12 replies to this topic
Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

I tried to find the original topic about mobile notifications but couldn't, But if you can find it want to merge it with that topic you can.

I'm having the issue with notifcations on the mobile app not going away again, For a while they went away when checked but it recently started up again.

Anybody else having this issue as well?

Using Chrome Browser on Galaxy Note 8

Craig
  • Craig

Shoeless Thorns

• Marshall-Islands
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 4 weeks ago

Notifications have never gone away for me on mobile. I click on them and I can read them, but they don't go until I log in on my laptop and click on the little tab. I didn't know if this was a common issue or not, but it's not as annoying as the grammar quirk I'm experiencing.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 4 weeks ago

Glad to see i'm not the only one but it's still annoying af, Sometimes not even "Mark All Read" gets rid of them sometimes and then they go away after a few days.

Haven't had the grammar quirk just the notification one, I'm guessing the issue resides with the IPBoard itself rather then browser/cookies 

Arrow
  • Arrow

Surely heaven waits for you.

• Members
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Notifications never go away on the mobile theme for me, which is why I use the Mark All Read button to clear those. Switching to the desktop theme works though.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Notifications can be easily deleted. As said above, tap on the "full site" link at the bottom of the page to turn the desktop version ON, and then it's as good as viewing the site on PC. I'm using chrome to view site as well. It works perfectly!

Craig
  • Craig

Shoeless Thorns

• Marshall-Islands
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 4 weeks ago

True, you can fix it by switching to the full site but it can be such a faff to browse. I accidentally deleted a post from a popular thread trying to navigate it on my phone, and this left me frantically sending PMs trying to put it right. There's no option to switch back to the mobile view, at least none that I can see. The only way to revert back (for me anyway) is by closing the site and closing the mobile browser entirely. I would've thought clicking a clear all function in mobile browsing would at least mark the notifications as read.

• Ai家Cob家 likes this

Once a Jolly Swagman
  • Once a Jolly Swagman

Crackhead

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Australia
  • Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

^^
Don't know if it's the same for your device but I've got an option to change back to mobile view in the bottom left corner of the page.

Down here
IMG_1051.jpg

Craig
  • Craig

Shoeless Thorns

• Marshall-Islands
  • Best Writer 2011

Posted 4 weeks ago

I should really read the page properly, shouldn't I?

• Ai家Cob家 likes this

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I tried to find the original topic about mobile notifications but couldn't, But if you can find it want to merge it with that topic you can.

I'm having the issue with notifcations on the mobile app not going away again, For a while they went away when checked but it recently started up again.

I simply use the "Mark All Read" button at the bottom of my mobile Notifications page. Once I go through them all, just one button and they disappear, even on mobile.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 3 weeks ago

I simply use the "Mark All Read" button at the bottom of my mobile Notifications page. Once I go through them all, just one button and they disappear, even on mobile.

Like I said in my reply to Craig

Sometimes not even "Mark All Read" gets rid of them

Maxxi
  • Maxxi

The One and Only

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I must have missed that while reading. My bad.

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands
  • Satisfactory Participant 2016

Posted 5 hours ago

This has been the case for a very long time, and while it was fixed once, it came back and has been that way since. I think it's best to suck it up and wait for the new forum version, because I'm not sure if they're going to continue developing on this version. 

Blaze
  • Blaze

Boss

• The Yardies
  • Lebanon
  • Super Sleuth Deadass 2018
    Crew Poster Winner 2017
    Super Special Gold Star 2006
    Draw Contest Booby Prize 2016
    Campaign Poster Booby Prize 2016
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 5 hours ago

This has been the case for a very long time, and while it was fixed once, it came back and has been that way since. I think it's best to suck it up and wait for the new forum version, because I'm not sure if they're going to continue developing on this version. 

coming soon

• Titania likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users