Photo

The GTA that i used to know..

101 replies to this topic
FukNRekd
  • FukNRekd

Rekd Em

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by FukNRekd, 3 weeks ago.

That's a double negative. So he has the right. We need to communicate without insulting and certainly without making fun of those with diseases beyond their control.

No. A double negative would be "I don't want nothing." What I said is 100% grammatically correct.

You do not have the right to not be offended.

I can explain it to you but I can not understand it for you. No insult to your intelligence intended, but reading comprehension is key in a social atmosphere.

SHADOW OPS
  • SHADOW OPS

NINJA STYLE

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Improved GTA Member 2017

Posted 3 weeks ago

If I do not have the right to not be offended then I have the right to be offended.

I get it now.

• FukNRekd likes this

AiŽaCobŽa
  • AiŽaCobŽa

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have a feeling all those making fun of the OP are players who never played on PS3/360 and joined the community on PS4/XB1/PC so they don't know how the game used to be and how much fun it actually way prior to all this futuristic crap.

Before if someone wanted to kill you they actually had to drive across the map and chase you down, Now they can blow you up with a single click, send a strike team or simply fly across the map on the oppressor which to me isn't in the true spirit of the game.

Players who joined post PS4/XB1 will never know what it was like to have to EARN our weapons by ranking up instead of having all but a few weapons unlocked at level one or having to rob all the stores on the map just to earn enough money to buy their first two car garage or play Rooftop Rumble for hours on end to finally afford a decent car but the payouts were decent enough to where it didn't take long and the most expensive car was $1,000,000 but all of it was fun to do now it's a chore as everything is so expensive and the chances of owning them all doing legit work is very unlikely without buying shark cards.

• A Maned Wolf, Arrows to Athens, Suzuki Azure Vulpine and 4 others like this

ghost1986
  • ghost1986

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Opposite end of the spectrum for me.  I love the way Online is done and I never cared for the old style GTA online like in 4.  To be honest I loathed the online in GTA4.

Took a break after the I/E update and came back with Doomsday and Im hooked again.  Doing the I/E with bunker stuff and new Heist stuff is awesome.  IM also making bank when it comes to earnings.  I love it.  Before I was kinda strapped for cash often but now I can buy anything I want.

Its an amazing thing to be able to constantly play this game Online literally for free.  I wouldnt change a thing.

• SHADOW OPS likes this

BZXC32
  • BZXC32

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

im dissapointed in two things:

1. rockstar screwed up, they could and should have done a way better job with the storyline of gta v.

2. the sharkcard, microtransaction system, for me this will be the only and last game i play that runs with microtransactions, or the sharkcard system.
  • Arrows to Athens likes this

The First Hunter
  • The First Hunter

Praise The Moon

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

im dissapointed in two things:

1. rockstar screwed up, they could and should have done a way better job with the storyline of gta v.

2. the sharkcard, microtransaction system, for me this will be the only and last game i play that runs with microtransactions, or the sharkcard system.

Well good luck playing any MP game these days
  • SHADOW OPS likes this

pycnotic
  • pycnotic

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I have a feeling all those making fun of the OP are players who never played on PS3/360 and joined the community on PS4/XB1/PC so they don't know how the game used to be and how much fun it actually way prior to all this futuristic crap.

Before if someone wanted to kill you they actually had to drive across the map and chase you down, Now they can blow you up with a single click, send a strike team or simply fly across the map on the oppressor which to me isn't in the true spirit of the game.

Players who joined post PS4/XB1 will never know what it was like to have to EARN our weapons by ranking up instead of having all but a few weapons unlocked at level one or having to rob all the stores on the map just to earn enough money to buy their first two car garage or play Rooftop Rumble for hours on end to finally afford a decent car but the payouts were decent enough to where it didn't take long and the most expensive car was $1,000,000 but all of it was fun to do now it's a chore as everything is so expensive and the chances of owning them all doing legit work is very unlikely without buying shark cards.

Day one player here and completely agree with you, it was a bit of a grind but fun while doing it, now it just feels like a second job to be able to afford anything in this update
  • KWF1981 and DengaGrad like this

Goku Black
  • Goku Black

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I originally played on Xbox 360 but I actually started playing post Xbox One and I can definitely understand where OP is coming from. I still think the game is great but I haven't seen the worst of PC, and that's where I think GTA is the worst. GTA on console isn't all rainbows, but I would bet money it's worse on PC, so I can't complain.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Gangsta

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Day one player here and completely agree with you, it was a bit of a grind but fun while doing it, now it just feels like a second job to be able to afford anything in this update

Yeah, I agree too. Though I do feel Doomsday Heist has done more to add cars that are fun for less than the obligatory $1m, lol.

Still pricey, just more on par than exceeding previous DLC's of the last couple of years. But agree that since Crates or more-so, I/E, things have gotten very expensive.

MisFit-138
  • MisFit-138

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

It seems that many of them were playing GTA on ps1/ps2 or pc. "Realistic" seems to be the main point of contention. It has never been, really. This game has always been rooted in freedom and chaos packaged in absurd, childish humor. Anybody upset about online ruining the series identity never played GTA 2. As for all the flying Deluxo' s, Batmobile's, and KITT's, I think alot of that stems from the PC community's successful mods in GTA IV, like the time traveling Deloreon, the many Batmobile's, and KITT. Not to mention the many military vehicles. Also, Rockstars clear affinity for tv/movie parody, has been demonstrated by every GTA game ever being loaded with parody and references. IDK, I think OP must have been seeing those games in a Jack Thompson light. It's rated M for Mature because you have to be mature to get the joke. 30 "Claude Speed's" in one city will always turn into Liberty City Survivor without restriction, and THAT would be the wrong direction in GTA. Anything preventing me from going on a "rampage" or creating a "State of Emergency" is fundamentally non-GTA.
  • CaliMeatWagon and psymin like this

JOHNNY GTA WATSON
  • JOHNNY GTA WATSON

SUPERMAN LOVER

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Gta is great.Every version is great.And different.Ive played them all.And for the record ive made millions from those slow post op vans

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by MaxBazooka01, A week ago.

Gta's "real life" 

- Bikes that fly with rocket boosters on the back and it fires missiles. 

- Batmobile with rocket booster that also fires missiles.

- Delorean that also flies with missiles. 

- Jet with a laser beam that obliterates everything on sight that was stolen from aliens. 

- Another jet with a laser beam that costs 3.5 million more. 

- A riot vehicle that can't handle a riot. 

- A surface to air missile tank that can't lock on to aircraft

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users