KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't know if I'm good at the game or I just have luck

I find this mission to be very straightforward and easy, even in hard mode

Maybe it just suits your playstyle. Care to share your tactics so those struggling can learn to find it straighforward and easy as well?

My advice would be patience and to expect to press forwards together, being sure to kill all you try to, looking for the RP flash or red crosshairs to know you or teammates made the kills they attempted too.

Slow and steady, and to be fair, treat it like a load of mini survivals. Stage by Stage, sticking together and only move forward when ready. The cutscene in the finale of act 3, while may annoy those that heist consistently, is a handy minute to pause for thought too.

Hosts too must be patient. Allow teammates time to refill their snacks and armour. Many don't know we can refil at a CEO's facility too. Better that than they turn up empty handed and die more often.

These jobs are a bit more involved than the last heists. There's more emphasis on sticking together rather than have one shoot off ahead and wrap the job up quick too.

Patience is key, easy answer I do agree, but it's definitely a good starting point.

And if you take players under rank 100/135, they naturally can't take as much damage, certainly once you get to act II, the NPC's are far less forgiving. Know your teams limits.
  • Ezekeil2Ofive17 likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

For some reason, blasting through the Russians as quickly as possible in this setup seemed to work for me. The sooner I advanced through the foundry and got to ULP, the less risk I had of getting killed while in cover and surrounded by 5+ OP enemies. Sure I did take cover when there were too many around each other but I made sure to pick them off as quickly as possible with my MKII Combat MG and then keep it moving and only taking cover if and when absolutely necessary.

Quicker you get to him, quicker you get out. Just make sure your team outside is doing a solid job of taking out the enemies otherwise you'll be swarmed by them while you're inside, making it damn near impossible to complete the setup properly. Then it's just a matter of getting him to the drop off, easy peasy.
  • KWF1981 likes this

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by spukin, 4 weeks ago.

just finished CMM2 with my firend and i have to admit going slow as KWF says is the best plan inside. After entering remember to kill the guys at the end of the room which are hiding on the first floor (one will be on the left second on the right). For some reason npc staying higher than player are more accurate and take more damage. Also the enemies inside are limited but happened to me two times that someone spawned behind me. One time i was going with stairs down with ULP so there is no chance i missed him. My advice is to have snack menu open all the time higlighted on bigger snacks and watch the radar.

• KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by KWF1981, 4 weeks ago.

For some reason, blasting through the Russians as quickly as possible in this setup seemed to work for me. The sooner I advanced through the foundry and got to ULP, the less risk I had of getting killed while in cover and surrounded by 5+ OP enemies. Sure I did take cover when there were too many around each other but I made sure to pick them off as quickly as possible with my MKII Combat MG and then keep it moving and only taking cover if and when absolutely necessary.

Quicker you get to him, quicker you get out. Just make sure your team outside is doing a solid job of taking out the enemies otherwise you'll be swarmed by them while you're inside, making it damn near impossible to complete the setup properly. Then it's just a matter of getting him to the drop off, easy peasy.

Absolutely, it can be the way for some dude. But I do feel that this approach comes best for those a bit more confident with the game and had experience with the different levels of difficulty of NPC's we have across the game (and bugs to expect with NPC's). As I believe there are many that are heisting for their first real time, the 2,3, or 4 player options have seemed to been welcomed as players can now find it easier to join another, and with 2 certainly, and 2 that probably don't communicate beyond watching each others actions in the jobs at hand, to be cautious and sure is always a safe bet.

Being fair, my advice above was more for the whole of the heisting out there really too, and as you said, when you know you've got reliable guys playing with you, even if it's just players that are happy to restart on fails, rather than bail out like randoms, then you can go all in more, as the pressure is less and less.

The benefits of a team, too easy then, IMHO.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just want to add that im talking about 2 person approach for CMM when only one person is inside. Also note that we played it free aim and this will always slow things bit down specially when u can't die.

DarknessInferno
  • DarknessInferno

Survivalist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Easy mission. The only problem is the ULP bug that makes him not leave the room. That sucks.

Liquid Snake 245
  • Liquid Snake 245

The man with the same codename as you

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

3 of us a few weeks ago, I was Lookout.  The Ground Team died so easily and I just didn't get as to how because I thought it was piss easy on my previous goes.  Hadn't done it in a while until earlier today and this time I was Ground Team, with another random and 1 random was Lookout.  Done in no time, no deaths, smooth sailing.  I then asked one of the friends why they had so much trouble previously.  They didn't really give a response to that.

In closing, it's an easy setup as long as people aren't dumb.

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Rescue ULP is pretty easy atleast in my opinion. I managed to rescue him alone on my first try with minimal snack usage. The russian agents also seem to be weaker than other enemies during the heists. They go down in one shot from revolver mk2 even if you don't have any special ammo types while Cliffford mercenaries always take two shots. Even the goons guarding the helicopter during dead courier setup have more hp than a rank 100 player.

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Hunting Deluxos since 2018

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 weeks ago

Rescue ULP is pretty easy atleast in my opinion. I managed to rescue him alone on my first try with minimal snack usage. The russian agents also seem to be weaker than other enemies during the heists. They go down in one shot from revolver mk2 even if you don't have any special ammo types while Cliffford mercenaries always take two shots. Even the goons guarding the helicopter during dead courier setup have more hp than a rank 100 player.

In my opinion being outside on lookout duty is harder than being inside, at least if you not cheese it with Insurgent Custom or something. I tried using the watertower once, but somehow the enemies kept shooting me from impossible angles, not to mention the off-radar ones that scale the tower and flank you. Still won, but had to use way more snacks that I should have been.

