Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would you have liked to see wildlife in the game?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see wildlife? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Wildlife?

1. Sure (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Nah (6 votes [33.33%])

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Don't Care. (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote
DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:50 PM Edited by lil weasel, 16 December 2017 - 05:55 PM.

So while playing the game, I noticed that the forests and parts of the desert were a bit isolated. Would you have liked to have had wildlife in the game that interact with you like RDR and GTA V? Personally, I would have loved seeing deer and bears in the forests, snakes and hawks in the desert and cows and chickens in the countryside.

Also, I'm talking about solid animal NPCs, not the props you find in the water and in the sky.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

I get my Wild Life in "Skyrim".
At the time of the GTA San Andreas I think they did not have the code, and were fine with aquatic and birds.
If they did there could have been a "Hunting" mission.
Maybe a complete redo might have them.
  • Official General and Hot Pursuit like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

No, not needed. I like SA the way it is.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:18 PM

I would have liked it, but the truth is SA simply did not need it, simply was not neccessary or essential, especially due to the nature of the theme and overall design of the game.
  • lil weasel and Algonquin Assassin like this

Electrochoc
  • Electrochoc

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

No, you can easily freeroam in the mountains without fearing of a cougar popping out of no where and bite your neck.
  • lil weasel likes this

DirtCheap
  • DirtCheap

Cheapskate

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:18 AM

I think the woods in the game were kinda like a margarita- it's great but you can't stop feeling that something is missing.
Anyway, I'm not asking for a huge amount of wildlife, just a few ones like bears in the forest as the woods being empty is really weird as San Andreas is based off of California which has many bears (lol). Them not being present in the game was kinda disappointing but them not being in GTA V was even more disappointing as RDR had many assets to bears so there was no excuse for them not to be in that game. (That's a different topic, I know, but thought it would be interesting to mention)

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

I think the woods in the game were kinda like a margarita- it's great but you can't stop feeling that something is missing.
Anyway, I'm not asking for a huge amount of wildlife, just a few ones like bears in the forest as the woods being empty is really weird as San Andreas is based off of California which has many bears (lol). Them not being present in the game was kinda disappointing but them not being in GTA V was even more disappointing as RDR had many assets to bears so there was no excuse for them not to be in that game. (That's a different topic, I know, but thought it would be interesting to mention)

I would have at the least would liked to have seen farm animals. That would have been good for realism in the countryside towns and farms. V f*cked up bad by not including bears. At least I hoped the enhanced edition would have included them when they added more animals, but no. 

• Algonquin Assassin likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:26 AM

I think the lack of wildlife actually creates a heighten sense of isolation. Whilst it would be more realistic to have wildlife roaming around the lack gives the countryside/desert its unique character in a weird way. If you get me.

• Official General likes this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:16 AM Edited by Lioshenka, 17 December 2017 - 03:16 AM.

Voted no.

I really wanted the wildlife, but seeing how they did it in V made me realise that it is best to leave it out. SA offered great opportunities for exploring, as the above poster has said, creating this atmosphere of isolation with only the eagles circling high above you and fishes far below.

In V you step out of the car for a minute and a cougar kills you. Also, deer, deer everywhere. Maybe California has deer and rabbit overpopulation problem, but you can drive a game mile and come across a good dozen of beasts. I wouldn't mind seeing one or two deer in the whole of Back o Beyond, but more than that will ruin the well-balanced atmosphere.

• lil weasel, Algonquin Assassin and Am Shaegar like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

There's wildlife in SA already in abundance. The ridiculous amount of fun, and wild and crazy stuff you can do. It's so much fun than hunting animals, or babysitting dogs. This isn't something I am posting because of GTA V, but in general, I don't find the need of wildlife in this series.
It's good to see some wildlife in V as it adds to the immersion, but what really excites me about GTA, are the amount of crazy stuff I can do, from playing the role of a criminal to flying jetpacks.
  • lil weasel likes this

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Studying at Bullworth Academy

• Victim of The Pit™
  • India

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

Voted don't care.
San Andreas was fine the way it was.
Maybe adding a pet dog like chop or random street dog like in bully would have been nice.
But considering how SA took PS2 to its limits I can understand why they didn't add that.
  • lil weasel and Official General like this

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • France

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:40 PM

Having horses, wolves, bears and other cougars would have been fun and add to the immersion.

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia
  • Super Snitch Deadass 2018

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:52 AM Edited by CGFforLife, 20 December 2017 - 04:52 AM.

This thread should be in GTA Next

But nah, GTA SA was fine without animals

ArmyRaidFail404
  • ArmyRaidFail404

Banana Republic without the Bananas

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:12 AM

Personally I wouldn't have liked wildlife. It wouldn't have bothered me if it was in the game, but it's better that it was left out. If you're like me and refuse to take the roads, often times you will be driving straight through Back O Beyond, a bump will get you and your car will be destroyed. Getting mauled by a bear in the woods is literally the last thing I would want, especially since every single mission in that story arc involved travelling thousands of miles just to start it.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

This is a thread about wildlife in SA not any future GTA, so I really don't understand how you worked that one out  :blink: 

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia
  • Super Snitch Deadass 2018

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

This is a thread about wildlife in SA not any future GTA, so I really don't understand how you worked that one out  :blink:
I found this thread from the OP profile so I though this is for GTA Next, I even mistakenly voted sure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users