[GTAO] The Bought It, Sold It Thread

230 replies to this topic
Luigi22
  • Luigi22

The Grinder

• Members
  • Guernsey

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

Nothing so far, always let others test new contect first and then if it's good and I really like how it looks etc, then go out and buy it.

BJBooBoo
  • BJBooBoo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:14 PM

I had the Tyrus for all of five minutes, I just felt silly driving it in freemode. I bought the Ultralight when it was sale but didn't like the handling and binned it.

• AWACS-SkyEye likes this

That1Skeleton
  • That1Skeleton

yup

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

The new Coil Raiden was a complete and utter flop for me.

I usually do this for all updates where I buy all of the new vehicles and just sell the ones I know I won't ever use.

The Raiden just looks so boring and is an electric car (meaning no noise, which just adds to how boring it is) and is almost 1.4 mil?!?

I could buy a 811, Tempesta, GP1, or 2 Tursimos (with change to spare) with that money, and those four cars are way more exciting and fun to drive.

Hell, that's almost Vagner money, and that's one of the best Supers in the game.

On the flip side, the new SC1 was a complete turn around for me.

Wasn't expecting much, if anything at all

but it was better looking than the store picture, super fun to drive, and has a good sound.

• Forza Harrd likes this

OCDee
  • OCDee

Massive Hipster

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

I wish I could sell the Avenger I spent 4.7m on when I realized I didn't need it to upgrade my new MK2 weapons. 

• MikeMyth likes this

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Nightshark comes to mind, and Diablous custom.

I've actually driven the Nightshark on several occasions but never seriously. I guess I ended up disappointed that I couldn't tow my AA trailer with it because they were both PVs.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Runner-Up

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:58 AM

How could you sell the Supa D?!! You monster! Jk. It was the first car I bought 4 years ago ... I used R*'s 500k apology money to get it & I still have it today. It was overshadowed by the Cognoscenti, but I'll never sell it.

As to your question, this is the closest I have to the topic.

- The Torero. I bought it the day it came out to complete my NFS Golden Era collection & I was actually looking forward to it ... I mean, its a frickin Countach for God sake. I tried to like it, I really did but I just couldn't stomach it. Its so chunky & poorly designed ... Ugh. I almost sold it 10 minutes after I bought it, but decided to give it a chance & eventually sent it to excile so I don't have to think about or see it. Now she's in death row waiting for the Revolter to be released.

- The armored XLS. I bought it to complete both my SecuroServ & armored executive car collections. I never like that thing & the Widebody-Rivets combination is vomit inducing ugly. Unfortunately I still have it :(

- Seven-70. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either. I bought it for the Berlinetta resemblance, but that resemblance faded away. The Seven-70 is the is reason I don't wanna buy a Pariah, similar situation. She's in death row waiting for the Komacho truck.

Ubermacht sci

That thing looks like an abomination. I was seriously hoping for some Ubermacht coupes or even SUV's, but no, instead, we get a futuristic-looking butchered supercar.

Agreed.

We have been asking R* for BMWs for a long time & when they finally did it, they gave us 3 oddballs lol

A Cadillac with an Audi front (reference to JDN?), An M3 with a mile high roof, a Fiat front & an STD grille lol, and a Retro Futuristic ... Thing.

Dburger
  • Dburger

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:28 AM

-Minivan Custom. I had numerous other minivans (all original white ones with spoilers meticulously/patiently found off the street). I love how they look stanced out, so I got yet another white minivan with a spoiler and took it to Benny's. I stupidly thought that it'd look the same once I had it customized/converted. Not the case. Sold it immediately and haven't had another one since, considering that shooting the wheels every time you drive gets old.

Minivan Custom:

25607345590_54c02a5719_b.jpg

Stanced with OG method:
21139133084_038497c494_b.jpg

-Regina. Another car in my "buy a non-supercar that I want suddenly, then get tired of it a week later and sell it at a loss" crusade. 

25279215403_c7def15e89_b.jpg

-Tampa, same thing.

23769683904_da5ba3610b_b.jpg

-Gang Burrito, same thing. 

-Rumpo, same thing. Wish the Speedo was customizable. 

-Felon 4 door, same thing - still have it though and will be selling it and putting that money toward a Deluxo (hopefully/probably a keeper) also. 2nd fastest in the class IIRC and better looking than the Exemplar (fastest) IMO. 

-Stratum, same thing - still have and money will go to a Deluxo. Bought like 8 of them trying to get one with a filled in sunroof (only available off SSASA) and a spoiler. Great at offroading.

-Intruder, same thing but kept a while - thought that all the VIP parts looked cool, but never drove it. 

-Asea/Lester car, same thing - thought it'd be a good companion to my Premier (love that car but will be selling it for Deluxo). Should've known that it'd have the worst understeer I've ever seen in the rain/sold it immediately after I barely made it through a job with it. 

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Work Writer's Discussion 2016 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]
    Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:40 AM

It's a game.

