Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could R* had designed the facility better?

55 replies to this topic
Steamy_breezy
  • Steamy_breezy

Just Stretching

• BUSTED!
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

What do you guys think about the poorly designed facility?

Why does the facility resemble like a prison? If you ever seen Oz, then you know what I'm talking about.

Augustus-Hill-oz-hbo-11078298-500-400.jp

you know, those doors you just can't enter.

gimme a break.

• Solid Scorpion and PS-GTAIVplayer like this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:08 PM

Again I'll say the curved gallery should run around the lift chamber; it makes no sense that it would be this shape otherwise. Useless doors have been a thing since launch, but they've taken them to extremes. Giant glass window in the bedroom doesn't make a lot of sense either, even with blackouts. And where's the bathroom? Also, it's too far from the exit when you have it as a spawn location. Oh, and why put the minigun on the security station when everything else is in the other room.

In summary, f*ck the facility. Most of it is just reused content from the IAA place anyway.

• Perez84, Solid Scorpion, Tupiz and 4 others like this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

It's designed to be a long run to waste your time and money earning.. that's all and it works well

• Hmmm nice bike, Solid Scorpion, Tupiz and 10 others like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

It's designed to be a long run to waste your time and money earning.. that's all and it works well

• Karrecod likes this

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

Yes, They didn't need to put the heist room 1,000 yards away from the main entrance

• Eqaulo and JustCallMeNiko like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

the number of bullsh*t doors is silly though, and the rediculous run you have to the heist room.

atleast they still let us teleport.
  • dschuTheDamaja likes this

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

The heist room should have been closer to the entrance. It takes like, a minute and a half to reach it.

• Solid Scorpion, gtafan26, PkUnzipper and 3 others like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

The heist room should have been closer to the entrance. It takes like, a minute and a half to reach it.

Yea a back exit door would have been appreciated lol

• Solid Scorpion likes this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

I don't mind the half a mile run to the heist room too much, what I do mind is the placement of the personal quarters.

Having to run along the corridor, past reception and through the garage when I just want to get outside and call in a car :(

The room should be just off the garage imo.

VDTor
  • VDTor

Orbital Cannon Vigilante

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

Someone suggested cryptocurrency before, kind of perfect for making money especially with the supercomputer/servers at the end of the facility.

• Steamy_breezy likes this

Steamy_breezy
  • Steamy_breezy

Just Stretching

• BUSTED!
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:49 PM Edited by Steamy_breezy, 28 December 2017 - 03:51 PM.

I'm not sure if they did it to have a great laugh at us in the office or if their map-designer just lived out his wet dream with prison'ish design facilitys.

laser.jpg

If we look at 'Goldfinger' that was made some 50 yrs ago, you could tell that the settings are more open-space and kickass then the facility R* gave us.

Why diden't we get our control-room close/near the orbital room. I get it. They are both seperates modules w their own price tag, but if you're going to invest millions, becouse that is what the facility cost.

I'm also afraid that R* diden't want to make (the facility) it to good/or greater designed then the whole game it self.

It'z crazy how there are free mods out there that are better looking the facility we got.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:53 PM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 28 December 2017 - 03:53 PM.

none of that bothers me, what i dont like is the fact that its a big as$ facility and its empty, i dont see anyone working there.

does it get anyone there when finishing the acts? i only did the first and its still the same crap

• Spaceboy M likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

none of that bothers me, what i dont like is the fact that its a big as$ facility and its empty, i dont see anyone working there.

does it get anyone there when finishing the acts? i only did the first and its still the same crap

When you complete setups and acts, you'll get a few props and quite a few people working with the computers. The lockers also get clothes in them depending on what setups you've done and what team you played as.

With that said, the Facility could have more things to it. I don't like locked doors.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:22 PM Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 28 December 2017 - 04:22 PM.

And where's the bathroom?

Arguably the most important thing :^:

Really, though, it seems like they skimped on the design of the facility. The doors that you can't go through remind me of the doors in Franklin and Michael's houses that you can't go through. We own the properties and we aren't even allowed to go into every room! It's like if the characters lost the keys to those rooms and just went "Meh, screw it, I just won't go in there."

• Perez84 and Spaceboy M like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

They did a great job with the interiors and making the facility such a massive place but it just doesn't feel normal inside there lol

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Hunting Deluxos since 2018

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

I've no problems with it, tbh. The entrance lift is an exact copy of the one I wanted for the bunkers. Only sad we can't store any helicopters (except the Avenger) inside.

dieseltech20
  • dieseltech20

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 December 2017 - 05:54 PM Edited by dieseltech20, 28 December 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Come get your real, fake doors....
  • ScooterEightyTwo and LL Cool L like this

Mr_Noob
  • Mr_Noob

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

why did bunkers get the option of golf carts to move around in when the space is too cramped..... but the facility gets nothing even though it is huge and it is really tedious running from the entrance to the main reception area. 

