Doomsday Heist Quick Questions

887 replies to this topic
aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Do preps count towards the all in order and loyalty challenge?

Yes. Preps must be done by same team.

You can do all preps first though then go to Invite Only to do the setups in order and finale.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Watching some videos for Elite Challenge, there were comments that if the time isn't met during the checklist screen, everyone can quick power off the system, and be able to do the finale again instead of having to redo all the preps/setups.  Basically like the CMM trick if someone dies, you won't lose your progress.  Is that actually true? 

Shadowfennekin
  • Shadowfennekin

Proud Saints Row and Pokemon Fanboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Is there a way to get the Target outfit in Hardest Target?

I love the green heavy plate armor....

MaxBazooka01
  • MaxBazooka01

GTA's Resident Tryhard and Squeaker Killer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

This isn't a question about DDH. But, in the Elysian Island bunker resupply, why does my brother get a plain Insurgent to drive back to his bunker while I get an APC?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Watching some videos for Elite Challenge, there were comments that if the time isn't met during the checklist screen, everyone can quick power off the system, and be able to do the finale again instead of having to redo all the preps/setups.  Basically like the CMM trick if someone dies, you won't lose your progress.  Is that actually true? 

I dont know about by the checklist screen but yea if the host quits before the heist is complete you can just replay it.

The time is not much of an issue in these challenges. You can just use a timer also and if you are not close then just quit and try again.

I think when they do the replay glitch they close the app at the flash after landing the jetpacks so the checklist screen may be too late. If you see the orange spinning circle then its probably too late.

aFinn
  • aFinn

SRS Incorporated

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

This isn't a question about DDH. But, in the Elysian Island bunker resupply, why does my brother get a plain Insurgent to drive back to his bunker while I get an APC?

It changes from Insurgent to APC after you have completed the MOC mission for APC

• joel15cat, Gridl0k, Silencer555 and 1 other like this

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

^If only there was a way to reverse the process to get Insurgents again. I hate driving the APC all the back to my bunker since it's slower than the Insurgent and more annoying to deal with when attacking it on the move.

• aFinn and Gridl0k like this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

^If only there was a way to reverse the process to get Insurgents again. I hate driving the APC all the back to my bunker since it's slower than the Insurgent and more annoying to deal with when attacking it on the move.

When doing that resupply mission, get to the yellow marker, then immediately take cover in the marked area,do NOT attack till agent 14 says so, if you attack too early or too late,then the Apc gets away and you have to chase it.

Create a bottleneck by attacking at the precise time, the goons will hop out of the Apc to attack you, then it's a easy secure and deliver mission.

Silencer555
  • Silencer555

Accident Prone

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

When doing that resupply mission, get to the yellow marker, then immediately take cover in the marked area,do NOT attack till agent 14 says so, if you attack too early or too late,then the Apc gets away and you have to chase it.

Create a bottleneck by attacking at the precise time, the goons will hop out of the Apc to attack you, then it's a easy secure and deliver mission.

Yes, effective but still results in having a slow APC to drive in the end. Plus I prefer a hit and run approach over ambushes for the sake of intensity, which Insurgents would be far more fun to deal with rather than having to bring out explosive resistant vehicles to save yourself from the APC's cannon during a chase.

Stupidis
  • Stupidis

In jetpack we thrust

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've seen a list with the release dates for all new vehicles but can't find it now. Anyone care to share?

Rafae
  • Rafae

High Roller

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I've seen a list with the release dates for all new vehicles but can't find it now. Anyone care to share?

This is the order of the remaining cars

Kamacho
190z
Hustler
Comet SR
  • Jimbatron and Stupidis like this

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

Big Meat!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Probably a dumb question here.  The Elite Challenge on Act 3 for head shots.  Is that suppose to be head shot kills, or just landing head shots?  On our last run, we ended up with 170 head shots, but it didn't seem nowhere near like we killed that many clones.  I know a couple of the baddies took 2 - 3 head shots before going down.  Unless perhaps blowing up all the nighsharks in the tunnel counted for headshots too?

• Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jimbatron, 2 weeks ago.

Probably a dumb question here.  The Elite Challenge on Act 3 for head shots.  Is that suppose to be head shot kills, or just landing head shots?  On our last run, we ended up with 170 head shots, but it didn't seem nowhere near like we killed that many clones.  I know a couple of the baddies took 2 - 3 head shots before going down.  Unless perhaps blowing up all the nighsharks in the tunnel counted for headshots too?

The guys in the elite challenge world record thread seem pretty convinced (because I asked this exact question), that one head shot kills, and if it seems like more then that's lag, you won't get any more towards your total. I was asking because I was making a stealth kill video of the "Test Site Intel" prep and it's clear that with a standard silenced pistol it's two head-shots to kill. So it did occur to me if you were ballsy and went for a weak weapon, it might allow your to boost the head-shot count more, potentially allowing you to complete the hacks quicker without losing out on the re spawns you need (if going for a super fast time).

http://gtaforums.com...entry1070081422

I'm unclear about whether explosions count or not. My hunch though is yes, they do - at least, if you kill a vehicle occupant with an ambient blast. The reason I say this is I've watched a lot of videos and people taking the tank seem to get a higher head-shot count than you'd expect - which would tally, as blowing up the insurgents would happen more frequently than with the Barrage. I have absolutely no hard proof of that though, it's just a gut feeling based on observations.

• Rammer2k likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by StangOne50, A week ago.

In casual 2 player runs we end up with about 160-180 headshots and thats using the barrage and just head shooting the guys on top shooting at us. For a 4 player team, unless you put up a pretty decent time 170 headshots is probably a bit low or average depending on how fast you guys are going. Ive had runs with 3-4 players where we have gotten between 200-300 headshots. Depends alot on how fast the hacks go. If the hack takes a minute and 3 players get just 15 headshots each time thats 45 just during each hack.

It would be interesting to know if you blow the trucks up whether they counted or not but I would be surprised if they did.

• Jimbatron likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted A week ago Edited by Jimbatron, A week ago.

In casual 2 player runs we end up with about 160-180 headshots and thats using the barrage and just head shooting the guys on top shooting at us. For a 4 player team, unless you put up a pretty decent time 170 headshots is probably a bit low or average depending on how fast you guys are going. Ive had runs with 3-4 players where we have gotten between 200-300 headshots. Depends alot on how fast the hacks go.

I think that last bit is key. My four man team got 158 headshots in under 25 minutes which sounds low. But then we blitzed the hack section and slowed down at the end because I was monitoring it on the stop watch and realised we had bags of time left. We Took it easy for the last bit to avoid an unlucky death and get the achievement. It's obviously only the hack section where you get those extra respawns to boost headshot potential.

It would be interesting to know if you blow the trucks up whether they counted or not but I would be surprised if they did.

Obviously the concept feels a bit off but it depends how the game records a headshot, of which I'm unclear. If it requires a bullet to hit the head then it won't. But if it registers any damage to the head as a headshot then ambient explosions could count. I had a look at the wiki for native functions but none with headshot in the title are documented.
  • StangOne50 likes this

The Other Dude
  • The Other Dude

Don't you go disrespecting coconut water!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

This probably works like the other properties but I'll ask just in case. If I buy the security room or orbital cannon and then switch facilities, will I have to re-purchase them?

delorianlazarus
  • delorianlazarus

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted A week ago

^
Never tried myself but people say so.
If you move your facility, you loose its extensions. You have to purchase again.

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

Sinister Chipmunk

• GTAF Crew
  • British-Virgin-Islands

Posted 6 days ago

^ 100% you do.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users