Quantcast

» «
Photo

So, what do you think about the new radio station?

46 replies to this topic
Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

The music is sh*t and the hosts aren't clever or funny at all. If I wanted to hear that crap I'd just watch some bullsh*t live streamer adlibbing smartarse remarks. It has about the same level of integrity.

• Hmmm nice bike likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Meh, they could add new songs to existing radio stations.

They really should have just done this. Add more variety to stations that already exist instead of adding the third radio station of its kind (they may as well have stuck the new songs on The Lab or FlyLo FM, but I guess they were desperate to give Frank Ocean his own radio station)

The music is sh*t and the hosts aren't clever or funny at all. If I wanted to hear that crap I'd just watch some bullsh*t live streamer adlibbing smartarse remarks. It has about the same level of integrity.

That was kind of how I felt about The Lab. And most of the dialogue on the radio stations in the game. I'm sure most probably didn't come up with their own material, so what was written for them was really lame (especially Kenny Loggins' dialogue, what a waste of a casting)

JoeMamma81
  • JoeMamma81

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Not a fan of it, myself.  I'm just happy they added some kind of new radio station!  They need some kind of modern rock station.  I LOVE the Rock station, myself....but I wish they had some kind of newer rock, instead of 70s/80s rock.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Deadman2112, A week ago.

I wish that console games allowed the user to play custom songs the way PC does

TheOneLibertonian
  • TheOneLibertonian

Only those who die get closure, the living do not.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted A week ago

I like Frank Ocean and the music is pretty good, but the genre of the station is already covered up by The Lab and Worldwide FM. I'd rather see a Hard Rock station like K-DST, or Liberty Rock Radio from TLAD. GTA V has a fantastic soundtrack, but a hardcore rock station is severely lacking. Having Black Sabbath, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, and Led Zeppelin within the GTA V soundscape would make V's soundtrack match the greatness that is Vice City's soundtrack.

• Cutter De Blanc, JoeMamma81 and GTA-Biker like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A week ago

I have to say, that Know Ya Wrong song is just sh*t. Absolute and utter sh*t. It's f*cking garbage, probably the worst song on the soundtrack. It sounds like it's sh*tty on purpose too, like it's supposed to sound like that and it doesn't make it better, just more obnoxious. I don't know who Schoolboy Q is, but f*ck that guy.

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

That was kind of how I felt about The Lab. And most of the dialogue on the radio stations in the game. I'm sure most probably didn't come up with their own material, so what was written for them was really lame (especially Kenny Loggins' dialogue, what a waste of a casting)

I actually kinda liked Kenny Loggins. He came across as someone who did too many drugs and shows and ended up living permanently on cloud nine. I thought it was entertaining at least. Made me smile a few times.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by Hmmm nice bike, A week ago.

I dunno, I just found his style of DJ to be annoying. I kind of preferred Iggy Pop's not-give-a-f*ck attitude in IV, as well as Juliette Lewis on Radio Broker. But at least Kenny Loggins wasn't Lazlow, who I didn't find funny at all this time around. Ron's show got annoying about as fast as real life conspiracy radio hosts annoy me (though maybe that was the purpose), and I thought J.B. Smoove's radio character, the new age host on WCTR, was also a waste of a casting (I'd rather they had gotten Larry David to co-host with him and also write the content, probably would have been 10x funnier than the random sh*t he spewed that was written by Rockstar themselves).

Shinola Gamer
  • Shinola Gamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

So this one is not in last gen like The Lab?

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted A week ago Edited by DangerZ0neX, A week ago.

I like the R&B and Indie songs provided there as well as Jay Z's song (even though it felt out of place), but I hated the mumblerap. The choice of instruments were weird and inconsistent, I had no idea what they were rapping about because they were mumbling words in different pitches and voices, and it just didn't sound appealing to me. At all.

It's like they took the absolute best things that the LowDown and WorldWide had to offer, and then combined them with the worst things that Radio Los Santos and FlyLo FM offered. I wanted the 90's rock that was planned in the alpha build of the game, that would've been so much cooler.

• Hmmm nice bike, Cutter De Blanc and GTA-Biker like this

GTA-Biker
  • GTA-Biker

Let's Rock

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted A week ago

It's terrible. I think the most requested genre I saw personally was metal, but they added another sh*tty modern rap station with a couple good 70s tracks sprinkled in. 

I agree with this 100%.I was personally hoping they would make a radio station that plays classic hard rock and metal (something like LRR from GTA 4 and EFLC, KDST from GTA SA or V-Rock from GTA VC and VCS),but instead I got another station that mostly plays modern rap.Those 70s soul songs they also put on this station are good,but I'm not gonna sit through a bunch of mumble rap just to hear them.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted A week ago

I don't mind it but I really think it would've been better if they asked Frank to not pick any songs past the year 2014 (the year of some tracks in the next gen/PC version)[I also don't count songs on The Lab since they are compromised of tracks made specifically for the game], since in Single Player it just feels jarring having all the stations cap out at 2013/2014 and then you've got ONE station busting songs out from 2017.
  • Cutter De Blanc, slimeball supreme, Zello and 1 other like this

Extra Dip
  • Extra Dip

I don't really care with my username

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 days ago

Well... I miss Vladivostok FM.

• Sonny F and universetwisters like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 days ago

Realized that they could take almost all the songs on this station, and just put them on other stations and they would be fine, all except maybe the Frank Ocean stuff

Lil_Bill_937
  • Lil_Bill_937

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Lil_Bill_937, 2 days ago.

Its lame. The songs should go to pre existing stations.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A day ago

If I wanted to listen to like six songs by Frank Ocean I'd just buy a f*cking Frank Ocean album.

• Lil_Bill_937 likes this

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I know it's just 6 Frank Ocean songs of his on a station of about 28, but he's also one of the hosts and it overall felt like it was a big promo for him and the real-life Blonded Radio (an online radio show he created and hosted with the other guys from the GTA radio station). And to think I thought two Bob Seger songs on LSRR was too many.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users