It's suppose to be fun.

Don't worry; Rockstar's trying to fix that.  

Most software development houses have a bug list process, where discovered bugs are documented, and assigned to devs to be fixed.  

Rokcstar has a fun list, where game mechanics or objects that are discovered by users or testers to cause fun are documented, and assigned to devs to be fixed.  

HamwithCheese
  • HamwithCheese

President of the LS Coquette Owners Club

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:54 AM

First things that come to mind are lots of the lowriders. The Tornado Custom being the biggest culprit, along with the Sabre. Wheels were just too small and some of the mods were pixelated and just bad.
  • Lucy_Woooolfe likes this

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

A few come into mind..

Vapid Guardian- What a complete waste of a big a** truck!! When I first saw this thing when the heist update was released I was soo f*cking hyped!! I thought "Finally!! A big a** battering ram that can rival the Sandking and the Dubsta 6x6!!" Boy was i wrong Lol! First thing i tried was hitting an npc car at full speed expecting the car to fly.. only to end up getting pushed back from the impact. :( Sold it the next minute

Dinka Thrust- was excited for a new bike at the time and thought that it looked cool, for a whole 2 min before receiving it in my garage and had an instant regret. Sold it as soon as I hopped on it.

Vapid Contender- Man what a bada** truck!! I loved the handling and the speed of the truck, and the look of it is very clean and sleek. But the pushbar.. I.. cant.. stand it!!! Same reason why I got rid of my Sandking XL when R* for some God awful reason "patched" the Sandking so you cannot have one without a pushbar.. EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF SANDKINGS ON THE STREETS WITHOUT ONE!! Once you steal it and take it to a garage, it spawns a pushbar on there. *facepalm*

Lol sorry for the rant and going off topic but yea, those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head atm.

Steamy_breezy
  • Steamy_breezy

Just Stretching

• BUSTED!
  • Sweden

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:42 AM Edited by Steamy_breezy, 14 December 2017 - 06:43 AM.

It's a game.

It's suppose to be fun.

Don't worry; Rockstar's trying to fix that.  

Most software development houses have a bug list process, where discovered bugs are documented, and assigned to devs to be fixed.  

Rokcstar has a fun list, where game mechanics or objects that are discovered by users or testers to cause fun are documented, and assigned to devs to be fixed.  

Oh yes, I'm very aware fo that, I'm in contact w Rockstar support atm.

If the fun list is being documented is however something I can't answer for sure, since there is other issues we currently addressing. But feel free to get on topic.

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:08 AM

My Lowriders

Bought them once I got LG, sold them within minutes. lol

I sold the Hunter too, the Akula outclasses it.

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:59 AM

That's not really "sold it", but i just adandoned it. I was using Special Carbine for my whole GTAO life, but recently i got bored of it and switched to Assault Rifle MK2.

And guess what? Doomsday brought us Special Carbine MK2, so i threw away Assault Rifle... Meh...

Karrecod
  • Karrecod

Savage

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:55 PM Edited by Karrecod, 14 December 2017 - 01:56 PM.

"... but I'd rather spend that money on something more important like (...) refilling my mysteriously empty Grenade Launcher, that, dangit... I thought I just filled that?"

Exactly. All my launcher ammo is gone all the time!
  • septimoose likes this

septimoose
  • septimoose

Birthday Cake Enthusiast

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

"... but I'd rather spend that money on something more important like (...) refilling my mysteriously empty Grenade Launcher, that, dangit... I thought I just filled that?"

Exactly. All my launcher ammo is gone all the time!

Oh my god I'm sick of refilling ammo. I was spending $70k per mission refilling ammo, and I wasn't even questioning it until one mission I was like "Wait. I already have full ammo, the last mission didn't require ANY bullets". So God knows how much I've wasted on ammo I never received...

III-Ari-III
  • III-Ari-III

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

The Havok for me was also a buy-sell within 10 minutes.

I'd also like to be able to sell some of my businesses tbh... That Document Forgery Office hasn't seen any work in well over a year. 

Hahahahaha, I'm sorry, but this just crack me up.

I can relate to the Havok as well.

As soon as I took off in my Volatol with the Impotente Rage livery...I just knew this sh*t woulden't last.

Mind you, I feel the same way about many Vehicles.

But if anything, I don't sell cars becouse I regret, I sell stolen cars & bunker instead.

Sure, I'd like to get rid of my RCV w water cannons only.... I can't find the option on where or how to sell it. not sure if it's even possible atm.

However, f*ck it. When you start to take your self to seriously, if when you need to step back and remind your self.

It's a game.

It's suppose to be fun.

You can sell it at your moc.

I wish I could sell the Avenger I spent 4.7m on when I realized I didn't need it to upgrade my new MK2 weapons. 

Man the avenger is great, it has insane air power, it's like the apc of the air, it can resist 10 missiles!, plus it's super cool.

irish.chr
  • irish.chr

I did something bad and now I have to accept the revolution

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

The Oppressor. f*ck that piece of sh*t.

