Photo

Will we ever see GTA World?

32 replies to this topic
killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:39 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 12 December 2017 - 04:46 PM.

I know that the gta series is about the american culture and people, but it does have people coming from the surrounding world as guests. And some people even stay.

So, if they don't exist in the gta world, where do they come from? From a parallel universe? From outer space? If they do exist in the gta world, then why not make some day a whole gta world?

Do you think it's  possible to parody other cultures as well and call it gta? Or do you think that there's nothing wrong with the rest of the world? Do you think that the rest of the world can be parodied and satirized as well, or is USA special? What do you think about the gta world and will it ever be made into a game?

So, I start.

I think gta universe includes the whole world, just in a smaller scale. And if and when they ever make the actual map, they will have to exclude countries because they are unable to make them beleivable, and distort the geography to include the parts that they want most of the action to occur. But otherwise it's possible to make a satire, as like to say and parody everything, including the main characters, like they always do. Gta is made for all of earth, so why not make it about all of earth?

USA has been the influence for the rest of the world, but the rest of the world has influenced USA too. e.g. Many Fim directors are being influenced by the directors of the rest of the world, and vice versa. There's no such thing as 100% American pop culture. But there are bigger cultures in the world than american pop culture, like Indian, Chinese and Japanese cultures. R* has touched those in gta, but it would be more compelling if they were satirized as places as well. And Africa is a big continent to talk about as well. Globalization is making Africa into a more Chinese place as the chinese are buying land there. There's a lot of corruption and crime there. South America is big as well, and there is lots of crime and corruption there also.The most lucrative drug markets are USA and Europe. The drugs come from South America and Asia. The illegal wildlife and natural resources go to Asia. Sources are Africa and Asia. The more I think about the world crime, the more I find it compelling to make gta world.

• MightyMax likes this

Prasdana21
  • Prasdana21

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:25 AM

It would be nice to visit other countries once in a while. I know GTA did use London as their locations in PS1 before, but I won't mind if we visit it again or other non-US Cities in HD Platform. I really want to see London, Paris, and Tokyo in GTA after all.

• killdrivetheftvehicle likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

Memento Mori

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:30 AM

Hard for me to even imagine it considering how stretched thin GTA V is already.
  • DIEXEL likes this

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:51 AM

Hard for me to even imagine it considering how stretched thin GTA V is already.

If you mean GTAO, it's not canon. Think about all of the players, who will not exist in the next one and have to create themselves all over again. All the crazyness of GTAO will not have been, when the next gta takes place, or will not ever exist, if the game is set in the past.

Junior_Djjr
  • Junior_Djjr

Modding Lover

• Members
  • Brazil
  • Best Map 2016 [San Andreas INSANITY] [Contribution]

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:38 AM Edited by Junior_Djjr, 13 December 2017 - 03:44 AM.

I believe it will happen in the distant future, but not so distant.

One of the important details is the fact that the game world is evolving and the games need to keep up with this demand. GTA has always suffered from it because of the long time it takes to be created. GTA V uses extremely old technology, the beauty of the graphics was made with post-fx since neither PBR exists in it. It's a 2010 game.

Now, imagine Rockstar, with an even bigger team, and yet it takes more than a decade to create a GTA World... when it is released it will be far below the standards of the current games.

So, imagine, for example, 2030 where the games are evolved and Rockstar starts an ambitious project to create a GTA World that will only be released in ~2045~, thus being focused in multiplayer, it will undoubtedly be the most incredible multiplayer (but will Rockstar learn to make a good multiplayer?).

Somehow, I don't know if it would be viable, but could recycle the old map games, using GTA IV's LC, GTA V's LS, X's GTA VI etc, something similar to NFS World.

Doesn't have to be such a spectacularly large map, I think of simply having all the cities already mentioned in the HD universe in USA, doesn't need more than already mentioned (which is already a large number). And then apply the same amount of cities also in other countries, being more or less cities dependent on the country area, of course.

And so we will have a whole GTA world for us to travel from country to country, even going outside the Earth and seeing the world from outside.

Before that (probably in 2030 as before mentioned? 2030 seems like a cool time for a GTA revolution, idk why) we will have a GTA USA with all cities of the HD universe.
  • killdrivetheftvehicle and DIEXEL like this

MojoGamer
  • MojoGamer

Ultra Instinct

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:31 AM

I don't believe its possibly, unless the setting takes place in a virtual reality like Assassins Creed in the animus.

Also they have to create a post-apocolypse for 7th instalment like Mad Max and then a time jump into the 1st recreated futuristic city called Rockstar World for the 8th instalment.

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:39 AM

You can parody each culture I guess but in order to do so you must know the culture and also the players should know it.

I think Paris and London could work (Paris better than London) and it should be easy to mock either French or Englishmen. Other than London I would find a GTA Belfast at the time of the Ireland conflict more interesting, but this might be too specific to appeal to the masses and especially a younger audience.

