Photo

Cameos in Red Dead Redemption II

42 replies to this topic
MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:22 AM Edited by MostWantedMVP, 29 January 2018 - 11:50 PM.

7BOj8HQ.png

As we're all eagerly awaiting News on Red Dead Redemption II, it got me thinking about characters from the previous game and how good it would be for them to make an appearance as younger versions of themselves.

Whether it's a brief moment or a complete mission of interaction, these are some of the cameos I'd like to see in Red Dead Redemption II.

Edgar Ross

The backstabbing law enforcement body. Perhaps one of the "Law men in three different states" as mentioned in the trailer.

x31qSgO.png

Seth Briars

It would be very interesting to see what Seth was like years prior to Red Dead Redemption. 

Perhaps we could see what led him to become the psychotic treasure hunter.

F9l6o1Q.png

John Marston

Assuming John is in his early 20's I would love to see the interactions between the Van der Linde Gang and how they treated John.

Maybe we'll find out how he got those scars?

OFPzZOO.png

Norman Deek

Could this possibly be a young Norman Deek a.k.a Bill Williamsons right hand man in Red Dead Redemption?

The man from the second trailer in the bar scene shares a shocking resemblance, especially the nose and mutton chops.

It will be interesting to see how both Bill and Norm interacted with eachother.

xdvpq8e.png

What cameos would you like to see in Red Dead Redemption II?

• EVOLUT7ON, Lock n' Stock, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

garou the badass hero hunter from one punch man.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

landon ricketts for sure. but the downside is his voice actor died. so he would have to be voiced by someone else and that would suck. i still remember how hudson from black ops returned from black ops 2. he had a different voice actor. it was so weird. he looked just like the guy from black ops. but sounded like a totally different person. i hated it.

irish. from what we know of him he has traveled a bit. so it wouldent surprise me to see irish again. it would be good to see him again.

maybe some of the mcfarlanes. we know drew and his family lived in new austin for a long time. but it would be cool if we saw drew. or a youger bonnie. maybe we could see how some of drews sons died.

marshal johnson. he was a great character. maybe he was one of the lawmen chasing arthur morgan. it would be so cool to see a younger more badass marshal johnson.

abraham reyes. he is the only character from the mexican story that i think could make it to rdr 2. he is rich. plus he did mention about his travels. so maybe he went to america for some kind of a deal. like maybe him trying to get ahold of guns and equipment for his rebels. that would be cool.

last but not least west dickens. he was such a cool and funny character. i would love to see what kind of scams and craziness he was up to back then.

• MostWantedMVP and HOONART like this

RedDeadRenegade
  • RedDeadRenegade

Outlaw

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

None of these except John. There's no point in bringing back any of these characters except for fan service. Outside of characters associated with Dutch's gang, I'd leave all the RDR characters alone. Make knew, interesting characters. I don't need to see a young West Dickens or Irish or any of that crap. ESPECIALLY not Landon Ricketts, God, that would stick out like a sore thumb. Leave Landon alone, his voice actor died and it would be way too weird to recast him, not to mention it makes little to no story sense why he'd show up. Considering the leaked map, I wouldn't be surprised if smaller, npc characters from Blackwater make a reappearance, but thats about it. I really don't want this to turn into a Star Wars prequel garbage type thing where a bunch of characters show up from the original for no real reason other than to please fans, screwing up the story in the process. Let sleeping cowboys lie. 

Efreet
  • Efreet

Has your mother finished mourning your father?

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Except for Dutch's group, I don't think we will see cameos or other returning characters. Lawmen like Ross? Maybe.   

• Heidi McCourt likes this

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:06 AM

Edgar Ross is the one in the second trailer who says "You're a wanted man, Mr. Morgan...". At least it's his voice actor.

PapasHota
  • PapasHota

Meet one of the few benefits of your civilization.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:11 PM Edited by PapasHota, 16 December 2017 - 12:12 PM.

Edgar Ross is the one in the second trailer who says "You're a wanted man, Mr. Morgan...". At least it's his voice actor.

Its not him

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:23 PM Edited by tsycho89, 16 December 2017 - 01:51 PM.

https://youtu.be/LCP--QamqjE?t=95

https://youtu.be/F63h3v9QV7w?t=25

Compare the voices, especially stretched words like "games" in the cut scene and "man" in the trailer .

