Photo

I think this is what Big Smoke meant by his order

13 replies to this topic
CoolMods
  • CoolMods

Straight Up Menace

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by CoolMods, 3 weeks ago.

I think i'm the only one that thinks this, i think that he ordered all the food CJ, Ryder and Sweet ordered. I think he only ordered "a number 7, two number 45's, one with cheese and a large soda".

Any one else tough that?

• lol232 and Jeansowaty like this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 3 weeks ago

The pantagruelian quantity of food Big Smoke orders strongly looks like another hint to his treason and probably a mix of self-mockery and exaggeration from Rockstar since the fact he lives in a Ballas territory and the fact none of his missions imply fighting the ballas already make him look quite suspicious.

• lil weasel likes this

Craig
  • Craig

Shoeless Thorns

• Marshall-Islands
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 3 weeks ago

It could go both ways. From the way it's framed, you'd be forgiven for thinking he's just greedy and the looks he gets from everyone else in the car seem to suggest that. However, each character says their order out loud and Big Smoke could be piggy-backing on this by ordering one of each for himself as well.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well CJ says

I'll take a number 9, fat boy

which kind of implicates that he was talking to Big Smoke. That is, unless, he could see the guy in the window and he looked fat. But that's kind of incorrect since the guy's voice came in from the speaker on the side of the road. But then, without the car moving, Smoke is given the bag of food through the window. No one even came by.

Then again the way Big Smoke ordered it made it seem like he was ordering for everyone else, especially considering that everyone turned around to face him when he started ordering the number 7 and two number 45s (it could be assumed that the number 9 large would have been for him).

I think it's left a bit ambiguous since the logic of the scene dictates that Smoke was the one ordering it, the implausibility of the scene renders it possible and perhaps more convienent that every orders for themselves.

------------

However I'd prefer not to throw a George Lucas at it and turn this into a "Han/Greedo shot first" argument. The scene is funny and memorable the way that it is IMHO
  • Lioshenka, Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

Reameb
  • Reameb

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

I think all that order was just for Big Smoke, after all sweet Ryder and cj say they order loud, also cj and Ryder look at big smoke in disappointed way when hr finishes his order

Cptmyname
  • Cptmyname

Trying not to be sarcastic

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

The order was clearly only for Smoke because he said ''I want'' before giving the order.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

The order was clearly only for Smoke because he said ''I want'' before giving the order.

No, he said "I'll have..."

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Let's see:

Big Smoke: Carl, what do you want? You gotta eat to keep your strength up, man.

CJ: Hey, I'll take a number 9 - fat boy.

Ryder: Gimme a number 9, just like his.
Sweet: Let me get a number 6 with extra dip.
Big Smoke: I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

ORDER PLACED = 2x number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

BIG SMOKE'S ORDER = a number 9 large, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

CONCLUSION: OP is correct in saying that Big Smoke ordered all the food for CJ, Ryder and Sweet. 

MY OPINION: Nothing new. It's obvious he was ordering for all of them. Smoke still orders a big amount of food for himself.

• Lioshenka, Kajjy, ArmyRaidFail404 and 1 other like this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

Straight Up Menace

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 2 weeks ago

Let's see:

Big Smoke: Carl, what do you want? You gotta eat to keep your strength up, man.

CJ: Hey, I'll take a number 9 - fat boy.

Ryder: Gimme a number 9, just like his.
Sweet: Let me get a number 6 with extra dip.
Big Smoke: I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

ORDER PLACED = 2x number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

BIG SMOKE'S ORDER = a number 9 large, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

CONCLUSION: OP is correct in saying that Big Smoke ordered all the food for CJ, Ryder and Sweet. 

MY OPINION: Nothing new. It's obvious he was ordering for all of them. Smoke still orders a big amount of food for himself.

Yeah, i think all he ordered is a number 9 large, a number 7, 2 number 45's, one with cheese and a large soda.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by lol232, 2 weeks ago.

That's actually not a huge order, I can eat more than that, I'm not even overweight or fat.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

That's actually not a huge order, I can eat more than that, I'm not even overweight or fat.

You would be sick at the very least.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 2 weeks ago

His order is also perhaps a humorous explanation about the reason why Big Smoke and so many Americans are very fat.

lol232
  • lol232

Rise From the Ashes

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 3 days ago

You would be sick at the very least.

A late bump, but I don't think so. A number 9 large, number 7, two 45s and 1 large soda, isn't anything special. That's like 4 burgers, I could record myself eating 5 big macs and drinking a large sode just to prove my point.
Sure, I may feel sick since I'd be full, but that's nothing enormous.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago

Here's a video of Adam Richman. He was defeated by a not-so enormous burger. I love all his shows.

I don't think I'd have managed to eat all 4 burgers, especially when they are serving more than one type having no clue about the quantity of each burger to understand how heavy it is to consume.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users