• ferguson99 and PkUnzipper like this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

My Thruster has a one point two million dollar glorified Garage.

• El Payaso likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:19 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 28 December 2017 - 08:20 PM.

I keep turning left whenever I leave my quarters.

Every.

Damn.

Time.

THE EXIT IS TO THE RIGHT
  • Perez84, Irrational, gtafan26 and 1 other like this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

Con - Should be able to store more than 7 PVs in a place that size.

Pro - I do enjoy listening to the announcements on the PA system.
  • Perez84 and gtafan26 like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

Yeah there are three things they could have designed better imo.

1. The stairs should be where the vehicles are parked, so you dont have to run through half the parking level in order to get to the facility entrance.

2. They could have put a lot more garagespace in there, if they would have moved the sidewalls a bit to the outside. There would have been enough space for 20 PVs. 4 on each small side and 6 on each long side.

3. Most of the facilitys should have better Road access. Its kinda hard to get in and out with regular or lowered cars. Paleto Bay is the worst example because you have to go through a very bumpy area wich caused my feltzer to get stuck there multiple times by now.
A simple flat dirtroad leading to the entrance of each facility (like they did with that little bridge for the most expensive one) would have been a big improvement.
  • Irrational likes this

RyuNova
  • RyuNova

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

Or they simply could have had the Facility be an add-on to the Bunkers.

Just have Agent 14 ring you up and say something like "Oh I forgot to tell you, part of your Bunker got Orbital Cannoned a while back and collapsed. I mean you can restore it if you want...some goodies in there...but its your choice"

• Perez84, Tupiz, gtafan26 and 3 others like this

PS-GTAIVplayer
  • PS-GTAIVplayer

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 December 2017 - 11:40 PM

Oh yes. Was it necessary for R* to have a facility with huge areas of next to nothing? Takes long enough to get to the heist rooms and whatever else that makes it anything other than a glorified garage.

• Asian_Apache likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

Pro - I do enjoy listening to the announcements on the PA system.

Yes, I agree

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:50 AM Edited by Gtaman_92, 29 December 2017 - 05:52 AM.

We shouldn't need to buy a facility in the 1st place.

• Tupiz likes this

IbrahimLafayette
  • IbrahimLafayette

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:36 AM Edited by IbrahimLafayette, 29 December 2017 - 06:37 AM.

We shouldn't need to buy a facility in the 1st place.

I've criticized rockstar's micro transactions politics heavily in the past and still think the value for money is appalling, but in the same context I said that paying for additional content is justified, the criticism was mainly about prices and time to earn that money in game.

I think the cheapest facility to play the new heists is about 15 €, I think that's fair for the amount of missions. Unfortunately due to the public session requirement and strength of the enemies, I think the missions are less fun. I still prefer it to all of the boring businesses.
Paying 15 € or more for new cars on the other hand is a rip off.

I think the placement of the facilities is rather poor, often times there is no street leading to them, making it difficult to access by car. Also you shouldn't have to fully land the avenger to access the facility, it should be the same as landing on the office.
  • SHADOW OPS likes this

Bloodytears1666
  • Bloodytears1666

Peon

• Members
  • Northern-Mariana-Islands

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

I've been only guest there, may be all those NPCs have purpose, but at my look I see a great showroom garage downstairs.

• ALifeOfMisery likes this

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Helicarrier-sexuality

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:42 AM Edited by thepiebaker, 29 December 2017 - 11:46 AM.

I would redesign the facility to have the main garage/hangar area but realign the damn stairs. I'd have the hallway first meet the security checkpoint then behind it have a ramp>steps>and a small tram rail going down the spiral.
The 2nd floor will be the bed room.
3rd floor will hold piles of cash in relation to bank balance
4th Break room/cafeteria/lounge and put a few classic style arcade games with old C*games in them.
5th combat training simulation room
6th orbital canon room
7th. the armory with a larger floor plan but same features and more props. Make it look like a damn armory.
8th heist room
9th a jail cell for avon's charred remains, child molesters, and people who talk in the theater.

I call it the 9 circles of cockstar

Edit:oh yeah and reception can have a PV concierge too
  • Steamy_breezy and Asian_Apache like this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • GoSquared

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:51 AM Edited by TheHolyNZF, 29 December 2017 - 11:52 AM.

I think there should be a trophy display and your employees/agents/whatever should really serve some purpose. Personal AI bodyguards? Protect your other facilities from being robbed?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users