Quantcast

» «
Photo

[GTAO] The Orbital Strike Cannon: Love it or leave it?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:27 PM

I was ridiculously excited when I read about the Orbital Strike Cannon.

But, like most things in modern GTAO, once I started assessing it and the overall costs, I grew suspicious.

The idea, basically, is that you can waste another player via satellite strike.

Sounds great! But hold on... there's a price.

It's $900,000 to add it to your Facility.
Then, you can use it Manually to locate your target and strike them for $500,000.
Or, you can do it Automatically for $750,000.

It's absolutely devastating, for sure! I was like a kid in a candy story using it.
Or, rather, like a cheap loser hiding in his Facility obliterating an innocent guy and his crew for just playing the game.

After using it, I discovered there's a 45-minute "cool down" before you can use it again.

"Uhhhhh.... what now?" I thought. "Oh, that's no good!"

For me, the only really good use I've found for it is to use against a griefer or toolbag who you really want to exact revenge on, but can't in any traditional way. You know that Level 848 that keeps destroying you in PvP? Well, this is for them.

But the satisfaction is short-lived and it's a huge effort for little gain.

These are my thoughts and opinions, but if I were to advise, I'd tell anybody to probably skip it. Just not worth the $$.

However, if you have the $$ and you like things like golden jets and big yachts, then by all means... go for it.

What about you all, though? Anyone playing around with this yet? Cheers!

Not my video, but it's a good visual reference:

• REXX and Excrescent like this

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:39 PM

Something like this should never be in online games. Might as well introduce a new menu that instantly kills another player. The costs and the cool down are the only acceptable thing about it.

Face it, if it was easily accessible, everyone would just hide in their properties.
  • gtafan26, fw3, YaHomieShrreder and 3 others like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

TRYHARD HUNTER Barcodes worst nightmare GTAF_CREW

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:41 PM Edited by HARBUJAHN, 13 December 2017 - 11:51 PM.

Good thing if used right 

Dancing ewo barcodes you want too play now :D one kill is what you play for right lol oops i mean LZzzzzzzzzzz 

Worth every dollar too see them rage quit (pathetic players are they the same person :))

• gtafan26 and Talisman_83 like this

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

The only thing that makes it ok is that you can troll the clickbait channels with it.

• Hazzardtohimself, HARBUJAHN, gtafan26 and 5 others like this

mcgroin
  • mcgroin

Falling down

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:17 AM

Can't say I'm a huge fan as it reminds me of the random script kiddie explosions that plagued last gen. Only back then players weren't trying to earn a crust in freeroam. It's just another Rockstar sanctioned griefing tool designed to pull money out of the game while further erroding the quality of PvP.

That being said, next time I get owned by a nine year old, I'll be scurrying to my facility and mashing that obliterate button like it's the Whack-a-Mole world championships.

Also we should be able to use it on LJT. In fact only on LJT.
  • Touge Spirit Leader likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:19 AM Edited by KWF1981, 14 December 2017 - 12:20 AM.

Shocking addition!.

Worse, there's a bloody trophy to use this on PS4, I've gotta serve up some poor sap...

I heard a rumour we get a free blast at Christmas with this. If true, I'll be making a deal with a friend, simple Invite session, use the free shot on each other, get the trophy and never return to that room. And if we don't get a free shot like I'd heard, then the manual aim will suffice. I ain't having just that one trophy missing...

Or, should I leave it completely???. It'd be the 1st game ever where I leave something like that incomplete. I could use it as a symbol, lol... f*ck money-orientated, cheat/child/griefer pandering bullsh*t garnered only to sever those that take the piss, or those willing to blindly throw cash at this crap. Dunno...

To have a game I deliberately not complete (in trophy/award/100% terms). Something to say 'f*ck off', won't ever be a c*nt, just for an 'achievement'.

Apologies for my strong words, I genuinely hate this type of nonsense. So yeah, what d'ya reckon?... Get it or leave it?. Damn game ain't been the same since the transfer, IMO, aside a few spells, though I've added many and that's flourishing... But this, a huge no...

LEAVE IT!... In the bin with research.

• jackrobot, gtafan26, YaHomieShrreder and 2 others like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

The only thing that makes it ok is that you can troll the clickbait channels with it.

Its a bait trap tbh, pay and lzzzzzzzzz #onebuttondoesplenty  :miranda:

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Punk Rock Jock

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:28 AM

I'd be broke if there was No cool down on it..
Just sit in public sessions and target everyone doing sales and sourcing vehicles
  • HARBUJAHN and gtafan26 like this

HARBUJAHN
  • HARBUJAHN

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:37 AM

Used twice myself mate. Special occasions only now (no barcodes mentioned)

• Fozzie likes this

Happy Hunter
  • Happy Hunter

Oft-requested

• Members
  • None
  • Governor of San Andreas 2017
    Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

I just use the Akula as a cheapo alternative. Wait around off the map for 20 minutes, blow up the tryhard, then I'm gone again. "1-0 lzzzzz" right back at you, useless c*nt.

This thing does make it harder for those guys. All they care about is their obsession with not being killed once. This update has made it very hard for them to keep up that obsession.

That said, I don't know how I feel about just being able to press a button to kill someone. Meh, I guess I'll see as time goes by. Too early to say.

