• Spider-Vice

Do androids dream of electric sheep?

• Portugal
  • Best Contributor in Rockstar Games 2017
    Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Spider-Vice, 4 weeks ago.

This is a relic! Beta/pre-release Rockstar content is very hard to come by, and nowadays they just invite journalists probably to avoid stuff like this. Hope he keeps it safe and he should back it up carefully. A lot of obscure gaming/beta builds communities would love this.

The only thing I can think of that comes close to this is the builds CarsonGT has of GTA V, in the V beta hunt, but those are all jumbled in the hard drive of a dev kit. And also a GTA SA developer build that came about a few years ago, but the person who tried to buy that dev kit got scammed iirc.

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

This is a relic! Beta/pre-release Rockstar content is very hard to come by, and nowadays they just invite journalists probably to avoid stuff like this. Hope he keeps it safe and he should back it up carefully. A lot of obscure gaming/beta builds communities would love this.

The only thing I can think of that comes close to this is the builds CarsonGT has of GTA V, in the V beta hunt, but those are all jumbled in the hard drive of a dev kit. And also a GTA SA developer build that came about a few years ago, but the person who tried to buy that dev kit got scammed iirc.

Links to any of the things u just mentioned?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 4 weeks ago

A lot of discussion about it starting there including some snippets they extracted of beta/placeholder radios. The build isn't playable in their case, it's just files in a PS3 development kit.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1069804764

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Hmmm nice bike, 2 weeks ago.

I always loved finding out information regarding beta and pre-release content from games that I'm a fan of. Is there any particular reason why Rockstar seems more stingy about that type of content compared to other companies? Or are they just being pretentious? Volition, for example, did livestreams where they played pre-release builds of the Saints Row games and discussed some of the changes in development that took place. These games were released ages ago, I figured after a certain amount of time that they wouldn't even care anymore if someone found some files or models relating to the beta version.

And wasn't there someone who was trying to get a dev kit build of GTA IV as well?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rockstar is known for having a bit of an ego and very strict NDA's, so they care a lot about their assets even if it's the creator of these assets showing them off (i.e. an artist or something showing art on his portfolio).

As for the IV devkit, it ended up being a fluke. It was just a retail build with a changed executable name, which is a shame.

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

You can definitely tell that the company as a whole has an ego (likely due to Sam Houser's personality and style, from what I've read about him he seems to be secretive and egotistical, which reminds me of his company). Among other things, the disc for that RDR preview build says "CONFIDENTIAL MATERIAL" under the Rockstar logo. I have to admit, I thought that was pretty funny. I know it was for an unreleased game and that those aren't supposed to be leaked due to copyright and such, but it's not exactly the nuclear codes that are on that disc.

Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

When your dealing with Rockstar....everything’s confidential as if it were nuclear codes.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted 2 weeks ago

https://www.obscureg...ew-build.23581/

The guy posted more screenshots on ObscureGamers, along with some differences in the pause menu and a debug menu.

BlackScout
  • BlackScout

人生は奇妙です

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by BlackScout, A week ago.

Apparently, he posted more details about the build.

https://www.obscureg...81/#post-178498

(May include spoilers??)

• Spider-Vice and Darealbandicoot like this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Portugal

Posted A week ago

The soundtrack stuff is normal for Rockstar as it also happens in GTA. Music is licenced very close to the end of development. As for the story changes, I mean, that was a preview build, they wouldn't be showing key story elements to the press like the actual true ending.

• BlackScout likes this

Darealbandicoot
  • Darealbandicoot

Strange and exotic sailor

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I wonder if he has all outfits unlocked for John? Like the US Marshall and Bureau uniform?

Hmmm nice bike
  • Hmmm nice bike

No, my bike!

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I was not really surprised when my horse began crazy rotating with the world around and player fell through the textures, but when I saw rotating train and green-purple sky it was rather… unpredictable.

Red Dead always did have hilarious, drug trip-like glitches, and it's nice to know that press preview builds were no exception to this.

• RaMMy and Mr_Rager like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users