Quantcast

» «
Photo

what year do you think GTA Advance is set in?

16 replies to this topic
Rempoda
  • Rempoda

I'm just a guy (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

I made my own research about this topic and i got the year 2000, but there's no enough evidence to prove it, so i wanna know your opinion about this (with theories or without theories)

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:02 PM Edited by jaljax, 13 December 2017 - 11:18 PM.

It take's place a year before the event's of Gta III so with that said it take's place in 2000

(Evidence) In the mission Love Of Money where Mike & 8-Ball are ambushed by the Columbian Cartel & not to mention 8-Ball burns his hand's in the mission as well which explains the fact of why his hand's are bandaged in III

Rempoda
  • Rempoda

I'm just a guy (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:40 AM

It take's place a year before the event's of Gta III so with that said it take's place in 2000

(Evidence) In the mission Love Of Money where Mike & 8-Ball are ambushed by the Columbian Cartel & not to mention 8-Ball burns his hand's in the mission as well which explains the fact of why his hand's are bandaged in III

it's probably but there's a mistake, in an article Liberty Tree said: A local hoodlum and criminal yesterday found out that after a lifetime of fast living, "bling and bitches" (platinum jewelry and loose women), crime really does not pay, after he was sent down for a long time, with no option of parole.  (i don't think that "a long time" it's a year), In a short struggle, the criminal's hands were badly damaged when a policeman accidentally poured hot fat on them (his hands were burned in the prision, not in the mission) so, i have 2 possiblities:

1. The game it's set in 1999 (wich i think is less probable) and that explains why in the article says that he was sent to prision for a long time.
  2. It's just an argument mistake and the game is set in 2000.
  3. The game it's set in begining 2001 by the look of some structures (which i also think is less probable cuz the look of Staunton plaza)

Here is the article: http://www.rockstarg...ree/story1.html 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

• Mr_Rager, jaljax, ClaudeIzABadAzz and 1 other like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Money Power Respect

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

it's probably but there's a mistake, in an article Liberty Tree said: A local hoodlum and criminal yesterday found out that after a lifetime of fast living, "bling and bitches" (platinum jewelry and loose women), crime really does not pay, after he was sent down for a long time, with no option of parole.  (i don't think that "a long time" it's a year), In a short struggle, the criminal's hands were badly damaged when a policeman accidentally poured hot fat on them (his hands were burned in the prision, not in the mission) so, i have 2 possiblities:

1. The game it's set in 1999 (wich i think is less probable) and that explains why in the article says that he was sent to prision for a long time.
  2. It's just an argument mistake and the game is set in 2000.
  3. The game it's set in begining 2001 by the look of some structures (which i also think is less probable cuz the look of Staunton plaza)

Here is the article: http://www.rockstarg...ree/story1.html 

By the look's of it III was released in 01 meanwhile GtaA was released in 04 which mean's this might just be a error you pointed out 

• Rempoda likes this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:54 AM

Nope, it was Christmas of 55'.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Are you guys blind? It's obvious that the game is set in the hot summer of '47.

Rempoda
  • Rempoda

I'm just a guy (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 4 weeks ago

Nope, it was Christmas of 55'.

Are you guys blind? It's obvious that the game is set in the hot summer of '47.

ok guys, i don't know if it's sarcasm but if the game is set in 1947 or 1955, 8-ball and Mike won't even be alive XD

• jaljax likes this

Leone Family
  • Leone Family

Grand Theft Auto Québec TC developer

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 weeks ago

What? It's set in 1947??? I was told it was set in 1760!

• jaljax likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

ok guys, i don't know if it's sarcasm but if the game is set in 1947 or 1955, 8-ball and Mike won't even be alive XD

But who's saying it's the same 8-Ball from GTA 3? And how do you know Mike won't be alive if his date of birth was never revealed ingame?

Rempoda
  • Rempoda

I'm just a guy (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 4 weeks ago

But who's saying it's the same 8-Ball from GTA 3? And how do you know Mike won't be alive if his date of birth was never revealed ingame?

is the same 8-ball cuz GTA Advance belongs to 3D generation (like CW in HD generation), otherwise if GTA Advance belongs to 2D generation there would be doubt that is not the same 8-ball (it's the same with Azuka)

And with the birth date of Mike, yes, it was never revealed but like i said previously, we're talking about the same 8-ball from GTA III and GTA LCS, so Mike must be the same 8-ball's age (or aprox) so it's impossible that the date of setting is at 1955 cuz (like i said previously) Mike and 8-ball won't even be alive and if they're alive they must be kids or babies. 

If i'm wrong, please correct me

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

It could've been 8-Ball's grandad who also goes by 8-ball we see in Advance who's grandson is in LCS and III.
  • jaljax likes this

Rempoda
  • Rempoda

I'm just a guy (☞゚∀゚)☞

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 4 weeks ago

It could've been 8-Ball's grandad who also goes by 8-ball we see in Advance who's grandson is in LCS and III.

it's a probably wich i think is very less probable, besides, Azuka and Misty appear in the game and i don't think they're her grandmothers cuz it would be a lot of coninsidence 

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

I think they are their grandmothers. Don't be so close minded????????????

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

Helegad
  • Helegad

Ass Technician

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Helegad, 4 weeks ago.

We don't exactly know when GTA III was set; if it's late 2001, then there's a good chance that Advance is also set in 2001. I've heard "one year before GTA III" everywhere, but never from a reliable source. 8-Ball was injured and arrested near the end of the story, so the prison transfer was probably shortly after. Hell, Mike could have been killing and destroying a path to Cisco's plane as the Callahan Bridge was blowing up, which would explain the pitiful police response to a suspected terrorist bombing.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Ivan1997GTA
  • Ivan1997GTA

Proud to Be Loud

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Ivan1997GTA, 4 weeks ago.

Most likely 2001, a few weeks prior to the events of GTA III.
  • jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users