• HARBUJAHN likes this

ParsoOnFire
  • ParsoOnFire

Barrel of a .45

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

Metro 2017

Everyone's now hiding in train tunnels, sewers and any other underground place the OSC can't reach 

• IamCourtney likes this

Excrescent
  • Excrescent

I woke up too moody, who gon die today?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:50 AM

Let me just put it like this. You wanna be on the giving side of this thing, and not the receiving side.

I'm neutral about it. I'm cool and content while in my facility preparing to deliver a strike, but while I'm outside I'm sort of frantic and on edge. LOL.

• IamCourtney likes this

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Coolest GTA Member 2017
    Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

I like it tbh.
  • Fozzie likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:05 AM

I feel like the prices should be an either/or scenario; either it comes free with the Facility and costs to fire, or it costs 900k to add it to the Facility and you can fire it for free, albeit once per in-game day, and only manual targeting.

900k + the firing prices = why bother?

• IamCourtney likes this

Fozzie
  • Fozzie

Punk Rock Jock

• Van Society
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:07 AM

I like it tbh.

When someone says "Your muscle car sucks, get a Super."
3aMXKPj.gif
  • fw3, REXX, psymin and 7 others like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Gonna use my 2 Christmas shots (1 per character) to obtain the trophy :p the 2nd shot will be on anyone I spot first with no ankles :lol:
  • Hazzardtohimself, YaHomieShrreder and GunTotinHippie like this

That1Skeleton
  • That1Skeleton

yup

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:01 AM Edited by That1Skeleton, 14 December 2017 - 02:02 AM.

Like a lot on here, I'm neutral on this as well.

The fact that anyone with the cash can just press a singular button to kill someone without any hassle or danger is... well I think you can see clearly why it's worrisome.

On the flip side, it can get rid of those annoying jet and helicopter c*nts who can only kill from their vehicle (talk about BF4 flashbacks) and care so much about their precious K:D

Freddie Gecko
  • Freddie Gecko

Pothead

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:37 AM

Hate it.
It's the standard of the game now.
Nothing can counter it. Some lobby hopping troll spawns in their bunker, spends $750,000 of modded/glitched cash and destroys a CEO group from the safety of their bunker. Jets, tanks, helicopters and dancing ewo snipers can be countered. Bunker buster nuke when?
  • Talisman_83 likes this

Nonstopmaximum
  • Nonstopmaximum

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

If you got a sh*t ton of modded/glitch money left, go for it. If not then it's for the best you save this thing for a special occasion. Maybe someone who's been really getting on your nerve.

AH-6_BirdTurd
  • AH-6_BirdTurd

Whirly Bird

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

Idk how anyone can complain about this honestly lol. Its a nice novelty to have ingame imho. I mean, with its almost 1 real world hour of cooldown and its hefty price tag.. I dont think anyone will be abusing this. The thing is good for 1 shot. Thats it. The cooldown is quite excessive also. It should be more like 20min. The price, while high, is understandable.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:13 AM

eh i used it once. i was like oh sh*t! i said im sorry for this to the random and boom. i feel dirty

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

I love that it cost almost a million just to put it in your base.

I do NOT like the price however, utterly ridiculous. You paid half or 3/4 of that just to get it in your facility!!!!!

The cooldown is fine, since it keeps you from spamming it.

But it should cost less than $50k at the price. It'd still stop people from spamming it as the novelty would run out fast, not to mention the near hour cooldown.

Yes, people would abuse it. But f*ck off, people abuse EVERYTHING else in this game.

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:20 AM

I don't get it. What is exactly the point of the orbital strike system? It's useless. You can get a cheap kill on someone, ok cool. But why would you want to spend 500k on a mere kill? It's pretty much the same thing as the office money safe

• Blasterman4EVER likes this

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:33 AM

For kids who are mad they they got killed by a vet and want to get some sort of pay back with out looking like scrub

Dburger
  • Dburger

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:40 AM

I have no problems with it because of the cost and downtime. 

Nick1020
  • Nick1020

Furry and Proud. Maybe

• GTAF Crew
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:55 AM

It never should of been added. The only people that benefit from this are glitchers or modded with millions.
  • Fugitive69 likes this

UKPortista
  • UKPortista

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

I'll use the alleged Xmas freebie (on someone thoroughly deserving)...but I won't pay for it. 

• Happy Hunter likes this

IamCourtney
  • IamCourtney

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:19 AM

I don't hate it... I really doubt it'll be seen too terribly often after the initial novelty wears off and people get their trophy.

That said, if any of my sale missions get hit with it, it will be the one exception to my "No Quitting Without Saving" rule. Taking a fair loss when I had the chance to defend myself is one thing, getting instaf*cked is quite another.

• gtafan26 and KWF1981 like this

FiVEOHFiVE
  • FiVEOHFiVE

Five-O, there go the Five-O

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:24 AM Edited by Supergamer505, 14 December 2017 - 05:24 AM.

I'll use the freebie for the trophy because the last stupid sh*t I bought was the yacht. I feel like the price per shot isn't justified seeing how mercenaries and strike teams get similar results (albeit never guaranteed kills). If you spend 900k just for it to sit there looking pretty, the price per shot shouldn't exceed 100k for manual and just double for auto.

vagosdude14
  • vagosdude14

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

I'm beyond interested to hear who has used it on a VIP doing Executive Search.

• SkylineGTRFreak likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users