• DentureDynamite, Line Cook and Classique like this

Mr_Noob
  • Mr_Noob

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:19 PM Edited by Mr_Noob, 14 December 2017 - 04:19 PM.

I wish I could sell the Ruiner 2000... total let down after using the mission versions. 

The Hakuchou Drag - hated it right from the moment I got it. Bikes should be nimble. 

I also have several garages full of cars I barely use to be honest. 

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:10 PM Edited by Nugsy, 14 December 2017 - 06:11 PM.

Bikes should be nimble.

Yeah but not drag bikes. It says what it is in it's name.

Anyway - I didn't look at the new Comet thingy properly on the website, just quickly bought it and was horrified when I saw it. I was expecting like a 911 Targa or something from the 80's. I couldn't sell it quickly enough. That's one ugly car.

• Forza Harrd likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

"The Raiden was a flop" LOL! I'll still outrun any of your cars in it though. ;)

I almost sold the SC1 directly after buying it. The only thing that saved it was the rear design and the way it handled/sounded. Otherwise I'd have most of my money back.

• Personal and Pininfarina like this

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

Pegassi Reaper, my guy used to collect all pegassi's. This car was the deathnell to that car fetish. Sold a few days after purchasing. The Western Nightblade....sold that one day later, tho it was instantly made into my favorite bike when an MC and it still is meaning he has no favorite bike now lol.

Back on PS3 days I fully customized a Karin Intruder on 3 occasions and always insta sold it.

I'm pretty carefull with my purchases.

BLADE_San_Andreas
  • BLADE_San_Andreas

ok

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

I sold my t20 found out that its fast as any other car

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

I don't think I've sold anything since my first rapid gt way back in 2013 due to poor handling. Oh I also sold the faction since it's bugged and undrivable, but we really all should own a faction and drive it everyday to remind ourselves about rockstar.

ROCKSTAR MANIC
  • ROCKSTAR MANIC

The Vice City Coke Baron

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

Purchased the Vapid Riata, IDK I do love the Concept Bronco vibes it gives out. But it also has Raptor vibes to it. I wish the exhaust note sounded unique rather than the typical cavalcade or even the Sadler.

Pininfarina
  • Pininfarina

Lusso

• Facade Corporation
  • Australia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

A particular someone convinced me to purchase the SC1, but I immediately regretted it after it arrived. It drives and sounds nice, but the lack of a colourable interior and the fact that it’s shape reminds me of an eraser made me sell it instantly.
  • Scaglietti and Personal like this

Personal
  • Personal

• Daily Globe
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:53 AM Edited by Unruly, 15 December 2017 - 01:00 AM.

Just sold my SC1 earlier. 

It sounds nice (pretty close to an actual BMW i8!!), drives nice etc, but it's honestly so god damn ugly. Not even 20 minutes of experiementing with different paint and rims schemes could help it.

The Autarch can take its place when that drops.

• Pininfarina likes this

Bobfakkel
  • Bobfakkel

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

I actually can't remember selling anything apart from cars due to garagespace issues back on the oldgen.

I allways watch youtube vids before buying these days, saves me from losing cash.

MikeMyth
  • MikeMyth

I'm lost at sea, don't bother me.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:51 AM

Sold the Infernus Classic because the Cheetah Classic is nicer imo.

JustCallMeNiko
  • JustCallMeNiko

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:04 AM

I'm surprised you would dislike the Deluxo enough to bother selling it. I'll keep any vehicle with a unique function, even if I don't really use it, like the Lectro.

Like others who enjoy collecting cars I'm running out of space again. The first thing that always goes for me is the Jeep Mesa. I've bought and sold that thing at least 5 times.

Last time I bought and sold something right away was the Nightblade motor bike. Didn't have room for it but wanted the T-shirt they were giving away with it.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade Corporation
  • Bulgaria

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:13 AM

Things that I'm curious to test, but know I won't like...

Hey, sometimes I look at an ugly car and think it could look nice with the right mods...

Grotti Visone (ugly...)

Zentorno (hideous)

Pariah (ugly as sin)

Ruston (ugly)

ETR1 (ridiculous proportions, seriously)

X80 Proto (ugly as sin)

Seven-70 (boring, just couldn't get into it)

Things that turned out to suck major ass.

Bombushka (slower than a f*cking Titan, really...?)

Things that got replaced or were unneeded.

Alpha Z1 (who needs another stunt plane?)

Dune FAV (cool vehicle, sure, but irrelevant past the gunrunning hype...)

Coil Cyclone (not bad, but barely used it...)

Mogul (what is this plane even, except for a glorified Cuban?)

Barrage (already got the Insurgent, weaponized Tampa, Half-track, two APCs...)

Rogue (Nokota is better)

Nero (plenty of more unique cars to replace it)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users