Why are intro's still a thing?

18 replies to this topic
Xadie
  • Xadie

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Dunno about you all but, whenever I can skip or fast forward an intro to movies, tv shows and youtube channels I do it. I wish they would display the title and get on with it, save credits for end of whatever you're watching.

Only intro's I enjoy are the ones that don't interrupt the viewing to display opening credits.

My two cents, your thoughts? Am I wrong?
  • Voodoo, JON22 and Jamesvow like this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2017
    Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

Long Youtube intros are the worst. I skip them every time.

• ten-a-penny likes this

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Street Cat

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 2 weeks ago

Mee too

They are there so that it will be Added to "views" the more views the more cash....

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm OK with some intros, in case of YouTube videos, around 5 seconds is perfect, over that is sort of a 'gray zone' where I enjoy some but absolutelly hate others. Anything over 10 seconds is way too much.

As for TV shows, some intros are way better than others. Rick and Morty's intro is really amazing, full of short scenes that may or may not appear on episodes, Easter Eggs, it changes from season to season... But take for example the intro for The Simpsons: It's way too long (over a minute), and with few exceptions, it didn't change a bit between episodes since Season 20 (It's now on Season 29).

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Administrator
  • Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2017
    Most Corrupt Staff 2016
    Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted 2 weeks ago

Seems like current movie intros are an indication of the limited attention span of today's audiences. Most have been eliminated completely. So much so that when I watch something that was released in the 70s or earlier, it seems insane how long the intro credits are.

• Star-Lord likes this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't get why do youtube videos need intros.I guess youtubers are trying to look more professional and make their videos look more like episodes of TV shows,but it gets annoying watching a few videos in a row by some youtuber and seeing the same intro multiple times (especially if the videos are short,so I'm seeing the intro every few minutes).Usually when there's an intro over 5 seconds long,I just skip it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 2 weeks ago

Credits. Theyre credits usually for making you see at least some of the people who made the product you are watching. You sure as hell arent watching the end credits, right?
  • Arrow likes this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 2 weeks ago

Fillers to make a video longer to get that add.

anubis.
  • anubis.

nihil timendum est

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

You know what I can't absolutely f*cking stand? The trend on YouTube for people to make their channels increasingly like TV channels and their videos like TV segments.

I'm talking about the watchmojo format. It's spreading like wildfire.

YouTube was made for f*cking no bs videos. I don't want to see some stupid bitch narrating over pictures and screenshots of news articles about the subject I came to the video for, which I was deceived into watching by some clickbait title.

It's like these idiots go 'DUH YOUTOOB CALL PAGE CHANNEL, SO LIKE TV CHANNEL DURRR'.

• Voodoo and Star-Lord like this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

Long Youtube intros are the worst. I skip them every time.

Specly' the ones where they drone on and on about how awesome their channel is and then you get a minute or more of this

you don't have too but if you'd like this video you'll love our other videos and it'd be great if you liked and subscribed to our channel as we upload a 1,000,000,000 videos a week and you surely don't want to miss out.

TheRichest is a big abuser of that

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

A legjobb búbánykubbura

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 2 weeks ago

GradeAUnderA has one of the best intros, unlike those sh!tty-a55 trap and/or dubstep with tilting and jumping words

Wulf Raycevick
  • Wulf Raycevick

Two Steps From Hell

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 2 weeks ago

I love Netflix for this. They are beautiful people

• Star-Lord likes this

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 2 weeks ago

Because they're dope.

• Star-Lord and The Odyssey like this

SHIFAAH9
  • SHIFAAH9

Street Cat

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hmm...  Guy's (n' Girl's)

What about intros in video song's at Youtube...

Like do they need intros for just credits or Not or be like the people from "The Richest" a youtube community... 

JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Can't beat BBC news intro. Only thing that's worth my tv *license/licence fee.

*who cares which one I use?

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted A week ago Edited by Pedinhuh, A week ago.

Anything over 10 seconds gets an instant dislike from me, though if it isn't something generic I can appreciate the effort and not dislike the video, Vucko100 intros to his GTA videos, which goes well with them.

But those generic intros where it only displays the name of the channel with some obnoxious dubstep playing? Instant dislike.

Your face on the intro? Instant dislike.

You SCREAM or YELL right when the video start? Instant dislike.

Clickbait? Instant dislike.

GrudgefromSanAndreas
  • GrudgefromSanAndreas

A legjobb búbánykubbura

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago Edited by GrudgefromSanAndreas, A week ago.

TBH i can watch Dashie's channels despite yelling/screaming in intro or within video, he makes awesome videos anyway.

But i don't like many trap intros and i wouldn't even like post-2009 techno intros (ofc dubstep neither)

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

The better question would be, is why you think a plural of a word needs an apostrophe.

That being said, intros are really f*cking annoying. I agree with you on that one. I wish people and movie companies would just stop using them.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Lucius M. Galloway, A week ago.

99% of anyone who has an intro is a Canceross, Mr. Lipgloss FML, or GaZe fan. Recently watched some idiot's video on AC Origins and it was the annoying 3D lettering, blasting intolerable trash music for 8 seconds straight. I guess they need it to compensate for how truly boring their channel really is, because of lack of information, following, or trend. Haven't seen anyone original lately, then again, I don't watch other people play games.

Would be better if it was a very short intro. I always liked the old early 2000 EA short, "EA Sports, it's in the game." A parody of that is very tolerable, I'd actually like they a lot. But all of that annoying music and 3D spinning tourettes sh*t has got to go

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users