Shoreside Safe House owner?

10 replies to this topic
Ray Carter
  • Ray Carter

Lawman

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone know who gives Claude the Shoreside Vale Apartment or have any fan theories? 8-Ball gives Claude a place to lie low following the breakout, and Asuka gives Claude the hideout in Staunton Island, but there seems to be no story reason as to how Claude gets the safe house in Shoreside Vale. You have to find it on your own simply by noticing the new safe house icon on the radar.

My theory is that the safe house was possibly given to Claude by Catalina as soon as they arrived in Liberty City and before the bank heist. But, there's no evidence to even suggest this.

• Dream-_-Traveler likes this

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 December 2017 - 08:42 AM Edited by Helegad, 27 December 2017 - 08:42 AM.

It resembles public housing/projects. Claude probably sleeps in the lobby or found an empty room somewhere.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Either it's given by Asuka, either Rockstar forgot to add an immersion-friendly explanation about it.

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 27 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

For most years of me playing the game, I've assumed that Donald Love had something to do with getting the place for Claude since his missions get us to Shoreside. Just like the LCS safehouse in Shoreside.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

For most years of me playing the game, I've assumed that Donald Love had something to do with getting the place for Claude since his missions get us to Shoreside. Just like the LCS safehouse in Shoreside.

If that was the case, then it would have been nice of the Donald to stick him in something other than a public housing project.

• RetroMystic likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Egypt

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

My guess is that it was Catalina's old place before the robbery and then Catalina abandoned it when she got involved with the Cartel and had access to their mansion. Claude goes there because it's familiar.. and because he already has a key.

If that was the case, then it would have been nice of the Donald to stick him in something other than a public housing project.

Yeah but Love is kind of a sleazeball. A type of person that takes advantage of his disciples. Promises them something big but only half-delivers.

• Evil empire and Jeansowaty like this

Ray Carter
  • Ray Carter

Lawman

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:09 PM

I realized the same thing happens in LCS. The first two safe houses are introduced via the story by Vincenzo and Salvatore, but the Shoreside Vale safe house suddenly becomes available as soon as the island is unlocked.

I wish you could buy or seize more properties like in later games. I'm not greedy and simply want more, but there's some places I wish I could have had instead like Salvatore's Mansion following his death, or the Cartel Mansion following Catalina's death. Or maybe buying a mansion in Cedar Grove, or a penthouse in Torrington. Same goes for GTA IV actually. Liberty City is a great place, but lacked any real estate.

• Evil empire and Jeansowaty like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:52 AM

The Shoreside Vale safehouse in LCS was at least a nice house, but I guess they could have found a way to get Donald Love to introduce it without it just seeming like a house that Toni owned from out of nowhere.

Being able to get other safehouses in III (and IV, as you mentioned) would have been cool, too (especially in IV, there was no safehouse in Broker or Dukes after a certain amount of time!).

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:48 AM

I think the apartment has been given to claude by King Courtney to keep an eye on purple nines before he kills them.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

I think the apartment has been given to claude by King Courtney to keep an eye on purple nines before he kills them.

I don't understand what does King Courtney has to do with the nines? You mean D-Ice then?

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

"So long-a-Bowser!"

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 01 January 2018 - 04:20 AM

I don't understand what does King Courtney has to do with the nines? You mean D-Ice then?

Yeah I meant D-ice. I mixed up the names :p
Haven't played this game in years.
  • Jeansowaty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users