Photo

So how was 2017 for you?

70 replies to this topic
Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Old school jams is all i know ;)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by GTA_The_Series, 3 weeks ago.

Hip hop dominating the charts? sorry man but all of this mainstream crap isn't hip hop for me, i don't know what it is but it definitely isn't hip hop  :^:

On topic: this year for me was a big pile of dogsh*t.

Welcome to 2018 homeboy (soon) :p My ass is stuck in the 90's regarding hip-hop. That's just me. Nexy year will be the same. Looks like Kendrick we be the one to save it. Haven't played the radio in some quite time other than playing smooth soul jazz at times.

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Darkshadows, 3 weeks ago.

Hip hop dominating the charts? sorry man but all of this mainstream crap isn't hip hop for me, i don't know what it is but it definitely isn't hip hop  :^:

Welcome to 2018 homeboy (soon) :p My ass is stuck in the 90's regarding hip-hop. That's just me. Nexy year will be the same. Looks like Kendrick we be the one to save it. Haven't played the radio in some quite time other than playing smooth soul jazz at times.

Same for me homie, Kendrick is good but damn i really miss that good old g-funk from the 90's. Since we don't have that kind of music here i just keep repeating some songs on youtube. By the way, i also hope you have a great 2018. 

EDIT: i sound so retarded talking like i was even alive during those times but oh well *shrug* lol

xxi
  • xxi

talk sh*t with the prettiest lips

• Daily Globe
  • Wales
  • The Baddest Female
    Best CL Fan
    Best New Member 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by xxi, 3 weeks ago.

devastating now diana is posting in gen chat tbh.
  • Shaundi., Personal, Skeever and 2 others like this

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

• Members
  • United-States

Same for me homie, Kendrick is good but damn i really miss that good old g-funk from the 90's. Since we don't have that kind of music here i just keep repeating some songs on youtube. By the way, i also hope you have a great 2018. 

EDIT: i sound so retarded talking like i was even alive during those times but oh well *shrug* lol
Don't sweat it. You didn't sound like no fool :pp Most of my young days in the early 90's it consisted of listening to CMW (Comptons Most Wanted) some 2pac and little of NWA along with Kid Frost. Always had my casset player walking around my neighborhood :D

I grew up with way to much old school tracks as a kid in the 90's. As an old fart like my gf tells me :lol: now going in my 30's soon the only thing i listen to these days is nothing but oldies :^: Few old hip hop once in a while. Can't handle the trash they play on the radio these days :v: That's always been me since i was a teen.

OT: Looking back in this last week of 2017 i just remembered more little things i enjoyed this year. As i mentioned last page, i'm really looking foward to the new year :rol:
  • Neon_Dreaming likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Don't sweat it. You didn't sound like no fool :pp Most of my young days in the early 90's it consisted of listening to CMW (Comptons Most Wanted) some 2pac and little of NWA along with Kid Frost. Always had my casset player walking around my neighborhood :D

I grew up with way to much old school tracks as a kid in the 90's. As an old fart like my gf tells me :lol: now going in my 30's soon the only thing i listen to these days is nothing but oldies :^: Few old hip hop once in a while. Can't handle the trash they play on the radio these days :v: That's always been me since i was a teen.

OT: Looking back in this last week of 2017 i just remembered more little things i enjoyed this year. As i mentioned last page, i'm really looking foward to the new year :rol:

Seems like listening to music was a fun part of your childhood huh? It's good to see that the oldschool is still alive thanks to some people  :colgate: I don't like the mainstream radio trash either (real hip hop nowadays comes from underground rappers)

Maybe one day the old style will make a comeback... but until then i'll just keep listening to classics too.

i'm going off topic here lol but tbh i can't say anything else apart from "i hope 2018 is better for me" 

• Big_Smiley likes this

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

• Members
  • United-States

devastating now diana is posting in gen chat tbh.

