What's with the cloaking Juggernaut?

34 replies to this topic
QuakerOats
  • QuakerOats

Player Hater

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

I've heard the (seemingly) AI super computer stuff, but cloaking... really? 

Is this actually based on, at least, some sort of experimental stuff or is this purely fictional?

If it's purely fictional, R* might as well include magic and spell, spaceship, or time travel in future DLCs then...

I just did a quick google search with the key words like "cloaking technology in military". But the stuff I found seem either fictional or conspiracist speculation.

Snipe_McHeadshot
  • Snipe_McHeadshot

d(-_-)b

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Come on man. It's a freaking game. Enjoy it. They were fun to kill with thermal only. 

• Flying Deluxo, LL Cool L, Fireboy769 and 6 others like this

Jamilian_Gaming
  • Jamilian_Gaming

Player Juan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

Is this actually based on, at least, some sort of experimental stuff or is this purely fictional?
If it's purely fictional, R* might as well include magic and spell, spaceship, or time travel in future DLCs then...

I just did a quick google search with the key words like "cloaking technology in military". But the stuff I found seem either fictional or conspiracist speculation.

Nothing in this game is even close to realistic anymore (flying deluxo im lookin at u) R* just puts in whatever they think will get them the most money because of Take-two

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

Expect this ability in the next DLC, tryhards will ejaculate.

• WildBrick142, Shadowfennekin, oleg_aka_djmeg and 11 others like this

secrecy274
  • secrecy274

Hunting Deluxos since 2018

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:48 PM

Nothing in this game is even close to realistic anymore (flying deluxo im lookin at u) R* just puts in whatever they think will get them the most money because of Take-two

Got to give them credit on the Akula though. Semi-realistic and decently balanced (at least so far).

• hei3enberg, Fireboy769, Silencer555 and 2 others like this

Jamilian_Gaming
  • Jamilian_Gaming

Player Juan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

Btw if u have it unlocked or have the security room i heared that the minigun will demolish those juggernauts.
  • Red Lynx 23 likes this

QuakerOats
  • QuakerOats

Player Hater

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:56 PM Edited by QuakerOats, 14 December 2017 - 02:58 PM.

I know, but... I really was hoping that some sort of experimental cloaking device exists so I can juststify this sh*t and sleep well at night.
But... oh well. I mean, come on, even Watchdogs didnt go that far...

Btw if u have it unlocked or have the security room i heared that the minigun will demolish those juggernauts.

I tried minigunning one face-to-face, but I got f*cked to death so... no. :v
I found some ways to deal with them though.
You can thermal-scope them from far away, or one-shot them with RPG.
For the last part, you cant explode them because they are protected by the fence. What I did was draw their attention near the escape helis while my teammate M60 them in the head from the other side of the warehouse.

Jamilian_Gaming
  • Jamilian_Gaming

Player Juan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

I know, but... I really was hoping that some sort of experimental cloaking device exists so I can juststify this sh*t and sleep well at night.

For the last part, you cant explode them because they are protected by the fence. What I did was draw their attention near the escape helis while my teammate M60 them in the head from the other side of the warehouse.

I’ll note that thanks for the advice

Darekl92
  • Darekl92

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

conspiracy experimental stuff.

pretty much like hand-holding raingun, ufo, san andreas jetpack (new one looks closer to real, original SA 2004 one looked like 60s concept) aliens and other stuff we got in gta

LL Cool L
  • LL Cool L

Living Healthy - Super Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

when has gta ever been realistic? I hate when people make this point

at what point was it realistic? when a gangbanger broke into a military base and stole a jet? the ability to roll you cars?

• MagicNarcosis, LT. Ronald C. Spiers, Valdorien and 4 others like this

QuakerOats
  • QuakerOats

Player Hater

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:03 PM

conspiracy experimental stuff.

pretty much like hand-holding raingun, ufo, san andreas jetpack (new one looks closer to real, original SA 2004 one looked like 60s concept) aliens and other stuff we got in gta

Jet pack isn't entirely fictional.

Hand-held raingun, UFO and aliens are just easter eggs for teh lulz... until Gunrunning introduced them as lore, that is.

iirc the cartoonish UFO belongs to FBI, and the more modern-looking one is own by the US Army.

Stupidis
  • Stupidis

In jetpack we thrust

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Obviously it exists research in this field. 

https://en.wikipedia...Cloaking_device

Haven't seen the mentioned gadget but really can't see any problem with it. If you want to be upset by unrealistic devices in the game the flying cars are much better to be angry at.

Black Terminator
  • Black Terminator

Black Widow

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

GTA has never been realistic op and will never be in the future. 

