second batch of mk2 weapons discussion

226 replies to this topic
AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

If that Spec Carbine doesn't have a grenade launcher attachment it's a hard pass for me. The goddamn blueprints in the bunker for the standard carbine MkII had one, yet never appeared in game,bps my hopes are not high. Whatever the improvement is on the Spec Carbine MkII, I doubt it will be worth sacrificing the only worthwhile AR with 100 round mag..
  • We Are Ninja, Nossirag and Asian_Apache like this

FrostyJ
  • FrostyJ

[Frosty's Army]

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

The marksman mk2 will already have its base damage upgraded, they've done that on all weapons, so 2 hit kills is probably going to happen. Thats when you bust your heavy out and one hit kill them  :beerhat:

• Nossirag likes this

Daines001
  • Daines001

Modding god

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

Well for me I don't give a single sh*t how expensive any of these will be. 
Everything is in my single player with mods, animals, stunning graphics, interiors and of course vehicles and weapons.
But I still don't get it, so there are MK 2 weapons fully upragdable but there is not previous drum magazines .... da fack ...  Rockstar Rocktar  again these dumb mistakes. 

• Nossirag likes this

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Facade Corporation
  • Bulgaria

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:40 PM Edited by Rewdalf, 11 December 2017 - 07:40 PM.

In case anyone was too lazy to watch the trailer:

Spoiler

• FrostyJ and Asian_Apache like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homie

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

I just hope we are not getting something like this

5654mr_toots.jpg

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:17 PM

Are we thinking the spec carbine will be upgraded to the FAMAS?
  • Arrows to Athens and Nossirag like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

Are we thinking the spec carbine will be upgraded to the FAMAS?

More likely the bullbup-rifle. The specialcarbine mkII was on another artwork

• FrostyJ, Silencer555 and Asian_Apache like this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

Ah, ok. So in that string of pics, the second AR is the likely MkII spec carbine.

FrostyJ
  • FrostyJ

[Frosty's Army]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Ah, ok. So in that string of pics, the second AR is the likely MkII spec carbine.

Yeah, the G36 looking one is more likely the special carbine since they're similarly styled. i always considered the FAMAS an smg but maybe i'm just way off  :lol:

l-800-KILLZ
  • l-800-KILLZ

We live baby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

I really don't think that its a Bullpup mk2 in the trailer. My money is on assault smg mk2, since that'd avoid doing two guns from one section of the weapon menu. Time will tell i guess. As far as the marksman using explosives, i highly doubt it. However i'd be ok with it as long as its not the same damage as the heavy sniper. Two shots with it to kill someone seems fair enough. I've been wanting a proper higher powered dmr.

Combat+Assault Mkll?

Combat MG MKll?

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Hey, I'm far from an expert. I've only shot a few hand guns and shotguns IRL, and my knowledge of anything heavier is casual enthusiast level at best lol. Just glad we're getting update/upgraded guns, may not be brand new guns or the Programmable AR I desperately want, but it's certainly better than nothing... Actually, I've grown to appreciate that the weapon workshop in the MOC is like a Bennys for advanced firearms. I don't so much care about the tints and skins, but the ammo selection, barrel and muzzle options, and modern sights and scopes are really nice. Still would love to see some new, completely whole cloth additions to the Ammunation wall. Programmable AR, Flamethrower, Chainsaw, katana and snubnose revolver would all be amazing additions that aren't really possible with simply upgrading existing guns. These new ones look good though, again, better than nothing being added for weapons.

Luigi22
  • Luigi22

The Grinder

• Members
  • Norfolk-Island

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

I seriously hope we don't have to do research again. Still have 10 or so left from Gunrunning.
  • AUScowboy likes this

AUScowboy
  • AUScowboy

Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

Prepare, betting it's just as bad if not worse than GR... tank camos, vehicle weapon upgrades, weapon attachments... I'm betting all of it will be researched down to scopes and sh*t again.
  • Nossirag likes this

Asian_Apache
  • Asian_Apache

cyka blyat hunter, Privyet, AKULA BLYAT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:55 PM Edited by Asian_Apache, 11 December 2017 - 09:58 PM.

Prepare, betting it's just as bad if not worse than GR... tank camos, vehicle weapon upgrades, weapon attachments... I'm betting all of it will be researched down to scopes and sh*t again.

I expect research, but probably no more than what gunrunning brought. All the mk 2 weapons are likely part of the research, but we already have all of the liveries. This means 3-4 attachments on each weapon or up to 20 items to research. New vehicle camos are probably limited to under ten. We already have all the bullet types unlocked (assuming there are no new ones).

The vulcan bomber, the akula, the mega swat van, and the tank are probably not research based because they can't fit in a garage (or MOC) like a weaponized vehicle and we haven't seen any research for hangar vehicles. This leaves the new armored truck, the jetpack, and the new troll cars. It's unknown for these ones but there seriously can't be more than 3 upgrades to each of these. So our total is about 42 items of research. compared to gunrunning's 45 or so.

• AUScowboy likes this

Hellbendzor
  • Hellbendzor

Homeboy

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

Sadly you're probably more than right, Aus...

