So the original Red Dead Chain Story was an excellent idea. It seemed exciting and I was hoping others would start writing in it. However after being up for a year, it looked like no one was really interested. After recently getting involved with it alongside two other writers, we decided perhaps we should make a reboot to gain interests back in it. Make a fresh storyline and new rules to have a complete fresh start. I know the three of us are gonna be dedicated to keeping up writing in the chain story and hopefully over time people will see it and wanna join in. If not...it was worth a try.
Also check out the original one too cause it was going good! http://gtaforums.com...ad-chain-story/
How to play,
A player will have 3-5 options to choose from to go off of and write their story response. When they finish they will leave 3-5 options for the next writer to choose from and write the next story response, and so on and so forth.
1) A writer cannot respond to their own post. They must wait for atleast one other player to write a response before the previous writer will be allowed to respond again.
2) If two or three players respond around the same time, then the player who's post got sent first will have their story continue, and the other players will have to acknowledge that their own response should be ignored.
3) No supernatural or mythical stuff. No magical powers or other universe crossovers or telekinesis or mind control or time travel. Non of that. The story should be somewhat realistic and fit in the Red Dead universe.
4) No sexual content is allowed. Minor and small snippets of stuff is okay, but straight out sexual writing is not acceptable.
No you might of noticed I left a common rule from these forums chain stories out. The "Characters can't die or they just respawn at the hospital". Well guess what? I wanna shake things up. So I am gonna pull a risky move here. I will be not including this. Yes a character can be killed. But in a way that creates a 5th rule. Once the character is killed they stay dead forever. I think this should make things interesting. Its risky but I hope that no one takes advantage of this character killing ability.
Thats it. I hope this regains interest in the Red Dead section and the Chain Story proves successful. Hopefully me and and the other two users who plan to keep this thread alive will enjoy doing this and get others to wanna join in.
Well lets see if this was even worth it. Have fun!
With this all written out, I suppose we need to get started.
I'll start our storyline.
The story starts before The Red Dead Redemption ending has occurred.
We pick up one week since John Marston has returned home to his family after finishing his work for the Government Agents, hunting down his old gang.
John Marston stands in his barn forking hay over to the horse to eat. He puts the pitchfork down, and wipes sweat off his forehead. He then walks out his barn into the hot sun. He notices Uncle sleeping next to the silo.
John Marston: Seriously old man?
John sighs, then looks up at his house, where smoke rises from the chimney.
John Marston: Looks like Abigail must be making lunch.
1)Goes up to the house to check on lunch
2) Goes to wake Uncle up at the silo
3)Goes back to working on the farm