Quantcast

» «
Photo

It's 2018! The 10th Year Anniversary for GTA IV is in the horizon! Share your best memories of IV and Liberty City.

72 replies to this topic
George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:31 PM

Tbh i would be happy with patch for PC release, which would fix z-fighting and improve optimization. (and could be base for current gen consoles port)

• Ivan1997GTA and GtaLegend15 like this

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 January 2018 - 06:42 PM

I remember stories that R* wanted it to be more realistic and grounded, which I was fine with. But when I got the game I ended up comparing it to SA. It was meant to be more real, but the food and gym work element had gone. We were unable to go and customise our cars. The parking space vehicle saves were really unreliable & I was always losing cars I liked because of them. I was disappointed that the burglary jobs had been dropped.

But there were positive introductions, like the net, which has obviously been my expanded and better utilised in V. But you found some GF's through the dating sites & beyond that, some of the dating profiles had me lol. Food didn't change your appearance anymore, but we can't even go and pick up some pizza or get a cluckin bell in V. It featured things that would have benefitted V IMO too. Like the comedy club and cabaret shows.

Imagine if you could go to Tequila lala and listen to rock and metal bands in there, play pool or darts against other players or NPC's. And so it didn't get too samey, R* changed the music being played a few times a year or so.

Pool - I really liked taking a break from missions to play a few games of pool. I would usually take Jacob, a key person to keep sweet so you could use his weapon delivery service. But you could also play an NPC in the bar.

As far as multiplayer went, I occasionally played other modes, but spent about 95% of my time racing. I loved to race in that game, probably because I went on insane winning streaks. I would race anything, contact, non, but my favorites were GTA for the chaos. My favorite was called long drag (I think) it was the longest circuit in the game, most of it raced on liberties overpasses, time square was also fun, I became an expert at dodging the buses that trolls would hijack to try and screw people over with.

Can't say I've had races as fun as those on V. And since stunt tracks it's hard to even get a handful of people into a lobby for a regular road race.
  • 78 lil red express and Ivan1997GTA like this

SeroH
  • SeroH

Want sum tape?

• The Yakuza
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [Music]

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:04 PM

The thing I liked of GTA IV was one of my favorite radio stations ever, The Journey and Self Actualization FM:

• Algonquin Assassin and Tupiz like this

Tupiz
  • Tupiz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:13 PM

The thing I liked of GTA IV was one of my favorite radio stations ever, The Journey and Self Actualization FM

This. Aphex Twin's 17 in the IV trailer still gives me cold shivers. Journey FM really added a lot to the ambition when cruising down the rainy and dark LC streets where the music fit well. No game has given me an experience quite like this.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

Simply walking and driving around the streets of Broker for the first time ever.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:13 AM

Playing GTA IV for the very first time back in the day... man i feel old already 

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:04 AM

Simply walking and driving around the streets of Broker for the first time ever.

Especially the Hove Beach area shortly after Niko gets off the ship. It was a pretty decent recreation of Brighton Beach. They really nailed the atmosphere and, from Niko's perspective, it truly felt like you were in a strange new place, especially for new players.

• Algonquin Assassin, Official General, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:16 PM

Can I just say, how brilliant this video is by GTASeriesVideos!

Once GTA IV came and I seen Niko, Johnny and Luis I got Goosebumps. (Especially Luis TBOGT is my favorite GTA)

• Lock n' Stock likes this

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:11 PM Edited by Garfield 2, 24 January 2018 - 10:11 PM.

I was very young... and very angry...

Loved the hype, waiting for the game and picking up THE LAST copy in the local GameStop for the Xbox360.

• Algonquin Assassin, Journey_95, ROCKSTAR MANIC and 2 others like this

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:29 PM

I really hope something is done with this game. Would love an enhanced version. Just leave the basics of this game alone, remaster i may say. Still remember getting lost and taking in the sights. Hove beach, schottler, Dukes, Firefly island. Memories...

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Gunnalingus
  • Gunnalingus

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:59 PM

Liberty City reminds everyone of 1990's New York they saw in movies like Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.

It's like 2008 Liberty City was stuck in 1990's and 2013 Los Santos is just... bland 2013 Los Santos.

5dSzKFC.png

sW1Z46F.png

qHiDQD8.png

That's why it feels so magical.

f*ck Home Alone 2! For me, Niko Bellic reminded me of Chuck Norris and  Steven Seagail - the no bullsh*t charatcters. no bullsh*t movies. Like when Niko kicks the cocksucker @ Brucies' "I said Hello!"

And did you know that this paracahucte thing (catching guy in mid-air) was taken straight from Delta Force? Later to be repeated in Walker Texas Ranger episode. If I want your opinion I beat it out of ya.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

I'm currently playing it on PC again for the first time since 2009.

Dmitriy
  • Dmitriy

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:34 AM

the same thing but on ps3

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:15 AM

I can't imagine being away from my baby for that long.

• lol232 and Darealbandicoot like this

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:20 AM

True, I have replayed GTA IV like 7 times...never gets old

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 09 February 2018 - 03:23 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 09 February 2018 - 03:23 AM.