Edit: I made a short audioclip out of the cutscene from RDR 1 and the Trailer fro RDR 2, for a better comparison:

https://clyp.it/f0crn1r2#

• MostWantedMVP, Dick Justice, UltraGizmo64 and 3 others like this

BUT THE BENZ
  • BUT THE BENZ

How much for the benz?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

^damn yeah....a younger edgar ross, sure why not!

we need to see IRISH again, and SETH! (they ought to get their own DLC but who cares what I want ;D )

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:45 AM

I really didn't think it was Edgar until I heard that comparison. The FBI was formed in 1908, so I wonder what he was doing before he became a government agent. Maybe he's a local lawman or a Pinkerton agent or something. 

• tsycho and zachsterosu like this

tsycho
  • tsycho

Just ignore the bodies.

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:07 AM Edited by tsycho, 17 December 2017 - 03:08 AM.

I really didn't think it was Edgar until I heard that comparison. The FBI was formed in 1908, so I wonder what he was doing before he became a government agent. Maybe he's a local lawman or a Pinkerton agent or something. 

That's what I think about all the time since i figured that it's Edgar Ross, who doesn't sound TOO much younger than in RDR 1 ... either RDR 2 plays AFTER/or in 1908 (so Ross is already a Federal Agent) OR before that  ... which would mean that he was a lawman, but not yet from the "FBI " or "BOI" (Quote from Wikipedia: "(...) In 1896, the National Bureau of Criminal Identification was founded.(...)" - preliminary stage of the BOI/FBI).

... god damn, i don't even care, i just wanna play this game so f****** hard :D

• zachsterosu likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

CJ or Big smokes great great grandfathers
  • Spaghetti Cat, gunziness, universetwisters and 1 other like this

joshua969
  • joshua969

Cholla Springs Tour Guide

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

It would be kind of cool to run into some of the characters from the stranger missions.

Jon Jon
  • Jon Jon

Iddy Biddy Tiddy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

landon ricketts for sure. but the downside is his voice actor died. so he would have to be voiced by someone else and that would suck.

He would be younger anyways so a younger sounding voice actor would make sense.

TheDon1223
  • TheDon1223

"Get three coffins ready..."

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:39 PM

HERBERT MOOOOON

• universetwisters, Fluffy Sock, Lock n' Stock and 2 others like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

I'd rather not see any old characters returning, R* has a habit of ruining old characters, but probably some Strangers & Freaks might make a reappearance, and I wouldn't mind that.

Heidi McCourt
  • Heidi McCourt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:56 AM Edited by Heidi McCourt, 30 December 2017 - 05:01 PM.

I can only see john and possibly edgar ross returning in red dead redemption 2... seth not so much we can tell because bill and john never knew seth In Dutch's gang, also he just wouldn't make an impact on the story of the game. Id rather see Landon Ricketts or something but that highly unlikely because his voice actor passed. 

• zachsterosu likes this

PapasHota
  • PapasHota

Meet one of the few benefits of your civilization.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:28 AM

Actually Williamsom knew Seth before the events in RDR

Marston: You know Bill?

Seth: Oh yes. I met Williamson and Deek  and all them boys. Sometimes they call me on when they got some special job needs doin'. I got a reputation as a man who do things most other fellas won't.

RedDeadRenegade
  • RedDeadRenegade

Outlaw

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:57 AM

It's more than likely Bill only met Seth after he left Dutch's gang, as John had never met or heard of Seth before. And Dutch's gang broke up shortly after they left John for dead, so.... yeah, I find it unlikely we'll see Seth in this game.

• Efreet, tsycho and zachsterosu like this

Jimmy
  • Jimmy

• Best Jimmys
  • India
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Best Poster in Movies / TV 2017
    Best Jimmy
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]
    Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:25 AM Edited by Arrow, 29 December 2017 - 05:26 AM.

Edgar's voice actor is there, according to the trailer, so there's a fair chance of seeing him. Apart from that, Seth and John would be the only characters that I would like to see & maybe some other guys from Dutch's gang.
  • tsycho likes this

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:32 AM Edited by Zello, 29 December 2017 - 05:32 AM.

