Im "calling out" how they ARE unfair.  Cant say they are until they actually show they are right?

The forum poll had the same exact weight as the cumulative of all five judges. One couldn't progress just because five people said they should, they needed the backing of the GTAForums community at large. By the same token, a contestant could not progress just off of mass votes - "forum popularity" alone. There needed to be a mix of both and the sword cuts both ways. No one was immune to the benefit or negative of the judges scores and popular vote totals. While individuals had different results, everyone felt the impact all the same.

1st of all including a poll was a bad idea anyway considerign how bias it will be but you did so now the problem is the forum poll has too much weight.  Not sure how you guys cant see this.  The poll shouldve been a 6th judge at best not half the overall score especially when again you know it will be extremely bias.  Thats the whole point of having judges so there is no bias yet you still allow bias to play a role in the outcome and act like it was fair.

You say nobody is immune to the benefits of a popular vote.  False.  If I dont have friends here then I dont benefit from the poll while others who have friends here do thus making me immune to the benefits of the poll.

Round 2, though, was focused solely on a character's ability to pull off various outfits. Members were tasked with creating 3 outfits to which you've made more than 3. If I had to pinpoint a reason for your lower score it could probably be attributed to that.

Im not buying this.  Either my work is deserving enough for the next round or not.  If you guys used the number of outfits to keep me out thats hatin and supports my belief but its all good.

Evo and LL Cool L dominated the polls of Round 2 and they've got iconic characters. Popularity? Yes. For the right reasons, though.

Evo is good but you cant tell me a broke gangbanger is more fitting to be Mr Los Santos than what I presented with my guy.  (no offense LL :p )

Anyway,  good luck to the contestants with the least forum popularity.  No way you winning without it.  

• livejoker likes this

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

Family Redefined

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted A week ago

but you cant tell me a broke gangbanger is more fitting to be Mr Los Santos than what I presented with my guy. 

Why the f*ck not?

• livejoker, LL Cool L and R3CON like this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

1st,  not sure why ppl keep running to "why didnt you address your concerns before the contest" when every time someone does you guys tell them they are jumping the gun and assuming.  Then when we wait until the flaw that was brought up shows you say we shouldve spoke up before. smh

This is an assumption in and of itself. This is a public thread, a pinned topic at that. If there was any attempt to intimidate folks from speaking up or silence their concerns it would've been in the full view of everyone. It would've caused an issue or stopped people from participating. At the very least, there would've been several people voicing how much of a barrier this is. Or speaking out about the concerns they feel were brushed aside. 

The Mister LS 2017 Suggestion Thread debuted on October 21st, 2017 and ran until November 8th, 2017, three days after the first round started. That's two & a half weeks or 18 days. During which any and all concerns and judgement were welcomed. It's the literal purpose of a suggestion thread: to hash out the good, the bad and the ugly. In that 18-day period the thread generated 4,857 views and 150 replies. Several people voiced their concerns and suggestions, including those who had problems with the original Mister Los Santos from 2016. 

Your concerns speaking to the contrary, now, at the start of the final round of the contest with two full, un-controversial rounds in the rearview mirror, is more of an imagined hypothetical than an actual reality of what went down. 

As for "where was my energy" in the 1st round?  The poll had no effect on the 1st round and I had no idea the judges would like my pics the 1st round and think less of my work the next.

The poll itself may not have had any affect on the 1st round, but any concerns about the judges, the structure of the first round, the fairness of the contest, how its organized, etc. would've been equally important when the first round started on November 5th, 2017 as they are now, two months later.

The poll didn't have an impact on the first round...and subsequently there were people who didn't place as high as they would have if there was a public poll. As the results of the public poll in the second round show, the views of the five judges and the views of the 78 members who voted did not align nor will they align in future contests. For those contestants who were more favored by the general public than the judges, they did not fare so well in the first round. Theoretically this could have also raised concerns about the structure of the first round, how it's organized and more. But you didn't find any issue with that at the time and coincidentally you just so happened to end up in the Top 3 at the time. Why are concerns about the contest only worth speaking out against when they don't go your way?

You shouldn't take it so personally to make the comment that the judges "would like your pics the first round and think less of your work" in the second. 
As stated above, the criteria for the second round and the first round was different. Not just in the sense of adding a poll with equal weight as the judges, but the actual criteria used by the judges to form opinions were different too. There were no bios or videos to take into account, there was the usage of user-selected themes in three different categories and a defined amount of pics (2) the judges formed opinions from. The criteria itself had changed and thus the judgments changed too.

