Photo

The Room

8 replies to this topic
The N. Bellic Man
  • The N. Bellic Man

Crazy Idiot

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:26 PM Edited by The N. Bellic Man, 29 December 2017 - 08:27 PM.

TheRoomMovie.jpg

I didn't see a topic about this so-called "greatest bad movie of all time". Now that James Franco's The Disaster Artist is getting some critical acclaim and success I think it's time to talk about this movie. And those that are not familiar with The Disaster Artist - it is based on a book about making The Room and about the driving force behind that project - director and actor Tommy Wiseau. It was written by co-star Greg Sestero. That book also gathered some critical acclaim.

The Room that originally came out in 2003 on the other hand has not gathered any critical acclaim, but it has however become a cult classic. Last night I watched this movie online and I have to say that it is actually one of the worst movies I have ever seen and I am glad that I didn't pay to see it. Although I must admit that it was pretty enjoyable to watch, especially because of Wiseau's non-existent acting skills. Some scenes are legendary. Still, this is a one star movie.

What is more interesting than the movie is the story behind it and the mystical nature of Tommy Wiseau. Wikipedia article about The Room and Tommy are pretty expansive and there is many speculative topics about him in forums like Reddit and such. However, not much was known about this man until very recently.

It's obvious that he originates from Europe - I would say Poland, but there isn't much else that could be confirmed if you don't have proper authority to see his immigration papers. His age can only be speculated. I would say he is at least 60. He also seems to lie about everything and sometimes there isn't any consistency in his stories.

The most intriguing part is his wealth. Before starting to sell jeans he seemed to work a variety of low paying jobs. Somehow he managed to raise enough money to make a 6-7 million dollar movie (even this sounds pretty high considering really low production values) and it appears that he owns at least one building in San Francisco.

There's much in this case that seems rather fishy. Whole thing seems to be some kind of pyramid scheme or hoax. I mean considering that The Room is so bad movie - how much money can you make out of it.

• Mister Pink, Pavle and sreyazsec like this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

He's part of the mob and I will believe that till the day I die. He has a criminal record all over Europe according to The Disaster Artist [book and all of it is very vague; if you watch The Room as a mob movie it becomes even weirder.

• The N. Bellic Man and sreyazsec like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

YOU ARE TEARING ME APART, THE N. BELLIC MAN.
  • The N. Bellic Man likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

The Room is a work of art, and you're about 14 years late to the party.
  • Spaghetti Cat likes this

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

So like, the whole ''Room as a mob movie'' thing

Tommy is very, very vague about his job. All we know is that he works for the ''bank'' - having a hard time moving up the hierarchy. He lives a lavish life for someone who's not that all high up, what gives?

The bank is really just a code word for the bomb. Tommy is likely some kind of enforcer running a racket - all the shops he goes know his order right away; familiarity and fear in equal measure. Ever wondered why that ''hi doggy'' bit is so rushed? because everyone is scared to f*cking death of the weird ''protection agent'' making a movie around the neighborhood.

That drug dealer isn't coming after Denny for no good reason. He knows Tommy is a made man - coming after him is a big deal. When Tommy and Mark stop him, they're both fully willing and ready to cap his ass if not for the family stepping in.

They drop him off at the police station within like, a minute? I think it's implied they killed him and dumped the body.

It's a never ending list of clues and hints. The Room is Goodfellas' unofficial sequel.

• BenMitchell90, ProKiller93 and Neon_Dreaming like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Canada

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Michael: I did not betray him, it's not true, it's bullsh*t, I did not betray him, I DID NAHT!... Oh hai Franklin.

• ProKiller93 and Neon_Dreaming like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:17 PM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 19 January 2018 - 01:19 PM.

I only saw The Room for the first time a couple of weeks back and three things I took from it.

-You can never have enough exposed tits.

-Its perfectly acceptable to throw around a football in a tuxedo for no reason.

-You can threaten to throw another person off a roof and resume to have a normal conversation with them and a few seconds later like nothing happened.

Oh and HAI MARK!!!
  • Mister Pink, The N. Bellic Man, BenMitchell90 and 3 others like this

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:02 AM

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:12 PM

Im trying my damnedest to watch the Room for the first time in a long time. 3/4 of the way through as I type this. My brain is mush. And I fast forwarded the sex scenes. Otherwise I would no longer have the cognitive ability to...

I really cannot come up with an example of something I can do right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users