Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is your opinion on GTA V

72 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinion on GTA V (118 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your opinion on GTA V

1. A beautiful, amazing, well-written, masterpiece (22 votes [18.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.64%

2. A good GTA game (21 votes [17.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.80%

3. A good game, but average for GTA game (15 votes [12.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.71%

4. A game with a lot of unused potential (50 votes [42.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.37%

5. A bad game (2 votes [1.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.69%

6. A game with a lot of flaws (5 votes [4.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.24%

7. A flawed masterpiece with unused potential (3 votes [2.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.54%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia
  • Super Snitch Deadass 2018

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:29 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 23 December 2017 - 04:53 AM.

For me GTA V is an amazing, beautiful, well-written masterpiece

What is your opinion on GTA V? Answer Below

Let's keep it civilized people, no flaming :)
  • ChiroVette and GTAFanClub like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:36 AM

For a game, very good. For a GTA, pretty mediocre.
  • Lioshenka, CartmanKusanagi, Light Syde Riandy and 3 others like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:56 AM

A good game, but average for GTA game.

On PC with mods, it's a very good game.

• Hot Pursuit likes this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:22 AM Edited by anthony, 22 December 2017 - 12:48 PM.

As a game, it's good; but as a GTA I would say it's mediocre to me, somehow they manage to throw all this development money I do not know where, they had such a freakin huge opportunity imo.

As for the mods, I agree with Am Shaegar; you can definitely enjoy the game as you wish on PC with mods, there is not "everything and anything" but there is plenty enough I think.
  • CartmanKusanagi, Arrows to Athens and Hot Pursuit like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Egypt

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

I have mixed feeling about it. It some aspects this game is spectacular. In other aspects it feels pretty subpar with quality GTA seems reputable for. The overall offering is good, but leaves much to be desired, and had these desires been sated it would have definitely deserved the 10 rating.

• anthony, CartmanKusanagi, GrudgefromSanAndreas and 1 other like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

GTA IV sh*ts on it.

• anthony, CartmanKusanagi, Journey_95 and 2 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:36 AM Edited by Tycek, 22 December 2017 - 09:37 AM.

Game with a lot of wasted potential. R* with all its knowledge, experience, money and available power could create the masterpiece that would last more than a decade. Masterpiece that would make me forget about GTA IV or any previous GTA up do date. Instead for unknown reasons they decided to create a mediocrity, which fire died after two playthroughs and doesn't want to come back. Instead of single player mode worth every money, we got crappy story serving only as an aperitif to main dish full of grind and microtransactions. 

• anthony, CartmanKusanagi, Light Syde Riandy and 1 other like this

Mannoroth
  • Mannoroth

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:05 AM

GTA 5 is nothing but a combination of GTA 4 and GTA San Andreas. It's better than GTA 4, but not that better like GTA San Andreas. They added something new, but they also removed something to not make it the best game ever. And the biggest joke for me is the fact both darts and pool are in GTA 5, but you can't play pool, while in GTA 4, you have both as well and you can play both as well...

So GTA San Andreas is still the best GTA and with the Deezire's and Crspy's mod of bringing all the possible beta things back + something extra, it's the best GTA ever.

• anthony, Light Syde Riandy, Hot Pursuit and 1 other like this

Big_Smiley
  • Big_Smiley

Big Homeboy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:18 AM

Game with a with a sh*t tone of unused potential. Games good for what we got. No matter what people say about it's story whether is complete sh*t or not you can't deny how good this game looked even on last-gen consoles. The detail was what got my attention into playing V. The detail was spot on :^:

Content wise, R* can kindly go f*ck themselves for ruining V's content potential. Sure make the entire game online based, why not. F*ck SP players anyway -R* sh*t logic :r*:
  • anthony, theGTAking101, Light Syde Riandy and 1 other like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

Good game with wasted potential. Had the SP dlc come out, the game would have become one of the best GTA's. Up there with IV/SA/VC but as we all know, greed destroyed the potential it had. Just imagine if the game had some of the things you have in GTAO in story mode. The game just didn't feel complete, it felt that way after the release hype and it still does now that we have checked the game files and found leftovers of content that were coming. You could see they had plans for something special and that would have made the game so much better.

Just the 3 DLC's that were supposed to happen would have turned this game into a masterpiece. 

-A story dlc that would have continued the game and fixed some of the loose ends and plot holes.

-Alien Warfare dlc that many people back from the San Andreas times wanted and even made mods about.

-A Zombie dlc that fans are itching for since Vice City. 

What a shame.

• Tycek, Yinepi and Hot Pursuit like this

MARKUS.
  • MARKUS.

