Quantcast

» «
Photo

The map seems bigger than LCS and GTA III...

6 replies to this topic
Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Let's go bowling.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

The map on GTA IV seems bigger for some reason. Here's an example, in GTA 3 and LCS, there was no Statue Of Liberty on those 2 games, but on GTA IV, there was the Statue Of Liberty. Who else realized this?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

Thanks Captain Obvious, we wouldn't realize otherwise.

No offence though, but it's totally different city, with only the name and location being common factor. There are different backstories, characters and boroughs. R* clearly stated that they remade Liberty City, because they felt they never gave it justice in its previous iteration, due to many factors including hardware power.

• Algonquin Assassin, Arrows to Athens, Mr_Rager and 1 other like this

Penguin Bob
  • Penguin Bob

Let's go bowling.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:26 AM Edited by Penguin Bob, 30 December 2017 - 09:27 AM.

Thanks Captain Obvious, we wouldn't realize otherwise.

HOW RUDE! lol. And i didn't know that Rockstar stated that they changed the map...Sorry. :p

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:39 AM

Personally, I did notice the similarity between the two Liberty Cities, especially when getting to Algonquin for the first time. I had that 'I've been here before' - feeling.

It is, in essence, the same city, just refined and expanded.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Sheriff
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:39 PM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 30 December 2017 - 11:45 PM.

Personally, I did notice the similarity between the two Liberty Cities, especially when getting to Algonquin for the first time. I had that 'I've been here before' - feeling.
It is, in essence, the same city, just refined and expanded.

I'd call GTA V's Los Santos a refinement and expansion of Los Santos from San Andres since it was already pretty close to LA, but Liberty City in GTA III only vaguely resembled NYC (Hence the lack of a Statue of Liberty parody amongst other things). It was really just a bunch of East coast cities mixed together.

As Tycek said R* didnt feel like they gave Liberty City justice which is one of the reasons they revisited it again in GTA IV and it closely resembles NYC/New Jersey much more than the 3D era counterpart.

With regards to physical size IMO GTA IV's map is Goldie Locks being that it's not too small lacking detail or too big to the point of being uninteresting and dull. It's just right.

• B Dawg, Tycek, anthony and 5 others like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Last Breath

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

This is a meme phrase I know but IV is truly a boots on the ground experience. All the detail is in the density of the city, the back alleys, rooftops, side streets, and it's the best way to make an immersing city.
  • Algonquin Assassin, TommyPayne123 and Penguin Bob like this

SanLiberty
  • SanLiberty

Killing Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:18 PM

It's because Rockstar made a HD Universe and a 3D Universe. Yes, there are most things the same on both universes and even if Rockstar stated this i do not believe it, but whatever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users