Tokyo is difficult because of the almost total absence of firearms in Japan and the overall low crime rate, would fit better for a pure racing game or an action game focused only on the Yakuza.

Matty
  • Matty

• Australia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:56 PM

The whole world, even to a smaller scale but still on a scale that is believable, would be very hard if not impossible and well beyond the capabilities of current technology.

What is more plausible IMO is all GTA cities and every other location that exists in the GTA HD universe, along with new towns, cities and locations; being put into one map, a reimagining of the entire US. I predict that will be Rockstar’s ultimate goal for the GTA series too.
  • Mainline421 and Pastry like this

Night_MARE
  • Night_MARE

----- The Idaho Mafia -----

• Members
  • India

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

GTA World..... hmm...

(It's good for us but it'll be hard for the devs) R* will have to make a HUGE map. Even if they exclude half of the countries, they will be still making a real HUGE map.

That would mean they will have to add atleast a thousand missions (atleast).

Because you won't like to roam around in a city without having anything to do.

It will be the biggest and the most expensive project in the gaming industry. It will be a game changer.

It will change everything in the gaming world if it happens - System Requirements, Size of games (the game will be shipped on Hard disks imo), and all.

For us, it'll be good - thousands of missions, vehicles, vast area to explore, etc.

But if R* ever think of this, they will have to spend a hell lot of money, team up with all their dev studios, work for years to complete such a large project. It will be huge and if it happens, gaming will change forever.

Devdevi45
  • Devdevi45

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:09 PM

Yes in year 2078

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:29 PM

The whole world, even to a smaller scale but still on a scale that is believable, would be very hard if not impossible and well beyond the capabilities of current technology.

What is more plausible IMO is all GTA cities and every other location that exists in the GTA HD universe, along with new towns, cities and locations; being put into one map, a reimagining of the entire US. I predict that will be Rockstar’s ultimate goal for the GTA series too.

Ofcourse I don't expect them to do it any time soon. Just speculating if they will ever make it. I think the technology will come, because everything evolves over time.

//XP//
  • //XP//

:/

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

I don't think that'll ever happen. They prefer to keep focus to one/a few cities instead of making a huge map that looks bland and boring.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

I don't think that'll ever happen. They prefer to keep focus to one/a few cities instead of making a huge map that looks bland and boring.

I don't think that the map would be bland and boring, but thank you for your opinion.

• MightyMax likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

I hope not. Knowing the way Rockstar is, they'll probably skip on a lot of details and end up making a sh*tty recreation of the world that nobody likes. And even then, where would they go from there for sequels? GTA is Rockstar's main cash cow and if a sequel can't outdo the last game, it's pretty much game over for the series.

Aquamaniac
  • Aquamaniac

Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:03 AM

I don't think that the map would be bland and boring, but thank you for your opinion.

The problem is, at least in single player, you have to fill the map with something, missions or at least collectible items, even the map in GTA V was not completely filled with interesting stuff, so there is no need for an even bigger map, would be cool anyways to drive a motorway for hours.

An entire county would be an interesting thing. If the map is large enough it might work as a mini globe, when you drive long enough in one direction you end up where you started.

• //XP// likes this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:32 PM

Didn't Houser's in one of their interviews talked about not moving out of America, or something like that? I don't remember the exact words, but I do recall them saying that they are only interested in making GTA set completely in the American crime settings. We have seen in V characters from different backgrounds, but I don't think we'll see altogether different worlds as one universe, if that's what you meant by GTA world.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:40 PM Edited by VictorVince1239, 14 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.

Something more realistic would be a GTA with 4 maps the player can travel back and forth to. That will probably happen in the near future. It will likely need a loading time and I'm ok with that. If we're going to continue to have multiple main characters I want the characters them be from a different hometown that's in the game.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:43 PM Edited by killdrivetheftvehicle, 14 December 2017 - 08:55 PM.

Didn't Houser's in one of their interviews talked about not moving out of America, or something like that? I don't remember the exact words, but I do recall them saying that they are only interested in making GTA set completely in the American crime settings. We have seen in V characters from different backgrounds, but I don't think we'll see altogether different worlds as one universe, if that's what you meant by GTA world.

No, that's not what I meant, I meant thet GTA World is literally The World. And I'm not talking the near future, I'm asking if it will ever happen.

@Universetwisters: thanks for answering the question. I think that with the sequels they could introduce new cities to the already big map and ofcourse more new and old vehicles, and missions and interiors.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

I can't even imagine the space it would take in your HD.

Also, Rockstar would have to hire voice actors from all over the world to do voices and accents for every country, pay rights for thousands of songs from the entire world, have to send developers literally on a trip around the world for references, etc, etc, etc. Development would take decades and most likely cost billions of dollars, even for a company like Rockstar. I don't see this happening in our lifetime.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

I can't even imagine the space it would take in your HD.

