» «
Photo

gta5 lag issue

5 replies to this topic
offcer simms
  • offcer simms

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by offcer simms, 3 weeks ago.

hey guys i talk to rockstar about running gta5 on my laptop they cheeked my requirements and they said i could run on minimum requirments but i keeping slow game and lag here is my pc processor and graphics card Processor    Intel® Core™ i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)    Intel® HD Graphics 520    if any one knows to fix this please let me know thanks from offcer simms

plus also i did a requirements test also and it said run on minimum requirements 

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Costar, 3 weeks ago.

officer simms, just a quick search yields this about processors and game lag:

"Think of cores as two CPUs, and think of logical processors as each of those CPUs being divided into two though not physically. In the processor, there are 4 threads because 4 logical processors = 4 threads, meaning basically that 4 sequences of instructions can be carried out simultaneously for performance gain over 1 thread. If one of those cores (or threads) is used up at 100% and the other ones are at 50% or so it can cause lag while gaming. It does not need to be the whole CPU at 100% to cause lag, only one core needs to be overflowed."

So that may explain why you have lag in the first place but the question is, what is causing it. Are there certain settings pre-configured in your game which are designed to use more of the CPU and what other processes are running on your laptop whilst you're playing?

I have V installed on a very low end PC and despite a little choppiness here and there, its playable and yet my machine, the CPU in particular doesn't even meet minimum reqs.. In my case, I'm thinking it has to do w/ other processes like Social Club subprocesses, and/or STEAM because I have the Steam version... Personally, I already dislike laptops just because they tend to have so many extra processes running just because they're laptops, like touchpad processes, other pieces of software for maybe the wireless adapter and a number of pre-installed software. 

You didn't specify either how much RAM your laptop has.. And it would help to change your text color because to "us" it appears a dark gray.. I had to highlight it to be able to see it better... 

I'm not sure how to assess your integrated graphics, although it is said that the "faster versions" are on "core i7 machines which can play modern games as of 2015 on low settings". So it could also be that your 520 on an i3 could be struggling a bit, Idk, sorry I just don't know enough about laptop integrated graphics..

Anyways, you could go into the game settings and see if you can make sure that EVERYTHING is as low as it can possibly be. I know that in my case, on my desktop, it has an indicator bar for how much of the available VRAM is being used as I make adjustments. I think there is a color scheme that goes from green to yellow to red, obviously indicating you're approaching the limits of your graphics device as you increase settings.. Right now, on this near 10 yr old PC, on lowest settings, its using about 970MB of a 1023MB (1GB) card. Then there are some items in the list which don't affect VRAM but the CPU... 

offcer simms
  • offcer simms

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

my pc does meet minimum requirments 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 3 weeks ago.

my pc does meet minimum requirments 

meets the minimum requirements = it will boot but it will be sh!t

recommended = average experience; normal/medium graphics

you didn't even specified what graphics card you are using, if you are using the HD graphics from the processor you cant expect anything more

edit: you can try to use some mods to make the game less heavy, it will look visually worse, but it will run a bit better

Ohhh123r
  • Ohhh123r

He's is Angry GTA Nerd...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Ohhh123r, 3 weeks ago.

My PC does meet Minimum requirement 

According to the Rockstar Games Supports articles:

Minimum specifications:

OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
Memory: 4GB
Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
HDD Space: 65GB
DVD Drive

Over time, downloadable content and programming changes will change the system requirements for this game. Please refer to your hardware manufacturer and www.rockstargames.com/support for current compatibility information. Some system components such as mobile chipsets, integrated, and AGP graphics cards may be incompatible. Unlisted specifications may not be supported by publisher.

Other requirements: Installation and online play requires log-in to Rockstar Games Social Club (13+) network; internet connection required for activation, online play, and periodic entitlement verification; software installations required including Rockstar Games Social Club platform, DirectX, Chromium, and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 sp1 Redistributable Package, and authentication software that recognizes certain hardware attributes for entitlement, digital rights management, system, and other support purposes. Single use serial code registration via internet required; registration is limited to one Rockstar Games Social Club Account (13+) per serial code; only one log-in allowed per Social Club account at any time; serial code(s) are non-transferable once used; Social Club accounts are non-transferrable.

Inan-Ahammad
  • Inan-Ahammad

Project Props - Mapper

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted A day ago

Sry to bump but my PC also doesn't meet the minimum.Well,I never hoped even the game would boot with Nvidia 210 but it loaded.and I can increase the graphics high also without some...Getting fps drops...average 18 to 25 but still playable.Had to find a optimal config for my box.Now I am mostly balaced.not very low grphics now very low performance.

I think the best would be too configure it yourself as your needs(depending on PC).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users