Quantcast

» «
Photo

I want to talk about the direction GTA seems to be heading in.

145 replies to this topic
Deadman2112
  • Deadman2112

<i> C U, you filthy shoe thieving shoe thief!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:58 PM Edited by Deadman2112, 12 December 2017 - 02:08 PM.

That's why there is GTA Online
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the world of GTA is just fine and will remain so, in the single player side of things

Online is a free for all
Its what ever we make it, using the tools available
Besides, it's GTA
...there are no rules, other then don't cheat

Like they say, all's Fair in...

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 December 2017 - 03:42 PM Edited by ChiroVette, 12 December 2017 - 03:43 PM.

Chiro: I get what you’re saying, but the only way this forum will become more polite is when the finger pointing mentality stops and to me that won’t happen when the GTA IV fans are always perceived to be the bad guys. I really wish there weren’t any “sides” to be honest as we’re all GTA fans at the end of the day regardless of what our favourite one is.

Maybe I took it a bit too seriously I admit, but we managed (by some miracle) to stop before things got too heated.

There is no "good guys" and bad guys in this forum, nor are there any victims. Only willing participants.

The only thing I would disagree with in your post I am quoting is your categorical defense of IV fans. Because in it, you presuppose that only the IV fans are the victims of having fingers pointed at them. And clearly that is NOT even close to being true. V fans, myself included, take a f*ck ton of crap from IV fans who are so feverish and desperate to try and make the case that V is "objectively" worse than IV in almost every way. So at least lets be honest here and say that there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides before we point fingers at our opponents.

That's all I am saying.

• Algonquin Assassin, Gummy  and Emberheart like this

Reemer
  • Reemer

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

I think the cars that can drive on road and in water are cool but I just cant get behind the flying bikes, cars etc.

• Emberheart likes this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:24 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 12 December 2017 - 09:59 PM.

That's why there is GTA Online
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the world of GTA is just fine and will remain so, in the single player side of things

Online is a free for all

I don't understand how you can be ok with that, online play is the current most important aspect pf a video game, so GTA being the opposite of "fine" online is very much a bad thing and saying SP is fine so who cares is the worst most ignorant argument in the world. I wanna play online with friends AND strangers, so we can have the fun of something unexpected happening, like a confrontation randomly, but not with guy's in fighter jets or tanks (too often anyway) and not with guy's in flying cars or rocket bikes (ever).

BowlingMaster
  • BowlingMaster

Crackhead

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:18 PM

Market will dictate the future direction of the series. I'm also not cool with those stunt races (looks like hot wheels) and weird dlc, but it's making a huge success and they will probably give more and more importance to online in the future installments. To be honest I never bothered to play any gta online, as I think it's a singleplayer only game.

• Official General, CartmanKusanagi, Akatsuky and 4 others like this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

You can now literally nuke players from orbit in GTA Online.

Jesus f*cking christ, Rockstar..
  • Official General and Emberheart like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Best Moderator 2017
    Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:24 AM

Chiro: I get what you’re saying, but the only way this forum will become more polite is when the finger pointing mentality stops and to me that won’t happen when the GTA IV fans are always perceived to be the bad guys. I really wish there weren’t any “sides” to be honest as we’re all GTA fans at the end of the day regardless of what our favourite one is.

Maybe I took it a bit too seriously I admit, but we managed (by some miracle) to stop before things got too heated.

There is no "good guys" and bad guys in this forum, nor are there any victims. Only willing participants.

The only thing I would disagree with in your post I am quoting is your categorical defense of IV fans. Because in it, you presuppose that only the IV fans are the victims of having fingers pointed at them. And clearly that is NOT even close to being true. V fans, myself included, take a f*ck ton of crap from IV fans who are so feverish and desperate to try and make the case that V is "objectively" worse than IV in almost every way. So at least lets be honest here and say that there is plenty of blame to go around on both sides before we point fingers at our opponents.

That's all I am saying.

Fair enough. That we can both agree on. :^:

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:45 AM

It’s quite simple - this series has gone to sh*t thanks to the huge popularity of V Online and the army of robotic idiot customers that play it paying for shark cards. Rockstar makes way too much money from these guys, so like the guy earlier said, it’s the market that dictates the direction of the series, not the innovative and creative ideas used to be the hallmark of GTA.

