65 replies to this topic
Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner
    Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:35 PM Edited by Haokizaru, 10 December 2017 - 02:40 PM.

Hello guys,

I am making this thread because i recently had a negative experience with R* support for GTA Online and i wanted to know if you ever had to contact them and if it was useful to do so

For me, they are not taking us seriously, you go to them with an issue, they give you come complete BS troubleshooting steps that never work and then tell you we'll investigate that for you (which they never do). I also don't think that they  take the time to fully read what we write to them

Here is my ticket, i'd like your opinions and your stories:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• Arrows to Athens, bulldog385 and kovaandr like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:46 PM Edited by StangOne50, 10 December 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Most of the time they are complete f*cking idiots. You ask them about one thing and they respond about something else. Most of the support team really doesnt know anything about the game.

Its funny because for the last 3 months I have also been fighting with them about the ammo. I have been through 3 support tickets just like yours with no solution. I been playing with 16/12 marksman ammo for months.

I told them the same sh*t, I do not want a refund.

All they do is spam me asking for a video, which I refuse to provide because it would be 2 videos.

One of me buying them and one just showing I have no ammo.

I can not seem to get one video actually showing me losing the ammo.

I had another issue with the buying cars and not receiving them bug just a couple weeks ago. This time they did not ask for a video or anything, they just said they could not verify my claims. So I sent them screen shots showing I purchased a vehicle twice and they still said they could not verify my claim. They completely ignored my screen shots and never even mentioned them.

I went back and forth for a week and was getting no where. I started a new ticket after that. The first person who responded refunded me like 800k for 1 of the vehicles. He said well we see 1 of the cars in your garage so we can only refund you for 1 car. Both fkn vehicles were in my garages.

Honestly I can go on and on till my fingers bleed.

• Arrows to Athens, bulldog385 and Haokizaru like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

If you had custom plates on several of your cars and unlinked your social club account you'll be dupe detected. Thought you might wanted to know that it might be their suggestion to a solution that got you dupe detected in the first place, sorry if you already know and I missed that.

This is the reason why I'll probably never contact R* support since they're no help at all it seems
  • bulldog385, -LN- and Haokizaru like this

Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:57 PM Edited by Haokizaru, 10 December 2017 - 03:00 PM.

If you had custom plates on several of your cars and unlinked your social club account you'll be dupe detected. Thought you might wanted to know that it might be their suggestion to a solution that got you dupe detected in the first place, sorry if you already know and I missed that.

This is the reason why I'll probably never contact R* support since they're no help at all it seems

In fact, i didn't know this at all, that makes it all even worse now, you go to them with minor problems, you leave with bigger problems

• Arrows to Athens and bulldog385 like this

Sanches
  • Sanches

Rider boi

• Members
  • None
  • Mister Los Santos 2017 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2017] Best Funny Snap
    Best Event 2017
    Best New GTA Member 2017
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

I wonder what support is less competent. Valve's or Rockstar's?

• ZeroSafe and Haokizaru like this

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:03 PM

Most of the support team really doesnt know anything about the game.

Just like the game's developers. Thats why it turned from 'Grand Theft Auto' Into Grand Tryhard Annihilation.

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:04 PM

In fact, i didn't know this at all, that makes it all even worse now, you go to them with minor problems, you leave with bigger problems
I wouldn't know either if it wasn't for obvious reasons.. (I'm not dupe detected tho..)

It's kinda sad actually that they don't know that their advice can give this kind of outcome for innocent players
  • Haokizaru likes this

HectorMendoza
  • HectorMendoza

Bad Hombre

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Is that a rhetorical question?

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

What a coincidence my 3rd ticket about the ammo just got closed with no solution. I try to open a new one and it says I already opened a new ticket(which I did not) and I have to wait 4 hours to open another lol

• Haokizaru likes this

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:18 PM

This is why I don't worry about talking about duping and glitching on the forums. Rockstar is too incompetent to do anything about it. Like, you think they're gonna read this thread?

If anyone at the company is reading this, I challenge you to make a meaningful response.

That's what I thought. Crickets. Just keep buying those Shark cards though.

• Cutter De Blanc, gtafan26, -LN- and 1 other like this

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

This is why I don't worry about talking about duping and glitching on the forums. Rockstar is too incompetent to do anything about it. Like, you think they're gonna read this thread?

If anyone at the company is reading this, I challenge you to make a meaningful response.

That's what I thought. Crickets. Just keep buying those Shark cards though.

