Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did they do something to the Hydra controls?

91 replies to this topic
StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

I've played Headhunter a lot less than I usually do thanks to this annoying bug.

Why do you need VTOL for Headhunter?
So you don't have to strafe multiple times.
Especially for the targets inside buildings
And sometimes I just like to shake it up or whatnot.
  • Silencer555 likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:49 PM

I've played Headhunter a lot less than I usually do thanks to this annoying bug.

Why do you need VTOL for Headhunter?
So you don't have to strafe multiple times.
Especially for the targets inside buildings

Why don't you just fly normally while doing Headhunter? 

I was using VTOL to kill targets in buildings in the past, but I strongly suggest to get rid of this malicious habit. Even with the previous handling, you are sitting duck in VTOL -  you will get damage from both NPCs and players. Speed is your defence.

Targets inside buildings can be easily shot down without entering the VTOL. Seriously, there is NO single Headhunter target that would require you to use the VTOL mode.

Example #!

Example #2

Same

Example #3

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:29 PM

It's not that VTOL was required for some of the targets at all, it's just that it made things easier and more entertaining with some variety. I hate what they did with the vertical thrust with all these aircraft now. I even feel as though the Avenger should be much more powerful in climbing power than it is now, since it also feels as sluggish as the Hydra's VTOL at times.

• StormerBoy and Gridl0k like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

It's also more that this vehicle has been unchanged for years and oops sorry f*ck you and your muscle memory, here's a CFIT for you.

• Cutter De Blanc and Silencer555 like this

Bloodymeatsack
  • Bloodymeatsack

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:16 AM

Thank goodness I am not the only one! I was so upset during the week I kept kamikaze-ing!  It was one of the most pivotal fancy moves you can do if you fly high all the time. It made if feel like fast travel for sure. I am absolutely going to try what FlexCreator suggests. 

• StormerBoy likes this

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2018 - 09:48 AM Edited by Foppezão, 24 January 2018 - 10:04 AM.

It's not really consequent is it? I usually pull out landing gear, to slow down, then go to vtol, maybe this way you'll bypass it? Have to try that and find the anomaly. The whole idea was to slow down before going vtol to get it stable, now it's a death sentence.

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Sunbro and Confederate

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:41 AM

It's not really consequent is it? I usually pull out landing gear, to slow down, then go to vtol, maybe this way you'll bypass it? Have to try that and find the anomaly. The whole idea was to slow down before going vtol to get it stable, now it's a death sentence.

If you have any downward momentum, it will not stop when you activate vtol like it did before.
Try this, fly from a decent height towards the ground at like a 45 degree angle, activate vtol and see that it's really hard to stop the downward momentum.
  • Foppezão and mrgstrings like this

Foppezão
  • Foppezão

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

If you have any downward momentum, it will not stop when you activate vtol like it did before.
Try this, fly from a decent height towards the ground at like a 45 degree angle, activate vtol and see that it's really hard to stop the downward momentum.

Do you also mean then, if you fly perfectly horizontal and switch to vtol it doesn't drop? (that what you mean with downward momentum?)

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:51 PM

The VTOL's entire lift and thrust seems to have been painfully reduced in force. It's not about how you switch to it, the entire VTOL function on the Hydra is pretty crappy now.

• Gridl0k, chef_archie and mrgstrings like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Where is vodka? Where is marinated herring?

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

Still mildly boggled that they nerfed the Hydra after 2 years but it was this. So I think this might get undone, unless this was the only way they could the Avenger work.

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

Still mildly boggled that they nerfed the Hydra after 2 years but it was this. So I think this might get undone, unless this was the only way they could the Avenger work.

But is that with the Avenger also stinks. Many times I have put the VTOL I go down.

And with Hydra it is impossible. I can not even land well in my office, and if I want to go capture yachts, either. I hope it will be like before.

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2018 - 02:57 PM

Why would it be down to the Avenger, surley that works the same as the Tula which was introduced before hydra broke?

For those who still have issues, there are work around, so you can use the hydra for landing on yachts etc, just requires more practice and more time for landing.

