Photo

My opinions on GTA 4, TLAD, and TBoGT characters

14 replies to this topic
ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, history, politics, and firearms lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 05:44 PM Edited by ThatBenGuy, 2 days ago.

In my honest opinion of course, GTA 4, The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony all have a lot better characters than GTA 5. The following is just my personal opinions on these characters.
Like:
Literally everyone except the ones listed below.

Neutral:
Dimitri Rascalov
Mikhail Faustin
Jimmy Pegorino
Ray Boccino
Ray Bulgarian

Dislike:
Billy Grey
Brian Jeremy
Lyle Rivas

In addition to all that, Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, and Luis Ferando Lopez are not only my three favorite characters within these games, but my three favorite GTA characters period! :) So, Im honestly curious to know what you guys think of characters from GTA 4, TLAD, and TBoGT!
  • Algonquin Assassin and Arrows to Athens like this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:23 PM Edited by Zenar, 12 December 2017 - 07:24 PM.

Most of them are well written and combined with the friendship system, you nearly remember them all.

First of all you need to increase your like stat. But it is not easy, every character has different taste, different vehicle choise, enjoys different activities, some of them like called at night while others prefer called in daytime, girlfriend's clothing taste is different. You need to use trial and error method for a long time.

Brucie hates Burgershot, Roman is nearly okay with everything but his favorites is tities, Kiki like Russian Shop, Carmen like expensive cars and so on.

They are like real person, they had depth. Even their profession comes handy. Kiki is a lawyer and she make cops disappear. Carmen is a nurse and calling her give you health. Roman is running taxi company giving you free ride. Terry & Clay your gun and bike mates.

In GTA V all side characters like gap filler. They have nothing.

My HD GTA trio is Niko, Franklin and Johnny.
  • Algonquin Assassin likes this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Mexico

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:44 PM

So, Im honestly curious to know what you guys think of characters from GTA 4, TLAD, and TBoGT!

Sweetie, this is the IV section, so obviously we love them more than V, III, or any other of the GTAs.
  • Algonquin Assassin and Mr_Rager like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

#

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

The only character I can say I disliked was Brian from TLAD, just the typical weasel type that I wouldn't be able to tolerate for very long. I get Billy and Dimitri, both took a long time to get to where they are at. Billy was obviously once a somewhat reasonable person for a biker gang leader, he did so much heroin that he aged ten years and blew a gasket in his brain. Dimitri knew it was time to sh*t or get off the pot, Faustin was on the decline.

Rocco goes into weasel territory, I liked Mori a lot though. Still remember his if I pulled my dick out you'd think there's an eclipse line or some sh*t lmao.

Hot Pursuit
  • Hot Pursuit

Response Code 3

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Indonesia
  • Super Snitch Deadass 2018

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

I actually disliked pretty much every character so I'll just list the one I like

Little Jacob
Brucie Kibbutz
Dimitri Rascalov
Jim Fitzgerald
Francis McReary

The rest are forgettable, so I wouldn't waste my time writing them

Spoiler

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:13 AM Edited by Algonquin Assassin, 13 December 2017 - 11:56 PM.

The only ones I truly dislike are Manny and Mori. Both of them are really annoying. I'm also not very fond of Yusuf either. People say he's hilarious, but I just don't see it.

Other than that still the greatest cast of characters in the series. What did we do to deserve the "quality" of characters in GTA V? Besides the GTA IV/EFLC cameos obviously I don't think I've seen a bigger nose dive from one game to another. :p

• B Dawg, gunziness, theGTAking101 and 2 others like this

gunziness
  • gunziness

Homie

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:30 AM

^ Online might have helped I believe. The whole cast except for Michael, Dave and Madrazo is garbage.

To OP. I really like the 3 protagonists, equally I might add. Each one feels different from the other two and have their own charm.
For the rest of the characters, I agree with Algoquin, except that I like Yusuf instead haha. If i would have to pick favorites, they would be Faustin, Phil, Billy, Tony, Rocco and Vlad.
  • Algonquin Assassin and theGTAking101 like this

KingD19
  • KingD19

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:09 AM

I like luis because i kind of relate to him and i like armando and henrique because they remind me of back home and how my two friends were. They was always doing stupid stuff and ill always try to be the voice of reason but they didnt wanna hear it and ill still tag along because their my bros. If you grew up in the hood you probably had friends like this too its makes me laugh and think about home when i hangout with them

Yusuf was hilarious to me i wish i could hang out with yusuf i dont see why i kept his number if i cant hang out with him after the stoyline

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:21 AM

except that I like Yusuf instead haha.

Oh don't get me wrong. He's not as awful as a lot of the GTA V characters are, but his humour just doesn't resonate with me.

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Victim of The Pit™
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

I despise Billy Grey and Brian Jeremy.

Billy was a piece of sh*t who only cared about himself. 

Brian kissed Billy's ass, and was pretty much his bitch.    

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You hit my bike you f*cking idiot!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:09 AM Edited by B Dawg, 14 December 2017 - 11:14 AM.

I'd say all TBOGT characters are bad, except for Henrique and Dessie as they're the only guys not giving you sh*t in the game if I recall correctly, and just aren't assholes in general. And Yusuf, he's just a rich dick, I'm suprised his father just didn't take back all the money after seeing such a disgrace of a son lol.

UncleSal
  • UncleSal

This ain't no country club, boy.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

I don't liked the GTA TBOGT characters too much. Why the hell they changed the personality of Ray Bulgarin? In GTA IV he's such a "badass", but in TBOGT he's just a chump.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:59 PM

I don't liked the GTA TBOGT characters too much. Why the hell they changed the personality of Ray Bulgarin? In GTA IV he's such a "badass", but in TBOGT he's just a chump.

I made mention of this the other day, but I started to warm to Bulgarin in TBOGT. To be fair he only has two appearances in GTA IV so it's difficult to get a gauge of his full personality. Whilst the guitar playing is a bit cheesy the real Bulgarin comes out I feel towards the end of the story.

• UncleSal likes this

UncleSal
  • UncleSal

This ain't no country club, boy.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2017 - 01:15 AM

I made mention of this the other day, but I started to warm to Bulgarin in TBOGT. To be fair he only has two appearances in GTA IV so it's difficult to get a gauge of his full personality. Whilst the guitar playing is a bit cheesy the real Bulgarin comes out I feel towards the end of the story.

Yeah, that's true. Also, many people have a "double personality". You know, one when you're exposed in public and another when you're more private. In TBOGT it's like we are seeing how Bulgarin passes his personal time, with all those "celebrity rock memorabilia" and his appreciation for playing the guitar.

ThatBenGuy
  • ThatBenGuy

HTF, GTA, rock, metal, history, politics, and firearms lover

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

In case if anyone in the future were to say “ThatBenGuy, how can you like Niko Bellic, but not Trevor Philips, when they both killed Lost MC members?!”, allow me just to make this crystal clear.
Niko clearly killed Jason Michaels because he was hitting on Mikhail Faustin’s daughter so it was Mikhail Faustin who wanted him to. In Jim Fitzgerald’s case, it was because Ray Boccino told him to. I’m also quite certain that if Niko would’ve said “No” then Ray Boccino and Mikhail Faustin would be killed him.
Trevor, on the other hand, killed Johnny, Clay, and Terry all on his own accord.
So yeah.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users