It actually should be talked more about it so people become aware of it. They make a system that potentially will punish people duping but end up mostly punish legit players that think they don't need to pay attention to these kind of things.. Is that the famous R* logic people refer to?
  • Forza Harrd, -LN- and Haokizaru like this

Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:23 PM

What a coincidence my 3rd ticket about the ammo just got closed with no solution. I try to open a new one and it says I already opened a new ticket(which I did not) and I have to wait 4 hours to open another lol

Try to record a video like the one i did:

It is obvious that the sniper ammo disappears after the job

Forza Harrd
  • Forza Harrd

Chef

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:25 PM

It's bullsh*t that you have to provide a video at all. I don't even know how to make a friggin video. That's not support.

• Haokizaru likes this

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

LOL there is one case a rival of mine lose his car due to a bug and so rockstar compensated him GTA$ but moments later said car came back while he still had said compensation

Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:36 PM Edited by Haokizaru, 10 December 2017 - 03:42 PM.

Imagine if my legit 300 millions get wiped because of this on the day the DLC drops, because of a troubleshooting step that their support asked me to execute

I swear i'd take a loan from the bank, go to the dark web, and hire an entire militia of murderers to bring me justice

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl/Meh Queen

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:43 PM Edited by Quinn_flower, 10 December 2017 - 03:45 PM.

They read a script. Most of these agents are in the Middle East. I think fun said the company is pole to win or some thing like that.

I have a progress lost issue and they told me "hey at least you have your money still" and that's when I took it into my own hands.
  • Haokizaru likes this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

1. I recently had a negative experience with R* support for GTA Online
2. I wanted to know if you ever had to contact them and if it was useful
3. They are not taking us seriously.
4. I don't think that they take time to fully read what we write to them

I'll respond to the most bulletable points in your original post:

1. This is not exclusive to R* as about 90% of all support experiences, no matter what product or service, result in unsatisfied or negative customers.
2. Yes, in 2015 I bought a Shark card. Later, they wiped my GTA$. I submitted a ticket and was basically called a cheater. 
3. Perhaps it's not that they don't take it seriously, but rather they are bombarded with complaints and problems, most of which are likely trivial.
4. I'd blame this on resources. It's a four year old product. Their support is probably being reallocated to newer products, like Red Dead 2.

In other words, yes - it is so frustrating to deal with customer support, no matter what company. But with this one, it seems they try to address the thousands and thousands of tickets by responding with scripted, generic resolutions which often don't work.

It's too bad, because some issues have been around since day one. Others come with recent DLC or updates.

Frustrating and little recourse. Sounds a lot like life. <sigh>

• flexcreator likes this

Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:17 PM Edited by Haokizaru, 10 December 2017 - 04:18 PM.

1. I recently had a negative experience with R* support for GTA Online
2. I wanted to know if you ever had to contact them and if it was useful
3. They are not taking us seriously.
4. I don't think that they take time to fully read what we write to them

I'll respond to the most bulletable points in your original post:

1. This is not exclusive to R* as about 90% of all support experiences, no matter what product or service, result in unsatisfied or negative customers.
2. Yes, in 2015 I bought a Shark card. Later, they wiped my GTA$. I submitted a ticket and was basically called a cheater. 
3. Perhaps it's not that they don't take it seriously, but rather they are bombarded with complaints and problems, most of which are likely trivial.
4. I'd blame this on resources. It's a four year old product. Their support is probably being reallocated to newer products, like Red Dead 2.

In other words, yes - it is so frustrating to deal with customer support, no matter what company. But with this one, it seems they try to address the thousands and thousands of tickets by responding with scripted, generic resolutions which often don't work.

It's too bad, because some issues have been around since day one. Others come with recent DLC or updates.

Frustrating and little recourse. Sounds a lot like life. <sigh>

I don't agree with you because GTA 5 and Online makes them almost 500 million dollars a year, it is their task to adapt their support resources accordingly to the success of their product

When i use a poduct i paid for, i expect it to work as it is supposed to, so i don't have to blame myself for their lack of resources, nowadays customers have rights no matter how big your company is, so going to them with 5 issues about their product but having none solved is a big malfunction on their part

It is your right to defend them, that is why this topic is here, to discuss their support for GTA Online, if you are satisfied with GTA Online's support, you are perfectly allowed to, same as i have the right that the gaming experience i pay for works like it is supposed to

• Fight for freedom likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:19 PM Edited by flexcreator, 10 December 2017 - 04:19 PM.