And, as you said, the Russian grunts doesn't come close to the foreign agents aka merryweather (they're using the same models, same voicelines and same vehicles... foreign army my ass) or the Clifford Clones. Never been Rapid-fired glitched by them at least.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 3 weeks ago

Thinking about CMM 2. Normally I favour 2 players outside in an insurgent pickup custom. But that doesn't work with only one player outside. I also don't fancy using a Kuruma or a Tampa due to the threat posed by the buzzards.

What about a Vigilante? I don't own one but might get one.

If it's not CMM I've done this on foot before but that's a bit risky when 1 death is so costly.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by aFinn, 3 weeks ago.

Thinking about CMM 2. Normally I favour 2 players outside in an insurgent pickup custom. But that doesn't work with only one player outside. I also don't fancy using a Kuruma or a Tampa due to the threat posed by the buzzards.

If it's not CMM I've done this on foot before but that's a bit risky when 1 death is so costly.

Player that goes in blocks the other door with their car, you can go deep into the alley next to yellow door entrance with your Insurgent Custom if you wish, it's a safe place and you can make sure nobody goes in from that door.

You can then exit through that little gap at end of that alley, gunner may need to swivel turret a little to fit out.

That's how we did our CMM II

• Jimbatron likes this

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Surfer is life

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by zecanelao, 3 weeks ago.

Thinking about CMM 2. Normally I favour 2 players outside in an insurgent pickup custom. But that doesn't work with only one player outside.

It works. The Insurgent shouldn't be parked too exposed in front of the alley, otherwise that player has enemies coming from 3 directions plus the helicopters. No snacks can save the player in that position.
The player alone in the Insurgent has an easy life out there if it's parked correctly.
  • Jimbatron likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by KWF1981, 3 weeks ago.

Both of you could take a bigger/taller vehicles like insurgent or nightshark and park them near the door but leaving a gap on the middle so as to funnel them to you and keep them at a bit more distance and with far less angles on you as you hide as close to the door as possible behind the concrete barriers.

Just an idea. As I found treating it like a survival worked and just keep popping up, get a couple, pop down snacking as I go.

If you are auto aim, you can flick the left stick and go along the line of NPC's knocking them down, then back to finish them, or duck and snack/repaid while they're getting up.

Probably made it sound long winded, lol. But seemed good for me when I was outside alone the 2 times I did it. (1 on CMM III).

From what I've seen though, the Vigilante is a good toy on DDH jobs, just as I've not used it, I don't know it's weaknesses. I feel it'd be good, but possibly to tight of an area to confidently spam rockets in there, you know?.

Hope it's helpful anyhow dude. Good luck out there. :)
  • Jimbatron likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago

The mission is pretty easy if you know what you are doing. My buddy and I did it first try.
We used his armored kuruma and my weaponized tampa. We parked the kuruma right at the door so I and ULP could easily access it and we placed the tampa right in front of it. My buddy got in the tampa to fight the attacking npc's while i took my assault shotgun and went in to get ULP. On the way back my buddy took the lead in my tampa and I followed behind in his kuruma.

spukin
  • spukin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

You can have a really bad suprise when using a kuruma. Buzzard shoot rockets when u are inside vehicle and bullets when u are on foot. If u want to do the "block door" thing i recommend armored vehicle. 

Ka1o3d
  • Ka1o3d

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Played this mission on hard diffuculty with only one friend and didn't feel like it was tough.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 3 weeks ago

As with all of these threads, there's a lot of debate about whether it's hard at all or not.

Do we ever have problems completing it? No. Would I worry more about this one than most other setups when doing CMM II? Yes. It's definitely easy to get an unlucky death, and also is more risky with a smaller team.

• KWF1981 and Mr_Noob like this

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Surfer is life

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by zecanelao, 3 weeks ago.

I've had two runs as ground team during MM II, two completely different experiences.
The first one was easy, the second one was the hardest mission of the MM. Watch out for this mission if you're playing as ground team during the MM II challenge.
  • Mr_Noob likes this

Mistermilan07
  • Mistermilan07

Crackhead

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mistermilan07, 2 weeks ago.

Block backdoor with car
2 man go in the foundry
Drive past the concrete blocks to the end of alley with kuruma to hide from buzzards. Perfect view at entrance door. Shoot npcs.
Ground team leaves . pick em up
Drive fast to avoid buzzards
1 attempt. Easy

Mr_Noob
  • Mr_Noob

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mr_Noob, 2 weeks ago.

If it's not CMM I've done this on foot before but that's a bit risky when 1 death is so costly

The Kuruma as it is way to vulnerable to the buzzards - two or three can spawn at once making it impossible to get in complete cover.  The Tampa has the same issue but at least it is possible to shoot down the buzzards quickly... but there is way too much luck involved to risk either for a CMM run.  The time consuming preps really make CMM a lot of work compared to the old CMM. The Vigilante is no good because it offers no explosive protection, restricts the driver to rockets or those crappy front mounted guns and does not manoeuvre well. 

One door blocked and a carefully positioned insurgent is an option.  The Duke O'Death will take a few rockets and offers surprisingly good bullet protection from the ground troops, IF you keep moving and do not allow them to get too close to the front of the car.

Rescue ULP with 2 people is tricky and the outside guy has it worse getting attacked from all angles.  For CMM his main focus should be on not dying and then trying to assist clear the exit and getaway vehicle when the inside guy signals he is ready to come out.  Going slow the inside job is easier and even if a few guards sneak in behind there is cover to heal.

The biggest issue is that throughout DD there is all sorts of rapid fire and invisible  AI BS that can easily wreck a CMM run even for the best players. 

• zecanelao likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users