Quantcast

» «
Photo

So, what do you think about the new radio station?

46 replies to this topic
Sonny F
  • Sonny F

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Sonny3787, 4 weeks ago.

I mean, not the radio station itself, which is pretty good actually, but the fact there is FINALLY something new in Singleplayer? Don't you think it is a step forward? I know the whole Doomsday Update was supposed to be released for Singleplayer (http://comicbook.com...e-player-dlc-v/), but at least they BEGAN TO THINK about releasing something for SP!

• Darealbandicoot likes this

NeonDolphin
  • NeonDolphin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Marshall-Islands

Posted 4 weeks ago

First half is great, second (with modern cRap tRap) is not.

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

The only reasons it's in single player is because it can't be monetised and they probably can't make radio stations exclusive to online. A thing that kind of irks me is that the ads are all for online vehicles like the yosemite or the new comet.
  • Ivan1997GTA likes this

D4PLK
  • D4PLK

Rat

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

My opinion only and maybe it's to do with my age. But I think the new station is absolute rubbish! All the songs are awful. And to make things worse it's the default station for all the new heist setups etc.
  • M*A*R*I*N*A and KADENZA like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 4 weeks ago.

I'm ecstatic to see Rockstar gave us DLC for Single player after 3 years even if it wasn't a major story mode expansion. I thought Story mode would never see new content again after 2015.

For the radio content itself? I don't know why they spent money licensing these tracks when there are a lot of music styles still yet to be covered in this soundtrack. The music here feels like FlyLo 2.0.

• KADENZA likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Chief Keef didn't lie he said he was going to be in GTA V way back in 2012 lol.
  • (Ambient) and Piggsy pls like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I haven't heard it yet because I have yet to download the update. I need to see if the newest version of ScripthookV has been released yet before I do.

What kind of music is it?

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its fine from what I heard but they should have added something more unique. Synthwave or Metal would have been a better choice as they both feel very different and unique compared to the other radios in the game.

• B Dawg, GTA-Biker, eCola and 3 others like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 4 weeks ago

I haven't heard it yet because I have yet to download the update. I need to see if the newest version of ScripthookV has been released yet before I do.

What kind of music is it?

Find out for yourself Here

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by ChiroVette, 4 weeks ago.

Edit:

Okay cool its not just a rap station. Checking it out now!

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 4 weeks ago.

Its fine from what I heard but they should have added something more unique. Synthwave or Metal would have been a better choice as they both feel very different and unique compared to the other radios in the game.

Very true. How many radios are there in GTAV that have this experimental rap and grime sound?

FlyLo

The Lab

Some sections of Worldwide

And now we have this one. It kind of seems like they could've all been combined together into a singular station, with varying sectional mixes to accommodate the different DJs. It would've saved redundancy. And mouse wheels.  :lol:

• Hmmm nice bike, B Dawg, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 3 others like this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 3 weeks ago.

I feel like "When Did You Stop Loving Me, When Did I Stop Loving You" is a message to the longtime fans of this series.

"We really lied, didn't we baby?"
  • Darealbandicoot and Heavy Duty Ziplock like this

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

Past crimes: Witchcraft, Stealing fire from the gods

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Galehaut, 3 weeks ago.

To get griefed, stare at loading screens for hours or even "work"? No thanks.

then play Online alone ? 

/problem solved

And that's a gross exaggeration like always. I tested hundreds of mmorpgs and online games in the last 15 years. Gta : online is far from being the best to prevent griefing but it's also not the worst at all. 

Can other players prevent you to actually progress in the game ? The answer is no. You can easily find a group online that hold friendly sessions in permanence , kicking random players who just join to mess around. There are many ways to mitigate and even avoid completely griefers so it's a non-issue in itself , even though i always advocate to give more connection options to the players. ( Solo sessions shouldn't be that limited. )

You can do most of the Online Missions alone while the story missions ( Like Heists or Lamar story missions ) are locked to teams. none of them are required to advance in GTA : online. You could race all the time and only make money/RP  whiling racing alone if you'd want.

