4,008 replies to this topic
Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was just thinking instead of building a whole new rig right now I'll just upgrade my graphics card and my IHD but I have a question the current card in my desktop is...

Length: 5.7

Height: 4.376 inches

Width: Double Slot

Is Double Slot & Dual Slot the same thing?

If so the cards I am looking at are single fan with the following specs so will a card with these specs fit inside my desktop?

Height 4.38 in. (111.15 mm)
Length 6.80 in. (172.72 mm)
Width Dual Slot

I have a ROG Desktop and a lot of the parts aren't interchangeable just the HD and Graphics Card and the slot where the graphic card goes there is a metal bar that stops anything bigger like a two fanned card which I tried before but it didn't fit so I had to sell it on eBay for $100 less than what I pad for it

Double-slot

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was just thinking instead of building a whole new rig right now I'll just upgrade my graphics card and my IHD but I have a question the current card in my desktop is...

If so the cards I am looking at are single fan with the following specs so will a card with these specs fit inside my desktop?

Width Dual Slot

I have a ROG Desktop and a lot of the parts aren't interchangeable just the HD and Graphics Card and the slot where the graphic card goes there is a metal bar that stops anything bigger like a two fanned card which I tried before but it didn't fit so I had to sell it on eBay for $100 less than what I pad for it

Double-slot

Yes, they are the same thing. The new card would be 1" longer than the new one but unless you have the smallest case in history a 7" card shouldn't be a problem. Measure if you want to be sure.

There's more to upgrading a prebuilt than physical dimensions though. Depending on how old it is and what card you are planning on buying you also need to make sure the BIOS will support it and that your PSU won't collaps if the new card is more demanding than the old one.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Ai®aCob®a, 2 weeks ago.

Width Dual Slot

Double-slot

Yes, they are the same thing. The new card would be 1" longer than the new one but unless you have the smallest case in history a 7" card shouldn't be a problem. Measure if you want to be sure.

There's more to upgrading a prebuilt than physical dimensions though. Depending on how old it is and what card you are planning on buying you also need to make sure the BIOS will support it and that your PSU won't collaps if the new card is more demanding than the old one.

Built/Bought it in 2015, I know jacksh*t when it comes to building upgrading PC so I was going to have a friend who builds custom PC for a living do my build for me when he suggested that and he said he would make sure everything was kosher before upgrading it for me but wanted me to check the details for the card size and everything first.

Here's the specs if you want to see what i'm working with - https://techgage.com...ming-pc-review/

only difference mine is an i5 but everything else is the same

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Something weird is happening now whenever I press the CTRL+B/I key to change the font to bold/italics or just clicking on the box to do that I get a weird symbol/code â€‹ â€‹ â€‹ â€‹ and once that starts it then appears everytime I press ENTER.

Anybody know what this is? what's causing it and how to fix it?

I recently reinstalled windows without a factory reset on this laptop and then that started had never happened before and it's only happening on here not on any other sites

JlQvVZ.gif

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Andreaz1, 2 weeks ago.

Built/Bought it in 2015, I know jacksh*t when it comes to building upgrading PC so I was going to have a friend who builds custom PC for a living do my build for me when he suggested that and he said he would make sure everything was kosher before upgrading it for me but wanted me to check the details for the card size and everything first.

Here's the specs if you want to see what i'm working with - https://techgage.com...ming-pc-review/

only difference mine is an i5 but everything else is the same

You couldn't really have made it any more difficult for yourself. Not only is that one of, if not the, smallest prebuilts available with a very custom layout inside, it has a really strange power setup with two different PSUs. That said it should be possible as this guy apparently managed to cram a GTX 1070 in there but there are a ton of things you need to keep in mind.

1. Your 760 uses more power than the 750 in the video above so you might already have both powerbricks set up correctly. If not, you might have to switch the jumpers on your motherboard to enable separate power for the GPU. I've never seen this before so I don't know how it works. If the guy you know builds PCs for a living he should probably know this but show him the video above, from 3:50 especially.
2. Make sure the card you get uses a true dual slot cooler. A lot of cards today use "2.1 slots", i.e they are slightly bigger. There seems to be absolutely zero extra space in there so even a 2.1 slot card might not fit.
3. Cooling seems atrocious so I'd recommend a card with a blower style cooler to give heat the best possible chances of escaping.

A Founder's Edition card like the guy uses in the video is a good bet. They'll probably have the least amount of power connectors and they are also true dual slot cards with a blower style cooler.

Something weird is happening now whenever I press the CTRL+B/I key to change the font to bold/italics or just clicking on the box to do that I get a weird symbol/code â€‹ â€‹ â€‹ â€‹ and once that starts it then appears everytime I press ENTER.

