• Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

EVERYTHING is on my HARD DRIVE. I haven't installed anything on my SSD, but there's a bunch of files on there weirdly enough. Maybe I'll just cut everything and paste it into my Hard Drive...

If I remember right your rig has a 256GB SSD and Mafia III takes up 50gb or so, chuck on a normal Windows installation on that (20-30GB?) and there's clearly a discrepancy between what you're saying and what's actually happening.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

♪ ♫

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by Andreaz1, A week ago.

EVERYTHING is on my HARD DRIVE. I haven't installed anything on my SSD, but there's a bunch of files on there weirdly enough.

How can you even say something like this just hours after posting

I only install very demanding games on my SSD. The only thing I've installed on my SSD is Mafia III, yet somehow I've run out of space

followed by a pictures that shows your SSD is LITERALLY more than 99.8% full? There's obviously tons of crap on there; crap that you have got to have put on there because no Windows installation takes up 230GB of space.

Maybe I'll just cut everything and paste it into my Hard Drive...

Sure if you've got the family's last 50 years of photo albums or your whole Blu-Ray collection on there but you should know that's not how it works when it comes to programs at all. They need to be properly uninstalled and reinstalled if you want them to actually work.

Blaze
  • Blaze

Boss

• The Yardies
  • Lebanon
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted A week ago

it's a "claude doesn't listen to gtaf advice because he believes his own knowledge is right" episode

• Andreaz1 and sivispacem like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by ClaudeIzABadAzz, 3 days ago.

Sure if you've got the family's last 50 years of photo albums or your whole Blu-Ray collection on there but you should know that's not how it works when it comes to programs at all. They need to be properly uninstalled and reinstalled if you want them to actually work.

Yes I know this, I meant things like pictures, videos, music etc etc.

Turns out I had a couple games installed on there by accident, but I moved them to the HD. The other thing that was taking up space (about 115GB) was recordings, now I have 149GB free  :lol:

Speaking about recordings, my Nvidia Shadowplay has been acting up lately. Sometimes it'll record just fine, and other times it won't record at all. Sometimes when it does decide to record, it will stop recording before I want it to, and screenshots aren't saving properly for some reason. I have no clue of what to do  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  I have watched videos and read forums, but nothing I've seen has helped me at all. Maybe I should do a clean install of Nvidia Experience? 

@Blaze haha I like that! 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 3 days ago.

Speaking about recordings, my Nvidia Shadowplay has been acting up lately. Sometimes it'll record just fine, and other times it won't record at all. Sometimes when it does decide to record, it will stop recording before I want it to, and screenshots aren't saving properly for some reason. I have no clue of what to do  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  I have watched videos and read forums, but nothing I've seen has helped me at all. Maybe I should do a clean install of Nvidia Experience? 

@Blaze haha I like that! 

Check the Shadowplay options, there is manual and automatic recording

geforce-experience-1-8-shadowplay-record

also make sure you have enough space on your HDD/SSD were the videos are being stored

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted A day ago

Anybody know of a program that will basically Rip photos from a CD-R?

I have a CD-R with thousands of pictures of my daughters from over the years and I want to transfer the pictures onto a memory stick that is currently holding newer pictures but it doesn't let me copy the pictures over or anything.

The only option I have is to open each picture "edit it" and then "make a copy" but I have close to 3,000 pictures so it would take me a year of doing that to get em all transfered

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Anybody know of a program that will basically Rip photos from a CD-R?

You will need a burning software that can copy (or emulate on a virtual drive) CD. Alcohol 120% is a favorite of mine, but I have never used it to copy pictures from a CD-R. I suppose you should give it a try, and if it works then hurrayyy.. :^:

My Question:

Is it okay to clear data / cache of any apps, including "download manager" under "show system apps" category, on a weekly basis? I'm talking about Android Oreo mobile system.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster in Technology / Programming 2017
    Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 6 hours ago

Is it okay to clear data / cache of any apps, including "download manager" under "show system apps" category, on a weekly basis? I'm talking about Android Oreo mobile system.

There should be no harm, but you might end up using quite a bit more data this way. If you mostly use your phone while on WiFi connection, that shouldn't matter, but if you mostly use cell data, it could be a substantial increase on your usage, plus waiting time while app gets everything it needs.

Some apps might also malfunction. They shouldn't, but developers aren't always as diligent as they should be.
  • Am Shaegar likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users