I had 16 general requests. 12 of them were resolved.
They don't know the game well, but they still can solve the minor issues.

There were additional 10 Cheater/Exploit reports related to the mod menu and how it works. All of them were closed with a templated replies. But I wasn't expecting any reply in the first place, so that's ok.

"I have tried to completely uninstall all data related to the game"

Why do people come to the conclusion that completely uninstalling the game will magickally solve their problems? I see this fallacy everywhere, especially in the Skyrim community.

Generally speaking, if you have a problem you should start with the smallest steps. Reinstalling the game could only make things worse. It's not as bad with GTA though.

As for your request, you have bombarded the support team with all these additional complaints (ammo, license plates) like it's your personal B&M topic. These additional details that are not related to the original request turns your simple ticket into some inconvenient mess. You see the R* support as incompetent, but I'm pretty sure they see you as complete f****g moron. 

"I have a new issue now..."
I can imagine the face of the support engineer.

What should be done instead?
You have 3 issues (ammo, plates, helmets) that have nothing in common.
Separate them into 3 different requests that would be processed by several employees. They have enough desorganized mess to deal with, don't make your simple request look like a complex one. 

About the daily limit.
You should stop selling vehicles and after a few weeks you daily limit should be increased on it's own. At least, that's what you hear in the glitchers community.
  • ash-274 likes this

joel15cat
  • joel15cat

You are becoming hysterical

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 10 December 2017 - 04:26 PM Edited by joel15cat, 10 December 2017 - 04:30 PM.

They are incompetent.
But it is also true that there are many players complaining about stupid things (A LOT OF PLAYERS).

For example this is the best and fun from the Support experience:

Hello Joel

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

GTA Online Secret Alien UFO Supply Run Mission

This is a confirmation that you contacted us today. The codes that you presented, are about GTA Online Secret Alien UFO Supply Run Mission.

We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We understand how frustrating this can be.

If you have any other issues or concerns, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Aisha M.

Rockstar Support

---

Hello joel15cat,

Thanks for reaching back out to us.

We hate to be the bearer of bad news, but we'd like to inform you that there is no Easter Egg Bunker Mission. We understand that you have provided videos and took the time to do the missions and apologize for any confusion caused.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you require assistance in the future.

Best regards,

Shantel H.

Rockstar Support

---

Hahahahahahaha
  • ash-274 and Haokizaru like this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:25 PM Edited by StangOne50, 10 December 2017 - 05:27 PM.

I noticed you didnt have hvy sniper. I thought this may have been linked to mkii weapons but I guess not. I have lost the ammo without even joining jobs. Two days ago I was just sitting in my bunker, I did one sale and shut the game off. When I came back ammo was gone.

At one point I had marksman, sniper and mkii sniper with ex rounds. I got rid of the normal sniper and I didnt lose ammo for a couple weeks that I noticed but now I am losing it every day again.

One guy from support said not to buy ammo from the menu or on jobs and to only buy it in the store but ofcourse that did not work either. They even had the balls to tell me it was fixed with a patch.

• Haokizaru likes this

Arrows to Athens
  • Arrows to Athens

Proud Pigalle Owner

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:27 PM Edited by Arrows to Athens, 10 December 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Try asking a question on how to buy a shark card. You'll get an instant human reply within seconds, with the responder actually getting to the point and solving your problem within a matter of minutes, something that will never happen with a genuine issue.

• B7R and Haokizaru like this

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:32 PM Edited by CaptainMarvel, 10 December 2017 - 05:36 PM.

Honest question, youve never sold more than 6-8 cars in one day or sold more than 3 cars in less than an hour? That gets you flagged, and if you keep selling cars at a fast rate the detect/sales system continues to flag your account. Which leads to your loss of custom plates.

If it wasnt the unlink/link social club issue than the amount of car sales and the speed of sales may have caused the plate loss.

As for my personal customer care experiences? 13 of 14 cases were solved admirably-above admirably. Im not sure if its because of luck, but Ive received compensation that was far more than what I inquired about. The only negative experience was with the vehicle failed to deliver after purchase bug from a few weeks back.

Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:42 PM Edited by Haokizaru, 10 December 2017 - 05:46 PM.

I noticed you didnt have hvy sniper. I thought this may have been linked to mkii weapons but I guess not. I have lost the ammo without even joining jobs. Two days ago I was just sitting in my bunker, I did one sale and shut the game off. When I came back ammo was gone.