We can't do sh*t about it unfortunately :facedesk: Wonder how GTAF will be in 2018. New members with funny and liked personalities or more Diana type of sh*t or more Darth members? Only time will tell :dozing:

@DarkShadows: Yes i did fam :^: You can't really expect a vato born from the east side of LA to enjoy bullsh*t like Lil Pumps Gucci Gang. Once i heard that crap playing on the radio i couldn't almost believe it they aired that to the radio. No lyrics whatsoever. But i guess that's the norm and acceptable these days regarding hip-hop and rap smh.
  • Darkshadows likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 3 weeks ago

They played gucci gang on the radio? i'm done lmao 

but now that we're talking about GTAF in 2018... I actually hope that we get another annoying member with some weird fetish like the hunter guy for the online section lol, but this time i want him/her to have a fetish with tuners or something like that.

Since the hunter guy managed to turn GTA into a WW2 bomber zone then i want another person to start a petition for "normal" updates

ShadowPerson
  • ShadowPerson

Intergalatic Empress of Evil.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago

my 2017 in a nutshell

tumblr_mhz1bxa0et1rte9hco1_500.gif

• Star-Lord and Audi like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

its been a decent year for me. its been up and down. it had been depressing. there were a lot of shootings and crap that happened. i dont care about politics so that dosent bother me. i have had some amazing times. i got to do some announcing. i have helped a lot of parents with children with autism. those were some good times. but lately i have been depressed and bored. heres hoping that next year will be better.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Good and horrific. Broke up with a long term GF, (4 years) been through 5 different jobs, found one I really loved and made great friends with everyone there before getting fired over an absolutely bullsh*t reason. I would go to fair work but unfortunately since I was on probation they didn't even need a reason to fire me. Went to a lawyer and everything but I've been told I have no options. My supervisor who got fired over the same incident got paid out 3 weeks and is now taking them to court expecting a nice settlement. Found a some girls I really liked before it ended over various reasons. Spent an obscene amount of money because of how well I was being paid but am now left with no housemates, no job and bills coming in (I do start with a different company in the same position in mid Jan but until then Im struggling.) Made a large amount on cryptocurrency but I'm holding on to that till late next year at least, had some amazing nights out and some nightmarish ones. I'm kind of on a low right now, I have a large house I now need to pay rent on all on my own as everyone moved out just before Christmas for different reasons, my car died yesterday morning, and had a long talk with a girl I was seeing and really into disagree on something quite fundamental and have decided to part ways for now. Lost close friends and gained others. Just way too many great highs and severe lows. Its been the hardest year of my life and I'm praying 2018 is a bit more stable for me.

way over sharing but im drunk and f*ck that company and f*ck the police. this is why I got fired. Merry Christmas.
[img[/img]

Funny you posted that. I had a friend who worked for Rope Access in Canberra a few years ago, his name was Lewis. You put in windows etc right? 

As for myself, well I have been living in Finland for 18 months I had a really great time. I met a beautiful girl there I thought I would spend the rest of my life with, she was out of my league actually, big time, best girl I have ever dated. Unfortunately I moved back to Australia for the next 6 months for work and we agreed on not doing long distance but keeping in contact, and see what the situation is later.
We didn't ever have issues when we were together but just got into really horrible arguments since I left over text. She seems to have changed her attitude towards me and I maintain that she was starting them, but there is two sides to it, I am guilty of continuing them. Anywho, I told her we shouldn't talk for a while since I can't take the stress, let it cool off until we can talk about it, she agreed so I blocked her. That really sucks right now. But everything else is going great. I had a fantastic year with her and so many new experiences, picked up my Finnish again, traveled about Europe, made new friends, improved my mind, it's great otherwise :)

• unopieceo likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

The Good

• Got to gain some more work experience, which is helpful
  • Did well on final exams a few weeks ago, which is also helpful
  • Went to the theater for the first time in ages over the summer and enjoyed it

The Bad

• I felt way too stressed out over a number of things
  • I got sick way too many times in the span of a year (due to airborne germs on public transportation and a case of food poisoning at one point). Maybe my immune system was compromised due to the stress?

I know I had more good and bad moments, but the year overall felt really sh*tty to me, and I'm really looking forward to 2018!

