Thoughts about the "Rescue ULP" Mission

109 replies to this topic
Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

The Salvage Hardrive mission was a doozy for me, especially with just 2 people.  Why the hell did Rockstar have to program infinite A.I spawns right behind us from 2 ft away?

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

Fun fact: ULP stock health is 1100, 1650 on hard mode.

26 of the enemies use Assault Rifle, 18 use SMG, 22 use Pistol.

It requires 37 shots to kill him using the Rifle, 50 using the SMG, 43 using the Pistol.

Hard mode:

Rifle = 55 shots

SMG = 75 shots

Pistol = 64 shots

I can tank the whole setup if I have that amount of health with full snacks.

Wait wut? That dude can die? I tought he is unkillable, because he always was sitting in the bed of our Insurgent pickup, eating hits like a fat kid cookies on christmas.

• Azaan60, HARBUJAHN and Fireboy769 like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:13 AM

The enemies spawn in the exact same locations every time so after the first run you pretty much know what to expect.

This!.

Simple, and yet, the answer to the whole damn game really, lol. Especially heists. Just learn from experience, but so many just can't.
Exactly. Remember the beginning of 2015 Heists and it was a while before missions became routine. Step 1 was master the yellow path on the motorcycles; then people figured out other methods that, for some, worked better.
  • Jimbatron and KWF1981 like this

rebeldevil
  • rebeldevil

Alcohol-fueled Smartass

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

The Avenger setup was frustrating, but my friends and I eventually got through it.

The Rescue ULP setup cost me a controller. We haven't made another attempt yet. We're going to try it again because I've put in all this work and spent all this money and I'm not going to let it all go to hell.

• Fireboy769 likes this

The Sullinator
  • The Sullinator

Founder of LRMC Motorcycle Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

Fun fact: ULP stock health is 1100, 1650 on hard mode.
26 of the enemies use Assault Rifle, 18 use SMG, 22 use Pistol.
It requires 37 shots to kill him using the Rifle, 50 using the SMG, 43 using the Pistol.
Hard mode:
Rifle = 55 shots
SMG = 75 shots
Pistol = 64 shots
I can tank the whole setup if I have that amount of health with full snacks.

Wait wut? That dude can die? I tought he is unkillable, because he always was sitting in the bed of our Insurgent pickup, eating hits like a fat kid cookies on christmas.

The health thing doesn't matter if you don't get to him fast enough at the top though, he'll get shot instantly and you'll fail the mission.

I think this timer triggers after you shoot the first guy running out at the very top.

El Payaso
  • El Payaso

CPoC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

The finale takes the title of hardest mission.

• EkaSwede likes this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRY HARDER LZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:34 PM Edited by HARBUJAHN, 02 January 2018 - 04:04 PM.

It took me a few attempts i had a few odds against me. Rusty at pve/dodgy controller/and lack of patience. Its not a mission where you charge in doing barrel rolls with a grenade launcher lol. It was a wake up call doing it for myself but a brilliant mission regardless 

• Coranub likes this

doomsday_device
  • doomsday_device

chicken nugget

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 January 2018 - 11:09 PM

x-post from quick questions:

you can "shortcut" the rescue ulp mission. get an amored vehicle, trigger the watchtower point, then go in with ALL people in the steel factory. one has to wait by the door in case the npcs trying to get in. get ulp, shoot your way out, get in the car and you are good.

in my experience this is the easiest way because the team outside has a really rough time securing the area. in our last attempt the buzzards didnt even spawned this way.

• Lanesend likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 03 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

I think having played it a couple of times now there is little point in sending the lookout team up the water tower as instructed.

You are far better off in an Insurgent Pickup Custom if you have two players on the outside. The most important thing is not to get caught in the cross fire between two groups. Make sure all the bad guys are coming at you from one direction and you can retreat temporarily if your health gets low. Remember the guy on the gunner can temporarily duck down as well to recover health (it's the H key on the PC). Kurumas and Weaponsised Tampas are tempting options but they have a nasty tendency to get blown up, which won't happen with the Insurgent Pickup Custom.