At one point I had marksman, sniper and mkii sniper with ex rounds. I got rid of the normal sniper and I didnt lose ammo for a couple weeks that I noticed but now I am losing it every day again.

One guy from support said not to buy ammo from the menu or on jobs and to only buy it in the store but ofcourse that did not work either. They even had the balls to tell me it was fixed with a patch.

I do own the explosive heavy sniper, its just that i don't lose ammo for it so i figured it wouldn't be relevant to show it in the video

Honest question, youve never sold more than 6-8 cars in one day or sold more than 3 cars in less than an hour? That gets you flagged, and if you keep selling cars at a fast rate the detect/sales system continues to flag your account. Which leads to your loss of custom plates.

If it wasnt the unlink/link social club issue than the amount of car sales and the speed of sales may have caused the plate loss.

As for my personal customer care experiences? 13 of 14 cases were solved admirably-above admirably. Im not sure if its because of luck, but Ive received compensation that was far more than what I inquired about. The only negative experience was with the vehicle failed to deliver after purchase bug from a few weeks back.

As i never used any car dupe / sell limit bypass glitch and because i like to change my personal vehicles very often (sometime, my mood tells me to change an entire 20 car garage), i didn't really count how many vehicles i sell. i had no clue that trying to sell your personal vehicles that you bought from the phone the legit way could be considered as an offense / get you flagged

CaptainMarvel
  • CaptainMarvel

MSpaintophiliac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:45 PM

Haokizaru, legit owned/bought cars actually DO count against the daily sell limit and CAN flag you as an offender.

Haokizaru
  • Haokizaru

Heavy Sniper Master

• Members
  • France

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:55 PM Edited by Haokizaru, 10 December 2017 - 05:57 PM.

Haokizaru, legit owned/bought cars actually DO count against the daily sell limit and CAN flag you as an offender.

All my vehicles are bought from the phone, how is trying to sell them by going to LS Custom considered as an offense, because i can't sell them

I mean what did i do wrong ? 

Are players even supposed to worry about how many vehicles they try to sell the legit way ?

I mean i didn't bypass the limit or anything like that

I just try to sell as many vehicles as the games allows me to and that's an offense that gets you restrictions on you acc FFS ?

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 10 December 2017 - 05:56 PM Edited by kenmy13999, 10 December 2017 - 06:01 PM.

That's true but to lose your personal plates you need to sell a lot of personal vehicles. I think you lose it at repeat cap offender 4 or something like that, may be a little wrong but you don't lose them first time you hit your limit

Haokizaru, if you hit your limit one time and don't do it for a while it shouldn't be any problem but if you do it every day you're f*cked
  • Forza Harrd likes this

III-Ari-III
  • III-Ari-III

Corporate Warlord

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

You discovered gunpowder!, rockstar service always sucked, they seem to fix your problem if the planets and universes aligns, otherwise they send you the same automatic message.

• Forza Harrd and Haokizaru like this

Cheesy_wotsit
  • Cheesy_wotsit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Its a circle of failure that can best be described as such.

Assuming that you are not complaining or reporting an issue that could be directly linked to cheating or can be passed off by simply dropping a sum of fake money in to your account, in other words a REAL issue that requires someone to do some actual WORK, here's what you'll get!

Tier 1: Turn it off and turn it on again, if that doesn't resolve the issue get back to us

Tier 2: Turn it off but this time leave it turned off for a few minutes and then turn it back on again if that doesn't fix it get back to us

Tier 3: No idea what the issue is we will pass it on to someone else and you'll never hear from us or see a fix thanks for reporting your issue we are going to mark your clearly unresolved report as resolved and close the case.

Tier 4: Some guy in Tier 3 gave me this report either I have no idea how to fix the issue or am actually unable to fix the issue lets just pretend that we never saw it

So the result of this is

1). Everyone leaves your sessions in freeroam for no reason at all, still unresolved since the day the game launched, an issue that ONLY effects GTAO and has no effect on any other online game but Rcokstar will sit there and time and again try and blame everything other than their sh*tty penny and dime back end infrastructure.

2). Jumps in stunt races that cannot be completed because their catchup system is broken, a case that was passed on to someone earlier this year, marked as resolved and three / four updates later is still not fixed.

• Forza Harrd and Haokizaru like this

Flying Deluxo
  • Flying Deluxo

"Nasty"

• Members
  • England
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 December 2017 - 07:04 PM

Funny enough rockstar support are always kind to me lol, they give me refunds because of glitches and actually lifted a (malicious) mute ban I received. 

• Haokizaru likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users