Smooth Longsack
  • Smooth Longsack

real long

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 27 January 2018 - 05:37 PM

My hydra, after two and a half years of faithful service, is now dead to me. Poor bugger.
  • Cutter De Blanc, joel15cat, Gridl0k and 4 others like this

zecanelao
  • zecanelao

Surfer is life

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 January 2018 - 12:40 PM

I wonder if anyone has failed a criminal mastermind during the Hydra setup because wasn't aware of this change... Every time I used the Hydra( and forgot about the change) I crashed it and committed suicide.
  • joel15cat likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:25 PM

Honestly I haven't really used a Hydra for transportation since they introduced the Oppressor. It's not as fast but it spawns at my feet. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• mrgstrings likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 January 2018 - 04:38 PM Edited by elfoam, 28 January 2018 - 04:38 PM.

My hydra, after two and a half years of faithful service, is now dead to me. Poor bugger.

It was a big smack in the face to me also, flying and more specifically landing the Hydra from a dive with VTOL was one of the best things in the game. They better fix it on the next update but they probably don't even know they broke it.

• Cutter De Blanc, joel15cat, Gridl0k and 3 others like this

KazzMajol
  • KazzMajol

Ancient One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:53 AM Edited by KazzMajol, 06 February 2018 - 02:53 AM.

I believe y'all but i'm gonna have to see this for myself.   Not sure i've even used my Hydra since i got the Akula.

• mrgstrings likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:56 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 06 February 2018 - 02:57 AM.

If I want to do fun airbrake landings now I just use the Avenger, and sometimes we slam into the ground and all have a good laugh about it as we fly away again but it's just not the same anymore

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:45 PM

Did they do something to all aircraft and not just the hydra?

My buzzard and savage seem off to me lately, especially when circling a target its just not the same idk.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

I don't feel any difference in helicopters.

Buzzard is fine, just as before.  Killed a few ground targets recently (no homing), so should have noticed any changes.

Volatus are Havok are b***hes to land, just as before.

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

I don't feel any differences on Savage and Hunter. Only on thr Hydra, since this change I don't use this vehicle.
  • Cutter De Blanc, chef_archie and Silencer555 like this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Scooter Brother

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

Start an air race with any kind of plane, sometimes you must be lucky to avoid crashing down at the beginning.

• Cutter De Blanc and chef_archie like this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 17 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Can still nose dive to hover mode BUT you'll need 2000 feet to pull it off.

First person cockpit view, and tested via altitude gauge.

:) I Chang

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:07 PM

Did they do something to all aircraft and not just the hydra?
My buzzard and savage seem off to me lately, especially when circling a target its just not the same idk.

No, just the VTOL aircraft

Mastah
  • Mastah

Push it to the limit

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Looks like it's fixed:

Fixed an issue that reduced the power of the Hydras VTOL thrusters, preventing the ability to perform a quick land.

• flexcreator, AStiffBreeze and gmintz09 like this

gmintz09
  • gmintz09

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:13 AM

Looks like it's fixed:

Fixed an issue that reduced the power of the Hydras VTOL thrusters, preventing the ability to perform a quick land.

They did!  Been testing it for myself.  Very happy personally, though I know some people won't be.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 21 March 2018 - 02:10 AM

Yeah the fix affects all VTOL aircraft too it'd seem, the Tula also has "more power" so doesn't just fall to the floor. 

• Gridl0k and AStiffBreeze like this

AStiffBreeze
  • AStiffBreeze

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:38 AM

Yeah the fix affects all VTOL aircraft too it'd seem, the Tula also has "more power" so doesn't just fall to the floor. 

Does that include the Avenger?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Wow. I really thought it was intentional. Kinda disappointed in a way, I'd remastered flying it and liked that I could do something many can't.

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:04 PM Edited by Gaffa™, 22 March 2018 - 12:31 AM.

Does that include the Avenger?

Actually I didn't test the Avenger, I made an ASS out of U and ME (assume) by making that assumption. 

They can definitely be taxi'd on the ground whilst in VTOL still though, I did give that a go in all of them (whilst grounded, hold left trigger and push left stick forward or back).

EDIT - yeah all VTOL vehicles including the Avenger. 

• AStiffBreeze likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users