I also did the look out role on foot by taking cover behind the stack of large pipes by the front entrance when we only had two players in total. That's further back from the boxes and you are far less exposed - again, they can only come at you from one direction. Just use the homing launcher or minigun to take out the helicopters at the first opportunity.

The team/player that goes in to the foundry just basically has to use cover and take their time.

• KWF1981 likes this

Sauce b嶧rnaise
  • Sauce b嶧rnaise

Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

Never had any trouble with this setup except for randoms dying two feet into the action. Completed it with a buddy of mine each time first try even though we swapped roles. No need for any elaborated shemes and tactics.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:37 AM

It's not too bad when your teammates cooperate with you, But when they don't listen and keep getting out of the insurgent it's hard to finish

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:45 AM

Not nearly as hard as people are making it out to be. Just move through the foundry quick picking off enemies as you go and get to ULP as quick as possible, it's much easier getting him out than it is getting to him in my experience. Rescuing Agent 14 is slightly harder than this but still not outrageously hard or anything. The act three finale easily takes that title.
  • Sauce b嶧rnaise and KWF1981 like this

Mr_Noob
  • Mr_Noob

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:21 AM Edited by Mr_Noob, 04 January 2018 - 09:22 AM.

It is tricky but not impossible.  Like everything in this game it is experience that counts...  once you have done it a couple of times you know what to look out for and that makes life easier.  

The first couple of times I did it on the ground team I thought it was awkward to get into the building but not hard at all once inside.  When I first did the cover role by following the instructions and going to the top of the tower I did find it more difficult as there is not 100% cover up there and it is easy to get swamped by the infinite spawns.   But then we learned that the cover team doesn't actually have to activate their check point... you can park any vehicle outside the door and cover your ground team that way.  The weaponized Tampa is good if you make sure to take down the Buzzards immediately and be aware that enemies will spawn behind you. 

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Never had any trouble with this setup except for randoms dying two feet into the action. Completed it with a buddy of mine each time first try even though we swapped roles. No need for any elaborated shemes and tactics.

Yeah. And to be fair, this far in, using a armoured vehicle on a job like this is just standard procedure too, IMHO.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

Not nearly as hard as people are making it out to be. Just move through the foundry quick picking off enemies as you go and get to ULP as quick as possible, it's much easier getting him out than it is getting to him in my experience. Rescuing Agent 14 is slightly harder than this but still not outrageously hard or anything. The act three finale easily takes that title.

I've played this setup several times now, both as Ground Team & Lookout and the Looksout died the most because they wouldn't take other players advice such as getting to a vantage point where NPC can't reach them or getting out of the Insugent to shoot instead of using the 50. cal guns

Eqaulo
  • Eqaulo

STRR Commissioner

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

You can just park the insurgent next to the door, that thing can drive over the obstacles. Used to go both inside, was just a bit annoying when you come out that there's 20 dudes shooting you. Find it easier to park up the insurgent next to the door at the end of the alley and just shoot them with the insurgent's machine gun. I kept the stock weapon on my insurgent (kills them really fast and no warm up time). If you stay in cover behind the machine gun they can't really hit you (you can always leave snack menu open). Really easy to take em out like this since they only come from one side, when my mate came outside he could just walk to the insurgent with agent ulp, get in and we drove off without getting shot. Played on hard btw.

The advantage with the insurgent is that there's no people shooting when the person comes out with agent ulp because they're already dead. If you both go inside then it's easy to get 1 shotted when coming out if there's that many enemy's shooting. Oh and there's also no need to go to the vantage point yellow thinghy, you can just ignore it. It doesn't need to be triggered to complete the mission. 

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Anybody else run into an issue where the agent died right after you killed the two guards outside?

I failed mission three times in a row because he would die as soon as I killed the guards outside the door I could never even make it down the hall to get close to where he's being held

Sauce b嶧rnaise
  • Sauce b嶧rnaise

Homie

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 04 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

Yeah. And to be fair, this far in, using a armoured vehicle on a job like this is just standard procedure too, IMHO.