Bottom line ? Get a gaming PC and mod existing GTAs, and just wait for RDR2.
  • Lioshenka, Algonquin Assassin, Tycek and 6 others like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

GTA V: Huge improvement over snore (GTA IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:41 AM

I really like the direction V SP is heading in, but for Online, the game has turned into a pathetic mess of a freemium thuggery by R* itself, while I like flying car, bike and other over-the-top things, I just don't like how they are very expensive, and force the player to either grind or buy sharkcard. I mean, Online is just like games nowaday, where everything is so expensive, and the reward for completing thing are very little, meaning you have to grind or you have to purchase the money with your real money (aka microtransactions)

The thing for Online is, if you want to be a winner, you have to be rich, otherwise you'll struggle

McGhee
  • McGhee

Jerk Asshole Guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

It’s quite simple - this series has gone to sh*t thanks to the huge popularity of V Online and the army of robotic idiot customers that play it paying for shark cards. Rockstar makes way too much money from these guys, so like the guy earlier said, it’s the market that dictates the direction of the series, not the innovative and creative ideas used to be the hallmark of GTA.
Bottom line ? Get a gaming PC and mod existing GTAs, and just wait for RDR2.

Partially true. Games like World of Warcraft make a lot of revenue by subbed players and they don’t go a totally different course from their primairy concept. Now, Rockstar, though....
It is clear to me that Rockstar doesn’t care about their creation at all anymore and supprts the abomination of it gladly. Gta Online has no more future other than milking gamers off their money. Businesswise I get their strategy. Ethically, I don’t understand the rape of their long lasting title.
I wouldn’t be surpised if this is the final bigger update for this game. The title itself kinda hints towards that direction, imo. They just can’t take it any further than this. How much more ridiculous does it need to get to make GTA fans of old turn their backs at Rockstar forever, massively? I think the margin is tight, very tight.
  • Official General likes this

Zenar
  • Zenar

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:17 PM

I hope next GTA doesn't bring alien invasion bullsh*t into story mode.

GSTMS
  • GSTMS

Player Hater

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:35 PM

I think that GTA will be drifting towards online only experience. It's a gold mine for Rockstar

• Cosmic Gypsy and Emberheart like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:11 PM

Anyone out there still think online is canon?

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

Anyone out there still think online is canon?

There's no way that bs is canon anymore, it completely contradicts events that happened in the story.
  • Cheatz/Trickz, slimeball supreme, Akatsuky and 1 other like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:01 AM

So now you can buy a starter pack for GTAO with a few ingame items which costs the same as EFLC...

2f7.png

• Algonquin Assassin, Tycek, Official General and 4 others like this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

People are asking for another jetpack since 2004 (san andreas)

R* gave us a jetpack... 

in 2017.

Online only.

Locked behind an incredible high paywall.

I'm not worried, GTA has already take another direction.

One i'm not interested in, right now.

GTA "6" may be the first GTA i won't buy Day1 but in the used market, to not give them my money

• Lioshenka, anthony, Cosmic Gypsy and 3 others like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

The jetpack, while cool, I am not liking the size. It feels more like some mini helicopter, or something, than the jetpack available in the game ELEX, which implements it perfectly! Small in size, and looks, and easy to traverse, unlike Online's version, which I'm not that sold on. In fact, it makes more sense for SP than Online. I find it useless for Online. Going in first person and venturing across the vast, beautiful map is, the only thing I find the jetpack worth using it.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911 likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:52 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 14 December 2017 - 11:52 AM.

The jetpack, while cool, I am not liking the size. It feels more like some mini helicopter, or something, than the jetpack available in the game ELEX, which implements it perfectly! Small in size, and looks, and easy to traverse, unlike Online's version, which I'm not that sold on. In fact, it makes more sense for SP than Online. I find it useless for Online. Going in first person and venturing across the vast, beautiful map is, the only thing I find the jetpack worth using it.

This is a real Jetpack. agile, can use your own weapons, can walk around with it...

• anthony and Brian_O_Malley like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:32 PM

Yup. It didn't cover too much screen space. Simple design. Once I land down, it feels like there's no jetpack in the back. I can walk, and run around like CJ would normally do-minus sprinting. The reason I didn't cite SA is because ELEX's version is even cooler than SA's version. It works pretty much like SA's jetpack but more streamlined and effective in combat.
Online's version looks like a big machine box than a jetpack. Not many players seemed to be excited either, since I didn't find many players flying around during the sessions, though it could be that many players didn't have that much to unlock, but in any case, I don't find it that useful Online.

@topic

I think in short what i was trying to say last night is GTA is loosing it's identity at a rapid rate and soon enough we'll see it go from a respectible crime game with comedic elements to straight up childish nonsense with nothing recognizable to original fans of the series. I was happy with the radio and characters providing the wacky content but if the wacky content makes it to the gameplay (like it already has) we're ruined.