The loading screen problem is something they could have fixed easily by adding a manual button to disconnect. It occurs when your client fails to connect to a session and since it's a peer to peer game with people from all around the world , sometimes it does a very bad job at choosing the right session to connect to.

When i load for more than 15 seconds , i just activate my own disconnect button which alt my connection to GTAV for about 8 seconds. then when it comes back , the game loads instantly in my own session instead of staying on the infinite loading screen forever or until it disconnects itself from the unreachable peer.

There's absolutely no reasons to miss on such a fantastic game if you already own GTAV and loved the story line. Hey they even added Old school Hiphop on Blonded ! I'm having San andreas flash backs here.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

silly_nate
  • silly_nate

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I saw a comment on Facebook, someone was upset about not having the new content in SP. There was a reply, "Did SP not get the new radio station?"
🙄
Jetpack, new vehicles, revolver > new music

Galehaut
  • Galehaut

Past crimes: Witchcraft, Stealing fire from the gods

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Galehaut, 3 weeks ago.

I saw a comment on Facebook, someone was upset about not having the new content in SP. There was a reply, "Did SP not get the new radio station?"

Jetpack, new vehicles, revolver > new music

Jetpack is completely over-rated. I would have prefered a proper jetman suit , at least the physics would have been a lot more fun to control instead of a boring glorified mini-chopper.

• Heavy Duty Ziplock likes this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 3 weeks ago

I sincerely think the radio station is in SP simply because they didnt have the tools to directly block it from SP without having to touch old code, rework a few things or simply because of licences infringements (after all, GTAV and Online is just one game/executable). I might (and hope) to be wrong though.
  • Kajjy likes this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't like it as much as I liked The Lab but new content for SP is always welcomed.

KADENZA
  • KADENZA

侍の精神

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

This radio station is a waste of time and money. They should gather their teams to improve the confusing/weak AI and fix the numerous bugs left in the game. Honestly, that something new in single player is a small step forward. Let's face it ... It's been a couple of years and they haven't really cared about SP. But in a way, I believe that the majority of players won't care much, after the story is complete.

Hey they even added Old school Hiphop on Blonded ! I'm having San andreas flash backs here.

San Andreas took place in 1992. Most of the tracks on Blonded were released one to two decades after the early 1990's. Why have they added the Marvin Gay and Curtis Mayfield songs there? They could have added them on The Lowdown as it would have been more appropriate. To me, Radio Los Santos in GTA San Andreas and West Coast Classics in GTA V are a pleasurable listening experience of superior quality.

• B Dawg and GTA-Biker like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 3 weeks ago.

And that's a gross exaggeration like always. I tested hundreds of mmorpgs and online games in the last 15 years. Gta : online is far from being the best to prevent griefing but it's also not the worst at all. 

Can other players prevent you to actually progress in the game ? The answer is no. You can easily find a group online that hold friendly sessions in permanence , kicking random players who just join to mess around. There are many ways to mitigate and even avoid completely griefers so it's a non-issue in itself , even though i always advocate to give more connection options to the players. ( Solo sessions shouldn't be that limited. )

You can do most of the Online Missions alone while the story missions ( Like Heists or Lamar story missions ) are locked to teams. none of them are required to advance in GTA : online. You could race all the time and only make money/RP  whiling racing alone if you'd want.

The loading screen problem is something they could have fixed easily by adding a manual button to disconnect. It occurs when your client fails to connect to a session and since it's a peer to peer game with people from all around the world , sometimes it does a very bad job at choosing the right session to connect to.

When i load for more than 15 seconds , i just activate my own disconnect button which alt my connection to GTAV for about 8 seconds. then when it comes back , the game loads instantly in my own session instead of staying on the infinite loading screen forever or until it disconnects itself from the unreachable peer.

There's absolutely no reasons to miss on such a fantastic game if you already own GTAV and loved the story line. Hey they even added Old school Hiphop on Blonded ! I'm having San andreas flash backs here.