Markos Dangerous

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:18 AM

Game world is beautiful, mass and diverse. A sprawling, satirical re-imagining of modern Southern California. Covering mountains and oceans, expensive stores and strip malls, urban decay and untouched wilderness, beaches and backwoods, the sublime and the ridiculous, greed and hypocrisy.

• theGTAking101, Hot Pursuit and Wingate167 like this

Electrochoc
  • Electrochoc

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:21 AM Edited by Electrochoc, 22 December 2017 - 11:21 AM.

Good game but could be better.

Map is big but you can't interact with most of the parts.

I loved how GTA SA has lots of interiors. It makes me exploring the whole map to see new places.

• Lioshenka, anthony, CartmanKusanagi and 2 others like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:23 PM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 22 December 2017 - 12:45 PM.

Even though sometimes I might be harsh with my criticisms when I put all of that aside and judge it with a clear mind its a very good game. In many ways Id consider it to be a technical marvel with amazing visuals, attention to detail etc.

It just falls short of being great IMO. If the story, characters, missions, side missions etc were more to my tastes Id place it with GTA IV and Vice City as one of my favourite GTAs.

It boggles my mind when people say its one of the worst games ever made because it clearly isnt however for me personally it doesnt fully use the potential its capable of and I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I mostly blame the focus on GTAO for that.

A single player DLC would go along way to perhaps fix some of the imperfections the game has. I dont have an issue with anyone who considers its great and/or a masterpiece. Just isnt for me.
  • ChiroVette, Tycek, Journey_95 and 4 others like this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:57 PM

Honestly, V is a good game, but average for a GTA game. It still hasn't hit me like VC, SA, VCS or IV (and Episodes) have hit me and I doubt I'll ever love it as much as them. But that's fine, it's still a fun, enjoyable game on its own merits, it's just my cup of tea. The modding community for the game is f*cking amazing and allows for endless opportunities and to fix some of R*'s mistakes (locking interiors :/). 

My problem comes from my biggest issue with the game: It tries to be a compromise between SA and IV. This, in my opinion, is the biggest thing that held the game back from being a masterpiece. Still, it'll be very interesting to replay the game and FINALLY beat it to 100% but I must first complete LCS, VCS, IV, Episodes and Chinatown Wars before I get to that D:

• ChiroVette, Algonquin Assassin, anthony and 4 others like this

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

Honestly, V is a good game, but average for a GTA game. It still hasn't hit me like VC, SA, VCS or IV (and Episodes) have hit me and I doubt I'll ever love it as much as them. But that's fine, it's still a fun, enjoyable game on its own merits, it's just my cup of tea. The modding community for the game is f*cking amazing and allows for endless opportunities and to fix some of R*'s mistakes (locking interiors :/). 

My problem comes from my biggest issue with the game: It tries to be a compromise between SA and IV. This, in my opinion, is the biggest thing that held the game back from being a masterpiece. Still, it'll be very interesting to replay the game and FINALLY beat it to 100% but I must first complete LCS, VCS, IV, Episodes and Chinatown Wars before I get to that D:

Imagine someone like me who love, somehow realist, violent and graphic shootouts, someone who basically love MP3 and RDR for that..

Then GTA 5...f*cking yeah thanks the modding community for fixing the game.

Failure
  • Failure

Oh sh*t

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Yemen

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

Lots of unused potential, especially with regards to map, characters, story, cars and side-content. 

Stunning visuals aside, there's nothing "revolutionary" about this game. This is quite bad, considering that this is the second most expensive game to be developed, and most of all, this is a game by Rockstar. The story is awful at best, characters are mediocre, the satire and 'comedy' is abhorrent, the vehicles could've been given more effort and the map feels extremely wasteful. Side content is woefully bad. Letter scraps? Seriously? Haven't the pigeons taught them anything? And the reward for wasting your life collecting the letter scraps is just another forgettable S&F mission (aka glorified cutscene). 

Let's talk about the characters. Remember Martin Madrazo? The guy who was introduced as the bada** cartel boss with a doctorate in criminal intimidation? Wasted potential as an antagonist, as he himself is better than the clowns you kill in ending C. What about the biker Johnny? Why did he get that s***ty death? Why couldn't they design a string of missions showing a brutal Lost MC- TP Enterprises gang war, culminating in Trevor killing Klebitz in a shoot-out? Nope. They had to ruin one of their masterpiece of a story to prove that Trevor wasn't a baby. Michael in the reveal trailer looks nothing like Michael in the game. Why does Michael have to be a whiny idiot suffering a mid-life crisis with a dysfunctional family who runs to Lester every time he meets a problem? Franklin is just like CJ - a clueless whining naive moron. The side characters don't do any justice as well. Literally every character is a stereotype. Absolutely no one is likeable. 

