Photo

Heist Failiure/Funny Stories - Doomsday Edition

55 replies to this topic
icefds
  • icefds

Fission Mailed

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:14 PM Edited by icefds, 23 December 2017 - 07:20 PM.

This one was a first for me. Joined some gtaf crew member, for a DD setup mission.

I'm getting in my car, so i can get the helicopter, while the other dude is the paramedic.

Instead of getting into the ambulance, he drives away in his comet safari. Missions fails, then he leaves.

Thanks for wasting my time.

• 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

Burnt Spy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

After four days (well, three, because I slept in on Tuesday) I finally got the "Rescue ULP" mission done.
21 attempted starts (actually got to the "choose your clothes and vehicle" screen)
2 AFK players that kept the location from ever triggering
"Dozens" that quit after joining but before it was loading
2 times that it said "CEO quit" (I didn't)
8 times that another player quit at some point before we even got into our cars
4 "Rambo" players that tried to charge blindly into the Foundry main area
4 "Rambo players" that died trying to do that
1 player that managed to get into his car outside my Facility and park his stupid ass in AFK, while the rest of us managed to complete the Setup

Now onto the Hard Drive one that AFK-douche joined me on before I could kick him and he screwed that mission up, too.  Ran out of time twice.

This is my world right now

You PS4 right ? :lol:
Yep :lol:

Karma story now.
This morning Im in a light lobby (only 5-7 other players) and there arent any [X killed Y] popups. I decide to roll the dice and do the Act III Prep missions alone, in public. I start with photographing the dock. Easy. While flying back I see another player near me that has the duffle bag from the other Prep mission for Agent 14. I need that still and Rockstar decided we could steal those from each other.
I head towards him and even get a missile off before he drives into a train tunnel. I hover overhead for a few seconds then say, this is such a dick-move. Why am I doing this to this random whos just trying to do what Im doing? So I text him, Relax. Youre safe. and fly back to my Facility to start my own duffle bag mission.
I do that duffle bag mission with no issues.
I steal the laptop from the house with no issues.
I do the Cherbourg mission and on the way over I run into that same player in a Mammatus flying near where I have to kill the guards and steal the truck. My Deluxo gets a missile lock but I turn away and get on with the mission. I kill the guards and start driving the truck and I get scores of Merryweather Mesas on my butt the whole (long) drive while Im defenseless, when this player shows up in his Buzzard and starts rocketing the Merryweather guys. He fired his guns at my truck a few times, but he didnt attack the way another probably would and it seemed it was just for show. I made it back OK and then he and his associate (who didnt fight) left the session.

I dont know how , but ever single star lined up, and after about 5 hours of trying to just get enough people, I actually completed it,  It was on normal, but I can finally move on, its a Christmas freaking miracle , praise geebus

BeatsDown
  • BeatsDown

Square Civilian

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

My funny story is here!

https://www.youtube....h?v=_heS6mjbdF4

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

i did the same mission early this morning (it took 3 tries), it was me & a random on the ground team and a friend piloting the avenger.

on the 1st try my friend somehow crashed the avenger, on the 2nd i got killed in a gunfight with the russians, on the 3rd we made it and when we got into the avenger me and the random shot down all of the pursing helicopters and i made about $712.000. :lol:

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Targets A and B

B is almost full health

A is nearly dead

Dumbass random points RCV water cannon at B instead of A and we fail because of that. Common sense, ever heard of it?

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

My dumbass forgot the Deluxo can also fly not just hover so I got stuck on airport retaining wall while trying to jump it into the airport......Destroyed Deluxo - Failed Setup

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:41 AM

i killed myself with the explosive shotgun by shooting my friend in the back of the head as we were walking down the corridor to kill avon.

that gun is great for killing yourself, it's like fallout 4 and my explosive minigun all over again.
  • Shadowfennekin and 79'Blazer4x4 like this

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:56 AM

I destroyed my Deluxo by sinking it into the water even though I damn well pressed A on my controller. Not that it would've mattered since we had a level 16 who died three times already, guaranteed he would've died in my place.

• hugh750, Shadowfennekin and 79'Blazer4x4 like this

VDTor
  • VDTor

Orbital Cannon Vigilante

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

I was teamed up in the last heist with a rank 622 who loves to show off. Kept killing himself by rapid firing the Grenade Launcher at the Juggernaut Clones and the grenades rebounding back to him, and that was when you get at the end of the tunnel.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

My friend I've been doing these heists with is no better than a random player, maybe a bit worse. Spends 45 minutes to resupply, doesn't listen when I shout "Stop rushing in!" fails the heist setup three times in a row, and now hes out of supplies and doesn't want to play it again. Gets annoyed if I do the heists with other people.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:01 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 28 December 2017 - 07:04 PM.

biggest fail is the doomsday finale resetting to moment it wasnt finished after i finished it, saw it save then i went offline for few hours and came back to game only to hear lester tell there is evil avon still alive, now only guy that was willing to help had so bad lag he lagged out when triggering avon chase cutscene 6 times in arow, lost several hours of my life...im losing my neverves from thinking where the hell i find another person able to finish it

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 December 2017 - 07:13 PM

When I did the Chernobog setup I prepared myself for the NPCs with Railguns.

Then one of them blew themselves up.

Nice to see the Terminator AI messing up as well.

