Photo

[GTAO] The Bought It, Sold It Thread

114 replies to this topic
delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago Edited by delorianlazarus, A week ago.

X80
Faction

Both lasted less than 10 minutes in my garage.

ronbonjovi
  • ronbonjovi

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

That god aweful Bombushka when gunrunning released. Took it out, flew it, hated it, got blown up by a Hydra griefer which made me hate it more. Kept it in the hangar for about a week. Sold it.

I am really contemplating selling mine. I love the look of it in my hangar, but that is the only positive. It is the slowest aircraft in the game I feel like. When playing a Titan I can almost keep up to the Titan in the Cessna, but the Bombushka has no shot. 

How much do you get back for selling it from your hangar? Not at home to check.

Perez84
  • Perez84

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by Perez84, A week ago.

Desert Raid.

Not an immediate sale, but it didn't last long in my garage, and I used it like only once. Bought it (it was discounted) after getting the office garage, I had plenty of free space back then. I had planned to get both Desert Raid and its "CS brother" the Trophy Truck. When the Trophy Truck got discounted, I bought it and sold the Desert Raid, there wasn't space for the two anymore. No regrets, the Trophy Truck is much nicer.

nido997
  • nido997

Living in the City of Dreams

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by nido997, A week ago.

usually I don t want to sell any vehicles that I bought , I don t want to lose so much money .... but of course I sold some cars :

-BF Raptor : not that I don t like it , but It didn t fit in my collection and I don´t think that i´ll drive it around often in the future.

-Dubsta 6x6 : same thing , don t hate the car but somehow didn t feel that i ll drive around with it for long.

-Fraction : I really liked its style once, but then muscles & other US classics are not my cup of tea really..

I expect that I´ll sell other cars though , like the Burger Shot Stallion -bought it twice but I´m selling it this time for good- , Redwood Gauntlet ( I don´t use both at all , they were for free anyway), the ol´ Sandking XL ( for the upcoming Kamacho) , Buccaneer custom (I already have the regular worn green one , and  I feel that it should be a Muscle car not a lowrider... plus it s broken after the Doomsday heist DLC )  , and maybe others...

Willy A. Jeep
  • Willy A. Jeep

Best Of All... It's An Albany

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Oh, the poor Faction was my first bought, sold experience. I've always been a fan of Buick and the GN is an icon, but as soon as I hit that first curb and went fifteen feet in the air... Oh, I couldn't believe the pain.

Other than that, only two cars (both from the same update!) saw the same fate. Armoured Baller LE and unarmoured Cognoscenti. Cognoscenti was just a case of "I like luxury, but my Glendale is plenty," while the Baller disappointed me on all fronts. I took it into one contact mission and it was destroyed by NPCs after thirty seconds of small arms fire. Then the windows outright vanished, even after multiple replacements from Mors, so I just dumped it. I don't like modern Land Rovers, anyway.

JOHNNY GTA WATSON
  • JOHNNY GTA WATSON

SUPERMAN LOVER

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

A fully loaded weaponised tampa.Just felt like it belonged in a different game

Watain
  • Watain

Ridin' motorcycles and makin' mayhem in GTA since 1998.

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Watain, 15 hours ago.

Savestra...

Had it for a day. Bought it on its release day, liked its handling which was pretty fun driving with, but the customization options just didn't cut it for me. I wanted to make it look like a classic, not a rally car. Forced rally seats and some other strange options (a lot of bolted plates and whatnot) just made it impossible to settle for a nice and final look. Such a shame because it had great potential to become a beautiful classic.

• Bocknoi likes this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Praise The Moon

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Weaponized Tampa because the sensivity of the minigun is broken and annoying as hell to use on controller. Tho I'll buy it again once they fix it.

Dune Fav: I like driving buggies but Fav is too exposed for its purpose

AmyStone
  • AmyStone

Amy Stone

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

The Bombushka, it wasn't an immediate sell but since it was so slow I only flew it twice before selling.

I've never seen one flown in the game. As soon as I tried out a friends I knew it was junk.

• fw3 likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 6 days ago

Desert Raid.

Not an immediate sale, but it didn't last long in my garage, and I used it like only once. Bought it (it was discounted) after getting the office garage, I had plenty of free space back then. I had planned to get both Desert Raid and its "CS brother" the Trophy Truck. When the Trophy Truck got discounted, I bought it and sold the Desert Raid, there wasn't space for the two anymore. No regrets, the Trophy Truck is much nicer.

Unfortunately, I bought both the Desert Raid and the Trophy Truck, before discounts. I tried really hard to like them both, thinking there would be tons of opportunities to use them in Stunt Races and such, but it simply never happened. Never used either one of them for anything besides getting popped in Free Roam, so I sold them both within a week. 

