Quick question about Steam and Social version

4 replies to this topic
Lager
  • Lager

Ayy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Currently GTA V is on sale via Steam so I was wondering this.

I already bought a retail (non-Steam) version of GTA V awhile ago. I was thinking - if I bought GTA V on Steam, could I log in with my Rockstar account through Steam GTA V (since Rockstar app is required for Steam version as well)?

Will it assign 2 copies of the game to my account or will it merge them, together with account stats etc?

Was wondering because I'd like the Steam functionality - Achievements, overlay, play with people via Steam, updates via Steam, etc. 

Cheers.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

Currently GTA V is on sale via Steam so I was wondering this.

I already bought a retail (non-Steam) version of GTA V awhile ago. I was thinking - if I bought GTA V on Steam, could I log in with my Rockstar account through Steam GTA V (since Rockstar app is required for Steam version as well)?

Will it assign 2 copies of the game to my account or will it merge them, together with account stats etc?

Was wondering because I'd like the Steam functionality - Achievements, overlay, play with people via Steam, updates via Steam, etc. 

Cheers.

You will need to create a SECOND social club account in order to use the steam version

Lager
  • Lager

Ayy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

Alright alright alright, I decided to just do it.

Leaving this here if anyone else wanted to know.

I just purchased the Steam version and used the same Socialclub account I had the non-Steam version on and it activated without any problems, kept all my progress etc too. Also my Socialclub achievements automatically synced with my Steam achievements. 

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 weeks ago.

then you wasted your money, you could have easily add the non steam game to work with steam without purchasing steam copy

• CGFforLife and Ai家Cob家 like this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

I don't agree often with ACM but he's right, If I had k ow that's why you wanted the steam version I would've said the same

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users