It's more than likely Bill only met Seth after he left Dutch's gang, as John had never met or heard of Seth before. And Dutch's gang broke up shortly after they left John for dead, so.... yeah, I find it unlikely we'll see Seth in this game.

Maybe Seth appears early on in the game before we see John. Seth would interact with Arthur and Dutch but not John

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

brb sitting in my 85 Skylark as it idles in the garage

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

President Taft

Heidi McCourt
  • Heidi McCourt

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:59 PM Edited by Heidi McCourt, 30 December 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Actually Williamsom knew Seth before the events in RDR

Marston: You know Bill?

Seth: Oh yes. I met Williamson and Deek  and all them boys. Sometimes they call me on when they got some special job needs doin'. I got a reputation as a man who do things most other fellas won't.

Yes, seth knew Bill from the fort myers they didn't meet when bill was in the gang is what I meant. Seth's talking about Bill's new gang Deek was a part of Bill's new gang.

djb204
  • djb204

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:59 AM

Im very surprised that everybody here has failed to consider the large collection of characters seen in Red Dead Revolver. Hint Hint.
  • zachsterosu, damienrayemusic and Heidi McCourt like this

damienrayemusic
  • damienrayemusic

Golden

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 January 2018 - 03:04 AM

Im very surprised that everybody here has failed to consider the large collection of characters seen in Red Dead Revolver. Hint Hint.

I literally just made my own topic about that that I hope people contribute to! Funny how I see this now too. Either way yes... I highly think Red Harlow, Shadow Wolf and Jack swift will be in rdr2.. i even think jack swift is the englishman on the cover art reveal with the 7 characters

djb204
  • djb204

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:23 AM

I literally just made my own topic about that that I hope people contribute to! Funny how I see this now too. Either way yes... I highly think Red Harlow, Shadow Wolf and Jack swift will be in rdr2.. i even think jack swift is the englishman on the cover art reveal with the 7 characters
Id love to see Red Harlow. We apparently play a gang on the run in Redemption2, so maybe Red Harlow being a bounty hunter could be a pursuer? That would be a cool cameo😎
  • damienrayemusic likes this

damienrayemusic
  • damienrayemusic

Golden

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:11 AM

Id love to see Red Harlow. We apparently play a gang on the run in Redemption2, so maybe Red Harlow being a bounty hunter could be a pursuer? That would be a cool cameo😎
omg yes plz do this r* !!

KevFB
  • KevFB

Tu bluffes pas Martoni !

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:27 PM Edited by KevFB, 16 January 2018 - 09:29 PM.

I would like to see the Strange Man again in RDR 2, subjecting Arthur to various moral dilemmas, like John before. Also, he seems to know Dutch's Gang past story very well in the first Red Dead Redemption. (even if it can be explained by the fact that he is God or Satan)

1392823-iknowyou.png

• Safari likes this

Jesucristo
  • Jesucristo

☠ Soldier ☠

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

What a pictures! LOL
In RDR2 there'll be just one cameo and will be a younger John Marston. Not more. I hope to discover an oldest New Bordeaux.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:20 PM Edited by Corndawg93, 27 January 2018 - 01:22 PM.

One cameo I hope to see is West Dickins, dudes a traveling sailsmem, he's bound to be show up and robbing people of their hard earned money before heading off to New Austin.

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

That's the paradox, John. You see?

• BUSTED!
  • Nicaragua

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

First off, I want to say that John would not be in his “early twenties” but your photoshop is impressive. He’s 38 in the first game and I don’t think this game takes place more than maybe 6 years before the first one. I hope there will be as few recurring characters as possible, mostly because I want new characters. I think it would fun enough to hear someone like Nigel w Dickens mentioned in passing conversation or maybe Edgar Ross. If I had to only pick one I’d want Landon Rockets but as you’ve noted the actor is dead.

Think about what cameos there were in GTA V, and I’d like something similar to that. The most prominent is Packie, who you can easily miss, Roman is trapped in a chamber at the bottom of the ocean, Niko is mentioned in passing by Packie, and Johnny Kibbutz is seen for a second before being beaten to death by one of the new characters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users