Photo

RDR 1 references to 2 and V

11 replies to this topic
ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ivarblaauw, 2 weeks ago.

Dear forum members, I was recently playing Red Dead Redemption and visiting the saloon in Blackwater. 
Here I saw some paintings which at first didn't really bother me, until I saw the one below:
s7Rqkcs.jpg

​This is the Lighthouse from GTA V! Now this isn't the only painting in the saloon, so I started looking at the others. Below are the pictures and what I think they resemble. These might have been the first looks at Red Dead Redemption 2, and we didn't even know it!

n2GHjeh.jpg
​either fort Zancudo from V, or the Scarlett meadows/Heartlands from Red Dead Redemption 2.

Qpk0mLa.jpg
​The lake of Owenjta dam (as seen on the leaked map) OR the lake in the tall trees. Either one of these. 

CZsi3LN.jpg
​This is definitely a new one. Not in Red dead Redemption OR GTA V. However, look at the leaked map: North in the Grizzlies near Rim, we see a lake surrounded by high mountains. Just as this pic shows...

​What is your take on this? Let me know!

• BurnettVice and VolumeRX like this

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

It isn't the lighthouse from GTA V:

lighthouse.jpg

• GTAFanClub likes this

Heidi McCourt
  • Heidi McCourt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

lighthouse.jpg

nah, if you look closely on the picture the lighthouse doesn't have white and red pattern.

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

lighthouse.jpg

nah, if you look closely on the picture the lighthouse doesn't have white and red pattern.

That's exactly what i wanted to say with my picture. In MY picture you see the lighthouse from GTA V. The lighthouse on the painting in RDR 1 is shorter and doesn't have the red pattern.

Long story short: The lighthouse in the painting is NOT the lighthouse from GTA V. If you read correctly, i said "It ISN'T the lighthouse from GTA V".

• Heidi McCourt likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Portugal
  • Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 2 weeks ago.

GTA V was not in development when RDR1 was in development between 2005 and 2009/10. There is no way they could've done references to any of these games in RDR1.
  • Kajjy likes this

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 2 weeks ago

lighthouse.jpg

That's exactly what i wanted to say with my picture. In MY picture you see the lighthouse from GTA V. The lighthouse on the painting in RDR 1 is shorter and doesn't have the red pattern.

Long story short: The lighthouse in the painting is NOT the lighthouse from GTA V. If you read correctly, i said "It ISN'T the lighthouse from GTA V".

Fair enough. I rest my case :)

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Interesting theory but rdr released may 2010. Gtav entered full production later the next year. And there sure as hell ain't no concept paintings for rdr2 in a 2010 game. But the supposed gtav concepts could be real honestly. Concept paintings are usually the first process in game development.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Portugal
  • Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not when you consider those paintings could've been done earlier in RDR1's development, like 2007 or 2008. RDR1 had a tech demo as far back as E3 2005.

Dee.
  • Dee.

Happy Holidays!

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Not when you consider those paintings could've been done earlier in RDR1's development, like 2007 or 2008. RDR1 had a tech demo as far back as E3 2005.

Yeah thats a probability. Can go both ways honestly

Drunkard

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by 1898, 2 weeks ago.

As for the other paintings, check out Albert Bierstadt. That's who they're referencing.  

https://www.google.c...iw=1530&bih=756

Heidi McCourt
  • Heidi McCourt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

lighthouse.jpg

I know I only quoted you to take the picture lol.

• tsycho likes this

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

lighthouse.jpg

I know I only quoted you to take the picture lol.

Then I misunderstood you, sorry :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users