GTA VI Set In Detroit

36 replies to this topic
LongLiveJojo
  • LongLiveJojo

RIP Lil Jojo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Would Detroit be a good location for the next GTA game? I think so, for many reasons. Detroit in itself is a very complex place, half of the houses being broken/destroyed due to the gang warfare and the government not giving a f*ck. However, there's also the suburbs and Downtown Detroit which is completely fine.

I would like the next GTA protagonist to be white, growing up in the hood whilst being discriminated by blacks, but then works his way up to earning businesses, respect and money.

What are your thoughts?

JRC99
  • JRC99

Needs a V8 in his Dakota

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It'd be a fantastic setting. The whole state would be. When you get outside of the city, Michigan's drop dead gorgeous, and of course the inner city is as close to real life GTA Online as you can get in the U.S.

• GTK0HLK and LongLiveJojo like this

Ondr4H
  • Ondr4H

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

There is Detroit in R* world , name is Carcer city.
  • jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Detroit/Carcer City would be great 

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Detroit, Chicago, New York, Boston... everything that's not California or Florida, please.

44jxGwinTYqQOckPmX6ElQ.png

• Gtaman_92, SchizNitz, GTK0HLK and 5 others like this

LongLiveJojo
  • LongLiveJojo

RIP Lil Jojo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Detroit, Chicago, New York, Boston... everything that's not California or Florida, please.

44jxGwinTYqQOckPmX6ElQ.png

I completely agree with you, I want to move away from the sunny states.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

f*ck Detroit. I want the next GTA to be set in Bulgaria, Montana.

Also don't we already have a location wishlist

• vladicorp and eCola like this

MaddenSixx
  • MaddenSixx

:)

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

f*ck Detroit. I want the next GTA to be set in Bulgaria, Montana.

Also don't we already have a location wishlist

GTA will probably never be set outside of America.  Dan Houser, vice president of creativity for Rockstar Games, has said that GTA is America.

Houston, Detroit, or Las Vegas would also be cool.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

Montana is in America you goober.

• Algonquin Assassin, GTK0HLK, assCRACK_98 and 3 others like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 4 weeks ago.

Best thing about Detroit is that it has ghettos. There is something about decrepit and poverty stricken places that pull onto my heart strings. Plus.. they make for good locations in a crime game.

The idea for the story could maybe be a man from the ghetto trying to infilitrate a corrupt city government that is bent on dividing it's people for profit from private security contracts. Y'know like real Detroit?

True, but there is also city in Bulgaria called Montana.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago

Detroit on the 1970's would be awesome!

• JRC99 likes this

LongLiveJojo
  • LongLiveJojo

RIP Lil Jojo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Best thing about Detroit is that it has ghettos. There is something about decrepit and poverty stricken places that pull onto my heart strings. Plus.. they make for good locations in a crime game.

The idea for the story could maybe be a man from the ghetto trying to infilitrate a corrupt city government that is bent on dividing it's people for profit from private security contracts. Y'know like real Detroit?

That would be nice, but would that still be GTA?

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 weeks ago

That would be nice, but would that still be GTA?

If you steal cars and listen to slipper-wearing-mothaf*ckas self-deprecate, than yes.

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Tao Cheng, 3 weeks ago.

Today in this Grand. Theft. Auto. Six. post I feel like the Grand. Theft. Auto. Five. Online. Protagonist can singlehandedly purchase entire city of the supposed Detroit if the GTA parody version is parallel to IRL Detroit's financial state.

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'd love to see a GTA game set in the Midwest (such as Detroit or Chicago),but I'd like to see Vice City or maybe Las Venturas before.

Schwartzxz
  • Schwartzxz

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 3 weeks ago

GTA will probably never be set outside of America.  Dan Houser, vice president of creativity for Rockstar Games, has said that GTA is America.

that should never change. 

LongLiveJojo
  • LongLiveJojo

RIP Lil Jojo.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

that should never change. 

why not?

AndyC-M
  • AndyC-M

A Mercenary lost in Los Santos

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

id welcome Detroit, I love the idea of the sunshine states, California and florida, but for rockstar to take that next step in creating a full usa, they need to build on specific areas.

on a side note, the ghettos of Detroit are being glamourised in this thread, we mustn't forget, that that is still peoples lives and way of survival,

Dan_1983
  • Dan_1983

Thug

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd love it in Detroit. Doesn't it have one of the highest crime and homicide rates in the US?

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Detroit is one of these locations I would love to see in GTA or any properly done open world crime game. Bankrupted city with barely working municipal services and extremely high crime rate would make perfect location for a video game. Places like Hamtramck with its polish immigrants, closed down car plants, trailer parks and districts full of burned down or taken down buildings would create a great atmosphere for such a game.

Problem is that some people would cry again it's dark, grey and boring, though.

• JRC99 and confederatestatesgta like this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd love it in Detroit. Doesn't it have one of the highest crime and homicide rates in the US?