TBH vehicles were disappointing from the beginning. I won't be talking about the physics, which are crap anyway. Aside from the Oracle, Coquette, Carbonizzare, Buffalo S, Fugitive, Schwartzer and some other vehicles, none of the new vehicles which came with the game were perfectly done. They either had s***y handling specs, reused engine sounds, reused and sometimes completely out-of-place interiors or were completely butchered by the team trying to make one car imitate three real-world counterparts. Now I bring this up because, looking at the new DLC vehicles for GTA Online, with vehicles having their own specific engine sounds, correct handling files, and most of all, unique interiors which come close to the real-world. We get a plethora of weapons, but tbh all of them feel and sound the same. There's no point owning a Desert Eagle, because your standard pistol can kill someone with a shot to the thighs. Gunfighting is horrible, just like the hand-to-hand combat.

Even if everything is bad, the game could have redeemed itself by being mod-friendly. But thanks to V's parasitic cousin GTA Online, it isn't. On the topic of Online, if all the content like Bikers, F&F, Import/Export and Gunrunning were added to the story mode, it would've redeemed the game's flaw of poor quality side-missions. Not being mod-friendly severly eroded the game's life-span. I personally know no one who plays GTA V everyday. 

Now there are some things which make it a great game, like the comparatively less problematic PC version, interesting dialogue, soundtrack, music, graphics and visuals. But these things don't make it a great GTA game, as it lacks on several important criteria which constitute a great GTA game. I don't see how a SP DLC, which unless it completely overhauls the game's engine and physics, can change anything, especially if all it's just a stupid  mission pack with a stupid alien invasion storyline. 

V isn't a bad game. It's a good game, a great game even for that matter. But in terms of being a GTA game, it's just a bit below the line.

tl;dr It just feels like the game tried to be a bit of everything, and failed badly in most of them.

• Tycek, anthony, Journey_95 and 4 others like this

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:03 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 22 December 2017 - 04:06 PM.

I voted for #1, "A beautiful, amazing, well-written, masterpiece," only because it was the closest to my opinions about V, but I think the poll is a little flawed. The reason is that GTA V is definitely BETTER than all the other options (including "A Good game" ) but it is not perfect. There are definitely some issues I have with the game, the most notable being the lack of SP support. Not just DLC, either, but meaningful updates like Rockstar does with Online. I do think it is one of the better GTA games, which says a lot because GTA is my favorite franchise. If I could add an addendum to choice #1 it would be:

"A beautiful, amazing, well-written, masterpiece that improves the series a great deal, and is a ton of fun, but also has some missed potential."

Oddly enough, to illustrate out different taste in GTA games, this is what I actually LOVE most about V. After being so horribly disappointed in IV, the "compromise" part of it brought me back into the GTA fold. Yes, I would have preferred the game NOT compromise at all, and would have celebrated with a bottle of Dom Perignon if Rockstar completely scrapped everything IV and made V more of a bonafide sequel to San Andreas. But, to be perfectly honest, this was NOT a realistic desire on my part. As much as I hated IV, I acknowledge that the game changed the entire paradigm of GTA by leaning far away from the wacky, unrealistic, at-times-absurdity of San Andreas and wanted the game to be more of a "Crime Sim."

The way I see it, and you may not agree, is that even if Rockstar wanted to, there was no getting the "IV-Realism Genie" back into the bottle. I think that V is exactly the game that it absolutely had to be, and for that very reason. Rockstar knew they pissed off and infuriated a lot of fans like me, who were expecting IV to be a genuine sequel to San Andreas. And, at the same time, they knew that IV launched to a tremendous amount of critical acclaim from almost all the writers, not to mention a lot of fan support on its own.

This "compromise" you allude to may not be to your liking, and strictly speaking, it really isn't to mine either, since as I said I wanted V (and IV) to be a sequel to San Andreas. But if V had been more like IV, we wouldn't be having this conversation, because I would hate the game and not be here. And it it was more like San Andreas, the people and writers who "liked IV enough to enjoy that realism in GTA" would have went ballistic.

There is an old saying that bears repeating, "A compromise is when both parties are unhappy, but get something they want." And the way I see it, V had to be a compromise or Rockstar would have pissed off a lot of GTA fans.

It boggles my mind when people say its one of the worst games ever made because it clearly isnt however for me personally it doesnt fully use the potential its capable of and I know I probably sound like a broken record, but I mostly blame the focus on GTAO for that.

A single player DLC would go along way to perhaps fix some of the imperfections the game has. I dont have an issue with anyone who considers its great and/or a masterpiece. Just isnt for me.

I completely agree!

While I wouldn't use the word "fixed," because V isn't broken, I get where you are coming from. There are SO MANY things that Rockstar could have done to satisfy so many GTA fans.