• Shadowfennekin, 79'Blazer4x4 and MaxBazooka01 like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

biggest fail is the doomsday finale resetting to moment it wasnt finished after i finished it, saw it save then i went offline for few hours and came back to game only to hear lester tell there is evil avon still alive, now only guy that was willing to help had so bad lag he lagged out when triggering avon chase cutscene 6 times in arow, lost several hours of my life...im losing my neverves from thinking where the hell i find another person able to finish it

I can help you out if you're on PS4

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

I can help you out if you're on Xbox

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:12 AM Edited by ACM-Jan, 29 December 2017 - 02:12 AM.

im PC fan so i had to get it done with random i added from france, 6 times out of 7 his connection failed just before the end of heist, today he had luck enough to stay inside session for hour and get the last cutscene and i got finishing calls from lester. It's finally over.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:06 PM Edited by ash-274, 29 December 2017 - 07:55 PM.

Act III Finale

First attempt - Three associates. Take the tank and slowly get down the tunnel. At the end all three take turns fighting (and losing to) the juggernauts with what must have been SNS pistols. After 8 restarts I gave up.

Second attempt - Started with three associates. Got to the end of the tunnel and someone died before we started the crate-destruction. One person left and we got to the last crate when someone was too close to it. Another person left and the remaining guy ran right in front of my RPG and we both died. I gave up.

Third attempt - Three associates again, including one of those mic-happy people who wont shut up; and it sounded like he was eating gravel between restarts. Near-disaster on the drive from the barn in the Barrage. Driver cant drive it, though snow was a factor. We back down the tunnel with me on the rear grenade launcher. Good plan, except the driver parked where I couldnt turn the gun enough to hit the juggernauts but they had no problem hitting me. I died. With varying success in subsequent attempts we eventually got to the Hack the Servers checkpoint. But I got lost on the wrong floor and the hacker took over 11 minutes on the first hack. Gave up because I had real-life stuff to do.

Fourth attempt - Tried to start with three associates, but had to keep kicking <40-rank players and we just had two. I drove the Barrage, knowing to go slow in the tunnel and angle it at the end for the grenade launcher. Only one death before the Server-hacking, one death on the run to the silo after the Orbital Canon phase, and while I think I killed 1500 clones while the hacker hacked, we flew the jet packs and completed the Finale. I got $750k + $100k for the tank + whatever for the All In Order bonus + the First Time bonus for a total payoff of $1.3M. Then I helped a random CEO deliver a I/E car for a quick $34k

• 79'Blazer4x4 likes this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 4 weeks ago

The rapid fire bug is making this sh*t unplayable. Basically there is a bug where a laggy npc fires a burst at you which deals the damage equivalent to 2 seconds worth of concentrated fire. The burst will kill you even if you have full hp and armor. f*cking bullsh*t 

• StangOne50, Ezekeil2Ofive17 and MaxBazooka01 like this

Ezekeil2Ofive17
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17

"I do what I do best, I take scores"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I sneezed right at the end of the tank setup, took out the agents, fail. No big deal because it's easy, but it's really stupid that they're killable, or there at all

thepiebaker
  • thepiebaker

Peon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Doing the deluxo set up I attempted to land on the plane and see how long I could stay on. Plane left the ground as I attempted to fly over it causing me to gently scrape the side of the wing.

Next thing I know the duct tape holding the wing to the plane failed and BOTH wings fell off.

APB
  • APB

GTA V PC MASTERRACE

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Me and my friend were waiting for another friend to come to the finishing point during the Stromberg setup. Both of us were stationary all the time while all of sudden my Stromberg self- combusted into flames that resulted in failure of the setup.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Act 1 - Server Farm seems to be the setup of follies.  On one attempt, the person ahead me didn't catch the ladder right, and fell right off.  I heard a splat followed by a the death notice a second later.  On another attempt, we do the whole thing smooth, and easy.  Fly the Akula to the drop off point.  The pilot forgets to drop the landing gear.  We bounce up, and spin right into a gas tank.  Boom and death. 

• Shadowfennekin and 79'Blazer4x4 like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Jimbatron, 3 weeks ago.

https://i.imgur.com/4Bwa7qC.gifv

This is pretty unfortunate as they go.

https://i.imgur.com/hPHv1lN.gifv

And thank god that one wasn't a CMM run. The culprits in each of these are good and in my signature links you can see did the Elite Challenges with me - happens to the best of us I guess.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://i.imgur.com/VuOXGbu.mp4

Another one, this time I was the culprit. In my defense I was on my seventh bottle of beer in my first weekend playing the DD Heist - after about 8 hours straight.

• Rammer2k likes this

Niņo-Livi
  • Niņo-Livi

Nino

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I would have been able to survive the bullets until I got up but the explosion done me LOOOOL

http://xboxclips.com...5f-4f74451cf027
  • StangOne50 likes this

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've just spent the last 4 hours of my life failing the final Heist.

I haven't died ONCE. Not one time. Didn't fail any hacks.

First group of fools insisted upon using rocket launchers and we never even made it out of the damn tunnels.

Second round was my homie who uses auto aim and it showed. Nice that you can stand out in the open without cover and survive but in Free Aim you need to think a little bit about cover, angles of fire, etc.

Plus he's so used to being The Man with his friends he wasn't taking direction.

Whatever.

4 hours.

I've never felt so empty at the end of a gaming session. I could have finished my book, taken a nice walk, written something, talked to loved ones all in the time it took me to accomplish nothing.

WHY CAN'T PEOPLE LISTEN TO GOOD ADVICE?!?!

Northern
  • Northern

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Northern, 4 days ago.

On the way to Act 3 finale, my tank driver somehow goes off the road and we sink into the lake.  Tank drowns, driver falls onto a grenade.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users