I'm doing an 11th. Was going to wait to do another one as I finished one up before the start of the new year, but couldn't wait. It's like any other addiction. Once you're hooked you can't stop. :p

• SchizNitz and Journey_95 like this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions and then go and eject my cars towards to space all the time.
  • Am Shaegar likes this

RetroMystic
  • RetroMystic

Really makes you think

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions and then go and eject my cars towards to space all the time.

Spoiler

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions

This is getting boring. We all know you don't like the game, because you were getting border easily doing the same type of missions, but c'mon, this topic is called share your best memories in case if you missed that part.

• Journey_95 and TheOriginalGunslinger like this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:03 AM

Who else does this? I remember booting up GTA IV, getting bored pretty easily doing same type of missions

This is getting boring. We all know you don't like the game, because you were getting border easily doing the same type of missions, but c'mon, this topic is called share your best memories in case if you missed that part.

I shared my best memories in there: Swingset glitch allows you to have some fun.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 February 2018 - 05:57 PM Edited by Journey_95, 09 February 2018 - 05:58 PM.

https://youtu.be/K0viSHtQEIY

At least they were actual classic crime missions, with TBOGT and V we basically have Michael Bay missions to pander to people like you.

I would replay the interesting hitman Type of missions in IV instead of boring (apparently "fun") missions like Black Project or Monkey Business which dont belong in GTA.

TheOriginalGunslinger
  • TheOriginalGunslinger

Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:00 PM Edited by Dexter_Morgan, 09 February 2018 - 07:05 PM.

He also missed the part over in the "Things GTA IV did better than GTA V" thread about driving and said missions. Like, who doesn't read the on-topic titles? Gotta love the little sarcasm jabs he throws into his post which are blantly obvious.

Anyways... Let me get back on-topic here. My biggest memory is playing multiplayer in IV. Met some really cool people there. A much better experience than what GTA Online offers. Custom lobbies made it even more enjoyable. Oh, and Cops 'n Crooks all f*cking day!
  • Journey_95 likes this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2018 - 07:37 PM Edited by MostWantedMVP, 09 February 2018 - 07:44 PM.

Played it on 360 many times, just been revisiting the PC version.

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Conversion 2017 [Liberty City Stories: PC]
    [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:26 PM

I remember messing around with physics as kid and finding random sh*t around LC. Finished the story like 4 years later and must say the missions were pretty meh. But great game nonetheless
8euaGTu.png

eeGR9py.jpg

9OfzUOb.jpg

• Am Shaegar likes this

Lock n' Stock
  • Lock n' Stock

"I don't fit in anywhere!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Too many to list, but even when I was about 12, I remember the hype for this game being MASSIVE. Every f*cker was talking about it, even on local radio.

Originally I played the game on my brother's 360, and just used to spend time dicking around. Even back then, I didn't care about the absence of features from SA because the level of detail put into everything else was just crazy, be it the atmosphere, the refined mechanics, the storyline, whatever. I don't think it was until a year or so later when I got a copy of my own on PS3, and finally got to experience the narrative in full force.

And then EFLC came out on PS3, After 360 had it for so long, it was well worth the wait. Two completely new characters with their own storylines, along with new weapons, vehicles and other features. Great expansions to an already great game.

In short, the GTA IV saga was truly a special one.

• Hmmm nice bike, Algonquin Assassin, SchizNitz and 1 other like this

fryday
  • fryday

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

As far as multiplayer went, I occasionally played other modes, but spent about 95% of my time racing. I loved to race in that game, probably because I went on insane winning streaks. I would race anything, contact, non, but my favorites were GTA for the chaos. My favorite was called long drag (I think) it was the longest circuit in the game, most of it raced on liberties overpasses, time square was also fun, I became an expert at dodging the buses that trolls would hijack to try and screw people over with.

Can't say I've had races as fun as those on V. And since stunt tracks it's hard to even get a handful of people into a lobby for a regular road race.

"Stars in your eyes" - 10 Rounds - Firetrucks - GTA Race   :D

I was a quite good racer in GTA4, too and in opposition to you I enjoy GTA5 races the same. 

AlexGambino150
  • AlexGambino150

Humble Beast

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:16 AM

I have a PS4 and gave my cousin from DR my PS3 and GTA IV. It's been about 3 years since I've last played GTA IV and I'm going absolutely nuts.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 12 February 2018 - 03:22 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 12 February 2018 - 03:23 AM.

I have a PS4 and gave my cousin from DR my PS3 and GTA IV. It's been about 3 years since I've last played GTA IV and I'm going absolutely nuts.

Fortunately I have a PS4 and XB1 so backwards compatibility makes it possible on XB1. However my first experience of GTA IV was on the PS3 so I still have a soft spot. It's sucks that the PS4 wont play PS3 games (Other than the select few on the PS store).

Hopefully you get to play it again someday dude. :)

Mr.Kurowski
  • Mr.Kurowski

Claude a not dumb.Because he is dont like a talk

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

Eh, i had many good memories with GTA IV.

The story is great once you have the DLC's as well so you can experience LC from every perspective.

I remember just driving around and i liked how the city felt so alive..:p

the gta psychopath
  • the gta psychopath

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:44 AM

My favorite Memory of GTA IV was when I unlocked the second and third island I felt so Awesome then to explore new place's

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users