Oppressor or Deluxo?

66 replies to this topic
LeftUnfed
  • LeftUnfed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Which is a good balance of fun and speed?

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo. Has the same quantity of missiles as the Oppressor, offers more protection and doesn't need to recharge.
  • Happy Hunter likes this

LeftUnfed
  • LeftUnfed

Player Hater

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo. Has the same quantity of missiles as the Oppressor, offers more protection and doesn't need to recharge.

Okay, but isn't it ilke really really slow?

• Arrows to Athens likes this

Thehunteroftruth
  • Thehunteroftruth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo. Even more now that the oppressor is glitched and cannot brake in plane mode.

• Happy Hunter likes this

kellne
  • kellne

Snitch

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo is way more better dude :D

I can fly around map like a BOSS. Just saving money for MOC to get rockets boy ! ! !

• Jamilian_Gaming likes this

The Irish Hunter
  • The Irish Hunter

The Absolute God of Hyper Death.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo.

The Oppressor is a piece of sh*t.

• SilverRST, gtafan26, Arrows to Athens and 3 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 4 weeks ago

Okay, but isn't it ilke really really slow?

Its not as fast as the Oppressor on land and air however it is more efficient to get around.

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

still oppressor for me....I get around much quicker than in a deluxo...

but if you have to choose 1 go for the deluxo...what REXX sed pretty much....plus you can pick up a passenger

if you are skilled with the oppressor then it is quicker, remember you can boost without having to fly and the flight is much quicker...

boost, glide over obstacles and the key is to land asap or to bounce off the floor as soon as the boost goes does down...that way you boost more often in a shorter time...

if you can, get both. Oppressor is not a piece of sh*t, some people are most likely hurting from getting owned by one...seriously get both if you can, the best car and the best bike bar the shotaro 

• UMADBRO_OKAY, hei3enberg, Shadowfennekin and 5 others like this

WillProx
  • WillProx

Merc, hitman, smuggler, At your service.

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo counters Opressor for me (Every fight in Deluxo against Op - easy kill, every fight with Op against Deluxo - i was loser), but deluxo is just a tincan in eyes of Homing/Explosive sniper 

MeisterJazz
  • MeisterJazz

The best there is...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Think of it this way, you cant die fro  a car crash in gta to a certain extent. Motorcycles on the other hand...

• gtafan26, Happy Hunter and Cryo The Hunter like this

Cryo The Hunter
  • Cryo The Hunter

Helisexual

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oppressor is not a piece of sh*t, some people are most likely hurting from getting owned by one...

The oppressor is the easiest thing to destroy if you are in a helicopter or plane.

• Gtaman_92, The Irish Hunter, Happy Hunter and 1 other like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oppressor is not a piece of sh*t, some people are most likely hurting from getting owned by one...

The oppressor is the easiest thing to destroy if you are in a helicopter or plane.

I have taken out many helis and hydras with mine...and doged countless bullets...depends what suits the player or your skill set...I can dismount quickly from it, quicker than a heli or plane....im sure a deluxo is just as easy to take out

also you can become an MC and spawn it next to you instantly....

• deadx23 likes this

Cryo The Hunter
  • Cryo The Hunter

Helisexual

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have taken out many helis and hydras with mine...and doged countless bullets...depends what suits the player or your skill set...I can dismount quickly from it, quicker than a heli or plane....im sure a deluxo is just as easy to take out

Planes have ejection seats, you can get jump out of them really quickly.

• The Irish Hunter and Happy Hunter like this

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

then your flying through the air while im already set on the floor

besides this is about oppressor or deluxo not oppressor v helis

cos both be equally killed by a plane or heli

Cryo The Hunter
  • Cryo The Hunter

Helisexual

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Cryo The Hunter, 4 weeks ago.

then your flying through the air while im already set on the floor

besides this is about oppressor or deluxo not oppressor v helis

cos both be equally killed by a plane or heli

Right.

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Delxuo is good if you can't use the Oppressor without crashing constantly I guess? For me the only fun to be had in a Delxuo is zooming around in hover mode, which isn't terribly useful. Flight mode is a total snooze but it gets you around I suppose. For me the Oppressor is just so fun and engaging, fast and powerful. 

It'd take a deeeeep discount for me to even consider a Deluxo.

• LL Cool L likes this

Fireboy769
  • Fireboy769

I only have a 2-Star Wanted Level? Are you serious?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo can fly indefinitely, can turn around easily while flying, and has missles. However it isn't really fast while flying.

Opressor can glide quickly over long distances, is a bike that can recieve benefits from a MC President and has missles. But it's a bike, so you need to know where to land otherwise you'll risk crashing and dying, is crap at turning in air, has no brakes while gliding, and is more exposed than the Deluxo

So basically in Combat the Deluxo triumphs (though the Oppressor can still win) while for Travelling the Oppressor Wins
  • LL Cool L likes this

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

still oppressor for me....I get around much quicker than in a deluxo...

but if you have to choose 1 go for the deluxo...what REXX sed pretty much....plus you can pick up a passenger

if you are skilled with the oppressor then it is quicker, remember you can boost without having to fly and the flight is much quicker...
boost, glide over obstacles and the key is to land asap or to bounce off the floor as soon as the boost goes does down...that way you boost more often in a shorter time...

if you can, get both. Oppressor is not a piece of sh*t, some people are most likely hurting from getting owned by one...seriously get both if you can, the best car and the best bike bar the shotaro 

I concur. Further benefits of the oppressor include MC spawn and favorite bike bonus. The oppressor gets around faster but the deluxo is the best boat in the game.
  • gtafan26, Shadowfennekin, IamCourtney and 2 others like this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Far, far away...