According to the latest statistics, I think it's #8 on the highest homicides list (the other 7 below it are not exactly major cities and wouldn't make good GTA locations). It used to be worse, but it's not like it's all-safe now by any means, either. Interesting city though.

Detroit is one of these locations I would love to see in GTA or any properly done open world crime game. Bankrupted city with barely working municipal services and extremely high crime rate would make perfect location for a video game. Places like Hamtramck with its polish immigrants, closed down car plants, trailer parks and districts full of burned down or taken down buildings would create a great atmosphere for such a game.

Problem is that some people would cry again it's dark, grey and boring, though.

And then the downtown area that's trying to be revitalized. It would be interesting to see as a smaller city and one of the few smaller cities (as in, less than 1 million people, Detroit has 672,000 and it's slowly shrinking further) that would make a good location for a GTA.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

yea it would be a good gta setting. i live in michigan unfortunately. it is so cold right now. i hate the cold. i would love to see them recreate detroit and its suburbs. hamtramck would be a cool place to visit. and plus it snows a lot here so the people that love snow in gta o could have it.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I’d like to see a HD modern Vice City and South Florida setting first before anything else to be honest. Modern-day Miami just screams of a typical GTA setting, it’s just one of these things that I feel must be done.

Having said that, I’d like to see Detroit in GTA, but certainly not on its own - I’d love to see a three-city Midwest located map in the style of SA that includes Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland. That would be amazing.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 2 weeks ago.

I’d like to see a HD modern Vice City and South Florida setting first before anything else to be honest. Modern-day Miami just screams of a typical GTA setting, it’s just one of these things that I feel must be done.

Having said that, I’d like to see Detroit in GTA, but certainly not on its own - I’d love to see a three-city Midwest located map in the style of SA that includes Chicago, Detroit, and Cleveland. That would be amazing.

Honestly, I may be biased given that I'm from Chicago (and apologies since I know this is a Detroit thread, but I think anyone from a major city wants theirs to be featured in a GTA), but I wouldn't even mind seeing the Chicago area on its own if they wanted to stick with just one city (just include the countryside off to one side in a similar way to V's map). I'm sure Rockstar would capture the city much better than Ubisoft did with Watch Dogs (they messed up so much as soon as you left downtown).

My question in regards to Detroit though, should Windsor, ON be featured if they did put Detroit in a GTA? Detroit is right across the river from Canada, so this would also make it the first GTA since London 1969/61 to feature a non-US setting.

Gtaman_92
  • Gtaman_92

Securing the bag.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Gtaman_92, 2 weeks ago.

It would be cool to have a Chicago/Detroit setting. R* really needs to do more lesser known cities. America doesn't just revolve around California, New York and Florida.
  • Official General, GTK0HLK and TheOneLibertonian like this

-Anti-
  • -Anti-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I  think having something like Michigans upper peninsula in the game would be a nice contrast to a Rust Belt city like Detroit.

Imo so far SA (and for non GTA  games RDR) was the only game with a map that made you feel like it covers a huge diverse area.

• Official General likes this

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

☠ Soldier ☠

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

That would be a nice stage for a game as GTA but the game would be pure Black gangsters. In Detroit there are no much foreign mafias and gangs. Pure Blacks and drunk Whites. I prefer Los Santos (again), San Fierro of Vice City. Even Las Venturas.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

That would be a nice stage for a game as GTA but the game would be pure Black gangsters. In Detroit there are no much foreign mafias and gangs. Pure Blacks and drunk Whites. I prefer Los Santos (again), San Fierro of Vice City. Even Las Venturas.

This is actually true.

Hence why I’d prefer Chicago to be included because it’s got a good ethnic mix of gangs.

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

This is actually true.

Hence why I’d prefer Chicago to be included because it’s got a good ethnic mix of gangs.

This. While I do think Detroit is a potentially good location for GTA with it's rampant crime and violence together with the ethos of the city's decline from grace with the fall of the automotive industry can be great material for Rockstar to satirize on, but Chicago is a more interesting locale that's larger in scale while maintaining the dreary, industrialized Midwestern atmosphere of Detroit. Chicago simply has a much more interesting history relating to organized crime. The Chicago Mob, the Gangster Disciples, Latin Kings, the amount of homicide killings and burglary, the corrupt gov't and police force, and even more. Chicago is known to be the most violent and gang infested city in America, with murders reaching one of it's highest numbers back in 2016.

Chicago has more reach for pop culture references, more iconic and popular architecture, and a larger variety of ethnicity with a large portion of Asians, Blacks, Latinos, Italian-Americans, together with Whites. While I am not dissing or shaming Detroit, I just find more potential with a Chicago-based setting. 

• Official General likes this

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

☠ Soldier ☠

• Members
  • Spain

Posted A week ago

Indeed. Chicago would be a better place than Detroit for that. You both have explained it very well. However, missing a lot of time to see which city will be. Lately, R* takes a long time to get new games and is frustating for us. That's why I want to other game in Los Santos. They've got the city. They only should make te story.

Yeah! I know I request an impossible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users