The other key thing to realize is that this wasn't just a competition of BumpyJohnson and the irrelevant group of other people competing against him. There were 20 and then 16 equally qualified individuals alongsde you who all had their own stories, their own pictures skills, their own personalities and interests. Each individual had their own artistic value they brought to the competition. This contest is bigger than any one person and it's a serious disservice to your fellow contestants by viewing changes in the leaderboard as simply thinking less of you personally. 

Also,  if I placed 8th no I wouldnt complain.  Why?  Whatever flaw I had a concern with didnt hurt me.

Do you not see the problem with this?
Here you are making an existential crisis about the fairness and legitimacy of the contest as a whole, including the merit of the judges and the value of the popular vote, not to mention the artistic prowess of the contestants in relation to you, but all of that was totally irrelevant and inconsequential. Simply because "whatever flaw (you) had a concern with didn't hurt" you at the time. 

Yeah that's certainly fair and balanced.  

I still wouldve thought funny about the poll and how the judges liked my pics 1st round but not as much 2nd round when 2nd round picks were better. 

Honestly, if you "thought funny about the poll and how the judges liked (your) pics 1st round" you should've voiced this at the start of the second round on November 14th, 2017. I don't say this as a means to stifle the concern or delegitimize it or shut you up or anything like that. But there was an opportunity to address this in real time and you deliberately chose not to say anything. As you can see from these mountains of text, we're fully willing to discuss this with you and everyone who reads this.

Yes it is completely 100% correct there was no way to see how the judges would've liked your second round pics, which you personally view as better, until the end. And the reason for that is because there were 16 other contestants who also contributed new photos, many of whom also believed their efforts were better than the previous round. In addition, the criteria was different too as belabored above. The only way judgements would've carried over unchanged and unaffected from the 1st round to now would've been to skip the second round entirely. I'm not sure why it was expected that nothing would change given the presence of other competitors and the changes from one round to the next. 

I know what this is about.  Im not taking this personal.  Just dont like losing to unfairness.

What exactly is this unfairness you speak of? The rules were clearly laid out and explained before, during and after, the calculations made to get the results are visible and explained. We have been as transparent as possible here. That's why I even bring this up in the first place. Our hand is laid bare so if there's any concerns of wrong doing or other malfeasance it can be appropriately addressed and discussed in the present and from the start of things. There's been a serious and repeated attempt to remove any confusion, unknowns or unforeseen issues from popping up. What specifically happened that was unfair to you or any other contestant?

1st of all including a poll was a bad idea anyway considerign how bias it will be but you did so

Bad idea anyway...
Anyway as in, "to begin with", or "from the start"
Do you see why I say you should have voiced these concerns...from the start...if you did not want this to happen?

The poll was added in the second round for the 2017 contest, just like it was added in the second round of the 2016 contest. There was no massive change from then to now or some random, unforeseen addition no one saw coming. This concern was addressed during the second and third round of the 2016 contest and could have been addressed during the launch of the suggestion thread for the 2017 contest. If you thought a poll would be biased "anyway" you could have said something on November 14th, when the second round for the 2017 contest started. You had a chance to make a difference, chose not to and here we are rehashing what could've been. Closed mouths don't get fed. 

This wouldn't all fit in one post so I made two.

• livejoker, LL Cool L, Audi and 2 others like this

R3CON
  • R3CON

Cesar Vialpando

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States
  • Best Event 2017

the problem is the forum poll has too much weight.  Not sure how you guys cant see this.  The poll shouldve been a 6th judge at best not half the overall score especially when again you know it will be extremely bias.  Thats the whole point of having judges so there is no bias yet you still allow bias to play a role in the outcome and act like it was fair.

If there was no poll the next concern, by someone (not you), would've been who do the judges think they are? Where do they get off rating this person that score and another person a different score? What gives them the right or the authority to be the be all end all final say for such a massive, public contest? As stated above, the poll was a key feature in the last contest to avoid this very concern. The poll sought to avoid the perceived bias and specific perspectives of the judges and let the contest be decided along a more democratic means. Bias might be hard to stop when there's only a handful of people on the lever, but it's much more manageable and easier to diminish when there's dozens and dozens of people (in this case 78) who could put their say on the matter. This is also why the judges were announced to the public well in advance and discussed so people could have folks they trusted in these roles. 

The poll was given equal weight so the judges and the contestants would not have any more say than one another. A contestant needed to be universally favored across various different people and perspectives in order to progress. I fully understand that this method isn't perfect and there are potential alternatives, but it seemed like the most acceptable and fair structures to utilize as one could expect or propose. We all are very open and willing to discuss this further and alternatives to this. 

You say nobody is immune to the benefits of a popular vote.  False.