Also, Rockstar would have to hire voice actors from all over the world to do voices and accents for every country, pay rights for thousands of songs from the entire world, have to send developers literally on a trip around the world for references, etc, etc, etc. Development would take decades and most likely cost billions of dollars, even for a company like Rockstar. I don't see this happening in our lifetime.

Thanks for your opinion.

I can imagine, that the data would have to be packed in proportional packages. It would then be unpacked depending on where you are on the map. Since you can only be in one place at a time, with the globe map you could divide the earth into smaller hexagon or pentagon maps (like a soccer ball), that would unpack and load when the player is going nearer the edge, and after reaching the middle of a hexagon or pentagon map it frees some cache for a quick unpacking and loading. (Maybe that's what they already do, IDK) I think it's just a matter of making it work smoothly enough. I don't think that it won't happen during our life time.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:11 AM

No, that's not what I meant, I meant thet GTA World is literally The World. And I'm not talking the near future, I'm asking if it will ever happen.
You mean like the whole actual world being parodied and satirised with different people coming from various backgrounds just like they have been doing with the American settings?
That is impossible.
Because it doesn't sound practical, at all.
The only way I could think of reaching the goal of having a world of the GTA series would be making the game's map a whole lot smaller and in the same vein as the 3D era style and format, similar to the mod in development ( don't remember the name, right now) that tries to bring all 3D era maps together and combine them into one experience.
So, if it's possible to get those worlds together, the I don't think it's a difficult task for Rockstar to make additional settings beyond American cities for one whole world experience, focusing only a couple of popular settings, and not every part of the actual world, if its not that important to include in the game.

Though, this means no RAGE, no realism, no beautiful graphics, and such, which are time consuming process to make worlds on such a bigger scale, and scope, in HD Era.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:54 AM

No, that's not what I meant, I meant thet GTA World is literally The World. And I'm not talking the near future, I'm asking if it will ever happen....
Though, this means no RAGE, no realism, no beautiful graphics, and such, which are time consuming process to make worlds on such a bigger scale, and scope, in HD Era.

Yes, it would in current gen, but I'm not talking current gen. When gta world comes out, it will be Playstation 7 and XBoX Three.

• MightyMax likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 [GTA: Underground]
    Best Map 2017 Contribution [Liberty City Countryside]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 4 weeks ago

I can imagine, that the data would have to be packed in proportional packages. It would then be unpacked depending on where you are on the map. Since you can only be in one place at a time, with the globe map you could divide the earth into smaller hexagon or pentagon maps (like a soccer ball), that would unpack and load when the player is going nearer the edge, and after reaching the middle of a hexagon or pentagon map it frees some cache for a quick unpacking and loading. (Maybe that's what they already do, IDK) I think it's just a matter of making it work smoothly enough. I don't think that it won't happen during our life time.

The map is loaded around the player based on coordinates, as opposed to the whole map being loaded at one time.

And even then, why should it happen? What reason is there for a GTA game to be set in THE ENTIRE WORLD. Does your average drug dealer from Oslo decide to go on a continent-wide crime spree before settling down in Sydney and owning multiple front companies in Brazil? The idea of a GTA game set in the entire world is clearly a matter of quantity over quality.
  • eCola likes this

CoolMods
  • CoolMods

Straight Up Menace

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 4 weeks ago

no because if i drive to my house and i'l enter i'm busted

Jack Lupino
  • Jack Lupino

Snitch

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

It will happen in the year 2101 setting a new milestone in video game history, a 100 years after the release of first open world game gta 3.

VictorVance1239
  • VictorVance1239

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

I would guess that if anything Rockstar will add maybe 2 or 3 more cities in the next game that'll be used briefly like North Yankton was in GTA 5, and if so then hopefully they expand on them in the Online mode.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

And even then, why should it happen? What reason is there for a GTA game to be set in THE ENTIRE WORLD. Does your average drug dealer from Oslo decide to go on a continent-wide crime spree before settling down in Sydney and owning multiple front companies in Brazil? The idea of a GTA game set in the entire world is clearly a matter of quantity over quality.

Ofcourse the game would have to be about the organized crime syndicates, and not so much on local gangs. Quality is always a relative perspective, so if you want to see it that way, quality has to be sacrificed in every game.

Efreet
  • Efreet

Wake up and smell the coffee

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Efreet, 3 weeks ago.

No, there won't be one. 

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

@Efreet: could you please explain how you came to your conclusion? I mean fine you answered the topic title question, but the first post has more questions to answer. (But I can understand why you don't if your first language is not English.)

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 3 weeks ago

I hope not. Knowing the way Rockstar is, they'll probably skip on a lot of details and end up making a sh*tty recreation of the world that nobody likes. And even then, where would they go from there for sequels? GTA is Rockstar's main cash cow and if a sequel can't outdo the last game, it's pretty much game over for the series.

They'll just make Liberty City again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users