Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:42 PM

IRISH....hands down!

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

First off, I want to say that John would not be in his early twenties but your photoshop is impressive. Hes 38 in the first game and I dont think this game takes place more than maybe 6 years before the first one. I hope there will be as few recurring characters as possible, mostly because I want new characters. I think it would fun enough to hear someone like Nigel w Dickens mentioned in passing conversation or maybe Edgar Ross. If I had to only pick one Id want Landon Rockets but as youve noted the actor is dead.

Think about what cameos there were in GTA V, and Id like something similar to that. The most prominent is Packie, who you can easily miss, Roman is trapped in a chamber at the bottom of the ocean, Niko is mentioned in passing by Packie, and Johnny Kibbutz is seen for a second before being beaten to death by one of the new characters.

No way that game only takes place 6 years before rdr1. Look at the difference between rdr1 and rdr2 Dutch. That's 12 years at least lol.

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

That's the paradox, John. You see?

• BUSTED!
  • Nicaragua

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:40 PM

Maybe these days but I would be shocked if Dutch aged that much in 6 years. The way he was living is hard on a man. His time had passed, as he says. 6 years... 39-45 let’s say? That would make him about Jon’s age in the first game. I don’t think the old Dutch looks that old.
  • SuperKitsune likes this

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Maybe these days but I would be shocked if Dutch aged that much in 6 years. The way he was living is hard on a man. His time had passed, as he says. 6 years... 39-45 lets say? That would make him about Jons age in the first game. I dont think the old Dutch looks that old.

Dutch was 53 in the first rdr and rdr2 Dutch does not look like a 47 year old man in my humble opinion.

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

That's the paradox, John. You see?

• BUSTED!
  • Nicaragua

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:52 PM

Ah! I didn’t know that, that’s interesting. Well, that certainly deflated basically everything I said. The main reason I stick to it is because 1905 was the downfall of the gang, and that seems like the most interesting time to set the game. In the first one R* said they intentionally set it really late so that it would be about the west being overtaken by modernity, as they put it, “about ‘the death of the West’ rather than ‘the myth of the West’” because they simply thought it was a more intriguing setting.

Likewise I don’t think it would be that interesting to just know the story of “I’m an outlaw in the West in an idealistic gang” instead of “I’m an outlawing the West but my idealistic gang is falling apart”
  • UltraGizmo64 and SuperKitsune like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Daily Globe
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

He could pass as mid-40's in the RDR2 trailer IMO. He's wealthy, dresses well and looks after him self, that can do wonders in keeping you looking young. Do agree with the thinking that the game is set earlier than 6 years before RDR1 though.

• tsycho and SuperKitsune like this

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Just throwing this into the discussion. Between the two pictures are 3 years in the game...

jack-marston.jpg

To me Dutch looks like he's in his mid-40s in the second trailer. Arthur looks a bit younger than Dutch (late 30s to 40 years old imo). But that's just my guess.

• UltraGizmo64, Hunter S. Compton and SuperKitsune like this

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:26 PM

Ah! I didnt know that, thats interesting. Well, that certainly deflated basically everything I said. The main reason I stick to it is because 1905 was the downfall of the gang, and that seems like the most interesting time to set the game. In the first one R* said they intentionally set it really late so that it would be about the west being overtaken by modernity, as they put it, about the death of the West rather than the myth of the West because they simply thought it was a more intriguing setting.

Likewise I dont think it would be that interesting to just know the story of Im an outlaw in the West in an idealistic gang instead of Im an outlawing the West but my idealistic gang is falling apart

Yeah I get your point and it's a valid one at that. However to be fair the sources of Dutch being 53 are hard to find. I clearly rember reading it a few years back and now I only can find it on the Dutch rdr wiki.

I agree with you on the point that rdr1 was the old west after it's prime and rdr2 being about the heydays or the myth of the old west.

But think about it really..In 1906 the old west was already dying. To really go to the time were the old west, the myth itself was booming, It would be the 1880's to late 1890's. I can't shake this feeling that rdr2 will take place in 1894.

He could pass as mid-40's in the RDR2 trailer IMO. He's wealthy, dresses well and looks after him self, that can do wonders in keeping you looking young. Do agree with the thinking that the game is set earlier than 6 years before RDR1 though.

Which year do you think it is set in?

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 27 January 2018 - 06:40 PM

Just throwing this into the discussion. Between the two pictures are 3 years in the game...

jack-marston.jpg

To me Dutch looks like he's in his mid-40s in the second trailer. Arthur looks a bit younger than Dutch (late 30s to 40 years old imo). But that's just my guess.

Not far from my guess..Arthur I think is around Dutch's age. I think they know each other from way back and Arthur gets called in as a mercenary for Dutch's gang.
  • Safari likes this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:41 AM

Image of John and Title updated. Will add more characters soon.

SuperKitsune
  • SuperKitsune

Kitsune

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 29 January 2018 - 11:53 AM

Image of John and Title updated. Will add more characters soon.

?? What do you mean

SeniorDerp
  • SeniorDerp

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2018 - 12:39 PM Edited by SeniorDerp, 29 January 2018 - 12:43 PM.

Posted this over in GC but this is probably a better spot. Playing RDR the other day and thought Norman Deeks (Bill Williamsons right hand man) looked pretty similar to the fella with the big chops in the second RDR2 trailer. They have similar chins and bold brows over the eyes. Also, the hat looks to be the same one. 

1RZDUUVl.jpg

• MostWantedMVP, Hunter S. Compton and osinski like this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 January 2018 - 01:05 PM

Posted this over in GC but this is probably a better spot. Playing RDR the other day and thought Norman Deeks (Bill Williamsons right hand man) looked pretty similar to the fella with the big chops in the second RDR2 trailer. They have similar chins and bold brows over the eyes. Also, the hat looks to be the same one. 

-snip-

Nice find, looks like Norm. Especially the nose.

I'll add him to the post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users