This is what I said:
"One couldn't progress just because five people said they should, they needed the backing of the GTAForums community at large. By the same token, a contestant could not progress just off of mass votes - "forum popularity" alone. There needed to be a mix of both and the sword cuts both ways. No one was immune to the benefit or negative of the judges scores and popular vote totals. While individuals had different results, everyone felt the impact all the same."

What's false about that?

If I dont have friends here then I dont benefit from the poll while others who have friends here do thus making me immune to the benefits of the poll.

But you do benefit from the views of the judges. Many of your fellow contestants were negatively affected by the scores from the judges and were benefited by the poll. Where's your concern for them? Someone may benefit in one area and take a hit in another. Yes there are those who had more public support than others, but many of these people often had lower scores from the judges too. That's what makes this contest anyone's game and equitable no matter how you slice it. No one was immune from either end of the sword. 

The graph below was meant to be shared above in full, but instead only the interactive version was linked. Here's the full image that better showcases this discrepancy. 

rFAZPAZ.png

Im not buying this.  Either my work is deserving enough for the next round or not.  If you guys used the number of outfits to keep me out thats hatin and supports my belief but its all good.

The number of outfits used as a point of reference for the judges was laid out for everyone to see in the original post of the second round. This was clearly and purposely made known to both the contestants and the public so any subsequent judgments would not be a surprise and contestants could adjust accordingly.

That having been said. This was not a negative deciding factor in my judgment of you and I'm sure the same can be said for the any of the other judges. There's multiple factors at play here. I don't actually know what the mental decision process was for the other judges and neither does LiveJoker as the host. So please understand that as well. He simply offered a glimpse of what "could possibly" have been a factor. As stated earlier, we're five different people with five different backgrounds and experiences and thus five different perspectives and judgment calls. We didn't discuss our personal criteria before or after, nor do we know what works for one another. The idea was to be as independent and impartial as possible. Please don't read more into the results than what there is. 

Evo is good but you cant tell me a broke gangbanger is more fitting to be Mr Los Santos than what I presented with my guy.  (no offense LL :p )

This is beyond petty and an unnecessary slight against another contestant. With a cocaine sweatshop of half-naked women and an office full of drug-money & other illegal contraband strewn all over the place I'm not sure what moral high-ground you seek to appeal to (no offense). Just because a contestant has a background or persona that may be off the beaten path doesn't mean they don't deserve our full respect and fair judgments. 

Anyway,  good luck to the contestants with the least forum popularity.  No way you winning without it.

This is a valid point of contention and I'd like the forum at large, not just you, but everyone reading this and the participants to offer suggestions of how to best balance judges and the popular vote and how we should structure these contests in the future.

• livejoker, LL Cool L and Audi like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted A week ago Edited by Sanches, A week ago.

As the discussion is passing by, im just randomly gonna drop a screenshot of a poll when end of the round 2 was announced for a first time.

4Q6heCU.png

Now i can finally delete it from my desktop.

• livejoker likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Quick reminder that Round 3 has optional entry so you guys should get some new pics going or campaign your last two rounds hard. :)

• LL Cool L, R3CON, Amy Vinewood and 1 other like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017

Posted A week ago

Quick reminder that Round 3 has optional entry so you guys should get some new pics going or campaign your last two rounds hard. :)

So basically free thematics, right? Just to post some more character's photos?

If soooo.....

UjXeqGm.jpg

• livejoker likes this

livejoker
  • livejoker

• Members
  • None
  • Best Event 2017
    Funniest GTA Member 2017
    Funniest Member 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016

Posted A week ago

Hey, no porn allowed in this round!

If I had a golden buzzer to send you to Vegas I'd use it right now.

• Sanches likes this

REXX
  • REXX

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

Free Alexa nudes for podium finish! :lol:

Nah, I'm joking!

Spoiler

Anyway, silly stuff aside. I look forward to seeing your final submissions! Good luck to everyone! :D
  • livejoker, R3CON, Amy Vinewood and 1 other like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted A week ago

What's the maximum amount of photo we can submit in this round? Asking for a friend ;)

Free Alexa nudes for podium finish! :lol:

Nah, I'm joking!

Spoiler

:lol:
  • livejoker likes this

Mr. Los Santos
  • Mr. Los Santos

Making Men Hot Again

• Members
  • United-Nations
  • Best Event 2017

Posted A week ago

@IceDree: Great question! We'll add it to the first post - a limit of 10 pictures should be enough. Contestants can post up to 10 or fewer so no sweat if you can't fill the spots up. Again, these are not mandatory but given the chance to show off more of your character is always good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users