• Silencer555 and El Payaso like this

meat_popsicle
  • meat_popsicle

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:30 PM

When you run out of things to complain about, just invent new non-issues to complain about.

• SHADOW OPS likes this

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

Are we really going to pretend we didn't know the game was gradually becoming Saints Row?

JoeBoneless
  • JoeBoneless

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:16 PM

People complaining about realistic must have forgot when The Truth has CJ steal alien blood from a train
  • LL Cool L, PwnageSoldier and SHADOW OPS like this

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:25 PM

People complaining about realistic must have forgot when The Truth has CJ steal alien blood from a train

Pfft. As if aliens don't exist.
  • Jedi_n1te and Piro like this

Flying Deluxo
  • Flying Deluxo

"Nasty"

• Members
  • England
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

Thought it was pretty cool myself, nothing a few sticky bombs can't handle. 

• ash-274 likes this

johnnyapplejuice
  • johnnyapplejuice

Alan_O

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

Predator

DemonicSpaceman
  • DemonicSpaceman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Realistic?

I can get shot in the chest numerous times and survive. I can get run over by cars and brush it off. I can buy RPGs, miniguns, explosives and guns, no questions asked, over the counter in many convenient locations. I have been caught robbing stores, banks, government facilities yet I can still roam free. I have a bike that flies, a car that jumps and a lot of heavy weaponised vehicles which I can use, without anyone blinking an eye until a shot is fired. I can walk past police with a G36C in my hands without issue.

That's just scratching the surface too.

You are given thermal vision, you can (if auto aim enabled) lock on to them, one headshot and they are gone. You can rocket them (overkill but whatever), you can use your batmobile (realism - ha) and lock on to them, they did less damage to me than the guys on the sub did in a single shot.
  • LL Cool L and El Payaso like this

Killer Whale
  • Killer Whale

I used to have a negative article as my name.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

I'm not a PvP kind of person, but I would really like for an ability like this to be available. Restricted? Yes, as long as it's stays fun. Juggernaut suits? It would be very OP and it makes you slower and clunkier, and depending on the invisibility technology, you could be more perceivable by others. I think this functionality can come accompanied with a lightweight bodysuit of some kind, made from remnants of Avon's technologies. It would make you easier to kill with the benefit of staying invisible for longer and moving faster on both 1st/3rd person modes.

FriendsOfTheNRA
  • FriendsOfTheNRA

Grandpa gots KD

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

Molotov cocktails as in one

just do it bob1
  • just do it bob1

GTA Vehicle Collector and Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

Nothing in this game is even close to realistic anymore (flying deluxo im lookin at u)

R* just puts in whatever they think will get them the most money because of Take-two

Take-Two and Rockstar games are both equal partners. smh.

dieseltech20
  • dieseltech20

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:58 PM

Love when folks complain about ruined realism in GTA.

Because one can really Rob a store with a rocket launcher, kill the clerk and 50 cops and be completely forgiven/ignored after hiding in a tunnel for a minute.
  • SaltyGTAFMember and Forza Harrd like this

Snoopbr
  • Snoopbr

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

Even closer to Saints Row.

Darkshadows
  • Darkshadows

Boring guy

• Members
  • Colombia

Posted 20 December 2017 - 04:12 PM Edited by Darkshadows, 20 December 2017 - 04:13 PM.

Juggernaut armors, cloaking devices, hovering cars and human clones are just sci-fi concepts for now so yeah it's unrealistic as sh*t that they're not even prototypes.

Jetpacks and flying cars (not hovering and they're still prototypes) do exist so not everything is unrealistic i guess *shrug* 

SHARKEM
  • SHARKEM

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

2 shots from the pump shotgun with splosive shells chews em up noice.

ATP2555
  • ATP2555

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:27 PM Edited by ATP2555, 4 weeks ago.

Come on man. It's a freaking game.

Thanks for reminding us of something we already f*cking know, President Obvious.

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

lzzzzz

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Love when folks complain about ruined realism in GTA.

Because one can really Rob a store with a rocket launcher, kill the clerk and 50 cops and be completely forgiven/ignored after hiding in a tunnel for a minute.

I think it's more about the style of GTA. GTA used to be about criminals, with some unrealistic quirks yes but nowadays GTA is losing its identity and becoming more like saints row by integrating scifi elements into it. Our GTA Online characters are James Bond characters who save the world from nuclear war by defeating a self-aware super AI controlling an army of robot juggernauts with cloaking technology WTF

• Coranub likes this

polaris23
  • polaris23

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

My only problem with them is that they never show up again. Why introduce them in the first place?
  • Coranub likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users