Photo

Neon Discussion Thread

134 replies to this topic
AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago Edited by AUScowboy, 5 days ago.

I highly doubt it will outperform the v12 Schafter, unless it corners like a beast. It's an electric in GTAO, so I definitely wouldn't hold my breath.

I'll save you some time Scag, the only difference between them is speed and weight, that's it! If we're talking performance and nothing else, then please, explain your understanding. I can dig up some spreadsheets if I have to..

AlphaSierra111996
  • AlphaSierra111996

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

Neon will only beat the V12 in terms of acceleration.
  • APB likes this

M*A*R*I*N*A
  • M*A*R*I*N*A

cla$$y lady

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 5 days ago

Neon will most likely be extremely competitive, similarly to the Cyclone it's extremely hard to beat when it accelerates so quickly out of corners. It's a 100% buy for me.

Liusin
  • Liusin

Player Hater

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 3 days ago

Since the Grotti Gt500 has been released,does this mean that the Neon is coming in 2 weeks from now?

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 3 days ago

Since the Grotti Gt500 has been released,does this mean that the Neon is coming in 2 weeks from now?

Possibly 3 if they decide to add the Kamacho before the Neon.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2016

Posted 3 days ago

I highly doubt it will outperform the v12 Schafter, unless it corners like a beast. It's an electric in GTAO, so I definitely wouldn't hold my breath.
I'll save you some time Scag, the only difference between them is speed and weight, that's it! If we're talking performance and nothing else, then please, explain your understanding. I can dig up some spreadsheets if I have to..

If it can outrun a Raiden fully tuned then it can outperform a Schafter V12 by a long shot. The Schafter V12 is fun and all but it's really a luxury car with a big powerful engine and it handles like a muscle car, it corners sloppy as hell in terms of actual performance. Both the Raiden and Neon outperform it.

And no, I'm not gonna bother on that last part but in my opinion there is more to it.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 3 days ago

Nothing is dominating the Sports car class until the Pariah is nerfed.

Still an instant buy for me though, looks way to good to pass.
  • AUScowboy and Nossirag like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by AUScowboy, 3 days ago.

Neon will most likely be extremely competitive, similarly to the Cyclone it's extremely hard to beat when it accelerates so quickly out of corners. It's a 100% buy for me.

The Cyclone isn't even remotely competitive let alone the Raiden. Depending on how the Neon handles, it may be the same way. We are talking about racing aren't we...? You guys watch Broughy...?
  • Nossirag likes this

ripsta
  • ripsta

a random Malinois

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

It is so beautiful, shame it is an EV... 

• EVOLUT7ON and APB like this

_47_
  • _47_

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

Even if the car is an EV it just proves the trend in RL how cars today are shifting towards being more energy efficient.
  • Liusin likes this

EVOLUT7ON
  • EVOLUT7ON

R* contests winner: #BeMyValentine #BIKERS #FestiveSurprise2017

• The Connection
  • United-States
  • Best Funny [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Runner-Up

Posted 2 days ago

It is so beautiful, shame it is an EV... 

Shame x2.

Request:
Color: Pure black
Wheels: Cosmo Black (sports or SUVs)

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Scaglietti, 2 days ago.

The Cyclone isn't even remotely competitive let alone the Raiden. Depending on how the Neon handles, it may be the same way. We are talking about racing aren't we...? You guys watch Broughy...?
I personally couldn't care less about racing in a game as arcade and unrealistic as GTAO, when it comes to driving dynamics, nor could I care any less about Broughy, what he does, or his followers. I've never understood all of the fuss about him. He just talked trash about the GT500. That alone is reason enough for me to ignore him.

In my opinion:
>racing in GTA
>caring only about how competitive a car is
appreciating the car for what it is >
actually driving your cars >

I get that you feel differently, but just for you to understand my perspective, I said that. I guess I just have a very different take on driving in these games. Everything has to be uber fast and turn on a dime in everyone elses mind. Maybe that's fun to you guys but that isn't objective. Just realize that some people personally seek pleasures from other forms of driving in GTAO.
  • Scottiedog123, Pininfarina and -RP- like this

We Are Ninja
  • We Are Ninja

Told Y'all That Liberty City DLC Would Never Happen... -_-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

If it can outrun a Raiden fully tuned then it can outperform a Schafter V12 by a long shot. The Schafter V12 is fun and all but it's really a luxury car with a big powerful engine and it handles like a muscle car, it corners sloppy as hell in terms of actual performance. Both the Raiden and Neon outperform it...

The Schafter V12 LWB handles a lot better than the regular wheelbase version due to it's longer wheelbase. But I wouldn't say that the Raiden handles better. It understeers into the scenery while the Schafter rolls off the road backwards. In this game, I'll always go with a car that rotates. The Raiden is not that car; not even with gratuitous use of the handbrake. Neither car has extraordinary road manners, but the Raiden's only party trick (aside from it's chiseled good looks) is it's insane acceleration. I'd wager that any of the Schafters V12's would march away from it on an even remotely twisty track/road.
  • AUScowboy likes this

DiscoPanda
  • DiscoPanda

The Picnic

• Members
  • Poland
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 2 days ago

Request:

Color: Pure black
Wheels: Cosmo Black (sports or SUVs)

W6JSaX8.pngrRpg7ji.png

• 1bbaxter likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Scaglietti, 2 days ago.

I highly doubt it will outperform the v12 Schafter, unless it corners like a beast. It's an electric in GTAO, so I definitely wouldn't hold my breath.I'll save you some time Scag, the only difference between them is speed and weight, that's it! If we're talking performance and nothing else, then please, explain your understanding. I can dig up some spreadsheets if I have to..

If it can outrun a Raiden fully tuned then it can outperform a Schafter V12 by a long shot. The Schafter V12 is fun and all but it's really a luxury car with a big powerful engine and it handles like a muscle car, it corners sloppy as hell in terms of actual performance. Both the Raiden and Neon outperform it...
The Schafter V12 LWB handles a lot better than the regular wheelbase version due to it's longer wheelbase. But I wouldn't say that the Raiden handles better. It understeers into the scenery while the Schafter rolls off the road backwards. In this game, I'll always go with a car that rotates. The Raiden is not that car; not even with gratuitous use of the handbrake. Neither car has extraordinary road manners, but the Raiden's only party trick (aside from it's chiseled good looks) is it's insane acceleration. I'd wager that any of the Schafters V12's would march away from it on an even remotely twisty track/road.

I can attest to the Raiden's severe Audi-esque understeer, which is exaggerated because of how fast it is, but with proper throttle control it is not impossible to carve through corners in a bit of a hurry. I do it all the time. It just takes a lot more work I guess lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users