More recently, however, I bought the Stromburg (the underwater car) thinking it was going to be awesome. Maybe I didn't explore enough with it, but I found absolutely no use for it. Sold it after playing with it for a couple of hours. I'd sold the Deluxo, but rebought it after selling the Stromburg. lol!

• Perez84 and Cutter De Blanc like this

Liquid Snake 245
  • Liquid Snake 245

The man with the same codename as you

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 6 days ago

The very first supercar I bought was the Vacca (I know, going way back!).  It looked cool and it just had to be got.......then I got it.......oh.....:/

This was a time when supercars could NOT be sold but when the option was added this thing was taken straight to the chopping block faster than you can blink.

A few mistakes along the way in terms of Pegasus vehicles but since the Vacca days I just know what suits me and can connect with, if that makes sense, and even character specific.  For instance the Visione, X80 and Stinger GT as I am a Ferrari fan.  The Hermes suits my Agent 47 character as it's the same car from Absolution.  For all the flak the Deluxo is getting here, I rather like it.  You just have to get used to it.  Jets flee in fear :)

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

The Protagonist In This Story

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

Has anyone bought and sold the Tula?

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

I have looked through my other character’s garages to see what I want to convert back to cash and picked two:

The Brawler, which I thought I already sold! Looks kinda cool, but unpleasant to use on- or off-road.
My Princess Robot Bubblegum Sultan. Driving it in the snow left some bukkake-like effects on the sides when I drove it into LSC. Yes, I saved a screenshot, no I haven’t uploaded it.

That’s a little over $1M back in my account.

Also nominated for the chopping block:
Zentorno and Adder, both in Kill-me-now paints and accessories.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

The Brawler, which I thought I already sold! Looks kinda cool, but unpleasant to use on- or off-road.

I got my butt kicked in an off road race the other night THREE TIMES by one of these badboys! I had one early on, but got rid of it.

I have to admit, I was pretty impressed that the player driving it in the race figured out a good use for it, because for me, I was at a loss! lol!

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 5 days ago

Only thing that comes to mind is Progen gp1, bought it, tried it in a race and when I noticed how slow it was I just sold it right away..
Have more cars I've sold after a good while but think the gp1 is the only car I've sold immediately

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

x80

would have sold the jetpack if i could. it's a great vehicle but i never really use it, whenever i do i get blown up by grievers and of course you can't make a claim when they destroy it ffs

J-Scott-D
  • J-Scott-D

J-Scott-D and Lezly-D on PSN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Repeating myself from the Vehicle B&M a while back, but I sold my Pegassi Monroe because it had a damn coffee cup in it. :(

I'm a collector and I actually like the car. Too cheap to buy it over and over in order to score one without interior trash.
  • alkaline_, Remapped and Liquid Snake 245 like this

DangerZ0neX
  • DangerZ0neX

It's K-Logg, dammit!

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 5 days ago

Declasse Yosemite

Bought it, sold it. I've wanted the Yosemite of San Andreas to return or any 70's C/K pick-up to have in my Paleto Bay garage since I want an actual new work truck that's not as lame as the Saddler or as performance oriented as the Contender, but what we got was a lowered air-bag suspension piece of trash.

I thought I'd change my mind if I owned, made it look nice, and drove it around a bit. Nope, didn't like it a single bit. It's such a shame because the body itself is perfect, but like I said, the air-bag suspensions are the reason why it's so bad. And as usual, the modding community knows how to fix imperfections that Rockstar placed in for no good reason whatsoever.

• ROCKSTAR MANIC and Mikovitch like this

jdv95
  • jdv95

grotti enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Has anyone bought and sold the Tula?

I did. But not right after i bought it though. A couple days later. it looks more fun then it actually is.

Dburger
  • Dburger

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Dburger, 4 days ago.

Declasse Yosemite

Bought it, sold it. I've wanted the Yosemite of San Andreas to return or any 70's C/K pick-up to have in my Paleto Bay garage since I want an actual new work truck that's not as lame as the Saddler or as performance oriented as the Contender, but what we got was a lowered air-bag suspension piece of trash.

I thought I'd change my mind if I owned, made it look nice, and drove it around a bit. Nope, didn't like it a single bit. It's such a shame because the body itself is perfect, but like I said, the air-bag suspensions are the reason why it's so bad. And as usual, the modding community knows how to fix imperfections that Rockstar placed in for no good reason whatsoever.