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Oppressor is quicker - that's the only advantage the Oppressor has over the Deluxo.

• Cutter De Blanc, Happy Hunter and Cryo The Hunter like this

GenericGTAO
  • GenericGTAO

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Jet Pack
  • hei3enberg likes this

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I've found the Deluxo works best in mountainous parts of the map. It climbs vertically/flies slowly but the hover mode allows you to move uphill very fast, even over very difficult terrain.

I'm curious if anyone has tested how the Deluxe missiles compare to the ones on the Oppressor? The vehicle with the longer range and/or quicker lock on should win the majority of heads up battles between the two.

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Get both.

The Oppressor is much, much faster and can climb and dive vertically.  However you only glide with it and you much touch down to recharge the engine, if you bump something you can go flying off, and its unique icon on the map screams "I'm a douche" and people will attack you simply you're on one and it's an infamous griefer tool.

The Deluxo is slower in the air than it is on the ground and its hover mode isn't the same as other aircraft.  It seats two (with some protection) and it's also effectively a boat that can cruise on the surface of the water.

• gtafan26, hei3enberg, IamCourtney and 2 others like this

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

The Oppressor is better if you want a quicker ride across the map. The Deluxo will easily get outsped by an Oppressor. AND you can't dodge missiles like you can with the Oppressor.

Deluxo.

The Oppressor is a piece of sh*t.

Dislike

• SHADOW OPS likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Pedinhuh, 4 weeks ago.

Deluxo, when meeting with a Opressor, you should fly straight at it, under or over it, never at the same level(similar tactic you use when driving the Vigilante), as soon as you see the reticle targeting the bike, fire two missiles at it and then trigger passive mode so the bike missiles won't hit you and you will walk away with the kill :)

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo, when meeting with a Opressor, you should fly straight at it, under or over it, never at the same level(similar tactic you use when driving the Vigilante), as soon as you see the reticle targeting the bike, fire two missiles at it and then trigger passive mode so the bike missiles won't hit you and you will walk away with the kill :)

For some reason it really bugs me when players confuse passive abuse with PVP tactics. Getting a kill by going passive doesn't prove the Oppressor is better than the Deluxo or vice versa. It just proves you are better at going passive than your opponent.

Not directing this at the quoted post but in general it has annoyed me more since the Smugglers Run DLC. The majority of air battles are won by the pilot that is better at popping in/out of passive.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 4 weeks ago

For some reason it really bugs me when players confuse passive abuse with PVP tactics. Getting a kill by going passive doesn't prove the Oppressor is better than the Deluxo or vice versa. It just proves you are better at going passive than your opponent.

Not directing this at the quoted post but in general it has annoyed me more since the Smugglers Run DLC. The majority of air battles are won by the pilot that is better at popping in/out of passive.

Being honest, I just use this tactic with the Deluxo because the Opressor missiles are unavoidable with it.

But with the Vigilante I can just blast away before the missile hits me, with the Ruiner 2000 I can hop over an obstacle.
  • JustCallMeNiko likes this

oli_152
  • oli_152

Someone you don't wanna know about

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by oli_152, 4 weeks ago.

Pro for Oppressor :

- Faster than the Deluxo (Mostly because of the boost)
- No cooldown for calling it trought Motorcycle Club Abilities
- Lower Buy Price

Cons for Oppressor :

- Has a cooldown for the Boost
- Doesn't stay in the air for long unlike the Deluxo
- No protection if you hit something or being shoot
- Harder to get on the ground without getting killed compared to Deluxo
- You can't have both Machine-Gun and Missile Launcher

Pro for Deluxo :

- Always stay in the air
- Easier to go on the ground
- No Boost to begin to fly
- The Car's Body is protecting you much more than the Oppressor
- You can switch from Machine-Gun and Missile Launcher

Cons for Deluxo :

- Higher PriceTag
- Has a cooldown for calling it (Mechanic's Cooldown)
- Not so fast compared to the Oppressor

Being the owner of both :
Keep your Oppressor, you can call it whenever you want compared to the Deluxo because of the Motorcycle Club abilities
Has a boost which if you have enough experience behind the wheel, you can maybe even go fast like a Buzzard Attack Chopper
  • hei3enberg, Arrows to Athens and ash-274 like this

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 4 weeks ago

Opressor for killers and Deluxo is for chillers.
  • hei3enberg, Arrows to Athens, IamCourtney and 10 others like this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

Deluxo, hold the missles.

Reminds me of that hover car from BladeRunner 2069.

:) I Chang

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

Opressor for killers and Deluxo is for chillers.

This is my new crew motto.

• LL Cool L, Zach Fett, SHADOW OPS and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users