Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is the timeline of events in GTA 4?

4 replies to this topic
Domand
  • Domand

Its Wanting That gets So Many Folks In Trouble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

How long does the game suppose to be in their universe? Like does it take course over a few months? We know it is suppose to be within 2008 and seems to be during the more colder seasons like fall considering the environment and details we see in game like with the breath when Niko breaths and the trees color. Now based off the comments some characters make like when Niko says " I should of killed you a long time ago...goodbye Dimitri" It indicates its been quite awhile since the start of the game towards the end. That dialogue is from Revenge choice. Deal choice also has dialogue in the last mission with Little Jacob saying the events with Dimitri's betrayal having been a long time ago. I assume atleast maybe 3 months is the course of the game. I could be really wrong. Your thoughts?

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 4 weeks ago.

3 to 4 months seems the most plausible. I was even thinking about this the other day. I finished the story in 121 in game days in my last play through.

• Domand likes this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's a few months, logically. In TLAD when you go to rob Tony and Luis at the docks Jim says the Platypus arrived at LC "a few weeks back". Thats probably the halfway point of the game, I estimate about 6 weeks in.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Domand like this

Steezy.
  • Steezy.

Dimension Shifter

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I'd say the events of all three stories happen in a span of 4 months (Specifically, from October to January) I heard somewhere that the calendars in certain interiors say different months, from August (Although I doubt the game takes place that early) to October to January.

TBoGT is the last story to happen, and it features songs that came out in 2009. My theory is that Johnny's story ends around late November/December, Niko's story ends around December, and Luis kills Bulgarin sometime in January.

Then there's Chinatown Wars, which takes place in 2009, most likely around the spring.
  • Domand likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Zello, 4 weeks ago.

Could be around January to April or September to December.

The problem with it taking place in January to April is that the game looks like it takes place in the fall with the leaves changing color.

If it takes place from September to December the only thing really missing is Christmas decorations and stuff New York city feels really different around that time and that's how you really know you're in December.
  • Domand and Steezy. like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users