Photo

Best console version?

12 replies to this topic
BoulderFaceplant
  • BoulderFaceplant

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by BoulderFaceplant, 4 weeks ago.

Looking to replay San Andreas after beating VC, but I don't know which to choose. In your opinion, which console is best to play San Andreas?

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its a tricky question because the original version of the game has now been replaced by the port, irrespective of the platform you choose to play.
I think the best version would be the PS4 one, which doesn't the replace the classic version, if I'm not wrong here.
  • Official General and 4nsmiley like this

Cryo The Hunter
  • Cryo The Hunter

Helisexual

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

If you have a pc then you can download the 'Enhanced Edition' mod and make the game look exactly like the ps2 version.

BoulderFaceplant
  • BoulderFaceplant

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yeah, it actually looks like the PS4 version reigns supreme. Thanks guys!

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States
  • GAME MASTER - 1984
    GAME MASTER - 1987
    GAME MASTER - 1990 CHAMPIONSHIP
    GAME MASTER - 1998
    GAME MASTER - 2008
    GAME MASTER - 2012
    GAME MASTER - 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONS

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'm going to always stick with the Original Xbox copy. It's been my all time favorite way to play this game for years. I use a PS2 controller adapter so I don't have to use the Xbox controller.

After that, the PS3 Remaster looks pretty good. You won't go wrong with the PS4 upload.

• Official General and ROCKSTAR MANIC like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Official General, 4 weeks ago.

I'm going to always stick with the Original Xbox copy. It's been my all time favorite way to play this game for years. I use a PS2 controller adapter so I don't have to use the Xbox controller.

After that, the PS3 Remaster looks pretty good. You won't go wrong with the PS4 upload.

The PS4 download version. It is a graphically better version of the classic, much-loved the PS2 version.

However personally the best for me is the PC version at 60fps with Skygfx and Project 2dfx - the best graphical overhaul of SA you can get.
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC likes this

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its comes down to the experience you want if you want that original experience and real 90s feel play ps2 if you like neater graphics that looks smoother and more detailed play the xbox original version its basically pc SA on console it also has a replay button. Dont get the 360 version it looks good but it doesnt feel good playing at all and you will find plenty of gameplay bugs throughout your playthrough i have more fun playing all my gtas on ps2 just for that original,nostalgic,90s feel

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homie

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Best to Play is PC + Skygfx + SilentPatch + Ginput.

• catfromnesbox likes this

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Best would be modded PC but that aint console.
Then it's either PS4 which is emulated PS2 with better resolution and more stable framerate, iirc it has some tracks removed from radio tho.
Xbox original is good too, it has some bugs like PC, but more steady framerate and better textures and resolution than PS2 original

dont play the PS3 or Xbox 360 "remastered" version. They are broken port of already broken PC ported with butchered controls, radio with cut playlist and subjectively bad graphics (i dislike only some effects from it) and high unstability.
  • Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Best would be modded PC but that aint console.
Then it's either PS4 which is emulated PS2 with better resolution and more stable framerate, iirc it has some tracks removed from radio tho.
Xbox original is good too, it has some bugs like PC, but more steady framerate and better textures and resolution than PS2 original

dont play the PS3 or Xbox 360 "remastered" version. They are broken port of already broken PC ported with butchered controls, radio with cut playlist and subjectively bad graphics (i dislike only some effects from it) and high unstability.

I bought the PS3 remastered version on download and promptly abandoned it, it looks awful. I bought it on the PS4, it looked and played great, and now I got it on PC. 

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 4 weeks ago

PC is the best, but has it's flaws - especially since you're asking for a console version.

The best (and the only) one I played is PS2 - but I played it with a CRT TV, it may look completely different on an LCD. But the orange tint especially in the dusk was stunning. I think I saw some Xbox videos and they are nowhere as good.

PC version loads in split seconds, but completely lacks the orangey feel - you can get a similar experience with mods, but it's not going to be the same. To be fair, with the current prices you can get both for a tenner.

4nsmiley
  • 4nsmiley

Busta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

ps2/ps4

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Original PS2 or the emulated PS2 version on PS4, everything is as it should be in every other version.

• Lioshenka likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users