Quantcast

» «
Photo

Did they do something to the Hydra controls?

81 replies to this topic
xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:58 AM Edited by xwinkx_girlYakuza, 13 December 2017 - 01:19 AM.

I noticed that it is harder to nose dive, change to vtol, pull up and land now. It's like they made it harder to control the vtol.. or is it just me???  :panic:

p.s. i looked through the patch notes but couldn't find anything relate to it.. or did i missed something?

• StormerBoy likes this

PaeganLoveSong
  • PaeganLoveSong

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Check your control settings? Mine were reset to default after this morning's download.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:08 AM Edited by xwinkx_girlYakuza, 13 December 2017 - 02:53 AM.

Check your control settings? Mine were reset to default after this morning's download.

Okie thnx  :lol:

...checked the control, still funky. Does anybody else noticed this or am i imagining things  :cry:

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:43 AM Edited by Pedinhuh, 13 December 2017 - 11:30 AM.

They did messed with the VTOL of the Hydra, now it doesn't "brake" when you toggle hover mode after flying.

This means no more dive-landings.
  • StormerBoy, xwinkx_girlYakuza and Asian_Apache like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

This means no more dive-bombings.

Incorrect. You could dive-bomb with a Lazer. You don't need the VTOL for that.

I dive bombed the new tank yesterday - no problem.

Actually, I think they made the physics more realistic, the airplane keeps the momentum like it should.

• Pedinhuh and Nossirag like this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

Yeah I typed wrong, I meant to say dive-landing.
  • StormerBoy and xwinkx_girlYakuza like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Yeah I typed wrong, I meant to say dive-landing.

Dive-landing is messed, yep. But switching the VTOL on and off constantly can help to stabilize the aircraft and slow down it's vertical movement eventually. 

• StormerBoy and xwinkx_girlYakuza like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

I can't believe everyone isn't talking about this. I don't think I've ever known something so significant broken, for me at least. The best vehicle in the game is f*cked!
  • -KM-, xwinkx_girlYakuza and theadamgore like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:43 AM

I wonder if it's a side-effect from adding the Deluxo's totally-different aerial handling

• StormerBoy, Karrecod and Smooth Longsack like this

SyrusTheVirus
  • SyrusTheVirus

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

I honestly thought I was the only one who noticed this. In fact, I noticed something was off after I saved my Hydra in my bunker. Someone maybe see if the Pegasis one is unchanged.
  • StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:56 AM Edited by StormerBoy, 14 December 2017 - 12:56 AM.

They are both f*cked.

As mentioned above, it may be to do with the bttf car. Or it could be an attempt to fix what broke with sr; since then when I landed I had to slip out and back in to vtol or it made me wait 5 seconds before I could get exit. Ffs.

GTASA-Pilot
  • GTASA-Pilot

2017, the year R* ruined GTAO

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

Yes, I noticed that too. They ruined our beloved Hydra. So typical, everything they tamper with they f*ck it up.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:04 AM

This literally calls for an emergency update, like we got a few months ago for car understeer or something.
  • KazzMajol likes this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

I noticed it flyings a Hydra.
Nose dive to ground
Hit hover and would come level with ground in sites.
Now, slam.....
Making adjustments next flight

:) I Chang
  • StormerBoy likes this

gmintz09
  • gmintz09

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:04 AM

Yesssss.  I noticed this yesterday when trying to land quickly and it just kept going down, down, down ... into the ground.   :v:  I find it quite difficult to land now unless I slow way down before switching to VTOL.  Vertical thrusters just don't seem to do much of anything anymore.  Very disappointing.  I hope it's fixed ASAP.

• StormerBoy likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

I'm pretty sure the physics was changed to fit the Jetpack movement.

I can't believe everyone isn't talking about this.

I can't believe people who fly jets on a regular basis and call a Hydra as their "belowed" aircraft  can't handle these changes. Sure, it will require breaking a habit, but jet physics was changed in 2016 as well. 

There are two ways you can handle that:

1) Rapidly changing the VTOL mode while pulling your nose up as I already mentioned. But you should start doing it long before the ground.

2) Dive down and enter the horizontal circle while you are close to the ground turning turning all your vertical energy into the horizontal one. At this point you won't have any vertical momentum, so it's safe to enter VTOL and make final adjustments in order to land.

I even made a picture for you (I mean, wtf, guys? an average pilot should know this stuff already)

34a0b4bffc05fd7b8949f5d8614c0c4f.png

I hope it's fixed ASAP

I hope it won't.

I was very annoyed with this instant VTOL stops and other arcade-like physics when I first started to fly the Hydra. You can't call it realistic. There is no way a real aircraft can't stop in a second.

• StormerBoy, KazzMajol, Forza Harrd and 4 others like this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

Are they making it more San Andreas - like? 