Anybody know what this is? what's causing it and how to fix it?

I recently reinstalled windows without a factory reset on this laptop and then that started had never happened before and it's only happening on here not on any other sites

https://i.makeagif.c...2018/JlQvVZ.gif

Check the answers you got in the other thread, no one seems to know what causes it and there is no fix yet.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Same thing is happening to me for some odd reason.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 2 weeks ago

Same thing is happening to me for some odd reason.

Apparently it's common

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

My SSD has run out of space. Again. 

There is nothing installed on there, apart from RGSC and standard Windows applications that come installed with Windows 10.

Suggestions?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Ännu en dag, ännu ett slag, i betongens krävande skugga

• Sheriff
  • European-Union
  • Best Poster in Debates 2017
    Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted A week ago

My suggestion is the same as last time-consuming space doesn't magically disappear and therefore you've installed something.
  • Andreaz1 and HaRdSTyLe_83 like this

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, A week ago.

My SSD has run out of space. Again. 

There is nothing installed on there, apart from RGSC and standard Windows applications that come installed with Windows 10.

Suggestions?

RMA it, it's clearly broken /S

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted A week ago

It's all Windows stuff. There are some programs that aren't Windows related, but they are so small that deleting them wouldn't even make a dent. I will clear up my music, and videos folders to see if that helps.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• Sheriff
  • European-Union

Posted A week ago

Music is likely to be your problem. I have a whole secondary 500GB SSD to hold music, films, photos and photo/video editing software. Keeping C:/ for OS and a couple of select games and D:/ for the rest of the games.

The_Human
  • The_Human

GNU/ Member Title

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

Is molex to SATA power reliable?

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Sheriff
  • Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Lock Of The Year
    Worst Tits 2017
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

I've never had any issues with Molex to SATA, just need to make sure it's a good quality Molex connector, cause most of them that flood the market at so badly built.  General rule of thumb is to find the black ones, as they are usually better designed and have some grip on the cable entry which help them line up better to the female connector.  The worst are the opaque off-white ones, simply terrible, simply every-effing-where.

• The_Human likes this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 4 days ago

What are some of the better remote desktop programs that work good on tablets such as iPads?

I'm not looking to do anything crazy just simple things

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• Sheriff
  • United-States
  • Best Poster in Technology / Programming 2017
    Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 3 days ago

VNC is pretty popular and available on just about everything. Latency isn't going to be great, but for simple things it's quite sufficient.

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 2 days ago

For some reason a gameplay video I made ended up being shot in .avi mode and wouldn't open and I know sometimes by simply opening the properties and adding .mp4 to the end of the title and applying it the video will then open.

Can anybody explain why that works?

There has been times where my converter wouldn't work to convert avi to mp4 but adding .mp4 to the title did

VNC is pretty popular and available on just about everything. Latency isn't going to be great, but for simple things it's quite sufficient.

I ended up going with Splashtop Remote it was $4.99 but it's made specific to be used with tablets so it's not stretched or smooshed beyond use like some other ones are

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• Sheriff
  • European-Union

Posted 2 days ago

For some reason a gameplay video I made ended up being shot in .avi mode and wouldn't open and I know sometimes by simply opening the properties and adding .mp4 to the end of the title and applying it the video will then open.

It shouldn't, technically, because the file formats are totally different. It could be that swapping extension changes the application used to load the file, and the application ignores file extension and looks at the header to determine file type. It could be that whatever playback codec you have for AVI is broken for some reason.

My money is on different default applications. Try right clicking the AVI and opening with another app. Or using something like VLC instead of the tripe you normally get shipping with Windows

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands

Posted 2 days ago

It shouldn't, technically, because the file formats are totally different. It could be that swapping extension changes the application used to load the file, and the application ignores file extension and looks at the header to determine file type. It could be that whatever playback codec you have for AVI is broken for some reason.

My money is on different default applications. Try right clicking the AVI and opening with another app. Or using something like VLC instead of the tripe you normally get shipping with Windows

My default application to open videos is Windows Media Player in fact it's the only media player I have installed but when I tried to open the video it gave me that error you get when it can't be played and give me the "Close or More Information" option but when I added .mp4 to the end of it, it opened right up.

Not that I'm admitting to anything but this has worked with some movies i've "downloaded" that wouldn't open and someone mentioned adding .mp4 to the end of the title and the thumbnail went from being the default WMV Thumbnail to the movie thumbnail.

I douno it's weird af, I wish I had though to hit my instant replay hotkeys to record what I did so you could see but by time I remembered 15 minutes had already lapsed.

Thanks tho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users