But, you're mixing two separate modes into one, and then speak of GTA losing it's identity at a rapid rate?
If anything V seems a bit more grounded than any 3D era GTA. You can't use weapons like Katana, or chainsaw, and cause murdering rampage, etc. This is because V is set in an era which is leaning towards more realism, than casual fun, even though its still closer to 3D era charm than IV ever was, so it's trying to balance it out, with some new, modern changes without going full retard like Online.

I am not concerned about what they do with Online. In fact, there's nothing clear about it's Future yet. We have to wait and see how Rockstar, or Take Two, take it from here.
But, SP will not see the treatment as Online us getting, that's something I'm pretty sure, because if anything, they are shifting they're focus more towards Online than evolving SP.
The only thing I can see happening is SP will remain the way it is now - not much changes in terms of exciting stuff that once kept the series so hyped during 3D era, while Online will keep getting bigger, badass and much more fun.

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:37 PM

Online is not fun, or badass, it's an unbalanced cesspool of crap.
  • B Dawg, Official General, Cosmic Gypsy and 4 others like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

Unbalanced definitely, but the fun factor is incredible, esp., if people have friends. SP will remain the king of the series, but Online is also not that bad. Rockstar's only fault is that they left out SP for keeping Online relevant, instead of focusing on both. It could be a right decision business wise, but that's a never ending debate.

UncleSal
  • UncleSal

This ain't no country club, boy.

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:09 PM Edited by UncleSal, 14 December 2017 - 04:11 PM.

GTA V killed the GTA saga. GTA VI will be just a GTA Online 2, it's a shame, but it's true. 

GTA IV was the last real GTA game.

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Tycek and 3 others like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:57 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 14 December 2017 - 09:40 PM.

Yup. It didn't cover too much screen space. Simple design. Once I land down, it feels like there's no jetpack in the back. I can walk, and run around like CJ would normally do-minus sprinting. The reason I didn't cite SA is because ELEX's version is even cooler than SA's version. It works pretty much like SA's jetpack but more streamlined and effective in combat.
Online's version looks like a big machine box than a jetpack. Not many players seemed to be excited either, since I didn't find many players flying around during the sessions, though it could be that many players didn't have that much to unlock, but in any case, I don't find it that useful Online.

@topic

I think in short what i was trying to say last night is GTA is loosing it's identity at a rapid rate and soon enough we'll see it go from a respectible crime game with comedic elements to straight up childish nonsense with nothing recognizable to original fans of the series. I was happy with the radio and characters providing the wacky content but if the wacky content makes it to the gameplay (like it already has) we're ruined.

But, you're mixing two separate modes into one, and then speak of GTA losing it's identity at a rapid rate?
If anything V seems a bit more grounded than any 3D era GTA. You can't use weapons like Katana, or chainsaw, and cause murdering rampage, etc. This is because V is set in an era which is leaning towards more realism, than casual fun, even though its still closer to 3D era charm than IV ever was, so it's trying to balance it out, with some new, modern changes without going full retard like Online.

Thing is mate, things like Katana's and chainsaws are actually realistic, come to the UK, people wield that kinda sh*t because we don't have guns. I'm sure knife crimes prevalent in the US just as gun crime is, so yeah, things like machetes, katana's, small and huge blades of any kind are definitely realistic. How can you say rampaging with a blade or chainsaw is unrealistic compared to a damn fighter jet?

Online being a different mode to Single Player doesn't constitute unrealistic changes and flying rocket bikes, Online is merely a multiplayer version of the same game. You wouldn't chuck flying rocket bikes in Battlefield 1's Online modes then justify it by saying online is different, so why do it with GTA? This is a case of obviously unrelated, random bullsh*t being added into a game. The video i posted is more GTA than V's online will ever be and to be honest shows how much more fun weapons like machetes, chainsaws, street objects and fists are compared to tank cannons. (In a game of course.)

@UncleSal, i have a horrible feeling you're right.

• B Dawg likes this

Misunderstood
  • Misunderstood

Keep up, motherf*cker!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

Long post incoming:

GTA Online is by far the worst GTA game ever created. I would rather eat sawdust then ever touch the game again. I started playing it in 2013 with its sh*tty launch but stuck with it due to friends and the promise of heists. Heists took AGES to actually get released and so I quit the game around the time they actually released. However, I ended up buying the PC version of GTA on sale mostly for modding and the better graphics and tried GTA Online again and I was disgusted. The game was even worse than it was in 2013. However, unfortunately, I sank more hours into it mostly to f*ck around with friends and waste time grinding heists. That got boring quick and I ended up quitting again. I do log in every now and then, usually to laugh at how ridiculous the new additions and prices are or to f*ck around with some friends who play around with mods (which I don't blame them). Besides that, I cannot touch the game and GTA Online is not a game you can play alone. 