Damn research again... Pfff... I ain't speedresearching this time around though.... No way... 

• AUScowboy and Nossirag like this

Weedell
  • Weedell

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:01 PM Edited by Weedell, 11 December 2017 - 10:02 PM.

Spoiler

I see people calling this pump shotgun mkII. This is clearly not a pump shotgun but a semiautomatic similar to a Remington 11-87, you can see the charging handle sticking out of the bolt. Maybe this thing can compete w the current auto shotty after all.

FrostyJ
  • FrostyJ

[Frosty's Army]

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

Spoiler

I see people calling this pump shotgun mkII. This is clearly not a pump shotgun but a semiautomatic similar to a Remington 11-87, you can see the charging handle sticking out of the bolt. Maybe this thing can compete w the current auto shotty after all.

I think people just mean that we'll be upgrading the pump shotgun TO this variant since they are so similar. But awesome to know it may not be pump action anymore  :lol:

• Nossirag likes this

Weedell
  • Weedell

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:21 PM

I find the idea of special ammo espescially interesting w a shotgun...people have wanted less lethal options for a while, could be fun to ragdoll someone w a beanbag to the groin.
  • chef_archie likes this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:24 PM Edited by Black-Dragon96, 11 December 2017 - 11:25 PM.

I loved this gun but the scope makes me think that people will shuffle / dance in 1st person with it.
I want this. 
-snipped dragunov-
But I'm sure my dreams will never come true. Oh, I think this was in VCS as well. Haven't played it in a good minute.

Ah, yes Snaiperskaja Wintowka Dragunova or short SVD.
One of my favourite game guns. If a game has the option to use this gun you can bet i will carry it 24/7.
Sadly this thing would share the fate of the marksman rifle, becoming a tryhard polka dancing spray and pray gun.

l-800-KILLZ
  • l-800-KILLZ

We live baby

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:26 PM

Spoiler

Do you know anything about guns? If it was semi auto the forward grip would be all the way back to the receiver... That's most certainly a pump gun. 

• KornbreadMaf1a likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:41 PM

All I'm thinking is "damn, more weapons to test the sh!t out of..."

Even though I'd love to see more cut content like the Heavy Rifle, Heavy LMG, Programmable AR and Remote Sniper come to the game, I just don't get the feeling any more weapons are coming to Ammunation - it's far more "profitable" for them to make these new weapons have the vast amount of crazy paintschemes/ camos and put them behind some sort of paywall, so I guess they'll always be Mk.II variants in the future (that is, if we ever got more than what's coming shortly). 

Fingers crossed the new guns don't make a balls of the single player stuff like previously. 

Anyhow... you can almost bet there will be new research for the weapon attachments unless they're unlocked right away. Wait - that goes without saying. Well I guess time will tell. 

Weedell
  • Weedell

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Spoiler

Do you know anything about guns? If it was semi auto the forward grip would be all the way back to the receiver... That's most certainly a pump gun. 

It's obscured by the hand but there's no functional reason the foregrip would need to extend that far back and I'm not aware of any pump shotguns featuring a side charging handle like this has. I know a thing or two about guns but am always happy to learn something new...like what, specifically, is this based on...but I suppose that's a big ask if we can't even agree on the operating mechanism.

⁣V⁣
  • ⁣V⁣

A Light in the Black

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

Is it me or does this look like a MK II version of the Combat Pistol?
Spoiler

Also, super excited for the Pump Shotgun MK2. Been using the Stock alot lately even before I saw it in the trailer.

Legate Meridius
  • Legate Meridius

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

Spoiler

It's obscured by the hand but there's no functional reason the foregrip would need to extend that far back and I'm not aware of any pump shotguns featuring a side charging handle like this has. I know a thing or two about guns but am always happy to learn something new...like what, specifically, is this based on...but I suppose that's a big ask if we can't even agree on the operating mechanism.

Everyone is calling it the pump shotgun because if you watch closely enough in the trailer you can see the guy pump it to eject the spent shell.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Really hoping the Heavy Revolver MKII has an increased fire rate.
  • SHOKKERZ91 likes this

Weedell
  • Weedell

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

Everyone is calling it the pump shotgun because if you watch closely enough in the trailer you can see the guy pump it to eject the spent shell.

Hah, sure enough it does, at 34sec he's clearly reloading a pump...so rockstar put a charging handle on a pump shotgun... weird.

Godovermoney
  • Godovermoney

Playa

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:44 AM

The bull pup is already the fastest rifle in game, and if they add more damage it could end up OP.

xwinkx_girlYakuza
  • xwinkx_girlYakuza

Join my crew : Girl Yakuza

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

Will the customization be locked behind research again? i hope not..  :cry:

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:02 AM

Will the customization be locked behind research again? i hope not..  :cry:

Most likely.

askinnywhitedildo
  • askinnywhitedildo

Jester Classic or GTFO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

Maybe we can take the scope off the Marksmen and have a M14?

I doubt it though... 

• Lupo-Akane and Nossirag like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users