Idk bout other people, I guess most would use some sort of armoured vehicle to get it done. Honestly I never seen the need for one. I go in there with a fast PV and usually clear out the foundry fairly quick to make it easier for my buddy on lookout. After that we grab the Nightshark and sail to drop off.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 04 January 2018 - 06:29 PM

Yeah idk the armored vehicle doesn't seem nessesary to me, plenty of cover near the entrance, just gotta watch for the occasional bad guy spawining behind you.
  • Sauce b嶧rnaise likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Idk bout other people, I guess most would use some sort of armoured vehicle to get it done. Honestly I never seen the need for one. I go in there with a fast PV and usually clear out the foundry fairly quick to make it easier for my buddy on lookout. After that we grab the Nightshark and sail to drop off.

Yeah idk the armored vehicle doesn't seem nessesary to me, plenty of cover near the entrance, just gotta watch for the occasional bad guy spawining behind you.

I know that, lol.

Just, well, damn near any random job has one. If it makes the lower ranks survive easier, I'm not bothered what they use really.

• Sauce b嶧rnaise likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

The lookout team makes the getaway from inside the foundry so much easier. Especially when you have a full team of skilled players.
  • KWF1981 likes this

les999
  • les999

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

I climbed that tower a lot and died a lot up there (not to mention falling down the ladder a couple of times). Now I've found a good place in the alley past where the door to go inside is. There is good cover there and no enemy spawn behind you. It's easy to shoot the enemy as they come into view, and the helicopters. You can also park a suitable vehicle there for the getaway.

The only concern I have is that there might be more enemy just going in the other door I can't see from there, perhaps making it harder for the ground team? 

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I climbed that tower a lot and died a lot up there (not to mention falling down the ladder a couple of times). Now I've found a good place in the alley past where the door to go inside is. There is good cover there and no enemy spawn behind you. It's easy to shoot the enemy as they come into view, and the helicopters. You can also park a suitable vehicle there for the getaway.

The only concern I have is that there might be more enemy just going in the other door I can't see from there, perhaps making it harder for the ground team? 

The ground team should be OK,if you are by the entrance door, that covers them from being shot by enemies in the back.

You can park a half track there by the door also and easily dispatch all the waves of attackers.

Personally I do ok on the tower, just taking out the choppers and ignoring the enemies on the ground.

Sleepwalking
  • Sleepwalking

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Spoiler

SuperJude
  • SuperJude

Not The Nicest Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I prefer to solo the inside portion of this mission. I can nail it alone every single time.

Just be aware of the guys who run in through the side doors. Other than that it's always the same number of people in the same locations all of who can be killed with a head shot or shotgun blast.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Been at this mission for over 3 hours... not because it's hard (as it's really not that difficult), but because no matter what, ULP refuses to move out of the room when the entire area is clear... 

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

Been at this mission for over 3 hours... not because it's hard (as it's really not that difficult), but because no matter what, ULP refuses to move out of the room when the entire area is clear... 

Oh

I ran into that issue the other day

I killed myself at one point to trigger a restart to see if that helped but it didn't.

By any chance was the host on the Lookout team?

I thought that might have been the issue, he went over to that team

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 4 weeks ago

Oh

I ran into that issue the other day

I killed myself at one point to trigger a restart to see if that helped but it didn't.

By any chance was the host on the Lookout team?

I thought that might have been the issue, he went over to that team

Yeah tried a few variations with host on the other team and starting from an Invite Only session but neither solved the issue. 

Wonder if it's because I'd done a heist finale not too long beforehand... anyway it's ongoing. 

just do it bob1
  • just do it bob1

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't know if I'm good at the game or I just have luck

I find this mission to be very straightforward and easy, even in hard mode

• KWF1981 likes this

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 4 weeks ago

I don't know if I'm good at the game or I just have luck

I find this mission to be very straightforward and easy, even in hard mode

Maybe it just suits your playstyle. Care to share your tactics so those struggling can learn to find it straighforward and easy as well?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users