Look at how hotly we all debated interiors at one point. Even though I don't care about them, wouldn't Rockstar have made a lot of fans who do care about them very happy? While I don't miss drug dealing or vigilante missions from IV, what if Rockstar had added them to V? How many people complained about them not being in V? Updates and DLC could have added them and made a lot of IV fans very happy in the process, and not taken one single, little thing away from fans like me. There are a ton of things that Rockstar could have done to build bridges between V as a game and IV's fans, but all they care about now is Online.

• Algonquin Assassin and Hot Pursuit like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Option 3, average for GTA, but the fourth option about a lot of missed potential is still equally true as is the last one; it has a lot of flaws.

It failed to reach that mighty high bar the series has set for itself, and barring its technical accomplishments it's frustratingly average for GTA standards. The effect of Rockstar's mainstreaming is felt clearly and works to the game's detriment.

Still, an average GTA game is still better than most games, and there's still plenty of reasons to return to V, I just hope it's not an indication of the future of the series, or Rockstar.
  • gunziness, anthony and CartmanKusanagi like this

GTAFanClub
  • GTAFanClub

In The Coming Weeks

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

I picked A beautiful, amazing, well-written, masterpiece. It's arguably the best GTA game of the franchise.

• ChiroVette and Hot Pursuit like this

straightupmenace
  • straightupmenace

Homeboy

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:07 AM

i'd go with "flawed masterpiece with some unused potential." despite some issues with the story i still had fun with it and is probably the second best GTA game in my book

• ChiroVette, M0rk, Mr_Rager and 1 other like this

TommyPayne123
  • TommyPayne123

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:05 AM

Voted a game with a lot of unused potential. A great game, no doubt. but frankly, dissapointing compared to what it could have been. And it is all R*'s fault for focusing far too much on online. I despise GTA Online. Thanks to R*, I won't be surprised if GTA VI and Red Dead Redemption 2 turn out even worse due to their decision.
  • ChiroVette, Algonquin Assassin, Tycek and 3 others like this

Wancak
  • Wancak

GTA

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

A good GTA game, there's still other GTA like SA that has better thing than V
  • Lioshenka likes this

Sonny F
  • Sonny F

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

A beautiful game, but average for GTA game with a lot of unused potential and flaws.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:58 AM Edited by Sleepwalking, 05 January 2018 - 01:03 AM.

Not the best but a good GTA game.

I really liked all the story missions until Dave Norton - Steve Haines duo shows up.

Spoiler

I loved variety in all these mission until Steve heines & Dave Norton showed up. You really couldn't guess what's coming next.

Too much FIB stuff ruined story after that.
  • CartmanKusanagi and TommyPayne123 like this

Striker.
  • Striker.

Keepin' it real

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:10 PM

A game with a lot of unused potential, thats exactly what it is

UAL
  • UAL

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

I think GTA V sucks balls 

just do it bob3
  • just do it bob3

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 January 2018 - 10:11 PM Edited by just do it bob1, 05 January 2018 - 10:13 PM.

Its the birthplace of shark cards and microtransactions from here on out.

Take two even said that they plan to incorporate microtransactions into all future games, GTA and others. Also, there was a lot of unused potential.

f*ck GTA 5 and GTAO

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:58 PM

GTA IV sh*ts on it.

as soon as i saw the tittle i was wondering how long it would take to see the 4 fanboys pop in. it didint take long. i love gta 4 too but i feel like gta 5 is just as good if not better than 4. but anyways enough about gta 4.

i voted for the first one. it is an amazing masterpiece. a great story. a big map with different types of enviroments. we have a big city. a desert. some small towns. and a countryside. there is a lot to do and a lot of vehicles and weapons. and the multiplayer is fun. but i do think it had a lot of potential too. i really wish we could have had a singleplayer dlc. there were also some cut missions and a cut heist that i wish was in the game. there are plenty of characters that didint get very much screen time as they deserved. but overall it still is an amazing game. i feel like it is one of the best gta games for sure. its just a shame that it gets so much hate. sure it is not a perfect game. there are some things i dont like or wish was changed. but its not as big of a deal.

• Hot Pursuit likes this

BenMitchell90
  • BenMitchell90

Humans find such fascinating ways to waste their time

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2018 - 05:49 AM

My vote is that it's a game with a lot of unused potential, and I see I'm hardly alone :p I still think it's really good, though, especially once I got over my "it's too different from IV" hangups and accepted it for what it is. But I still think it could have been much better, namely in the storytelling and writing departments, and using its setting to the fullest potential. But hey, 8 out of 10 (my personal rating) ain't bad.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:13 PM Edited by Official General, 07 January 2018 - 04:17 PM.

A good game but average by GTA standards and also a game with a lot of unused potential. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users