GTA IV's Online was brilliant. Simple but fun. Nothing brought me more joy than grinding Hangman's Noose, playing Bomb Da Base or doing Cops n Crooks. Hell, even free roam was a f*cking blast and because of its customization, the world was limitless. RDR's MP built off of this and brought us the best online Rockstar experience (pre-buggy sh*t) to date. If you have played both, you can easily tell GTA Online takes heavy inspiration from RDR's MP but it fails miserably. 

When the game first came out, the prices were relatively cheap and obviously, it was still a grind fest but not as bad as today. Back then, people just spammed Coverted and Rooftop Rumble but in my experience, I made just as much money and got more enjoyment for playing and doing other things. Back then, you at least made a decent amount playing deathmatch, doing survival and playing races. Now things costs way up into the million and there is no way to make the amount required to obtain even half of it unless you literally want to sit there and spam sh*t. Pacific Standard was decent to spam for a while but R* shut that down eventually so now the first wave of heists are pretty f*cking worthless to do. Prices keep getting spiked up, older missions become useless and newer missions don't give good enough payout, all in the name of shark cards. What's even funnier is shark cards aren't even worth it. 8 million dollars got you far back in 2013-2015 but now, they're not worth it. You know R* failed because not even their pay2win system is a good pay2win system. They expect ME to pay 100 dollars (40 dollars more than the f*cking game itself) to buy some sh*tty shark card that I can only buy three cars with? f*ck off. The 100 dollar card doesn't even get you that gold jet. 

Seriously, the 100 dollar price tag is bullsh*t. You could have bought GTA IV: Complete Edition and RDR: Game of the Year for less than a f*cking shark card. And 8 million dollars doesn't even get you anywhere so congrats for buying a shark card and going nowhere with it. 

The biggest problem in this game is that there is no way to have fun AND make decent money. You as the player has to make a choice. Don't get me wrong, most games like these are a grind fest to AN EXTENT but I've not played a game as bad as this. All the fun things like deathmatches, survival, races, SOME adversary modes, contact missions and most heists aren't worth your effort because they get you nowhere. They don't level you up efficiently nor do they give good game and those SHOULD be some of the fun things to do but they're not. Instead, you're forced into these sh*tty, grinding missions that STILL don't pay well and aren't even fun, especially because of this game's sh*tty AI.

Speaking of it, let's get into the sh*tTY AI. Cops, gangbangers, regular f*cking civilians all have pinpoint accuracy and as such, there is not really skill curve in PvE. It's just popping out of cover and hoping you don't get killed in two shots. Seriously, even those f*cking cops hanging from the helicopters can get shots on you AS the helicopter is spinning out to its doom. It's bullsh*t and it's even worse in things like heists where the enemy are legit bullet sponges and rip through your 500 dollar armor with the snap of a finger. Seriously, this game isn't even fun. It's just broken.

4+ years of development and millions of dollars later AND THE GAME IS STILL A BROKEN, GARBAGE, sh*tTY, LAGGY, LONG LOADING TIME, GREEDY game. Nothing is thing is ever really fixed and instead removed or nerfed to the point it's not worth using anymore. There are a million examples of this so I won't even get into it. All I can say is f*ck R* and their greedy new business model. GTA Online was garbage from the day it came out and it has just progressively got worse over time and IT diminished what could have been a masterpiece of a singleplayer game and its future DLC that could have expanded our protagonists. RDR 2 has me really worried and seeing how Red Dead Redemption is my favorite R* game, if they f*ck it up due to greedy Online tatics, I can assure you R* will have lost my trust forever. 

Spoiler

• Mastah, Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg and 9 others like this

Saliva
  • Saliva

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

I just watched the trailer for a new heist and it is absolutely in Saints Row territory. It's ironic that the original is now ripping-off the rip-off. If GTA V is the blueprint for future GTAs (and it should be, as it rakes in the coin) then I have no interest in it anymore.

• B Dawg, Official General, anthony and 2 others like this

Lioshenka
  • Lioshenka

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

GTA went the wrong direction when they introduced the online aspect. Every week they release something (I don't know what, because I don't play it, but it pops up in my inbox). I understand that these updates cost money, so of course R* will carry on doing them, because its a gold cow for them.