Last time I tried actually playing the game it was a huge downgrade from what I was used to. I don't like depending on others to enjoy the game and that is why Online can't scratch the itch of playing GTA.

And why exactly do I have to do all the things you said when this game should have been fixed 4 years ago? Why don't they add AI bots to make players like my self enjoy the game solo? Raise the payouts and make the game not feel like work, fix the loading screens, make it solo friendly and I would give it another go. Until then they can shove the mode up their ass. The fact you have to keep kicking players and not "play the game the way its meant to be played" makes GTAO a bad replacement for the single player.

• Misunderstood likes this

JRC99
  • JRC99

Needs a V8 in his Dakota

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's terrible. I think the most requested genre I saw personally was metal, but they added another sh*tty modern rap station with a couple good 70s tracks sprinkled in. 

• Hmmm nice bike, Cutter De Blanc, GTA-Biker and 1 other like this

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Audio Mixing Department =/= Coders for AI or Online.
  • Yinepi likes this

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hey they even added Old school Hiphop on Blonded ! I'm having San andreas flash backs here.

Old school southern hip hop, the precursor to all the trap bs we have nowadays.

Dead Presidents from Jay-Z definitely gives me some San Andreas flash backs from that radio station "Playback FM"

Shinola Gamer
  • Shinola Gamer

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

is this radio station in single player?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yes it is.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I haven't downloaded the update yet, but I see that Alex just updated ScripthookV. So I assume that if I apply the update to the game, will this radio station just automatically be in my game?

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

I haven't downloaded the update yet, but I see that Alex just updated ScripthookV. So I assume that if I apply the update to the game, will this radio station just automatically be in my game?

Yes. It will be added to radio wheel.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's terrible. I think the most requested genre I saw personally was metal, but they added another sh*tty modern rap station with a couple good 70s tracks sprinkled in. 

This. It was playing "So In Love" by Curtis Mayfield when I first listened to it, and at first I thought they added some kind of 70s station. Nope, it turned into sh*t after that. Would it have killed them to just come up with a new genre rather than making another station that sounds like FlyLo FM and The Lab? Metal, 90s and early 00s alternative (like the cut PMR station was going to feature), or even if they added something random like Korean pop music I wouldn't complain because at least they would have tried doing something new that doesn't sound like two other radio stations already in the game.

• Cutter De Blanc, JRC99 and GTA-Biker like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Since I'm not popular, I'll post on a video game forum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Okay, I'm way late to the party, but I only just found out about this recently (haven't exactly been keeping up with GTA news), and promptly downloaded the update. First of all, it's really cool getting new content for single player. Yeah, there's so much more they could've added, but I'll take what I can get.

As for the station itself? I've listened to it a little bit, and so far, meh. Nothing's really stood out for me aside from the classic soul tracks, and it just feels redundant. It basically feels like another Flylo or The Lab, and most of these songs could have just been added to those stations easily. And I really rather would have seen something different, like a proper metal station, or maybe even another station that plays only ambient stuff (think basically any artist featured in the Hotline Miami soundtracks). But even with all that said, I feel there's always room for more music in GTA V. (I remember back in 2013 feeling that the radio stations were way too repetitive... well, they certainly fixed that problem, haha.)

And while I have yet to actually hear it in-game, the fact that it includes "Dead Presidents II" nets it like a million brownie points from me. That's my favorite Jay-Z song, which of course means it's one of my favorite songs by any rapper, and it's so great having it in a game. It would have fit IV way better, but I'm so happy to have it in a game like this nonetheless.

• Sonny F likes this

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Meh, they could add new songs to existing radio stations.

if the new radio station was something extraordinary, they wouldn't put it on singleplayer.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Old school southern hip hop, the precursor to all the trap bs we have nowadays.

Dead Presidents from Jay-Z definitely gives me some San Andreas flash backs from that radio station "Playback FM"
More like Game Radio from GTA III or Liberty Jam from LCS.
  • Cutter De Blanc likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users