How is the Xbox version?

10 replies to this topic
BoulderFaceplant
  • BoulderFaceplant

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I downloaded the PS4 version and holy sh*t is it juddery. San Andreas runs smoothly on PS4, but Vice City literally hurts my eyes, and yes I turned off trails.

I've been doing some research and the Xbox version apparently has much better graphics which is nice, but how does it run? Is it sluggish? Thanks in advance.

Gravarty
  • Gravarty

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Gravarty, 4 weeks ago.

GTA Vice City looks better on XBOX, yes.. but it's not that dramatically different, it has better reflections, improved vehicles and some sound changes.. but that's about it. 
It runs great on the original xbox, but laggs a lot on the 360. Idk if the XBOX One can play these old games, if yes, it should run without any problems, since the console is way advanced than the 360 :D

• ROCKSTAR MANIC and ClaudeIzABadAzz like this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It has a few improvements as Gravarty said above but it has some ugly things too, like some textures are a mix between PS2 and Xbox, and even some of them are in worse quality than PC ones. If you don't mind and you play in console only, PlayStation is the gold platform to play GTA.

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 4 weeks ago

If you don't mind and you play in console only, PlayStation is the gold platform to play GTA.

Playstation isn't designed for gaming. Well, it is, but most PS GTA's lack certain things that PC has. Like a proper camera system. So the PC version is definitely the best if you have even an average PC.
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz likes this

gts.
  • gts.

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Playstation isn't designed for gaming. Well, it is, but most PS GTA's lack certain things that PC has. Like a proper camera system. So the PC version is definitely the best if you have even an average PC.

He's asking and comparing between console versions, not PC.

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

They mostly gave the Xbox version some tweaks so in graphic wise the Xbox version is better.

PS4 version is just a emulation PS2 Port , but there are some differences 

Examples

It's the "Haitian Friendly version" on PS4 & Xbox version and which that mean's is they cut out dialogue from the original release version affiliated with the word "Haitian"

PS4 version got some song's removed due to copyright expiration and one example is "Michael Jackson:Billie Jean & Lionel Richie:Running With The Night"

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

PS4 version got some song's removed due to copyright expiration and one example is "Michael Jackson:Billie Jean & Lionel Richie:Running With The Night"

Lionel Richie - Running With The Night it was removed since PS2 v2, just after the original PS2 release. So, isn't a exclusive removal for the PS2 emulation on PS4. Also not only Billie Jean it was removed for the PS2 emulation on PS4, it was a lot of songs and applies to Mobile and Steam version aswell.

• Michael Jackson -"Billie Jean"
  • Michael Jackson -"Wanna Be Startin' Somethin"
  • Ozzy Osbourne -"Bark At The Moon"
  • Kate Bush -"Wow"
  • Herbie Hancock - "Rock It"
  • Afrika Bambaataa -"Looking For The Perfect Beat"
  • Lionel Richie - "Running with the night"
  • A couple of songs from Radio Espantoso

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

GTA Vice City looks better on XBOX, yes.. but it's not that dramatically different, it has better reflections, improved vehicles and some sound changes.. but that's about it. 
It runs great on the original xbox, but laggs a lot on the 360. Idk if the XBOX One can play these old games, if yes, it should run without any problems, since the console is way advanced than the 360 :D

Dear heavens, I have Vice City & a second disk GTA 3.
I own an XB1 since 360 broke. Is Vice City available on xb1????

Here is something I want to share, I still own the 1st Xbox with all R* classics that include Vice City. I just need to know if its backwards compatibility with my xb1.

Vice City, my fondness greatest memory & nothing like it. A timeless classic in a time period era.

Inadequate
  • Inadequate

Midnight Emulator

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

I own an XB1 since 360 broke. Is Vice City available on xb1????

Sadly, no. Not yet. :(

But would be a nice addition to the Xbox 360's retrocompatibilty catalog for the Xbox One.

George Costanza
  • George Costanza

• The Yardies
  • None
  • [Rockstar Editor Awards 2017] Best Rockstar Editor Short
    Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    l33t p05T3r 5t34l3r 2017
    Worst Sheep 2017
    Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 6 days ago

Ye Microsoft slowly adding original xbox titles to bc too. Just wait and hope they will add gta III's trilogy too.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

DetectivePhelps
  • DetectivePhelps

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I accidentally injected my Vice City on xb1, no luck. Now I just read the comments here & I truly hope in time it happens. At least Backwards compatibly.
I played it on my oldie Xbox, What rush of 80s I just love. How games were truly fun. But I ejected the disk. Ive had it for so long. I want to preserve it for if it becomes available for the current gens.

If it does, Ill virtually live in VC for life. Love it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users