How do you avoid VIP work cool down?

8 replies to this topic
JohnMarston_73
  • JohnMarston_73

The Man from Blackwater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

I read somewhere here that this can be done.

Can someone elaborate?

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Designer for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

It has been patched. The first method which I stumbbled across was also patched :(

Basically you had to go into SP using the character wheel straigh after finishing the VIP job then head back online, become a VIP/CEO and do another job.
  • JohnMarston_73 likes this

JohnMarston_73
  • JohnMarston_73

The Man from Blackwater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:04 PM Edited by JohnMarston_73, 29 December 2017 - 07:00 PM.

Thank you for letting me know.

Im just trying to find a simple method to help my friends earn money being my associates in public lobby sessions. (Not interested in starting jobs and heists because of loading times)

I think it was you that posted that bypass method.

Seen someone post online a different method but you have to close the game and re-open it.

I find that too much effort to earn that little amount.
  • REXX likes this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Designer for GTA Online

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:01 PM

Ah yes, closing the game and rebooting will reset the job timers however, as you already said, its too much of a drag having to close and boot up all the time. That method indeed does still work.

taken250
  • taken250

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2018 - 07:13 PM

What about if you open another app like Youtube?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:38 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 01 January 2018 - 08:40 PM.

No, the only method left is exiting the game entirely after completing said job & making sure you quick save prior to the exit.

If you don't quicksave, there's a high chance the game won't save the money you just earned.

It's pretty dang useful for only specific players, like those with Xbox One X's who can reload fully back into online in like 1-2 minutes.

Great for those that farm the Fortified ($35k) CEO job, which normally has a 30 minute cooldown.

It's overall best for invite only sessions, given the load times are faster to online that way.

• jazzbone likes this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:37 PM

Headhunter rotations with friends are way more simpler, you will by-pass the cooldown
-register as CEO
-hire friend
-play headhunter
-disband
-friend registers as CEO and hires you
-play Headhunter
-disband

Etc

Thats way better than buying a 2Mio useless truck and quit your game. But thats just me. With HH rotations it takes 6 min to make 60k, without loading screen.
  • jazzbone likes this

BLACK DYNAM1TE
  • BLACK DYNAM1TE

GRAND THEFT DONALD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:47 PM

You have to run certain work. 

Example:

If you complete Executive Search there is a 4 minute cool down, once that is finished launch the next available immediately like Piracy Prevention, etc.... Executive Search has a 10 minute cool down, during this time it is actually 4 minutes since you had to wait for job cooldown, Piracy Prevention takes 10 minutes anyways so when your finished Executive Search is ready to go again. But PP will not be able for another 60 minutes I just used it as an example. 

You can mix and match this method between CEO work. But only the 2 jobs your running will be available with this trick. Starting a new one inbetween resets the method this only bypasses the first job you launch if you follow what I'm trying to say.  Try it with Headhunter and Sightseer  as these are the quickest to complete.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:29 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 02 January 2018 - 08:30 PM.

Headhunter rotations with friends are way more simpler, you will by-pass the cooldown
-register as CEO
-hire friend
-play headhunter
-disband
-friend registers as CEO and hires you
-play Headhunter
-disband

Etc

Thats way better than buying a 2Mio useless truck and quit your game. But thats just me. With HH rotations it takes 6 min to make 60k, without loading screen.

You need another player though, not everyone who runs CEO work does at the times they want to play.

The Fortified method is for people that feel like doing basically no work at all & can go do other things/away from game for 10 minutes at a time.

So it just comes down to if a player has access to someone to join them, & feels like spending resources &/or effort during that session.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users