Facility Strike Teams

67 replies to this topic
Flyin_Japman
  • Flyin_Japman

Grove Street OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Yep. It's better to send a squad, then run to the lounge to watch them on the TV. Last night there was a car meet at the LSIA. First time I EVER saw one of those that didn't end in blood shed. Sent a couple teams to annoy them. Was funny to see them all enjoy the car show, then get gunned down by random NPCs.

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Em

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted A day ago Edited by FukNRekd, A day ago.

I targeted and watched a guy doing exec search and was able to tell people where he was LOL.

Probably works for ghost orgs and akulas too. Great tool with friends.

Took out the same guy 6 times with them, was level 120 or so. They didn't fail once, wave after wave. Hilarity ensued.

I tried a level 3 strike on a griefer that was EWOing after every kill. It wouldn't let me spectate likely because he killed himself every few seconds. But 5 minutes later I got the notice the strike team took him out. Then I jumped in my avenger and parked above the area he was griefing and bombed him into mush before his Starlite buddy shot one of my propellers off and I had to EWO. LOL.

Gonna have some good times with that strike team, I can tell.

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Praise The Moon

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

I sent a level 3 after someone last night, he went in an ammunation and it said the team failed :/
Reading what FukNRekt said, can anyone test if you can see people with the Surveillance option of Orbital Cannon during Executive Search?

LordLoff
  • LordLoff

MC Biker

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted A day ago Edited by LordLoff, A day ago.

IMO setting regular bounties on someone is still the most effective method compared to the rest.

I've had a Strike Team sent after me, and they were very persistent--more attempts (at least 7-8?) made on the player than the generic Mercs, and they come slightly better equipped/armored. (Note to self: get screenshots next time).

But(!) they still lack a means of attacking the player in either the water or the air. That should be fixed if R* really wants to improve them--would be a piece of cake to do (just switch the Merryweather "Backup Helicopter" already in-game to attack you in a Buzzard, instead of defending you.)

That said, they're still pretty easy to beat if you're in a decent location and/or have a minute or two to get ready for their arrival. RPGs FTW. They're about at the level of the NPCs that attack you when doing Import/Export missions.

If you want to have some fun with them, just head for the nearest police station the second you get the notification, and get the LSPD on your side. Kick back, get out the popcorn, and sell tickets to the ensuing carnage. lol

...just don't try and "help" the cops, or they'll turn on you. :)

Edit: Just noticed there are three(!) levels of Strike Team:

1) Send a Strike Team equipped with pistols to hunt down a target of your choice. (Free)
2) Send a highly skilled Strike Team equipped with Special Carbines to hunt down a target of your choice. ($2,000)
3) Send a highly skilled Strike Team equipped with Special Carbines and Assault Shotguns (geez) to hunt down a target of your choice. ($5,000)

I forgot the first paid one was so cheap, have to try that one but yes, air and water must be included, I always have to choose victims that are moving slow to make sure they will not just fly by

It is also a way to learn some tricks, I had the chance to observe, before the strike team arrives, some cool battle tactics of tryhards against other players and special tricks of Deluxors/Oppressors drivers

Quite amusing but sometimes quite instructive

Flyin_Japman
  • Flyin_Japman

Grove Street OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I wish there was an airborne strike team to handle people in aircraft or flying vehicles.

• PetrolCB likes this

Piro
  • Piro

Pilot // The Lazlow Show fan

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Photoshop Winner

Posted 13 hours ago

I wish there was an airborne strike team to handle people in aircraft or flying vehicles.

I always wanted to request UFO abductions. Grifer gets abducted from his vehicle and wakes up naked and drunk in the middle of nowhere. 

• Jimbatron likes this

ronbonjovi
  • ronbonjovi

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 8 hours ago

I always wanted to request UFO abductions. Grifer gets abducted from his vehicle and wakes up naked and drunk in the middle of nowhere. 

I'd pay good money for this.

• LordLoff likes this

fiill
  • fiill

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 hours ago

Dont they use the locking homing rockets? Pretty sure I sent even a level 1 squad after a guy and they shot him out of the sky (low flying buzzard). Although that was like the second or third time I had sent them

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users