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

It was sh*t.
  • anubis., JON22 and Sauce béarnaise like this

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Bad- Hurricane Harvey flooded our whole house and lost everything - Donald trump - red dead got delayed

Good- New Big house and new cars - upcoming father - no family deaths
  • ShadowPerson likes this

anubis.
  • anubis.

nihil timendum est

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Warlord., 3 weeks ago.

Pretty f*cking terrible tbh. One of the worst I've ever had actually.

The bad stuff is also the good though, grew so much as a person in this one year. sh*t was like an accelerated degree hahaha.

Here's to 2018!

Pic related

25151842_1826870454038008_10031243144612

• Star-Lord and rampage08 like this

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Funny you posted that. I had a friend who worked for Rope Access in Canberra a few years ago, his name was Lewis. You put in windows etc right?

Never window installation mostly cleaning, painting and occasionally repairs, thats a funny coincidence but I never heard of a Lewis being there past or present. Is he a rock climber by any chance? There used to be a few of those there
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'll tell you when it's over.
  • Star-Lord likes this

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freeroam Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

Just received my academic dismissal letter, so disastrous.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Never window installation mostly cleaning, painting and occasionally repairs, thats a funny coincidence but I never heard of a Lewis being there past or present. Is he a rock climber by any chance? There used to be a few of those there

Yeah he is haha

• unopieceo likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Pretty sh*t to be honest. A lot of it's too personal to discuss on here. Hopefully 2018 looks up as this year has been a downer for me in general with very few good points.

• anubis. and Sauce béarnaise like this

anubis.
  • anubis.

nihil timendum est

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

For not showing up to class? Or did you flunk classes?

I have experience with the latter and they had a discussion with me first where I told them I'll get my sh*t together, and I did. Can you set up a meeting with the people involved?

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 2 weeks ago

Overall great, I even lost weight. And yet I feel like 2018 is only uphill from here.

DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin
  • DrRumpleSweatyForeSkin

Jet Lover & Freeroam Terrorist Since 2013

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 2 weeks ago

For not showing up to class? Or did you flunk classes?

I have experience with the latter and they had a discussion with me first where I told them I'll get my sh*t together, and I did. Can you set up a meeting with the people involved?

I withdrew from a class that I wasn't doing well in while being on academic restriction. I'm going to write an appeal letter and if approved I can apply for classes in the Spring Semester.

• anubis. and THC like this

anubis.
  • anubis.

nihil timendum est

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Good luck man. I was in a similar situation at one point and it sucked. Helped motivate me to evaluate what I really wanted to do at uni though.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah he is haha

Haha cool, yeah we probably know some people that know eachother, small world.

purevil101
  • purevil101

Homeboy

• Members
  • Afghanistan

Posted 2 weeks ago

It's been a mixed bag.   Family deaths and finding out I robbed a old friend 20 years ago.   

2018 is going to be fun.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 weeks ago

2017 was pretty great for me personally.

sh/t year for the country, sh/t year for the world, but good for me  :pp 

Chiari
  • Chiari

Russian Bump Stocks Can't Melt Steel Beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

A thrill from 1/1 to 12/31. 17 put Trump in the White House and Heffner in the grave. 10/10. It's a shame Heffner can only croak once but at least our boy can be elected twice.

As for me, I got to end 17 on vacation in Punta Cana, which was a blast.

Reameb
  • Reameb

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

For me 2017 was actually good, for the most part! Did very good at uni, earned more money, improving myself, went to many places, enjoyed driving...

The only bad part of the year was "losing" my best "friend" since he simply forgot about me / ditched me. And that it was pretty busy year!

Other than that, did very good this year, so hope 2018 is even better, and i hope this new year is good for all of you!

Oh, also, happy new year ! :^)

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Absolutely awful, as always.

No high hopes for 2018 honestly.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster in Technology / Programming 2017
    Best Poster [Technology / Programming] 2016
    Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 2 weeks ago

On the net, 2017 was a year I could've done without. But it started improving by the end, so if the trajectory keeps up, I am cautiously optimistic about 2018.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users