I wouldnt say that the Yosemites suspension settings are there for no good reason. The current classic truck trend is in fact air suspensions with dropped bodies and big wheels. They paid attention to that. Yeah, I guess its a shame that its not optional on the Yosemite, but the Yosemite isnt how it is without any reason.

Quarthon
  • Quarthon

Sunnyvale Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 4 days ago

I haven't read all the replies in this thread and maybe its already been said but, I would have sold my yacht a few days after buying it if I could. 

idonknowhow
  • idonknowhow

Homeboy

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 4 days ago Edited by idonknowhow, 4 days ago.

Super Diamond. Bought it to spawn the sea wash one. Job done and retired.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

Generally I research before I buy anything "big ticket"

^^ This. ^^

In fact, right after I bought my nightshark I drove my son's insurgent and liked it. The insurgents were on sale for like $600k so I bought it, upgraded it, drove it for 3 days and sold it at a loss.

I "might" look at the insurgent P/U but I've spent a while delivering weapons with them and would still rather have my nightshark or bob ("if" we could use the bob for that).

I agree that doing the research is best, as it's also good to wait a while for discounts.

However, I find that doing research doesn't give me the tactile, hands-on feel of a vehicle which is what I base my decision, to keep it or not, on.

Nothing like the smell of genuine Saskatchewan seal-skin leather bindings to make you keep a car! ;)

• FukNRekd likes this

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

This is restricted to vehicles that must be purchased. Street stolen cars that I kept then sold are not included.

Entity - my 2nd characters 1st car for supers races. Drove great, but I found it ugly and was replaced by the T-20 when it came out.

Pegassi Reaper - the car that ended my first characters obsession with owning all Pegassis. Sold pretty much a week after purchase. Thing is Uuuuuugly.

Exemplar - 1st character bought it to win Sedan Races. Sedan races were few and far between. Found it odd looking and preferred my convertible Rapid GT.

Rhapsody - 2nd character replaced this with the Brioso. Like my Brioso but kinda regret selling the rhapsody......not enough regret to rebuy tho.

Canis Bodhi - broke my rule of not owning any of the gta protagonists main cars cause I love rusty cars but eventually sold it cause Its Trevors car not my characters car.

Coil Brawler - once the trophy truck and the other truck came out this was gone.

Benefactor XLS armored - got it for the VIP car which I found out doesnt come armored.....bye bye.

Gallivanter Baller LE LWB armored - never used it

Pegassi Bati 801RR - once I decided to no longer own all pegassi vehicles I saw no reason to own 2 batis.

sh*tzu Defiler - Sold the same day, did not like the way this bike rides.

Pegassi Faggio Mod - did the accidental buy a vehicle put it in a full garage and replaced my Faggio forgetting it wouldnt move it to another garage but just make it disappear. Havent rebought and probably never will.

Western Nightblade - boring to me, for some reason it was made my 2nd characters favorite bike even tho he had it for one day and now he has no favorite bike.

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

This is restricted to vehicles that must be purchased. Street stolen cars that I kept then sold are not included.

Entity - my 2nd characters 1st car for supers races. Drove great, but I found it ugly and was replaced by the T-20 when it came out.

Pegassi Reaper - the car that ended my first characters obsession with owning all Pegassis. Sold pretty much a week after purchase. Thing is Uuuuuugly.

Exemplar - 1st character bought it to win Sedan Races. Sedan races were few and far between. Found it odd looking and preferred my convertible Rapid GT.

Rhapsody - 2nd character replaced this with the Brioso. Like my Brioso but kinda regret selling the rhapsody......not enough regret to rebuy tho.

Canis Bodhi - broke my rule of not owning any of the gta protagonists main cars cause I love rusty cars but eventually sold it cause Its Trevors car not my characters car.

Coil Brawler - once the trophy truck and the other truck came out this was gone.

Benefactor XLS armored - got it for the VIP car which I found out doesnt come armored.....bye bye.

Gallivanter Baller LE LWB armored - never used it

Pegassi Bati 801RR - once I decided to no longer own all pegassi vehicles I saw no reason to own 2 batis.

sh*tzu Defiler - Sold the same day, did not like the way this bike rides.

Pegassi Faggio Mod - did the accidental buy a vehicle put it in a full garage and replaced my Faggio forgetting it wouldnt move it to another garage but just make it disappear. Havent rebought and probably never will.

Western Nightblade - boring to me, for some reason it was made my 2nd characters favorite bike even tho he had it for one day and now he has no favorite bike.

Boy, I can't argue with any of these vehicles or the reasons why – with the exception of the Exemplar.

I bought it for the same reason: to race in Sedan races. Except, nobody hosts Sedan races, which is a real shame. I liked the odd look of it and still have mine. It has an air of class about it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users