As I said before, although not disappointing by 5 as much as by 4, I am unlikely to buy GTA 6, because I am fairly certain that the single player will be cut back even more, leaving us with a plain boring storyline and no features, that the original games offered.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:54 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 15 December 2017 - 12:02 AM.

Thing is, GTA could be amazing online, imagine if they introduced Chinatown Wars styled drug dealing into online, only as well as dealing/buying from AI, we can also do it from other players. Who buy it from their own people, have their own quality/strength sh*t and make their own prices. Different players choosing to deal in different drugs, the possibilities are absolutely endless when you introduce something as complex as drug dealing into an online world. And that's just 1 example from the top of my head. 

A drug dealing system not only suits a game called Grand Theft Auto more than any fighter jet, tank or flying car, but is more fun then all 3 also. They could take a drug dealing system in numerous different directions and keep them all without having to choose 1. Imagine all the conflicts and risks you'd have to weigh up when interacting in online GTA drug deals with new unknown players. Everyone's bitching about wanting more ways to make money but they forget games like Chinatown Wars, The Warriors and San Andreas have everything covered already with drug dealing, robbing houses/shops, mugging people, etc. End of the day GTA Online is a pile of sh*t because they don't want to put any discernible time or money developing or improving core aspects of the game. It's all smoke and mirrors, no depth. Hey look i can play golf but every AI person in the world gets KO'd in 1 punch and the fighting system is a pile of wank anyway. 

• Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, ClaudeSpeed1911 and 1 other like this

Cheatz/Trickz
  • Cheatz/Trickz

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

Didn't think i'd see Rockstar go so mainstream. They are supposed to be setting trends, not following them.
  • Algonquin Assassin, B Dawg, Tycek and 4 others like this

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Didn't think i'd see Rockstar go so mainstream. They are supposed to be setting trends, not following them.

Exactly, their games used to be controversial, now parents can see how clownish it is.

• Cheatz/Trickz and Akatsuky like this

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:31 AM Edited by Am Shaegar, 15 December 2017 - 02:35 AM.

How can you say rampaging with a blade or chainsaw is unrealistic compared to a damn fighter jet?

Not unrealistic. I was making a distinction between casual fun, over the top, ridiculous and other synonyms for them, as opposed to V, set in an era, that now takes into consideration the background of the characters, the settings, the story, etc. to give them a proper sense of context that makes it feel more realistic.
Of course, GTA by the very nature of the game, can't entirely move away from a bit of casual level of fun, but it has been significantly reduced now, which is one of my complaints but that's another debate altogether.
Though, V manages to restore a lot of that missing fun without giving too much of a priority, whether or not, it feels out of place, or context. Stuff like Hydra are not in SP. :/.
It is in Online, and I have already explained the reasons, and the thoughts, behind the concept of Online.

Online being a different mode to Single Player doesn't constitute unrealistic changes and flying rocket bikes, Online is merely a multiplayer version of the same game. You wouldn't chuck flying rocket bikes in Battlefield 1's Online modes then justify it by saying online is different, so why do it with GTA?

I have never played Battlefield games, but the reason behind those inclusions could be the setting, and the precedent set by SA, in which the conspiracy theories, jetpacks, and all that sci-fi stuff, as people like to call it, had become synonymous with the word "San Andreas", which not only reminds people about the best storyline, protagonist and the best GTA of the series, but equally regarding the "over the top" stuff often associated with the game.

So unlike what others see it as "out of place", "unrealistic" stuff, including Toreno's character as nicely explained by a fellow member here, it was still well within the realm of possibility, and the context of the place, based on actual events of the 90's.

Online doesn't seem to follow this approach. But, they key thing to note here is that it was still set in San Andreas, the same state, which had an interesting mix of history that kept varied, and different, from other settings in the series.
Had Online been part of Liberty city, then it'd have been a WTF!?! Moment for me, because none of the previous games set in LC had jetpacks, etc.

Online is like V on steroids. It seems to keep logic aside, while focusing on the fun factor, trying to explore all possibilities of bringing more interesting content for the players to enjoy, and again, San Andreas is the kind of setting, in which I'd expect ridiculous fun from them, whether or not, people like them is completely their prerogative.
Since, it's a free to play mode, there's not much one can say here. Rockstar isn't selling the Online mode only for 60$. There's SP for those who don't like the "optional" multiplayer component, and the changes to them.

The fact people are so excited about this update, and having good fun, without worrying about the series directions, shows that it's not really seen as a serious concern, because SP isn't what Online is, both are different, and both have their own appeal, style, and gameplay experiences.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users