Anyway it must be something scripted, can't see nothing in the files unless I'm as blind as a bat. 

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:54 AM

Okay so I´m not the only one. 

Switched to hover mode or as you call it VTOL and it dropped like a stone. 

Hope they remove this quickly. I use my hydra for fast traveling and the VTOL is the best option to land quite everywhere.

• StormerBoy likes this

Crimson Carp
  • Crimson Carp

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

Who else noticed they f*cked the oppressor too.... now the breaks do not work at all when you have the wings extended while driving on the ground.. however the handbreak functions but poorer
  • StormerBoy likes this

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

Is it a mistake on R*ckstar's part or did they think being able to nose-land is not realistic enough? LOL 

p.s. or is it done to make us like the hydra less and start buying all the new aircrafts??? Ok.. i'll take off my tinfoil hat now  :lol:

• StormerBoy likes this

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

I hope it's fixed ASAP

I hope it won't.

I was very annoyed with this instant VTOL stops and other arcade-like physics when I first started to fly the Hydra. You can't call it realistic. There is no way a real aircraft can't stop in a second.

"Realistic"

"GTA Online"

LOLkay.  Enjoy your vaguely more realistic VTOL jet that you personally own and can spawn infinitely within a 1 minute drive of anywhere.  Me, I'll be flying around on my realistic winged missile bike, trying to dodge those realistic missile strikes from outer space, and chowing down on some realistic steak while I'm at it.

• livejoker, Anasterian, StormerBoy and 5 others like this

The Wandering Hunter
  • The Wandering Hunter

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

I can't believe everyone isn't talking about this. I don't think I've ever known something so significant broken, for me at least. The best vehicle in the game is f*cked!

fix it for only 6.5 mil!
  • StormerBoy likes this

Chang
  • Chang

Co-Owner of CMG

• Members

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:44 AM

Oppressor too?
Nice!

:) I Chang

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

Now I'm starting to enjoy the new vtol landings. Scary but fun  :lol:

• Forza Harrd likes this

el carlitos
  • el carlitos

Less luxury, more urban style

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Didn't´t get it yet. How to even land it in VTOL? I´m loosing altitude that fast, not possible to land. Will try to find out later this day.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

Didn't´t get it yet. How to even land it in VTOL? I´m loosing altitude that fast, not possible to land. Will try to find out later this day.

That's the fun part.. not knowing if you're gonna survive the landing LOL

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:39 AM

LOLkay.  Enjoy your vaguely more realistic VTOL jet that you personally own and can spawn infinitely within a 1 minute drive of anywhere.  Me, I'll be flying around on my realistic winged missile bike, trying to dodge those realistic missile strikes from outer space, and chowing down on some realistic steak while I'm at it.

I understand your concerns, but how it's related to the Jet physics exactly?

Nutduster
  • Nutduster

Big Mean Jerk

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

I understand your concerns, but how it's related to the Jet physics exactly?

Eh?  My point is that realism is not a good reason for them to change anything in the game, because the game is in so many ways highly unrealistic.  They erred on the side of arcadey-ness hundreds of times in the design.  And actually, even though I find some of their choices ridiculous, I think they SHOULD err that way.  Playability should take priority over realism in most video games, especially in the GTA series.  If the Hydra was realistic, not only would the VTOL be different, it also would fly so fast as to be almost unusable against ground targets, and it wouldn't have those ridiculous explosive cannons either.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

it also would fly so fast as to be almost unusable against ground targets

From what I heard, F35 is pretty OK in terms of hitting the ground targets,  the static ones in particular

The F-35 has a 25mm specifically for ground targets

An F-35 B-model jet released the Guided Bomb Unit-12 (GBU-12) Paveway II bomb from its internal weapons bay while flying at around 25,000 feet, successfully smashing into a tank parked on the ground

it wouldn't have those ridiculous explosive cannons either.

I wouldn't mind if they remove the explosives rounds. This won't stop pilots from killing players on the ground.

Playability should take priority over realism in most video games

We should not confuse "playability" with "simplicity".

There are games that focus on realism in ballistics and vehicle movements. These factors introduce  complexity and more variables into combat. Such complexity brings the "Best Multiplayer Game" 2017 to PU Battlegrounds according to The Game Awards. PUBG is compex, but it's a playable game.

The "simplicity" of GTA on the other hands turns the game into the unplayable mess with sniper dancers and weaponozed vehicles killing you on respawn, K/D doesn't represent the actual skills of the player.

In many cases realism makes the game more interesting just because it makes the game more complex.

• El-Gaddafii and SMC-93 like this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

Glad it's not just me then. 

I was putting a hydra on my tula on my avenger (cos I heard you like vtol) and the hydra wiped it all out from above :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users